It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hernando's Hideaway. Another Thread "almost certainly not for you."

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Oooo! I love salt and vinegar flavored things ...

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Good Afternoon .. lunchtime here stopped in at a little shop having wonton mee along with tea ..

Think should keep Hernando's as is - by invite only otherwise end up with all sorts of mess not to mention flaming .. namecalling .. and fighting from the barbarians .. erm .. individuals who are incapable of holding a civil conversation ..

Ahh.. that was Serdgiam who was trying to develop a form containing all those elements in it ..
Tend to be a traditionalist in my practice of martial arts as like my ancestors train and perfect my skill on my own the way was taught growing up ..
I practice the combat forms not the modern watered down sport forms .. but there is more to life than just good martial skill .. to have balance one should also learn / study art .. literature .. culture .. strive to learn and grow as a human being .. there must be balance to maintain harmony both in oneself and in ones surroundings ..

The jukebox idea is good .. or maybe even a piano player on weekends ..

Think music is probably one of the greatest creations humanity has came up with .. it transcends time .. borders .. cultures speaking to all who hear it .. have often pondered what humanities greatest creation is ..

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
These days fish the lazy way .. sit under a tree while hekyl & jekyl my cormorants catch fish ..
In past done some saltwater fishing but thats been years ago now ..

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
Thread/topic ideas. One just popped into my head when you asked that but you'll need to hunt for it. One of the members and I can't remember who has a link as their signature. Something like "Take care of your thread participant's" or something like that.

That's Akragon. He's replied to some of mine.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888
My husband and I love to go Fishing, my husband likes to fish for Flat Head cat fish, he uses live bait.
He fishing from late evening to late at night with his lantern's and coffee.

He uses three poles with a two pole stamp on his fishing Lic.
He say's it's late their all home asleep anyway, which must be true, he's been doing this forever and has never seen a fish n game person after 5:00 PM.

There's Nothing Like a Bowel of Fish Head Soup

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I heard "peace" "fishing" and "juke box"
Im in.... what are we doing?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Hey guys, I'm up and around early today for some reason. Mind if I get another of those amazing omelettes and talk to EyesOpenMouthShut first? He's new here after all.

EyesOpenMouthShut, you've found, or been invited to, a unique place in the ATS world. I use that word precisely. If you happened to read the OP (and if you haven't, you really should), you'll have discovered that Hernando's has two rules, purposes, or topics. One is the search for truth. We're looking for truth and understanding in little pieces, then hoping to combine those little pieces into a large, capital T, Truth. That's why you saw the discussion on peace (which is ongoing, by the way). We found a little bit of truth while discussing communication between men and women, and we'll find more.

The second principle, or whatever you choose to call it, is the more important. People here say nothing unless they realize that they are talking to another person, a human being like themselves. Hernando's has no room at all for hatred, insults, flaming, or attacks. We have no interest in belittling or trapping people in order to prove a point.

There is no point, or culture, or economy, or nation, or political system which is more important than an individual human and his eternal destiny. We try to provide comfort here and support, understanding and friendship. That is far more important than any topic we might be discussing.

What are we doing? Right at the moment? Well, we are working on finding a definition of "peace" that goes beyond the simple ones like "absence of war." We're talking about fishing, because I was really hurting yesterday and needed to change the subject. One of the Hernandos picked up on fishing and off we went.

We're talking about juke boxes because, in some almost magical way, Hernando's is becoming a real place. Of course it's no more "really real" than any place on the internet, but read through the thread. I actually mean it. You'll find true people and their personalities, you'll almost be able to see the bar and the tables, the cots way in the back room if people need to take a quick nap. You'll see the couple in the corner having their own conversation, and smell the astonishingly great food served by G our bartender.

I truly believe that Hernando's is more real than any other place on ATS.

What else are we doing? Whatever you'd like. Feel free to add a new topic, or just get to know some of the people here. I can assure you that each is remarkable in their own way, and I'd give a lot to be able to spend a weekend to be with any of them.

You can bring up people who are meaningful to you, but aren't on ATS, your past experiences, your current worries. All of these things make you more "real" as a person, and they remind us that we're dealing with real people here in Hernando's. It's a lot easier to care for and respect the posters when they're not seen as opponents, but as friends walking with us to find truth.

Holy buckets, I've talked a lot. Could I have a glass of grapefruit juice and some coffee to go with that omelette?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hi there, ketsuko. Good mornin' to you. Hope you're feeling strong, confident and ready for the day.

I've got a couple of questions (because my brain seems to be all crunched into the back of my head and it's not working very well), why is it that a female type human can say "Oooo!" and it's acceptable, and even attractive, but if a man says it, everybody starts slowly backing away?

I don't think it's just socialization, I wonder if it's a sense of "something's not right here." But maybe that sense was socialized into us. Told you my brain is all cramped up today.

Second question if I may. Don't you live in a part of the world (let alone country) known for it's steaks? How do you feel about those? I've never heard of vinegar and salt on steaks.

You know, come to think of it, I should probably go back to bed. I don't think I'm making any sense whatever.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

That's Akragon. He's replied to some of mine.

That's it. I tried to search the name but kept thinking it started with AR which showed everybody him (her?) Thanks!

Whoops "him" it is. Still early my reading/comprehension quotient is only at 40%.

Coffee!! I need coffee.

edit on 646am4343am92014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Expat888, you're a life saver (it just hit me that you've probably done that far more than once), you're just what my tired old head needed.

You're talking about martial arts and music, eh? I wonder if there's a connection between them. I don't know anything about any martial art, but the movements have always seemed like a dance, or perhaps sculpting. (The sculpting idea comes from the fairly fixed, stable and rigid positions that I see the moves ending in.)

Just as it would be difficult to mix Bach and Basie, wouldn't it be difficult to blend two of the martial arts unless they had some underlying similarity and you were a pretty competent practitioner of both?

I'm sorry to do this, it seems so unnecessary, but I have to, my will has been taken over.

I worry about the barbarians as well, I don't know how we could deal with them except a vast "ignore." Could we persuade a Mod that he was off-topic? I just don't know.

.. but there is more to life than just good martial skill .. to have balance one should also learn / study art .. literature .. culture .. strive to learn and grow as a human being .. there must be balance to maintain harmony both in oneself and in ones surroundings ..

Now that's something I want to print out and hang on my wall. Thanks for the memorable contribution

Think music is probably one of the greatest creations humanity has came up with .. it transcends time .. borders .. cultures speaking to all who hear it .. have often pondered what humanities greatest creation is ..

As you say, I see it as a horizontal triumph, spreading out over the entire globe, available to everyone. Throw in some dance, and I think it becomes an even stronger and deeper gift to the world.

Expat888, thanks a lot for being here. You're appreciated and admired.

(I'll try to collect some songs, but be warned, they'll all be old. Probably nothing from this century, someone else will have to do that.)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
EyesOpenMouthShut, you've found, or been invited to, a unique place in the ATS world. I use that word precisely. If you happened to read the OP (and if you haven't, you really should), you'll have discovered that Hernando's has two rules, purposes, or topics. One is the search for truth. We're looking for truth and understanding in little pieces, then hoping to combine those little pieces into a large, capital T, Truth. That's why you saw the discussion on peace (which is ongoing, by the way). We found a little bit of truth while discussing communication between men and women, and we'll find more.

Im all for truth searching. just ask me, i'll tell you all about it.

The second principle, or whatever you choose to call it, is the more important. People here say nothing unless they realize that they are talking to another person, a human being like themselves. Hernando's has no room at all for hatred, insults, flaming, or attacks. We have no interest in belittling or trapping people in order to prove a point.

IMO there isn't enough of this thought going on around this site. Too many people like to view it as simple words on a screen.

What are we doing? Right at the moment? Well, we are working on finding a definition of "peace" that goes beyond the simple ones like "absence of war." We're talking about fishing, because I was really hurting yesterday and needed to change the subject. One of the Hernandos picked up on fishing and off we went.

The Buddhist monks describe peace as "stillness of ones self both within and without" I tend to agree.

Holy buckets, I've talked a lot. Could I have a glass of grapefruit juice and some coffee to go with that omelette?

No grapefruit juice over here but I have a nice pot of coffee if you would like

edit on 9/5/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Dear EyesOpenMouthShut,

Don't worry about the grapefruit juice, G keeps some fresh squeezed behind the bar for me. She's not normally in this early, so I'll just pour my own.

There is no rule about having more than one conversation going at a time, these things tend to work themselves out. So, you're all for truth searching? I'm sure you've learned a lot in your quests. Everybody would be glad to hear about it. Why did you decide truth was something worth searching for? That's not common. Even on ATS, people aren't looking for truth, they're looking for a reason to blame their enemy, whoever that happens to be at the time.

I think I'll take Bassago's advice and run down to the library to order some books he recommended. This is a small town, and i should be back in half an hour. In the meantime, have one on me, sit back and relax, and think about truth (whatever that is). Or, of course, you can marvel at the astonishingly wonderful Green Bay Packers.

Back in a flash.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I don't know if you were watching CNN, but they had a news flash (No, not really, I made the CNN part up), about Hernando's.

There have been 1,696 threads in the Members Forum in the last eleven years. For participation, Hernando's ranks number 15. You made Hernando's a good place and you should be proud.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Dear EyesOpenMouthShut,
There is no rule about having more than one conversation going at a time, these things tend to work themselves out. So, you're all for truth searching? I'm sure you've learned a lot in your quests. Everybody would be glad to hear about it. Why did you decide truth was something worth searching for? That's not common. Even on ATS, people aren't looking for truth, they're looking for a reason to blame their enemy, whoever that happens to be at the time.

I decided the truth was worth looking for when i discovered that we are being flat out lied to most times by the people/organization/business that was entrusted to give us just that. If they're lying, there must be something worth uncovering.
I have lot's of truth seeking stories it just depends on the subject and if i have anything to report

I forgot one thing, im not a man of many words unless something really gets me riled up.
i find the direct approach to conversations the best method
edit on 9/5/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Hi there, ketsuko. Good mornin' to you. Hope you're feeling strong, confident and ready for the day.

I've got a couple of questions (because my brain seems to be all crunched into the back of my head and it's not working very well), why is it that a female type human can say "Oooo!" and it's acceptable, and even attractive, but if a man says it, everybody starts slowly backing away?

I don't think it's just socialization, I wonder if it's a sense of "something's not right here." But maybe that sense was socialized into us. Told you my brain is all cramped up today.

Second question if I may. Don't you live in a part of the world (let alone country) known for it's steaks? How do you feel about those? I've never heard of vinegar and salt on steaks.

You know, come to think of it, I should probably go back to bed. I don't think I'm making any sense whatever.

I don't know about the "Ooooo" thing. I think the male counterpart is Ohhh though?

As it happens, I live in KC. We have a steak named after us, but I'm not the steak aficionado in the household. That honor belongs to my husband (I don't dislike steak, but ribs are my favorite). He likes 'em the bluer the better. If it's still kicking, it's about right for him. He's not into salt and vinegar though. I mainly like the salt and vinegar on potato chips or fried potatoes or sometimes on my fried/broiled fish. It helps that I'm a saltoholic. I like salt like most people like sugar.

When I do eat steak, I prefer it aged and rare with just a bit of seasoning on it. If I'm eating a good cut of beef, I want to taste that and not all the stuff people tend to want to pile on it.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

So, we mentioned jukebox?

I hope no one minds if I kick in the first quarter?

Like all good songs this one has a story to it.

It was that first horrible weekend after 9/11, and my husband and I were really, really in need of something to do to lighten the mood. Like the idiots we were, we had been counting desperately on the weekend football games to do this, and of course, they had all been postponed. So, we were at loose ends. What else were we going to do? We had to get out, so we went shopping.

At some point, we stopped by a Best Buy, and this was the song they were playing over the loud speaker. Kid you not, and we must not have been the only ones in need to a lighter mood because not only did we start dancing in the aisles ... but a lot of other people were too, or singing, even with the sort of ominous tone of the lyrics.

We bought the CCR Greatest Hits CD that day and the clerk told us that she had rung up several other ones since that CD had been playing.

Tragedy does weird things ...

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Finally someone installed the juke.
here's my coin.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I won't be onsite forthe next week, because I'm going on holiday.
In honour of which;

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

What are we doing? Right at the moment? Well, we are working on finding a definition of "peace" that goes beyond the simple ones like "absence of war."

My vote would be "balance".

Sorry for the poofing, been working my butt off.
edit on 5-9-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Erm.. license ??? no got license .. also no got game wardens .. least not ran into any .. night fishing rather good or just before sunrise .. mainly did saltwater fishing with rod and reel .. these days have a pair of trained cormorants that catch fish for me ..

Fresh marlin sashimi is great .. hmm.. may be time plan fishing trip after get back to japan .. though theres excellent market can buy direct from the boat ..

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join