Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

You want justice

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
After watching the events in ferguson play out i got a strong message for those that seek GOD. If we as a nation put the same amount of energy into seeking him then he would come. Sure we go to church and we pray and praise him daily but the amount of yearning that we had for justice for the situation there is just what it will take to get the ball rolling.

Many have put forth this type of energy on a personal basis but never in our day have we all come together for his sake. It's time. As for the thought that gave me desire to make this thread it was very real. I felt like someone was asking me why all the people were gathered and when i answered i felt saddness because we just added more weight on our saviors shoulders because the only true justice for the spiritual happenings here come through him but we have thrown our savior under the bus due to unwillingness to desire him. no jesus no peace

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Who's God would you like to seek?

In which way should we seek that God?

If we put more focus on education without the need for going bankrupt then we could see actual measurable reasults.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish Many of us have been fooled into thinking that he is not real and that we can exist without his will. You can edumacate yourself and others and it will not change our needs that many are unaware of. This is not a choice amoung gods or systems. We live in his creation and are reaching the point of not having time left for anything.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Many of us hold our beliefs as sacred and close to our heart. Without the need to bellow about or belittle those that haven't bowed down to masses that want to be identified by a mere belief.

a reply to: deadeyedick

edit on 21-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish You can hold your belief however you want. The fact is that if we want justice and peace we need him. He needs all of us to put the same type of energy into him in order to clean this mess up. All other roads are dead ends no matter how much sense they seem to make. The choice we are making is the choice to not exist if we do not wield the power i speak of.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Would you like to teach me something new? Because otherwise this is a rant. You posted this in the wrong place.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Oh man, the thing I fear most is God's justice. If He meted out justice I fear non of us would be alive.
What I long for is His mercy.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

Oh man, the thing I fear most is God's justice. If He meted out justice I fear non of us would be alive.

Read your Scripture. While He says he is a vengeful God, the good book also says He will forgive you if you but ask for it.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

I both long for His justice and fear it. He will strip me bear and lay all before me. I think that's what you're worried about, too. At the same time, I'm tired of it. I'm tired of all the people who tell me they know better, and I'm ready for it all to be laid to rest for the one who knows to come and make it plain, even if it means I have to suffer through seeing and dealing with my own flaws in the process.

So, yes, it's time Lord. Come set this world to rights.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

With respect to the OP, this closely echoes my sentiments as well. I would forward that in order to be in any kind of position at all to begin seeking solutions to mankind's direst problems, we humans need first focus our concerns on the mundane--on the corporeal world surrounding us where consequences for greed, violence, hatred and apathy are very real--as opposed to deifying and then calling for mass entreaty that some abstract construct come save us all.

In my opinion, the only effigy our race ought to be worshiping one of its own image. The world--for now at least--belongs to mankind and we are far beyond past due the need for our race to own up to responsibility for its own national and global issues. We desperately need faith, yes that is true, but not faith in any god. We need to have faith in ourselves and in our fellow men. We need action, not prayer (although if that's your thing, more power to you). We need action that unites, action that defuses hatred and when necessary, action that liberates us from oppression at the hands of other members of our race.

Again, I respect those who have faith in a god and I believe their right to freedom of religion should and need be guaranteed so long as whatever their belief, it is never forced onto any other mind. However, in my opinion, religion is a diversion from reality and a very dangerous one at that. More so when an individual or group justifies the necessity that others believe as they do. Any person can claim to know or name "the" universal truth. But you cannot force another mind to believe as you do, or accept the truth of whatever higher power you celebrate as all powerful.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AphoticJoe
Its good to hear I'm not alone in refusing to helplessly look to another to solve my problems. I learned that when I was young. God helps those that help themselves.

I'm still waiting for the OP to teach me something I didn't know.

edit on 21-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
What a mean nasty little git he is!
He sits up there on his cloud watching children starve, and watching adults kill each other, and he refuses to do anything about it until enough of us start praying?

What a worthless god!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk
I'm curious which God the OP was referring to.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AphoticJoe God has put us all in a position to accept him or suffer on till we are no more. As humans we could raise our physical and mental capibalities to their greatest levels ever and we would still fall short without him. This is how we are fooling ourselves into thinking that there is any way out of this mess except with his will. I am all for your post and it makes sense but it is not the answer that will take us into eternity. Every non believer is dead weight to the face of the earth that was provided for us to have a place to seperate the wheat and chaffs. There is no bandaid big enough to fix what we have on our souls at this time.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk I did not say to pray or that he wants you to pray. I said that if we want to avoid the mess we live in we will need his help. It is a process of emotional energy that we need to transfer all at the same time. It is a process that is simular to the protest over justice that we seen in ferguson.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
a reply to: AphoticJoe

Its good to hear I'm not alone in refusing to helplessly look to another to solve my problems. I learned that when I was young. God helps those that help themselves.

I'm still waiting for the OP to teach me something I didn't know.

You want me to teach you things? I am a lover so...

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Seems we seek similar end conditions but differ with respect for how to arrive there. The eloquence of your original post drew me to the topic, and I must applaud the depth of your faith and the strength of your resolve. At the very least perhaps we can share hope that better days lie ahead for us all.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

The fact is that if we want justice and peace we need

to decide to do it!

him.

Oh wait - sorry, missed the last word of the sentence.

Ahem.

No. All we need is to decide as a society, a GLOBAL society, that we want justice and peace.

But - I appreciate your gesture.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AphoticJoe Only a fool could deny the power that respect and civility has.

My main point is that there is no way to get everyone to the page you are on except by the will of GOD. Just to be clear in what i'm saying that you make your points in a manner that count.
edit on 21-8-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

How do we do that jill? It is because of his will that we are divided.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join