It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hernando's Hideaway. Another Thread "almost certainly not for you."

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
: rings bell :

LAST CALL.

Goodnight.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Egads!!! It's dark outside, Hernado's looks empty and a dragon ate half the moon!

I can tell right away this day is going to require a jump start so first things first. Coffee pots are now percolating and the grill is heating up.

No way I'm cooking any bugs though,not until the apocalypse. Until then it's omelet's, cereal's, toast and jam and all that other basic stuff.

~Sits in corner with a huge mug of coffee and looks for a paper to read.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago
Great Job My Friend, The coffee Smells Fantastic,,,,, Thank You.
I'll take some toast with Strawberry jam, please.

I can't stay, have an appointment, but we'll be back,,,,, Running out the door,,,,,,, Thank You!!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Hey Chuck, told you I'd be back brought us a bottle of some 12yr aged Oban scotch as a peace token from my absence. I am going through a lot of life changing things and being surrounded by all kinds of challenges. I am doing my best to figure things out but at the very least I figured I would say hi once in awhile.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

The South Napa Quake happened August 24th 2014 at 3:21am. It was really violent shaking!

You get a lot of snow on the east coast, right? One of these days I hope to vacation in New England during the Fall, it's so beautiful.

Gotta keep your neighbors on their toes, lol! Do you put the prints in the windows?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
So, catching up on this place. I seem to miss the joint when it jumps.

It's not the bras that bother me; it's the freakin' panty hose. I can go out and buy a brand new pair, and I swear it has a run as soon as I start to run it up my leg ... every time. No fail.

So, you gals burn the bras, and I'll burn the hose.

As for eating insects, I think it would depend on how they were done. They'd have to be crunchy I think. Eating some big fat grub that got all gooey, squirty would be a little too exotic for me to start with ... sort of like starting out on sushi with something like uni.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: blackcatmagic

Welcome to ATS, blackcatmagic!

Love love love your avatar!

If you love cats there's a Crazy Cate People Thread on ATS that brings the cute's on the daily

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Lol on the bugs!

Got some amazing (lol) pictures of the moon last night with my iPhone. Our beautiful camera broke in the quake

Oh well, there's always next time!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Thank you!

Oh yes! I'll be there.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman
It's good to see you, I hope it all works out for you.
Please remember we miss you and care.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
ketsuko,,, this is Hernando's Hideaway,,,,,,
It's Jumping Just Because YOU, made an Appearance!

To Prove it,,,,,,,,,Now play on our Juke Box is!!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
You did a Wonderful Job,,, But,,, What happened to the Tree Grubs we had slow roasting in the oven?

No,,, you didn't take those home did you,,,, I had those treated as an Extra Strong Ex-lax,,,,
Did you eat any of those
Don't get to far from a Toilet!
I was going to use those at the Democratic Convention here in Tuscon AZ. I was going to de-solve them in their Kool-aide and put crunch them up and sprinkle them over they Salad's and Cupcakes.

edit on 8-10-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

That was on ATS, how did I forget that lol? Must've been the Yukon Jack

Hope you didn't have any damage, sounds frightening to be honest.

Luckily so far I've never experienced a quake, even though when I was in SF during 2008 we had a small one. I was in the basement apartment so that might have had a dampening effect. I've experienced hurricanes, blizzards, tornadoes and heat waves. I'm such a lightweight!

We get plenty of snow here and it turns into a winter wonderland! Jack Frost has a monopoly on window prints lately hahaha. Seeing all the animal tracks after a light snow is awesome. Coyote, squirrel, rabbit, etc. And the barred owls seem to enjoy snow on the ground, must make it easier to see lunch

I like the moon pic I can almost see Barnabas

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Nope I didn't take the bugs. I have to be honest here, as a 30+ year avid motorcyclist I've eaten enough bugs to last me a lifetime. And each of those bugs was rocketed down my throat usually at some high velocity, yuck.

With Tuscon being in a border state you'd think the dems would be smart enough to pick somewhere else for a convention. Still as bad as they're doing I don't put it past the republicans to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory come the mid-terms. Frankly I doubt it matters much anyway who wins anymore.

Funny I just listen to that video of Gaga and Jagger the other night. It was pretty good though it's the first time I've every seen or heard Gaga before.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The most I've ever heard of Gaga was my sister-in-law running around randomly spouting out strands of Gaga babble last Christmas.

I tend to avoid most pop tarts, edible and semi-musical.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Yeah, me too. But she's not bad in the video. I mean anyone who can strut and prance around the stage in those spiked heels and a zebra costume at least gets a small nod for sheer guts.

Anyway the last of those I really paid any mind to was Madonna way back in the stone age.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Yes, but the diversity of music we have,,,, the joint was jumping and my wife was missing and somebody had burnt their Pantyhose,,,,,,, was that you and not Lady Gaga?
For one thin Dime, you can play anything you want any Time!

One of my all time favorite groups, I still have all their 45's

YEAH Baby!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Then of-course there's the songs we went to Nam listen to.

Now she Deserves a Raise!

I hear the door opening,,,, looking up,,,, yup it's the Little Woman,,,, she's really Little, that's a fact.

Time to tend to the bar and put these dollar bills away,,,,,,,

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Dollar bills??? You have dollar bills? Why that must put you in the top 10% of Americans these days

The Hollies were great but YouTube just doesn't do them justice. I remember vinyl and expensive turntables, no that was a time of greatness. Tried to listen to a few of their old video's like Bus Stop but the quality was abysmal. *sigh, oh well.

@All Hernando's just a thought/topic (maybe) but I'm thinking the political landscape for 2016 is looking really bad. I mean what do we really expect to be offered? Republicans maybe Chris Christy or (god forbid) Jeb Bush. Maybe if republican America is really lucky they get Perry. Rubio is a RINO and Cruz is a hothead.

On the democrat side does anyone really think anyone but Hilary Clinton will get the nomination? I don't, Biden has gone senile and I can't think of anyone else who may give it a go.

So with all that misery ahead does anyone think as a country we have any chance? I don't think we do but I'm looking for some hope here. Help a fella out.

(Sorry Charles for the politics topic)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I think Clinton will get the nomination. As for anybody else I can't fathom who they'll pick. As a country we have a chance, but I think as a planet we have a better chance. It's like Captain Planet, people from different countries working together with the Jolly Green Giant.

Mmm, classic songs on youtube. I love the Name Game and pretty much anything from the 50's to the 70s. Some good times for music, I was born too late but youtube is now the biggest concert venue of all time.

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join