It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hernando's Hideaway. Another Thread "almost certainly not for you."

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Bassago
I guess i made and impression.
Have you learned anything about that method today, Bassago?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Yes you have.

Have I learned anything.. hmm? Honestly not sure except the less I interact the foggier my brain feels. Not sure if that's related or if I was just foggy today to begin with. Thinking I'm just fogged today.

Or maybe it's those double Jacks Mrs G has been piling on me.

Oh I was going to ask everyone, did anyone else catch Obama's "we're going to bomb ISIS to death" speech tonight?
edit on 279am5858am122014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I definitely caught it a few minutes ago and that was what i got out of it also.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Well, I'm glad you're here and not out chasing those Blondes Charles was with earlier.
Could be bad for your Ticker

Obamas, speech,,He's all Talk and no action, He blow it, should have been a man with a pair of Balls and Hit them when They showed themselves moving in the Open, now their integrated in the cities and towns and villages, To many Civilian Deaths, Liberals will Cry and Whin and Complain and Blame it's Bushes Fault!

edit on 11-9-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Blondes aren't bad for my ticker but they are bad for my sanity. My first wife was blonde and whoo boy I'll go with a brunette or redhead or even bald any day. I could write a thesis on blondes.

Dare I start a thread on the topic?

Er... nope, not going there.

As far as Obama I think he's just folded to the neocons who really don't care as much about ISIS as they do for having an excuse to finally go in and bomb Syria. My prediction is they will expand this from taking out ISIS to taking out Assad. They'll rationalize it as well we're already here so what the heck.

edit on 305am2626am12014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
My Hair is as Black as a Ravens A$$ feathers

I've had one to many,,,, let's have another,,,, Bar Tender,, A double for My friend here and my Rum & Coke Room Temp if you Please!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I don't see it, 15 or 20 years ago, I would have agreed with you and the War Hawks in the American Government, The Chinese Central Committee Would have Agreed with You, But Not today, America is Tired and They Don't Want To Be The World police Anymore.

Plus, with what I know and who I know that still operate in your alphabet agencies they don't have the Expertise they had up to the early 2000, proof is in the phone call my husband got today and the plane he's on now.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Black hair is truly awesome. Mine used to be black, now it more distinguished.
(That's guy code for it's getting grey.)

Kind of like this:

Yes America is tired but the warhawks are not, especially the neocons. They don't fight anyway. They just send others to die instead.

I'd love to hear the story behind your husband's trip but I'm sure that's not something you want to post.

Think I'll hit the hay so see everyone later. Goodnight everyone.

edit on 321am3434am12014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Well,,,, I think to myself as I look around the empty bar, the fire has died out and the bar tender has gone for the night, I guess i'll lock up and leave, unless some one is lurking in the corner I don't see and wants to set and drink and talk awhile.

No,,,,,No one Here?
OK, I'll leave the key in the regular place for Expat encase he stops buy or any one else, I'll be back by later, Good Night.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888
What did you open up. you where here 12 minutes ago, did you stop by and say Hello?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Did you say Rum and Coca Cola?

my favorite song at the moment

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

Wonderful Music!!
Yes, Rum & Coke, I can't Believe I'm Still Up!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

same here... I need to log off and do my dishes.

tis fun reading and chatting though.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Was in lobby of company waiting on some friends to wrap up work before heading to club on company paid drinking binge .. at club now it one of the ones where foriegners not allowed .. just in for few then back to drinking .. and most likely accused once again in morning by friends wives of being bad influence for keeping friends out drinking all night and making sure they get home in morning ..

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Anyone home? Need cooooffffeeeee.

Looks like I get to open so I'll pick the coffee. Coffee of the day is a rich dark Turkish blend and no messing it up by adding milk. Cream if you must, no milk.

Saccharin..?? What?

Good morning folks.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

It became too much of a liability. Anyone who might have been effective was put on the political chopping block. We got too tied up in our political feuds to care about the security of the country anymore. It's not about what you know anymore but about toeing the party line, and that's very, very bad.

Most people don't even realize how bad it's gotten. But some of the political moves that are being taken with the military should be a flashing red light signal. They're moves being taken to appease special interest groups without worrying about how they might affect the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the military as a fighting force as a whole.

It's the same sort of monkeying you see going on with society which is also being done without the same sort of questioning. Change for the sake of change without wondering whether or not what you're changing might have been like that for a real reason. People have it in their heads that everything old or traditional is the enemy without wondering whether or not some of it exists for a real reason that makes actual sense.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Oh, and good afternoon. Anyone got some cocoa with some butter shots or maybe peppermint schnapps? It's downright chilly out here in the middle of nowhere today.

But that's better than it was two days ago. We turned off the AC and opened it all up and we had the place up to just under 90 before this cold front came through. Thought I was going to melt on Tuesday.

And a good song for reminiscing. Ignore the bad music video to hear the lyrics. This one gets more and more bittersweet as the years go by and has more and more meaning.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm in utter awe. Good afternoon all. It was a strange night, but Wednesdays always are. The show officially ends at 11 p.m. Central time, but we all talk over Skype for a while afterwards. I fall into bed (maybe I should try one of those cots in the back, instead) take my sleep pills, then sleep in three hour segments until nearly noon. (Unless there's a reason to get up, and it had better be a good one.)

That strange sleep is part of my disability, but I'd rather not talk about it publicly because real guys are near perfect and don't have problems. I fall short of that part of the guy code from time to time, but I can seek forgiveness by spending half an hour in a hardware store, or truck or motorcycle dealership. (We don't have any gun shops nearby.)

Ketsuko, Hi! I didn't see you over there. I hope you're feeling all right, it seems like a bout of discomfort is sweeping through the regulars here lately. G keeps the place spotless, so nobody's catching anything here. Just take care of yourself.

You said something that struck a chord with me. It brings up a question I haven't been able to answer yet, maybe you or the rest of the guys in the place can help. Here's what you said:

Change for the sake of change without wondering whether or not what you're changing might have been like that for a real reason. People have it in their heads that everything old or traditional is the enemy without wondering whether or not some of it exists for a real reason that makes actual sense.

There's not much question left, especially after Mrs. guohua offered her assessment of America's strength, that the country is worse off in nearly every area then it was a decade ago. Our current president's job approval has been slipping (or plunging, depending on which side of the aisle you're on) almost from his first day. So my question is:

Is our current president intentionally weakening the country, or is he doing it through carelessness or inadvertence? If intentionally, is it because of hatred for the traditional, or for America as an idea, a country?

At the beginning, I thought it was just a set of bad breaks, but after six years it's getting harder and harder to believe it. He's a very effective president, in that he's made many changes, he's had a big effect. Not too many people anymore think those changes are good.

People are being told that a Congress that prevents the president from getting things done is a bad thing and justifies extraordinary action. In the first place, the system was designed to make changes difficult unless there was fairly widespread agreement. In the second place, I think we've had enough changes for now, let's try to heal from the changes we've had.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

WHAT!!!!!

Saccharin??? In Hernando's??? There is an enemy in our midst, smuggling in poison. All right, I can see it as a preventative for diabetes sufferers, but let's see no more of that as a regular thing. It can go back to the medicine cabinet where it belongs.

Nooo, I don't think the dark Turkish for me. It's too early in the day. I don't want to get stuck in a rut, but I think I'll go back for one of G's inspiring omelettes, hot sauce, and orange juice (my system isn't up to grapefruit yet).

Just had a thought. I was wondering if people would want to know what the Hernando's presentation was like last night. I have a copy of it in text, should I post it?

Then, when I'm better, you can explain to me about the neo-cons that are running the country, and their desire to bomb the Middle-East. I may not be understanding you, but the very little bit I know about it makes me think that it's not very likely. But, hey, it's early, and most of my mind hasn't reported for duty. My brain's in place, but there's nobody there.

Maybe after the omelette.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Hello, Expat888, thanks for providing more evidence for my still developing theory. I'm beginning to think that the optimal behavior for a man is to ignore anything a woman says, unless she lives in the same house, or is his employer.

Was in lobby of company waiting on some friends to wrap up work before heading to club on company paid drinking binge .. at club now it one of the ones where foriegners not allowed .. just in for few then back to drinking .. and most likely accused once again in morning by friends wives of being bad influence for keeping friends out drinking all night and making sure they get home in morning ..

They got home safely, the drinks were paid for, you had a great time, and the women call you a bad influence? Makes no sense to me. I could use some of your influence.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join