It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God loves this atheist.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

I like the sentiment of the original post in this thread. Here are some responses to other omments made:

Actually I would prefer to call myself a child of the earth. That makes me your brother.

Earlier you mentioned a "perfect" God full of grace, compassion and love; but Earth is not compassionate it is up to living beings to join with love to help each other thrive/survive.

And if your God is real, then nature is the realm of God,
and science is the foundation of God's majesty.

The realm of nature is the physical realm. God is Spirit. This physical world is indifferent to pain and suffering, the Earth is the body holding us here but it's Compassion that helps us survive and thrive and that is something that is within us, not outside of us (the physical Earth).

Science is the universal truth of reality.

Science is good for observing and seeing what is real, but there are many things we are not aware of that are real, and I'm not even talking about spiritual reality, I'm talking about physical things like planets that are billions of lightyears away. Science is a great tool to help us in our immediate evironment (or whatever environment we have access to) but there is always more.

If your God scorns true science, then your God is false.

I agree with you here. If a "god" is trying to keep you from learning about things, then that is manipulation to keep your mind in a box. There is nothing wrong with learning more. Knowledge is freedom (there is no freedom unless you are aware of what you are able to do). Any god trying to keep knowledge away from you is trying to keep awareness/freedom/choice away from you.

I wish you much peace. Stay connected with Compassion and you'll be ok. We really do Reap what we Sow, so it's good to keep planting seeds of Compassion.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Hello arpgme, Your wisdom flows like a mighty river.

"I wish you much peace. Stay connected with Compassion and you'll be ok. We really do Reap what we Sow, so it's good to keep planting seeds of Compassion."

Nothing transcends the wisdom of love and compassion.

To seek to enrich the quality of life for all of humanity

is to honor a truly perfect God

or a perfect sense of virtue.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Hello again arpgme,

"...Stay connected with Compassion and you'll be ok. We really do Reap what we Sow, so it's good to keep planting seeds of Compassion."

We honor Providence by lending a hand and a heart to the unfortunate

who deserve more than what fate has dealt them.

We enrich ourselves by being compassionate.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yeah like the Hindu's they have such colorful god

Hindu's believe in one God that takes many forms when you get deeper into their religion. Neighbors growing up were devout Hindus.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I do not believe in your God. I do not believe in any god. I do not claim that God does not exist. No true scientist would make such a claim. I am sure, though, that any true God is a perfect God. This God would be perfect in grace, compassion, and love. I would be a child of this Father, your Father. I am far from perfect; I am lazy, conceited, and selfish, but I am not an evil soul. God would love me because I love my brothers and sisters. All of you.

My friend,

No matter how much you adore love, even if you adore it to the core of your being, you are at some point unloving. If you actions are not unloving your thoughts at some point are unloving. Friend if you notice how important love is you must also realize that you are not always a loving individual. You are a sinner and I am a sinner. I hate that part of both you and me. I hate that part about the world. You want more love in the world because you see what we have become, but I believe you have blinded yourself into believing that you are good. None is good but God.

Many people fear telling people they will go to hell, but friend God will not be able to let you come home to him. You don't know Him. God loves you, but no matter how much he loves you he cannot forgive your sin if you do not accept him. You say you are willing to be convinced of ones God, then I say preform an experiment for a week. Everyday pray the prayer below at least once a day for a week with the intention of speaking to YHWH:

"God I don't know if your real. Jesus, I don't know if you are truly the Lord and only way back to the Father, but if you are please reveal yourself unto me. I know that at times I am sinner and I ignore a truly loving path. Jesus, my Lord, my Savior come into my heart and forgive me of my sins, I surrender my will to you. Amen."

If you don't notice something within that week changes your life you should know that God hasn't touched you with the Comforter yet and your search isn't over.

You might not be perfect, but friend part of you is evil and part of me is evil. That evil part of us still resides in the flesh even after one is saved. I personally have points in the day were I must stop whatever I am doing and pray for shelter from the demons that tempt me. I feel their presence in the room around me and something feels as though it tries to attack my thoughts. Only by allowing the spirit of God to flood my system can I get these intense feelings from going way. God does love you friend, but forgiveness is something you must ask for, and you cannot ask for forgiveness from a being you don't believe in. You call yourself a Scientist. Are you a reductionist/materialist?

In philosophy(which is Science), there is something known as an agent and there is something known as a mechanism. An agent is an entity that has the ability to preform an action. A mechanism is a natural or established process by which something takes place or is brought about. God is an agent not a mechanism. An agent can use mechanisms to preform an action. As a Scientist you should recognize that you do not study and test agency. You study and test mechanisms. It isn't logical for you to assume you will find God in nature as he is the creator of it. Do you look for the watchmaker in the watch? God tells us in the Bible that he designed his the creation to reflect his attributes. All you as a Scientist will ever do is describe certain attributes about God and understand certain attributes about God you will never discover Him. For example: The quality of electrons known as non-locality=what characteristic of God?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
God loves you, but no matter how much he loves you he cannot forgive your sin if you do not accept him. You say you are willing to be convinced of ones God, then I say preform an experiment for a week. Everyday pray the prayer below at least once a day for a week with the intention of speaking to YHWH:

"God I don't know if your real. Jesus, I don't know if you are truly the Lord and only way back to the Father, but if you are please reveal yourself unto me. I know that at times I am sinner and I ignore a truly loving path. Jesus, my Lord, my Savior come into my heart and forgive me of my sins, I surrender my will to you. Amen."

If you don't notice something within that week changes your life you should know that God hasn't touched you with the Comforter yet and your search isn't over.

Well, I guess that's some tough love for ya isn't it. Cast into hell for nothing more than simply Not Believing in Something that chooses to be unseen and unknown. Damn that is some twisted ass mental control you people throw at people and you don't even realize the damage that it causes. I just don't get it.

Tell me something. Why does he have to Pray that prayer, or something along those lines, for a week for some kind of Sign from God??? Why does it have to be a Sign or feeling also??? Why not just an answer, straight forward and direct so there is no confusion and no misunderstanding when you ask the question in an honest and sincere way???

Ever consider that if you were to pray for some sort of answer ever day for a week or longer and are wiling to accept an obscure answer, that just maybe you might manifest some kind of feeling or Sign by your own intent alone???
edit on 22-9-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Well, I guess that's some tough love for ya isn't it. Cast into hell for nothing more than simply Not Believing in Something that chooses to be unseen and unknown. Damn that is some twisted ass mental control you people throw at people and you don't even realize the damage that it causes. I just don't get it.

Its not just that he doesn't believe, but that God is a perfectly Just God and nothing with sin is allowed to enter heaven. Why would I lie to him and tell him its going to be ok? If I love him as a brother why would I not warn him of what could come of his choice to refuse God's pardon? Also, if its not true why would you matter if some crazy guy thought you were going to a place absent of a God you want nothing to do with?

Tell me something. Why does he have to Pray that prayer, or something along those lines, for a week for some kind of Sign from God??? Why does it have to be a Sign or feeling also??? Why not just an answer, straight forward and direct so there is no confusion and no misunderstanding when you ask the question in an honest and sincere way???

From my previous post that you quoted:

"If you don't notice something within that week changes your life you should know that God hasn't touched you with the Comforter yet and your search isn't over. "

Notice that I said it would change his life. I dont have to tell him how it will change his life he will know what I mean if he God chooses to reveal himself. It accompanies that feeling because after you truly make that decision the Holy Spirit floods your soul and you are literally reborn spiritually. Why does he have to talk to God in order to be forgiven of his sins? Thats just a silly question imo. That prayer isn't something you are just meant to say. Hopefully when he says those words he truly understands what he is saying. If he is just mouthing them off out of memory without an substance behind them they are pointless. Also, He said he was a scientist and out of my own curiosity I would like to hear the results of that experiment. Maybe He finds God, maybe he doesn't.

Ever consider that if you were to pray for some sort of answer ever day for a week or longer and are wiling to accept an obscure answer, that just maybe you might manifest some kind of feeling or Sign by your own intent alone???

Its not something I can describe friend thats why I told him if he noticed something that changed his life forever. I feel God in me friend. I know that is an alien thought to you, but he resides in me and watches over me.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Hello again, Servant,

"It isn't logical for you to assume you will find God in nature as he is the creator of it."

I completely agree, because I do not seek to find God.
I do not seek forgiveness of my sins from God.
I do seek forgiveness of my transgressions that have caused pain and sorrow to my family of this earth.
Many of us are truly evil, but I do believe that my heart is true.
From what I know of the ServantOfTheLamb, he loves our family too.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I completely agree, because I do not seek to find God. I do not seek forgiveness of my sins from God. I do seek forgiveness of my transgressions that have caused pain and sorrow to my family of this earth

Then why should he allow you to come live with him if these are the choices you make?

Many of us are truly evil, but I do believe that my heart is true. From what I know of the ServantOfTheLamb, he loves our family too.

Of course I love people, but that doesn't always stop me from being selfish and prideful and envious and slothful and many other things I could continue to list because it is obvious to me as a Christian that state of existence I reside in now is broken. I am completely and totally incapable of saving myself from this fallen state. God has corrected my spirit, but my image will remain fragmented until death or until he transforms me in the Rapture.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

"Then why should he allow you to come live with him if these are the choices you make?"

I would hope that by now you understand and can accept
that this question holds no meaning for me.
The salvation of my soul should not be your concern.
Just as I do not seek to cleave you from your God.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
We honor Providence by lending a hand and a heart to the unfortunate

who deserve more than what fate has dealt them.

We enrich ourselves by being compassionate.

Yes. This is what will change the world into a more loving place. Wisdom leads to Compassion, and Compassion leads to Generosity, and Generosity leads to those feelings of unity, family, community, support, and love. If everyone gave to each other, no one would ever be in lack. Everything would be in a perfect balance. Where there is confusion, fear, or pain, we can give our advice, support, and help. Everyone would be loved and cared for.

Even if no one else joins us we can still choose to shine our Light. Even if this peaceful world does not come to exist, we can still shine our Light (Help) those who we can to at least make things a little better and to feel happy of the smiles we put on others.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

"Even if no one else joins us we can still choose to shine our Light. Even if this peaceful world does not come to exist, we can still shine our Light (Help) those who we can to at least make things a little better and to feel happy of the smiles we put on others."

The thing is that I know that there is a multitude of souls that are wise beyond question.

That is why I know that the best days of Humanity lie before us.

Progress draws us closer to perfection.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

"Then why should he allow you to come live with him if these are the choices you make?" I would hope that by now you understand and can accept that this question holds no meaning for me.

Of course I understand that you do not believe in God, but if he exist and is perfectly Just then the point of the question still remains. I mean the phrase "God would love me because I love my brothers and sisters," should be just as meaningless to you. Yet you want to pretend that if God was real he would love you(which I agree he would), but take it a step farther and pretend you made all of the choices we were talking about, why should he let you come live with Him even though he loves you?

The salvation of my soul should not be your concern.

Well I can hope you understand that if I love you, the only thing I should be concerned for is the salvation of your soul. This life here is temporary friend, and nothing that happens here aside from our choice to repent and follow Jesus really matters. What car you drive, who you're going to marry, what job you have, what discoveries you make for the world, all of it will mean nothing in the end. So you are quite wrong friend. I love you therefore I cannot help but worry about your soul.

Just as I do not seek to cleave you from your God.

Yet in your world view there is no consequence for me believing in God, where as in my world view I am worried about the consequences of your choices.

If you saw a man about to drink from a well that you knew was poisoned would you quite your tongue?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Many people fear telling people they will go to hell, but friend God will not be able to let you come home to him. You don't know Him. God loves you, but no matter how much he loves you he cannot forgive your sin if you do not accept him.

You are absolutely incorrect.You are projecting your Belief System religion and “feelings” .There is not truth in your statements at all.There is no “place called “hell” and the creator God does not torture nor annihilate a person there.The scriptures do not support that doctrine in the least (Yahoshua is the savor of ALL men).There are a multitude of scriptures that support that and so does common reason and TRUTH.

The fact is neither do you know the creator God because you falsely believe they “act” according to your false religious beliefs. You have no idea what forgiveness is.It is the Greek word aphesis and means freed from bondage not pardoned of guilt.Everyone is accountable for their guilt EVEN YOU and the billions of others that don’t “believe” they are because they believe that’s what forgiveness means.You are still in your sin (missing the mark of maturity)

That evil part of us still resides in the flesh even after one is saved. I personally have points in the day were I must stop whatever I am doing and pray for shelter from the demons that tempt me. I feel their presence in the room around me and something feels as though it tries to attack my thoughts.

This is the only Truth you have wrote in this thread.Yes ..you are evil.The reason you have “demons” tempting you to do evil is because your religious carnal mind (satan ..the adversary)is perverted with your religion and because it is YOUR nature and character.They are YOUR demons not some mythical entity/beings you have made up and blame for YOUR choices and acts and way of thinking.Everyone has their own cross to bear but you are very incorrect to place your religious cross on another person while looking down your nose at them and condemning them to “your” hell.This is EXACTLY what the pharisees did.The reason you have to drive demons away by what you call prayer (and is not at all) is because you have not been forgiven.(so you chastise others for it) and try to bind others with it just as the pharisees did..

The quality of electrons known as non-locality=what characteristic of God?

This a good example of how little you know what you are talking about.Non locality has nothing to do with a “quality”….you are talking nonsense.

Its not just that he doesn't believe, but that God is a perfectly Just God and nothing with sin is allowed to enter heaven. Why would I lie to him and tell him its going to be ok? If I love him as a brother why would I not warn him of what could come of his choice to refuse God's pardon?

Yes…the “creator God” is just but not the God” you believe in (the one you have made in your image).You God condemns and judges WITHOUT justice with unjust weights and balances.Even mans judges more justly to make the punishment fit the crime and allows for correction yet YOUR God’s punishment does not because it is purely punitive with no mercy or justice.There is no correction in “infinite punishment it is beyond cruel and unusual punishment yet you believe it is just.This GOD you believe in is only made in your image and IS you. It isn’t people that DO NOT believe in a “false” God that are deceived it is those that DO because every single one of them”believe” THEIR GOD is the only real God and “favors” THEM (and not billions of others) because they “chose to believe”.

The fact is the religion-religious of mankind are “creating” their “own” God in “their image.There are some people(even though ALL are religious) that aren’t because they have been forgiven.They didn’t have to ask it was GIVEN to them just as it will be given to you and there again is the fallacy of your assumption.That you have to ask yet you could never ask unless it was already given.

Notice that I said it would change his life. I dont have to tell him how it will change his life he will know what I mean if he God chooses to reveal himself. It accompanies that feeling because after you truly make that decision the Holy Spirit floods your soul and you are literally reborn spiritually.

This is more of your “made up religion”.You “feel” your God because your “God” is in your MIND..it is in you “emotions” because your God is only a feeling you have that you believe in..nothing more.The Holy Spirit does not “flood a soul” that doesn’t even mean anything it is more religious rhetoric.A soul is being that has life(spirit).Animals are “souls”.Spirt simply means “life” which is the essence of it’s definition breath,wind…NO one has ever been “born anew” is the culmination of the Good News Yahoshua “proclaimed”(stated in Truth).ALL of mankind (not just the self chosen few) WILL be delivered from the realm of death and imperception (the definition of Hades)NONE have been “born anew” everyone that has died is in the realm of death and will remain there until resurrection to LIFE.

Why does he have to talk to God in order to be forgiven of his sins? Thats just a silly question imo. That prayer isn't something you are just meant to say. ........

I agree your whole line of thought is silly.The prayer you wrote is meaningless religion(and as you said …an experiment).You are just piling on the evidence of the futility of your actions.Fortunately the creator God is NOTHING like you believe.

Its not something I can describe friend thats why I told him if he noticed something that changed his life forever. I feel God in me friend. I know that is an alien thought to you, but he resides in me and watches over me.

This is the ultimate delusion.The creator God NOR what you believe is the Holy Spirt or “christ” resides in you.That is pagan belief.A few paragraphs back you were bragging about how evil you are now you proclaim the creator God resides in you.Your false belief that you are born anew and now the Holy Spirit(the 3rd person of the trinity) lives in you is false.That isn’t what "christ in you" or any alluding to the Holy Spirit means at all.

Yahoshua IS the christ(the anointing) which is the power of the creator God….LIFE!Yahoshua IS the “seed” of the creator God the Father.By the Life of Yahoshua ALL of mankind (and creation) will be delivered from the realm of death and imperception(their religion) and raised (resurrected) to LIFE…THAT is being born anew….to be be “born anew on high(That is what Yahoshua said) you must be born of water(into the flesh) then DIE in the FLESH and BE DEAD (no NDE’s) and BE in the realm of death.THAT is the good news…and NONE have to “say a religious prayer” or ask or do ANYTHING to receive it just as NONE did ANYTHING to cause their physical conception and birth

If you truly "loved someone you'd tell the TRUTH not the lies you have spewed and called it loving.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Dear Servant,

"Yet in your world view there is no consequence for me believing in God, where as in my world view I am worried about the consequences of your choices."

I live in a world that is shaped and influenced by religion. A non believer is treated with hostility and rejection when it comes to being a teacher, running for office, or even serving in the military.

I would prefer that you re-channel your concern for my salvation to increasing the love and succor that I know you provide to the suffering children of this world. They are so much more deserving than I.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I would prefer that you re-channel your concern for my salvation to increasing the love and succor that I know you provide to the suffering children of this world. They are so much more deserving than I.

Why can't I do both? I didnt respond to ther other part because yes there are people out there who act crazy and radical, but I am not one of them. I also agree that it is religions fault. Knowing God and understanding Scripture is far different from religion. Many people go to Christian churches looking for God, but they find religion instead. Religion is a powerful tool of Satan's imo.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I think your agnostic... Not an atheist...

Other than that, God Bless you!

That is a common misconception but I have a picture that can help clear that up.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rex282
This is the ultimate delusion.The creator God NOR what you believe is the Holy Spirt or “christ” resides in you.That is pagan belief.

It's in The Bible, though, so it's a Biblical belief:

"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." - Luke 17:21

"And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him." - 1 John 4:16

"No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us." - 1 John 4:12

God is Love and when we live in Love, we live in God, and God lives in us.

What is "Love"?

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." - John 15:13, Jesus Christ

Love is self-sacrifice, Generosity, Giving to others. When we Give to others, that is Love. This is also why Jesus taught to "go the extra mile" (Matthew 5:41), and to Give to others (Matthew 5:42).

Jesus said "You Are The Light of The World" and that we should not keep The Light hidden, but that we should Shine The Light in order to glorify God in Heaven (Matthew 5:14-16). A Light that doesn't Shine, isn't Light at all, it is darkness. Jesus said to be careful that The Light within you is not actually darkness (Luke 11:35). If someone wants you to live without Generosity (Self Sacrifice - Giving to others) then they are telling you not to Shine The Light.

Research says that Generosity is good for you and it makes you happier (Link). Jesus said that The Truth shall set you Free (John 8:32).

What ServantOfTheLamb says is right because God is within Everyone, but everyone is given the choice to deny The Spirit and serve The Body (The Flesh) or to serve The Spirit (Galatians 5:17).

"Beloved let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.\" - 1 John 4:7-8

May God keep everyone in Truth and inspire people to keep being Light.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

None of those scriptures say the “Holy Spirit is “living” inside of a person.Yahoshua was doing miracles and so some PHARISEES asked him when the Kingdom of the creator God was “coming”…he said

The Kingdom of God comes WITHOUT observation and is neither here nor there but is “in YOUR midst”.

Earlier some people that said he cast out demons by satan and he said to them

“But if I by the finger of God cast out demons, then is the kingdom of God “come upon you”.

Do you think he told the Pharisees the Holy Spirit is living inside of them?Or that people that just accused him of casting or demons by the power of satan said the Holy Spirit lives inside of you.?neither make any sense in the least .

The translators made this look like two different meanings but they aren’t.Yahoshua is saying the Kingdom of the creator God has COME upon them because YAHOSHUA is in their midst doing the works of the creator God the Father.He does not say the Holy Spirit is “living” inside you or even “will”

In John 4:12 and 16 the word dwell is translated from the Greek word menō which means remains or abides it does not mean “living inside” like a pagan possession of a spirit being(which there is no such thing as).
In Matthew 26:38 Yahoshua says to the disciples:

“ REMAIN here and stay awake with Me”

and uses the word menō (remain…dwell)…he obviously did not mean “live inside of me” or anything close to it.

Just like MANY others you are extrapolating and reading into the scriptures what you want it to say.That is intellectually and ethically dishonest and it doesn’t matter how benevolent the sentiment is.

edit on 25-9-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Dear Servant,

"Knowing God and understanding Scripture is far different from religion."

Your statement is truly Orwellian.
Perhaps you feel that religion is what others believe
whereas you have been graced by the Truth.

If you, as a Servant of God distain religion,
Then I shake my head.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join