It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus being depicted as satan in the arts?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Been researching this specific hand gesture on and off for some time, and cannot come up with any conclusions. It is seen in a lot of artwork depicting the gods (fallen angels) of the ages. A lot of YouTubers claim that this hand gesture is called the "ardha pataka mudra" which means the abode (home) of the gods. Others claim this is the "benediction mudra" which is a sign of blessing. Whatever it truly means, it is messed up that pictures of both Christ and all the pagan gods are using this hand gesture. Truth has only one real meaning. If anyone can tell me their thoughts on this subject please make a post. I will be reading all replies in detail for I need answers to this question for a future video.

shambala25.files.wordpress.com...

www.revolutioninreligion.com...

thirdspacesblog.files.wordpress.com...

I would post a lot more examples, but after wasting an hour trying to find the proper [image] tag syntax as well as unsuccessfully trying to upload my pictures via picture library, you all only get three examples. Blame the mods.

Peace.

-SB

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
How is it messed up? Its just the usual cross culturalistic influences.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aural
How is it messed up? Its just the usual cross culturalistic influences.

Because Christ is the God of heaven, and satan and his cohorts rule the earth. Why are both the satanic pagan gods holding up the same sign as "Christ?" Is it really Christ?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Baphomet is not Satan.

First, let's clear the air and state that this was never a symbol of the Devil or Satan or of anything evil or bad. It only became associated with that after Anton Lavey saw it in a book filled with errors, liked it and decided to "make it" into a symbol for his cult. Therefore, what you read here will not be anything related to the modern "satanic" use of this symbol by various "satanic" groups. The use of this esoteric symbol by modern satanic cults is, in our opinion, as sad as the use of the Swastika by the Nazis. No one can use either symbol today without either being ridiculed or physically harmed. All of that can be blamed on the misuse of these symbols by ignorant people.

The Baphomet is also associated with the Androgyne Goat of Mendes. Only in the (ignorant) literature of the Inquisition, was the Biblical satan turned into Pan and associated with Witchcraft.

www.guardiansofdarkness.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Aural

These hand symbols were depicted in the arts long before Lavey...

Mary and Christ in black, 1899:
uploads0.wikiart.org...!Blog.jpg

www.wikiart.org...

edit on 23-8-2014 by SuspendedBelief because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Yes, but its not really Satonic, which is what your whole premise is based on.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The third image was copying the others so i dont think that is useful.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SuspendedBelief

Perhaps the christians are the ones that have it backwards.

I'm not religious,but found certain parts of the bible to be entertaining-like ezekiel,revelations,etc.,so I have read at least portions of it.

Like any other collection of stories/story there is a almost always a good entity and a bad entity.

And,like any other collection of stories/story-it doesn't matter who the bad guy is-because it is a story.

The bible (all religions/superstition) are created/written by MAN.-(If I am wrong-and there is actual physical evidence of ANY religious text,idol,etc. being formed by an actual "god"-show me)

People could worship "Green Eggs and Ham" for all it matters in reality.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I meant to add that it is the same with gestures/they could mean anything to anyone.

Maybe when I wave to a friend-it means something horrible in Portugal.

(Remember that it is all a creation of man)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Have you ever lifted your hand up and relaxed it? Do it now. Your pinky and ring finger will fold more than index and mid finger. Its easy to see how this would appear in multiple cultures whether coppied or not.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Well I wouldn't know what the real hand gestures are of either but I think in recent times there are those who like to portray Jesus in a bad way, as to confuse and turn people against him.

Remember, none of us were alive 2000 years ago to know for sure. We only have modern literature to go on. Nowadays we mostly have online or digital literature.

I don't think this is the place to find the right answers. Depending on who's side you are on.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
1st, lets prove Jesus even existed, since we all know Christianity was based on the Greek texts they heavily edited; the Greeks got it from Sun Worship from the Nubians, and there WAS NO JESUS.

So let's start there.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
In Hinduism it apparently has multiple meanings
Leaves
A board or a Slab for writing
Bank of the river
To Indicate “Both”
A knife
A banner
A Tower
An Animal Horn

LINK

I seen nothing indicating it represents anything negative or evil. It's use in Christian art is probably just a case of (as Aural pointed out in her/his post) a result of cross culturalistic influences.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArchPlayer
1st, lets prove Jesus even existed, since we all know Christianity was based on the Greek texts they heavily edited; the Greeks got it from Sun Worship from the Nubians, and there WAS NO JESUS.

So let's start there.
Really? Prove Jesus existed.

Well considering all the historical evidence that supports His existence isnt the onus on you to prove every one else wrong.

Its incredulous that people think He didnt exist, believe what you want about Him but to say he didnt exist, thats absurd.

The sign was originally derived from a symbol used in Roman art to indicate speaking, and first gained popularity as a Christian symbol shortly after Constantine's issue of the Edict of Milan in 313 AD, allowing Christians to practice their religion freely, without the threat of persecution. Indeed, Constantine himself converted to Christianity, and Christian art flourished. In early images of Christ, one can see an early manifestation of the sign of benediction in which the thumb is closed over the palm, rather than open. As Christian art evolved, symbols, including Christ's hand gestures, took on deeper significance. With the thumb opened, the three open digits came to represent the Trinity (The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit), while the two closed represented the dual nature of Christ as both man and God.
art-history.yoexpert.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

OP this is the stuff going back to Ancient rome, Roman church, European Royals.

Just like today presidents like to point in a specific way, this was popular way to show position and dignity in those days

Does Jesus approve of this ?

Honestly, if it is meant kindly yes. If it is mean as a power trip, no.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

So let's start there.

You can not prove that Jesus did not exist.

You called that card.

Since many ATS members love to pull out the "Prove it card" as if on some type of fact finding mission. LMAO!

You can barely prove your existance. So prove to the world that Jesus never existed. I am calling you out. Prove it.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

So let's start there.

You called that card.

Since many ATS members love to pull out the "Prove it card" as if on some type of fact finding mission. LMAO!

You can barely prove your existance. So prove to the world that Jesus never existed. I am calling you out. Prove it.

Prove that he did...

And please just because it's in a book don't prove anything

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer

So let's start there.

You called that card.

Prove that he did...

I am not the one saying he did not exist. Don't make a feeble attempt to twist my words for I called you out.... so do it or shut up.

edit on 23-8-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer

So let's start there.

You called that card.

Prove that he did...

I am not the one saying he did not exist. Don't make a feeble attempt to twist my words for I called you out.... so do it or shut up.

Calm down jeeze and please don't ask me to shut up I can say whatever the hell I want

And you didn't 'call me out' I seen you're post and asked you of proof he existed like you asked poster for proof he didn't

It works both ways pal

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I don't want to get involved in the 'he said, she said' business, but thefarmers correct. You can't prove Jesus existed. Because Jesus wasn't his name if he did exist. So, as suggested in the OP, maybe you are worshipping the wrong guy? Jesus is most certainly a pagan deity, created by Rome but based on or stolen from the Hebrew Yeshua. (whose translated name would be Joshua). Jesus would have been pronounced as 'hey-Zeus' and as we know, Zeus is the Greek God of Gods, comparible with Jupiter of the Latin side on this coin who just so happens to be where we get our image of God YHWH. (white beard, white robes, smite by lightening etc).

I guess where I'm goin with this is that Christians tend to believe that Christ is special while only looking at it with their self righteous Christian blinkers on. Your religion is most definitely 100% contrived. More so then the rest. If I was ever to subscribe to a spiritual control system, I would probably choose the oldest, thus closest to the source, not the newest and quite obviously contrived utter nonsense.

His fingers are that way because the people who painted it knew this. Why don't you?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join