It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want justice

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

How do we do that jill? It is because of his will that we are divided.

Mmm.
No. It is because people don't bother to learn about other cultures, or to speak other languages, or to respect the beliefs of those others.

It is because of willful ignorance that we are divided.

Jill.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
a reply to: AphoticJoe
Its good to hear I'm not alone in refusing to helplessly look to another to solve my problems. I learned that when I was young. God helps those that help themselves.

I'm still waiting for the OP to teach me something I didn't know.

Well since you know everything, why don't you teach us master?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs That you typpe tries to explain the how and not the why. Before any of the divisions there was his will to seperate us in an effort to some day redeem us.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

My main point is that there is no way to get everyone to the page you are on except by the will of GOD.

How do we do that jill? It is because of his will that we are divided.

I don't mean to pick on you directly here dick, but looking at your last couple posts to me is like looking at "Insanity" put before me in black and white where it is plain to see. I don't know how you can say this stuff with a straight face and I don't understand how so many others can read it and say to themselves, "Oh ya, there's the truth right there my friend."

I mean, just look at the two posts above that you wrote. One right after the other without the slightest hint that there is something obviously wrong and impossible about them as being some kind of wisdom or truth.

In the first one, you claim "By God's Will" alone can we all come together. Then right after that it's "By God's Will" alone are we divided.

Well, which is it??? Does God's will bring us together in peace or divide us into war???

Or is it simply all just a bunch of made up preaching without any real meaning behind it???

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
What a mean nasty little git he is!
He sits up there on his cloud watching children starve, and watching adults kill each other, and he refuses to do anything about it until enough of us start praying?

What a worthless god!

More like what mean nasty gits other people are. Why is it God's responsibility to fix what we could easily fix ourselves? If the child in Africa starves, it is a function of the base greed of other human beings. We've had all this time to try to do it ourselves.

When God comes back to set it straight, it won't be pretty, and then we'll be like the little kids who cry as their parents take them to task for not doing as they should. If you remember being a kid or have them, I'm sure you're familiar. But I'm sure you're also familiar with being allowed to try to do it yourself and being allowed that chance to try, too.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

It is by God's will that we have the choice to either choose Him or turn away. This in and of itself is division. You can see it in this thread. When He once again takes an active hand, that division will end.

So, yes, by God's will, there will be both. First the division created by our choices, and then the ending of that division by His will as he brings it to an end.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Have you ever been seperated by distance from ones that you love? There may have been reasons that you had to be apart but you wanted nothing more than to be reunited. It is out of love that we are being tested.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

The wrong God is being worshipped. What you have been trained is Christ, is not.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It is by God's will that we have the choice to either choose Him or turn away. This in and of itself is division. You can see it in this thread. When He once again takes an active hand, that division will end.

So, yes, by God's will, there will be both. First the division created by our choices, and then the ending of that division by His will as he brings it to an end.

Ok, well that first one would be our will then. By our will we divide ourselves. Then by His will we come together.

Why not just say that?? That at least would make sense logically.

But even then, if I was to go along with either version as being true, then what happens to our alleged Free Will??? In my version it's our Free Will that would divide us. Then His Will supersedes ours and Unites us. That at least makes for a sound logical statement in that it doesn't conflict with one another. But that would also remove our alleged Free Will which is supposed to be another major aspect of Religion.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized Do tell us more please.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Have you ever been seperated by distance from ones that you love? There may have been reasons that you had to be apart but you wanted nothing more than to be reunited. It is out of love that we are being tested.

So you're saying that is kind of like what some call "tough love". I get it. But then wouldn't it be better to say, "By His Will" we are divided. Then once we've learned why division is not good and know for ourselves why we should come together. "By our will" we are united???

I guess, what I'm saying is that so much of what I hear Religious people say just sounds conflicting with so many other things they say, yet they just keep on saying it, never noticing the conflicting ideas and keep saying it's the truth. Then if you point it out to them they always come back with, "Well, it's because you lack faith. If you had faith or know God personally or something along those lines, then you would understand."

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I was once told, you become what you worship. Look at the world. Stop, and take pause. Is it full of lies and deceit?

Who is the Father of lies? Who is being worshipped?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

If there were a mass gathering of people yearning for GOD and they had the same amount of emotional fire that was displayed in the recent protest then changes would be made. We each have severe power that has been hidden from us. That would change the whole game for the better.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
What a mean nasty little git he is!
He sits up there on his cloud watching children starve, and watching adults kill each other, and he refuses to do anything about it until enough of us start praying?

What a worthless god!

More like what mean nasty gits other people are. Why is it God's responsibility to fix what we could easily fix ourselves? If the child in Africa starves, it is a function of the base greed of other human beings. We've had all this time to try to do it ourselves.
I agree with that bit entirely.

However.

When God comes back to set it straight, it won't be pretty, and then we'll be like the little kids who cry as their parents take them to task for not doing as they should. If you remember being a kid or have them, I'm sure you're familiar. But I'm sure you're also familiar with being allowed to try to do it yourself and being allowed that chance to try, too.
I stand by what I said. If there's an all powerful god up there then why does he allow the "base greed of other human beings" ?

If you saw a child starving to death and had the power to ensure that child could fill its belly, would you say - Sorry kid, because of those other greedy scumbags I'm not feeding you?

edit on 21-8-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I have already been justified.

thank you Lord Jesus.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Good point. Yet... who are the ones walking in darkness according to this Psalm?

Who does fixing those issues begin with? Us.
edit on 21-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk So you are looking for an answer to why we suffer. I think that no answer will contend with your passion to end suffering. The short answer is that thru suffering we pay for our future.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

If there were a mass gathering of people yearning for GOD and they had the same amount of emotional fire that was displayed in the recent protest then changes would be made. We each have severe power that has been hidden from us. That would change the whole game for the better.

Except practically nobody actually believes in the same version of God, not even people within the same Religion or Church. Everyone's concept is different to various degrees.

Also, why do we require some Paranormal Being to fix our own mess?? We got here by our own methods, seems like it's our responsibility to clean up own own mess. Problem is either too many like the mess how it is because it works for them or too many just don't give a sh*t.

It should be as simple as the old Camping Moto of "Pack it in, Pack it out". We are just a bunch of disrespectful A-Holes who take everything for Granted and Feel entitled to everything so we take, take, take and don't bother giving anything back. (Obviously I'm generalizing here quite a bit, but you get what I'm saying hopefully.)

I don't see the need to envoke a magic creature to solve the mess we made ourselves in non magical ways.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm We require GOD to help because he is the one pulling the strings. We will never overcome what he has laid before us without him. That is the reason he has done this to seperate the wheat. Not all will make the cut and that was the reason for being put into the fire.

You make good logical points but imo you do not have all the facts. If things are as simple as we live then die then you are spot on. Invoking the help of the creator is needed because of the clairity and power that is givin to a soul that is at the end of the rope. He can change your whole perspective in an instant.

edit on 21-8-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

a reply to: mOjOm We require GOD to help because he is the one pulling the strings. We will never overcome what he has laid before us without him. That is the reason he has done this to seperate the wheat. Not all will make the cut and that was the reason for being put into the fire.

You know, that all sounds really interesting and kinda poetic and all. It certainly sounds more interesting than just saying, "it is what it is". I'll give you that. But saying that it's all some big elaborate test by God seems to me like something People came up with to find meaning in our lives because that's what we do. We create meaning for everything even when there isn't any.

I mean, why would God need to test us. As if he wouldn't know the answer yet or even just control the answer as soon as he thought up the question. What is such a theory even based upon??? Why would such a God Entity even want to do such a thing in the first place??? Why even attribute such qualities to such a God??? Why would an infinite Eternal All Powerful Entity Want, or Care or Judge anything anyway??? Infinity would seem to remove such Humanistic qualities would it not??

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join