It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS members remote viewing thread (Please check the OP for links to the latest RV task!)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Aural

I will also add a code to each image and each image will be clear and recent.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Yay! Go mike! This thread will basically be like a forum for theese rv tests coool

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Btw im feeling lemons...

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
What an awesome thread!! i keep being too late too try and also take a guess when pictures are posted so i thought i would comment so i can keep up and am not too late next time! Such an interesting concept!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Eventually a database will build as to which sort of things are being sensed, for example is it shapes, feelings, temperature, colours, is it natural materials such as wood or metal, or natural environment places, the possibility that known or famous places might be more easily accessed by RV

I think that there are many ways to experiment with the factors involved. I'd suggest members post responses containing the various "impressions", such as SHAPE, TEMP, COLOR, NATURAL or ARTIFICIAL, ETC, and to keep it as simple as possible at first. I would think the "accuracy" is directly proportional to characteristics of the RV image, and that by requiring a certain number of required "fields" it would help to eliminate random impressions.

I haven't clarified with the OP yet, but we are (perhaps) planning a Saturday the 6th RV experiment while recording Monday the 8th's episode of Out of the Box. I'm proposing the OP pick one image, and we'll focus on it, as senders, and other members give their impressions until the Monday reveal. I'd like to see the experiment to have the above containers, with participants stating:

1. Shape
2. Temperature
3. Color
4. Composition
5. ETC, as the OP sees fit.

This fits into the aspects of a blind study of a different sort, because we'll be talking about the image, and sending it out, so any posts in this thread would be related to our pre-recorded discussion, but not revealed until Monday night. There would be plenty of time to post impressions, and the details reviewed and compiled in this thread after Monday.

OP?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Came to check in and tell I`m ready for the next test
It would be good though that the time frame from the start to the end of the particular task should be at least 24h due to us being in different time zones.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Im probably still going to wind up doing things different from others. I dont know why.

a reply to: PhoenixFreeman

Stop molesting the lemons.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Druid42

That sounds great. I am compiling an information page for the thread that covers the things to mention in the RV, similar to the things you mentioned, such as colour, shape etc, basic parameters.

The live experiment sounds good, I sent you a pm confirming times etc.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Really hope you may try taking an actual object, and putting it into a box as an experiment. (Can start with very 'distinguishable' objects.)

Not sure how RV works but thought that may be another aspect of RV we can experiment with. I think the original RV experiments (like ones conducted by some governments) are done with actual events/things happening/existing in another room/place.

You can take a picture of the object beforehand in front of the clock like you did with the photo. Just a suggestion.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I see a talking HORSE!!! No wait, that's John Kerry!!

Seriously a lion

Pax

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Yes, basic impressions are the key in nearly all RV tasking. It's quite rare to just "get an image" of something and it turns out to be spot on. It does happen, sure (and I've had it happen), but most of the time what works better is getting the sense of the target from whatever weird and wonderful images we perceive. Things like relative lighting, colours, texture, possible size and use (if any -- depends on what the target is), any feeling of male or female influence, natural or manmade (if an object and not a general scene), and so on.

So, if we can get pretty close to your target in some aspects, like size, type of material, possible colour and also use, that's not too bad. For example, with your most recent task, you could have drawn a picture of your refrigerator, your car, your house or a tree in the garden, none of which would match well for the kind of size that most seemed to pick up on. Or it might have been a tiny ear ring or a small ladybird crawling around on the windowpane, which is getting way too small.

One of the restrictions we had here was that we knew you were most likely drawing a physical object. This is fine, as the task simply becomes, "describe the object that has been drawn by the tasker". (You are the "tasker".
) This was good, because we had no idea what the object might be. (Any task subject is valid for RV.)

On the other hand, if you proceed as you have suggested and choose your tasking images from the enormous range available on the WWW, then the tasking becomes even broader. Paradoxically, this can actually make it better, because those attempting the task have no preconceived notions or limits. The task is simply to "describe the focus of the picture at the time it was taken". And as it could be anything in the world at all (or off it), we are less likely to analyze our RV and include/discard data on the basis that "it doesn't fit".

Just for info, I'll be away from Saturday a.m. and won't be back til Sunday evening, most likely. (I'm only one hour ahead of your time.) So, if you are able to post a new task tonight (Friday) then I can edit your OP to help members/readers find it easily. If you won't have the opportunity then other staff can likely take care of it if I'm away.

edit on 5/9/14 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: Aural

I will also add a code to each image and each image will be clear and recent.

Good move!

If you like, you can use this Random String Generator, which will generate combinations of letters and digits. It's the same sort of random stringing that RV sites tend to use.

Random codes are ideal because they are non-sequential and have no discernible pattern, so they don't cognitively distract the viewer from the actual task.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

I am planning on having the information page and the new image done tonight but it will be in a few hours.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Thanks, I will probably use the string generator for the image codes.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

There are plenty of possibilities, this included, I won't do this for tonight's image though possibly for another image.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a butterfly?

edit: i was way off.
edit on 5-9-2014 by parad0x122 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

Yet to do the live image, should be tonight.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Sat here ready and waiting!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Don't draw a butterfly X-D

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Great!

If it gets late and I'm not online to do the OP edit tonight, I'll log in tomorrow morning and take care of it before I go out.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join