It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Anti - Freemasonry

page: 1
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
To those who take a dislike to masonry.

Right, i've been here for a year and i've heard some crazy stuff about masons and what goes on behind those doors. I was walking around Canterbury City Center and saw the masons lodge, so i thought "ah, what the heck, ill pay a visit", sadly, it was close. But i rang the buzzer and i nice gentleman came down and started chatting to me. I told him i was interested in freemasonry and asked for some information, he handed me a information pack (i recommend it to everyone here) and leaflet written by a non mason. Overall, i found it very interesting


There is a mason museum aswell in Canterbury and the masons have given me a free tour on Wednesday


So, please, before you starting hating...go and meet a mason




posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
At last, some one willing to go and find out for themselves rather than rant and rave about something they read, that's was copied by some one else, who got it from a mate, who saw it on a website, that was copied from a book, that was written by a bloke, who knew a fella, who lived in the same town as a boy, who's grandfather worked in the same city as a bloke who thought he over heard and man say masonry is satanic.

Good for you and well done for finding out for yourself and creating your own impressions of an age old fraternity that truly does try and do good things for all.



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bondi
At last, some one willing to go and find out for themselves rather than rant and rave about something they read, that's was copied by some one else, who got it from a mate, who saw it on a website, that was copied from a book, that was written by a bloke, who knew a fella, who lived in the same town as a boy, who's grandfather worked in the same city as a bloke who thought he over heard and man say masonry is satanic.

Good for you and well done for finding out for yourself and creating your own impressions of an age old fraternity that truly does try and do good things for all.


Thanx,
i take groups of friends to the masons all the times, especially the ones who think they are goin to take over the world



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I bet those that think they are taking over the world feel a little silly after



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bondi
I bet those that think they are taking over the world feel a little silly after



they did, but its ok. i was kinda like that when i first met one. i felt like a right fool afterwards



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I suppose I would rather feel a fool and know the truth, than spout a lie a be a fool.



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bondi
I suppose I would rather feel a fool and know the truth, than spout a lie a be a fool.


agreed.
i think people should go out and do abit of research before making up their mind. Plus remember geocities site prove nothing



posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bondi
I bet those that think they are taking over the world feel a little silly after


And here I thought I the world take-over meetings were being held on the nights I couldn't make it...



posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaseP


And here I thought I the world take-over meetings were being held on the nights I couldn't make it...


lol
dont forget the meetings were the greys attend

Damn! i keep missing them



posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
how do you know every thing going on. You do know in multi level organizations they dont let you know every thing. just cause a nice person hands you a nice paket of papers dosent mean anything. Dont believe everything that is in print. Also if I was planning something big hypatheticly I wouldnt tell everyone every thing.



posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Ghost 7
how do you know every thing going on. You do know in multi level organizations they dont let you know every thing. just cause a nice person hands you a nice paket of papers dosent mean anything. Dont believe everything that is in print. Also if I was planning something big hypatheticly I wouldnt tell everyone every thing.


We know what's going on because, in all the years of our close association to Freemasons and Freemasonry, we have been given no reason to believe otherwise. Have you?!?!?

We have been admitted behind the closed doors of Freemasonry, we have been included in, and shared with, the secrets of Freemasonry. That's how we know.

And by the way, for the last time: FREEMASONRY IS NOT, PAST THE MASTER MASON DEGREE, A MULTI-LEVEL ORGANIZATION. THERE ARE NO "RANKS", NO HIREARCHY. GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULLS ONCE AND FOR ALL!



[edit on 17-1-2005 by sebatwerk]



posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
ok have you talked to every single person in every lodge then you can tell me nothing is going on.

also what do you mean degrees if there is no ranking in it.
so technicly it it is a multi level system !



posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Ghost 7
also what do you mean degrees if there is no ranking in it.
so technicly it it is a multi level system !


As previously mentioned a million times before, degrees are not "ranks".



posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
yes they are look it up in a dictionary if you have to but any type of organization even if it is through degrees means it is a ranking system!



posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Ghost 7
yes they are look it up in a dictionary if you have to but any type of organization even if it is through degrees means it is a ranking system!


The word "rank" denotes that somebody is at a superior stage than somebody else.
Even though there are 33 degrees, there is no degree superior to the 3rd - therefore there is no rank.

Dictionary definitions are as follows:
A relative position in a society.
An official position or grade: the rank of sergeant.
A relative position or degree of value in a graded group.
High or eminent station or position: persons of rank.

As the 3rd degree is superior to all other degrees and as all masons must reach the third degree, you can see that none of those definitions is relevant to Freemasonry. There is no "relative postion" if everyone holds the superior degree of the 3rd is there?



posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by JaseP


And here I thought I the world take-over meetings were being held on the nights I couldn't make it...


lol
dont forget the meetings were the greys attend

Damn! i keep missing them


The NWO potlucks are on the 2nd and 4th tuesday of every month.
Grey squaredances are only on the third wednesday of each month.



posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Ghost 7
yes they are look it up in a dictionary if you have to but any type of organization even if it is through degrees means it is a ranking system!


I don't need to look it up, I've been in working in Masonry's degrees for years, and am very familiar with what they are.

It is NOT a ranking system. Degrees are for NEW MEMBERS. It is an initiation ceremony that one participates in when he joins the Fraternity. The initiation is divided up into three degrees for convenience, to give the Candidate a chance to absorb Masonic teaching, instead of throwing everything at him at once. This is not a "rank", it's the process of joining the fraternity.

Same thing with Scottish Rite and York Rite.When one joins one of those Rites, he receives the degrees. For example, if somebody wants to join the Scottish Rite, he applies for initiation there, which is divided up into the 4° through the 32°. These degrees don't give him any "rank", they're done in order to make him a member.

To illustrate my point, Masonic rank is held only by virtue of being elected to some office of Masonic leadership. If a Third Degree Mason is elected Master of the Lodge, then he outranks everybody else in the Lodge, including Brothers who have the 33° in the Scottish Rite. Here, there is obviously rank in Masonry, as with all organizations. My point is that it has nothing to do with degrees.

[edit on 18-1-2005 by Masonic Light]



posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Same thing with Scottish Rite and York Rite.When one joins one of those Rites, he receives the degrees. For example, if somebody wants to join the Scottish Rite, he applies for initiation there, which is divided up into the 4° through the 32°. These degrees don't give him any "rank", they're done in order to make him a member.

[edit on 18-1-2005 by Masonic Light]


Also in the Southern Jurisdiction in the USA, more often than not, A Mason is given the 4th-32nd degrees, in a matter of 2 days. So what would be the purpose of these being used as a rank system, when all who go through Scottish Rite, get to the 32nd degree?



posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cotwom


Also in the Southern Jurisdiction in the USA, more often than not, A Mason is given the 4th-32nd degrees, in a matter of 2 days.


I got all mine... hold on, I have the notes around here somewhere...

Yeah, 37 minutes here in TN.

If you count the 5 minutes we spent talking about how easy it was gonna be to take over Texas and Guatemala, then it would be 42 minutes, but I dont think those 5 minutes were part of the ceremony.

Also, we had 16 minutes following the ceremony of discussing the implementation of the Chimera Virus and only us elite 32* blokes were going to get the Beleraphon Anti-Virus.







P.S. If you were being serious, I apologize.

[edit on 18-1-2005 by DasBaldDog]



posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DasBaldDog

I got all mine... hold on, I have the notes around here somewhere...

Yeah, 37 minutes here in TN.

If you count the 5 minutes we spent talking about how easy it was gonna be to take over Texas and Guatemala, then it would be 42 minutes, but I dont think those 5 minutes were part of the ceremony.

Also, we had 16 minutes following the ceremony of discussing the implementation of the Chimera Virus and only us elite 32* blokes were going to get the Beleraphon Anti-Virus.

P.S. If you were being serious, I apologize.

[edit on 18-1-2005 by DasBaldDog]


Although your post was funny, I was being serious.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join