It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hernando's Hideaway. Another Thread "almost certainly not for you."

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Sorry, I'm late. I got home about 9 last night, after visiting my mother, went to bed at 11, and woke up about 18 hours later.

My mom is in great spirits. It's an interesting thing. Since my dad died, my relationship with her has changed. I'm still her son, but she sees me as more of an adult, friend, companion, and confidant. The change is striking.

A couple of years ago we were talking about prayer and God. Catholics have a wide range of prayer styles, anything from the memorized and oft repeated "Hail Mary," and the Grace before meals, to some of the more personal prayers that don't use words because they get in the way.

My mother was pretty exclusively a short, memorized, prayer person. I talked to her about some other methods approved by the Church. She used them and I wrote an OP of a healing of her hip which gave her relief for many months. Last night she told me that she was still praying, and that the rheumatoid arthritis, which prevented her from bending her fingers much, had stopped bothering her after she had prayed about it for a few days.

She is 93, she still drives, puts on dinner parties, attends the opera and symphony, and is as charmingly regal as anyone I could name. She'll probably outlive me.

This hallucination business. I think something might be wrong. I'm pretty sure it's not too much coffee. I'm getting enough sleep. Maybe stress or body chemistry. Just about everybody on ATS seems to have problems, I suppose I'm like everyone else. Sometimes it just seems to have a little stronger effect or a couple of extra problems arise.

That's why the "Even from an empty heart" part of my signature is there. Empty hearts are real.

Did I ever tell you about "seven?" It's a game I've played several times, but I think it's been at least a year since I've played it. It requires a little preparation. You have to be alone in a car on a freeway. The road has to be fairly straight and traffic has to be very light. Then you drive along while you slowly count to seven (about 8-10 seconds). That's it. Oh, except when you're counting, your eyes are closed.

I did invite some to come by Hernando's and take a look. He wrote back that it wasn't his vibe. I felt a little sad but mostly glad. Hernando's [I]has[/I] a vibe and it's clear enough to discourage non-Hernandos. Good news from my point of view.

I've got one vote for publicizing Hernando's on the Wednesday night show, and one against. Any other opinions? I should have my thread picked by tomorrow around noon. With a one to one tie, I'll pick something else.

As for me, I think I'll find a pretty young girl, sit next to her, and encourage her to talk for an hour so I can drown out some things.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
OK, It's Music Time and I've been Drinking with My Wonderful hubby All Day!!
HELLO, FRIENDS,,,,, My wife and I are going to attach a song we've sent out to a few of you, we have it on Reel to Reel and I run it through my fifteen and twenty five inch speakers I have built into five gallon metal buckets and I turn up my 250 amp per-channel Technic's Receiver, Yes the Tubes have to warm up, It's Window Shaking TIME!!!!!!!

Let's Have another and show this Neighborhood Who's The Rules

First, Yes, it's Block Part Time and the wind is blowing nicely ii's only 102 degrees so it's Barque Time With My Friends and Music!

Yes, I found these on Youtube for friends here, we have them at home, we other make the Concerts.

My next door Hispanic neighbor came out to look and smiled and waved.

edit on 7-9-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Always liked Kitaro so I listened to that first. "Sandy Desert" is next.

Did you get you emoticons working? It's awfully awkward. Can't believe that thread took off like that, there must be more important things going on.

Also did you vote in Charles' poll yet?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

Always liked Kitaro so I listened to that first. "Sandy Desert" is next.

Did you get you emoticons working? It's awfully awkward. Can't believe that thread took off like that, there must be more important things going on.

Also did you vote in Charles' poll yet?

Charles has a Poll?
Where do I find this?

Your thread is just what everyone else want to ask for but was to afraid to ask.
Did you see the Nasty reply jude11, got from Springer at this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
You can read it on page two mid way down.

Yes, Thank you, Kitaro is very good and 12 Girl Band is Very Good to, they played with him in one song.

So where is this Poll?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

You're right that was kind of a tart reply by him:

I certainly hope you realize how LUCKY you are compared to folks who have to worry about where their next meal will come from.

You see actually I am one of those folks who has to worry. I still agree with Jude to a point, same with the emoticons. I wonder what the big problems are if this makes him irritable?

Anyway Charles was asking if he should advertise this tread on Wednesday night or not. I said yes, there was one other vote (Expat I think) who said no.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I Say,,,,,,, YES To,,,,,
I think he should.
This is a Chill Out Zone, Even members we don't agree with in the threads can come here and have a Drink and listen to music or talk about a problem, Like J W and how do you discourage them!!

Not only that, but to invite new members that may new a little time to take a break and get some guidance for Old Guys and Gals with some Battle Experience under their belt.

I Say YES, Charles, if your out there!!
The Husband says YES to,,,, so that's Two votes from the G & G side of the house!

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Hi Charles, is that girl tired of yakking in your ear yet?

I'm glad your mother is doing so well, I can't imagine being here that long and still getting around. Geez I can hardly do that now. Oh well *sigh*.

That "seven"game sounds kinda dangerous to me. Don't get me wrong I've never been one to avoid dangerous situations but that almost sounds like asking for trouble or worse. What is the purpose of the game?

edit on 106pm2525pm82014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Was combination the religion forum .. and the thread about the IS things from uk wanting to return to uk but being afraid to return.

@ EyesOpenMouthShut .. every once in awhile I forget and wander in there thinking maybe they evolved a bit only to find they further regressed ..

Always been a glutton for punishment .. for the moment lesson learned .. then one day will look again to see if they evolved or further slipped into insanity ..

Now theres an idea you could market and make a mint with Bassago - tequila coffee ..

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

The religion forum can be really irritating and divisive sometimes. I try to avoid it as well. Except when something really get's to me. Don't know why I bother though, people need to find their own path.

So you think there's a future in Tequila coffee? Can't even imagine how that would taste.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Hello World!! I'm back!!

Uh, you don't have to jump up and down with joy, shouting Huzzahs, but could I get a little wave? How about if I buy the house a round? Well, I'll have a lager, please. I have to get caught up on the activity.

Yeah, I've been out of it. Sometimes I get a little sad, but nothing lasts forever. Now let's see what's been going on.

!2 Girls Band is very accomplished, I'm a little surprised that they're not more well known in the States. If that fellow who dances as though he's on a horse can get a bazillion trillion Youtube views, certainly 12 girls should have made a noticeable ripple. (The ATS spell checker didn't light up "bazillion." What???)

Unless somebody objects, I'm going to find and put up some of my music. Lionel Hampton on Vibes, Benny Goodman and his clarinet, maybe some Dixieland. Maybe a little Irish and Italian. When you need something upbeat it's hard to beat those types of music. Oh, almost forgot. If you haven't heard Louis Armstrong and Danny Kaye in a duet of "When the Saints Go Marching In," you're in for a humorous and amazing event.

Religion forums are tough. I think the discussion is of the highest priority, but the way ATS does it, pretty much destroys the subject and spoils it for everybody. Scientists are exploring the Universe, but nobody in science has a generally accepted opinion of how we even got a Universe. The religious world does, but we have a wall set up between the two fields (Science and Religion) that I don't think has to be there.

Certainly we can disagree on the question of whether there is a God. We have free will and minds, I'd be surprised if we didn't have different ideas on the subject. It doesn't make me furious, or even upset, and I'm saddened by the fact that people get murderous about the subject.

Simply for simplicity's sake, assume there are two positions available. The view that there is no God, and that science will figure out all the riddles, or the Judaeo-Christian view (the largest religion on Earth) of a Biblical God. What question could be more important to a human? Our lives, our understanding of the Universe, everything that means anything is dependent on which view you take.

What many forget is that it has to be a free decision, forced conversions are wrong and useless. But, free decisions require accurate information and rational thought. Hernando's can supply that if the conversation goes that way. Oh, when somebody says they can prove 100% about God or His absence, you're talking to an ignorant man. Not meant as insulting, but he doesn't have sufficient information to have an opinion worth listening to. (Unless you're feeling kind.)

God insisted that the whole issue be decided based on belief and faith, not proof or coercion.

I think I need another beer. And if it's not too much trouble G, would you consider a Midnight Special omelette? That's about the time here. And, if you would, the best hot sauce in the place. It's like I'm waking up and my mouth has to catch up with the rest of me.

Good to see you guys.

Oh! I forgot. If guohua is voting for disclosure, and we count the U2U from someone who is lurking, it's now 3-1 for disclosure.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Dear Bassago,

That "seven"game sounds kinda dangerous to me. Don't get me wrong I've never been one to avoid dangerous situations but that almost sounds like asking for trouble or worse. What is the purpose of the game?

There are T&C that prohibit discussing it, but I can certainly tell you that I think it's "asking for trouble or worse" as well.

As I said, sometimes I get a little sad. And sometimes, it seems like there is nothing else in the world but me and my feelings. Every now and then the feelings aren't so good. There are stories to tell but they aren't uplifting. They're certainly not useful for posting in a thread open to all.

But the feelings don't last forever. As I said, I'm back.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Been a long day and I'm going to crash out. Before I do though, who's been lurking? Why be lurking and not say hi? To our mysterious friend I'll say:
    "Welcome to Hernando's! Come on in.

Oh, when somebody says they can prove 100% about God or His absence, you're talking to an ignorant man.

That's what I think as well and though I called myself an evangelical christian for many years I am now an agnostic. Which leaves a whole other discussion if someone can ever be a christian and then stop being one. Don't know.

@ Everyone, goodnight.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I've encouraged that person as well. It would be good to have that person's company.

Other discussions, other days. Sounds good to me. Good night.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Compared to some of the strange combinations seen people come up with .. coffee tequila seems pretty good ..

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

My dear Friend I sent you U2U. please read!

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Seeing as outvoted .. will graciously concede and return to quietly drinking in corner ..

And listen to some more music .. think will add a hokkien song to the mix ..

edit on 8/9/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
oh, Now Expat your just being Silly, I'll buy your next drink and we'll have the next dance together.

Your' Voice Counts and Your so very important to us,,,,,,,,, But you LOSE!!!!

I'll set with ya a while and we'll talk about the Good Old Days,,,, What ya Say,,,,,,,Buddy!

OK, This dance is for you, I like Blue and white Porcelain.

this is the Chinese 12 Girl Band doing the Japanese version I Think

edit on 8-9-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Hehe .. learned long ago to know when to compromise on things .. drink sounds good though am terrible dancer two left feet when it comes to dancing ..

Forgot was going add one more video .. one of those days feeling my age ..
least if can get vid to embed on first try .. tech challenged at times ...

edit on 8/9/14 by Expat888 because: typo.. grr.. bloody english ..

edit on 8/9/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/9/14 by Expat888 because: minor techincal difficulties ..

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I'll add another for the Bust Crowd at Hernando's Place tonight, we can listen and relax.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

That must be the very best of Chinese music which you and Expat888 are offering. Still, it's bit of a stretch for me. I think it's best if I take it frequently, but in smaller doses.

Now I'm convinced that I'll have to add some of my crude American music to the mix.

By the way, you and Expat888 dance very well and beautifully together. I'm sure that Mr. guohua isn't jealous, but I could understand it if he was. It's a pleasure watching you two.

Oh, I did get your U2U. Thank you. But there is still work to be done, and I'll do my best with what I have. I will follow your advice.

I think I will have a Pepsi, though, when you're finished dancing. Then I think I'll stumble home.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join