It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hernando's Hideaway. Another Thread "almost certainly not for you."

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut
Planning fishing holiday .. though thinking dinner more all this talk about fish making me hungry ..

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952
Eh ??? Cots ??? Been catnap on the leather chair in corner .. knew should have explored more but upon discovering the bar and a comfortable chair in a quiet corner got comfortable and went into lazy mode ..

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
OK. Home, it's late and got my hubby in bed and he's sleep.

So, what's up?

I see some discussion and some really nice music.
I know before we left this morning, I sent Charles two U2U's about articles of interest that really bothered me and I told him I would not bring the discussion of those articles here.
I won't, I'll keep my word. But I'm Very Up Set!

I'll just say my Hello's to all of you, HELLO
Charles. Expat, ThePublicEnemyNo1, Kangaruex4Ewe, Thurisaz, DISRAELI, Serdgiam, adjensen, HarbingerOfShadows, ketsuko, Bassago, Bilk22, MarlinGrace, EyesOpenMouthShut, Brotherman,,, OK, who did I forget,,,, I can say Hello to mr. g. any time.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: guohua
OK. Home, it's late and got my hubby in bed and he's sleep.

So, what's up?

I see some discussion and some really nice music.
I know before we left this morning, I sent Charles two U2U's about articles of interest that really bothered me and I told him I would not bring the discussion of those articles here.
I won't, I'll keep my word. But I'm Very Up Set!

I'll just say my Hello's to all of you, HELLO
Charles. Expat, ThePublicEnemyNo1, Kangaruex4Ewe, Thurisaz, DISRAELI, Serdgiam, adjensen, HarbingerOfShadows, ketsuko, Bassago, Bilk22, MarlinGrace, EyesOpenMouthShut, Brotherman,,, OK, who did I forget,,,, I can say Hello to mr. g. any time.

Hello guohua...

I am at home again... I walked my ex husband off (50 kms) and he left

Took two days of walking.... but he has gone now... long story but won't go into details.
yeah

hope you are well.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz
Hello, My Good Friend,,, So,,, You have YOUR Home Back!
Good For You
Drinks All Around!

I'm Happy for you, Can You Tell

You and I Understand, Those Letters,,,, EX,,,, means just that "EX" not Current!!

Good, now pass the word to your Boy Toys,,,,
They can come on back

Just Kidding,,,,,,, UH,,,,OH,,, OK!

edit on 6-9-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Well met guohua.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Good morning everyone.

Yeck, can't believe I'm even awake. There should be a biological fail-safe against waking up this early on a Saturday.

Going to need a lot of coffee today. So what's going on today?
edit on 649am4141am92014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows
Thank You, Thank you, Thank You

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago
Coffee, What Time is it there?

You have another Late Night,,,,, Hummmm,,, You Naughty Boy?

Good For YOU!

Yes, the husband is feeling mush better to day, he kicked it what ever it was.
Bad spirit, somebody he'd ran into was sucking his spirit from him, it latched on to him and won't let go.

So, where is every one?
Expat, sleeping, the bars just closed and the Ladies are dragging a good catch home

Charles, where are YOU?
You've been AWOL
missing your wit and wisdom, your Children need a little Parenting

I invited my good friend Night Star, she'll be along I think soon, she needs our support her health is not the best.

See every one soon I hope

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Not me, I went to bed early last night which is why I posted at just before 7am this morning.

Yeah been pretty slow today not that I'm complaining.

I invited Seeker1963 yesterday. Don't know if he'll show or not, maybe. If Night Star shows she'll get a fine welcome. I always like her elf avatar.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

You're welcome.
And thank you.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
YEAH!! Hope to see Seeker1963 show up to and Night Star.

07:00 AM you say,,,,, Damn, that's Early,,,, sounds like you need a drink
, YUP! it's Drink Time, The Bar is OPEN

I'm have my usual Rum & Coke at Room temperature no ice and my Hubby will have his with one ice cube.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Ah, a drink sounds great. I'll take a double Jack Daniels with a splash of Coke please, short glass and 3 ice cubes. That's always been my favorite form of brain cell destruction.

Glad you and hubby are feeling better. With all the world plagues and illnesses being brought in country now we may get to actually play out the Walking Dead scenarios pretty soon.

Anything on anyone's mind to discuss or should we just drink?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'll just help myself to the jaeger.

Anything on anyone's mind to discuss or should we just drink?

Have you noticed that no matter how much we claim we've "progressed" we really are not much different than early man?
Biologically as well as mentally.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

We do seem to be pretty much where we were as far back as history is recorded. Oh we've increased technologically a bit but not much really. We're still stuck on this planet for all practical purposes.

As I've mentioned before humans seem to be a blip on the planet Earth in geological time frames anyway. Unless we get off this rock I doubt we have any kind of future at least as far as advancing as a species.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I completely agree.
"The Earth is just too small and fragile a basket for the human race to keep all its eggs in."
-Robert Heinlein

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

The reason I was thinking of this was that I've been looking at American political partisianship.
Looks a lot like tribalism to me.
Well, a form of neotribalism maybe.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Also, if anyone here has not watch it.
I highly recommend the TV show Babylon 5.
Very good story telling.

One of my favorite insults:

The first season intro:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hello, sorry I was gone today. Because of transportation issues, I was up at 6:30 a.m., was driven to the city about an hour away, and sat and waited for my ride to return. I was picked up about 12:30 and went to my mother's for dinner and left around 8 p.m.

I'm not used to stuff like that.

A strange thing happened though, I started off in a coffee shop and put in about an hour or an hour and a half there. I sat at a little table and looked around. There were people in the shop, at least I don't have any reason to think they weren't people. It seemed as though there were two or three planes of glass between me and anyone else. I had the strange idea (no evidence, remember) that they were a different species. Superficially looking like people, but they really weren't.

My posture was erect, almost formal, and my only movement was to turn my head to look at those in the shop, and raise or lower my right hand to drink the coffee.

A very dear friend of mine sent me a message saying that I was looking tired in these posts, and should recharge my batteries. I probably am tired, but have no idea how to recharge. I understand illness, mechanical breakdown, weather, things like that. I also understand that people, being people, will always make mistakes and be as much of a sinner as I am. But with all that, I'm still bothered when the "Beach bully" kicks down a "Sand castle" that had been months in the making. I don't know how to explain it, other than to say I put too much trust in some people.

"Peace is balance?" Maybe, but I'm not completely convinced. Consider the composer who dedicate his life to writing more and more beautiful music. He hires a secretary to take care of business and prepare his meals. Every day his spirit soars as he finds new music to give to the world on paper. Certainly unbalanced, but I'd argue that he is at peace.

What do you think about "Being and doing what you are supposed to?" Supposed to? Consider natural law which can be found in the moral guides of American Indians, Ancient Egyptians, Old Norse, and more. Might that be peace?

Guohua did tell me about two articles, I'd hate to think that we are so childish that we would let our concern for each other be overwhelmed by partisan feelings. Besides, they raise questions which can be dealt with using our minds.

In the first article, the Federal Reserve releases it's report on incomes in the United States. They cover a three year period all of 2011, 2012, and 2013. They divided the population into ten groups, the highest income 10%, lowest income 10%, and all of the 10% groups in between. They looked at the median income for each group (half are above and half are below). They found that the highest income 10% saw their median income go up.

Every other group saw their incomes go down. Of course, this means an increase in inequality, and extra income to those already enjoying high incomes, while the middle-class (Heck, everybody else) takes a hit.

The second article concerns comments made by the President of Mexico. Here are the first three paragraphs of the article:

On Monday, Mexico President Enrique Peña Nieto called on other states to "evolve" like California so the United States can be more like his home country.

Appearing with Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti and California Governor Jerry Brown in Los Angeles, Peña Nieto called for amnesty legislation and more open borders while blasting governors who have taken a tough stance on illegal immigration.

"This is the other Mexico," Peña Nieto reportedly said of the United States, which is home to an estimated 11 million Mexican immigrants, according to the Los Angeles Times. (corrections to last paragraph to bring it into line with the LA Times article.)

I am honored to be counted as a Hernando with the rest of you. It's a real high point for me.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Welcome back Charles, glad you made it back. Honestly I think your friend was right, you seem worn down a bit. I think you may need a drink from the bar. What would you like, I'm buying. (Do we have to pay here? )

Sounds like you had kind of a weird time in the coffee shop. Almost sounds like a mild hallucination or something, no offense meant as I have had some at times as well. Too much stress?

Both of those articles you speak of are infuriating (especially the Mexico article) which is why I haven't posted in that thread at all. Sometimes best to not say anything, especially when outrage grips our minds.

Take a seat and kick back with friends. We are totally low stress here.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join