It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus being depicted as satan in the arts?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

originally posted by: Nechash
a reply to: SuspendedBelief

Jesus is depicted as Satan in the bible. Both are referred to as serpents and both are called the morning star. There is a reason for this. The Holy Mother/Adonis doctrine preexists Christ by a few millenia and has more to do with the symoblism surrounding luciferianism than it does with the symbolism surrounding theocracy.

I would like for you to show us all where in the bible is Jesus referred to as a serpent and when was Jesus called the morning star?

Are you a seventh day adventist>?

John 3:14 NIV:
Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up"

Revelation 22:16 NIV:
I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.

Why don't you stop trying to pigeonhole people into some off-shoot of your religion that will let you feel superior to them in some way?

Jehovah's Witnesses and Seventh Day Adventists make PRECISELY the same amount of sense in their beliefs as standard Christianity, whether of the Protestant or Catholic variety.

Further, the only way that the Old Testament is "about Jesus" is based on beliefs that his coming is prophesized ... well, that and the centuries of doctoring the records to make it all work out right, LOL.
Great points indeed.

But what about this?......

Do you guys see what i have highlighted in the above quote?

The Bible said it: Jesus = Lucifer.
Lucifer is synonymous with "The (Bright) Morning Star", the Bringer of Enlightenment. Jesus was (also) a Teacher teaching the 'masses' on Earth in order to reach Enlightenment which is sometimes allegorically referred to as entering the kingdom of heaven or something similar.

What if both sides of this discussion are 'wrong'?

I mean, the answer is right there.

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aural
Baphomet is not Satan.

Very true indeed. Baphomet is atbash cipher for Sophia, the gnostic goddess of wisdom. The Inquisition were the greatest heretics in history.

<< 4  5  6   >>

join