It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refusing to Watch Foley Video Avoids Exactly What?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Give the Foley video another 50 years.
America will be desensitized to it like the Zapruder film.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

just so you understand i would feel the same if it was a christian beheading a muslim, anybody doing such a thing in the name of god which i put up there with the tooth fairy needs a good hiding

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I thought I'd post the following...

New age for ancient evils

NEVER before has it been so easy to publicise a beheading. A click on a smartphone, a short tweet, and the image of a severed head can go viral around the world.

Yesterday, Twitter showed the decapitation of a kidnapped American journalist, James Foley.

Last week, a seven-year-old Australian boy was photographed in the Syrian city of Raqqa awkwardly holding up a severed head with both hands. “That’s my boy!” Dad tweeted proudly.

A few days later....

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I remember as a teenager a group of friends and I would regularly rent at our local video store the Faces of Death movies/documentaries (not sure their designation). These movies depicted horrible acts of violence and death and are/were banned in many countries.

A couple of scenes still stick out vividly in my mind around 20 years later. Why did we watch? Stupid kids? I don't know really, other than to say we were "metalheads" looking for musical/lyrical inspiration/content. Horror films were all well and good but, they weren't real and we knew it. We wanted real.

I've watched the Nick Berg video, haven't watched the Foley video and have no interest in doing so.

These are blatant acts of murder presented to us direct. Oddly enough, I don't find these videos nearly as disturbing as the commercials you see on television showing starving children with flies on them, the abused animals, etc.

In humanity there is inhumanity. Look if you want. Can't say that it has enriched my life any but, some may a need a "shock" to their system.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Out of respect for the family in what must be an horrendous ordeal I don't think they should be available online for the world to gawp at , what if it were a close member of your own family that had been murdered in this way , would any of us want any Tom , Dick or Harry having it on their phone showing it to their mates .... I don't think so.

I don't need to see the video.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MontyMoleClone

Fair enough, and I took it as an unfortunately general phrasing of the normal visceral reaction to the actual perpetrators. But even if it were a Christian, I bet you my shiniest penny that said Christian would reside in a trailer park if not a 3rd world country.

I honestly think we're past the point of functional human beings doing terrible things because God told them so, at least on average (the gene pool does have a very diverse shallow end I'll admit). I think most people who claim to do such things for God do them in fact because without some form of dramatic action in the name of some larger cause their lives are completely meaningless to them, owing to their exclusion from whatever they perceive to be the main thrust of humanity (economic, technological, political, yearbook coverage, what ever). Stick me in a land that civilization forgot with no job and no future and who knows, maybe I'd claim to be fighting for Hare Krishna- but the fact is it would just be me doing whatever sounded more interesting than swatting at flies and watching myself get thinner.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: Expat888

It seems you and I share a firm understanding on the topic.

But what of those who are ignorant?

How will they come to understand the depths human nature can reach without actually seeing the horrors?

i wouldn't call it ignorance...we in the western world the majority of us are lucky enough not be exposed to it (albeit in movies and so forth)..

it is all too real ....and i like my bubble and would like my children to grow up in the same bubble...i am far too drunk and sleepy to go any further on the subject tonight i will leave you with this

What? Even if its the booz talking, what on earth are you doing on a forum like this? You think you are helping your children by putting them in this bubble of yours?

Again, not saying you need to drop gore on them, but you shouldn't make them turn a blind eye.

And "(albeit in movies and so forth)." see that's the problem right there.

yeah your right ...i should take the boy out to the local beheading ...make him watch and tell him this is the real world and to suck it up....good one...

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I don't need to watch the video to know that there was a nut job behind the mask.The mere fact that I heard they cut his head off got my blood boiling. AND I MEAN BOILING!! All in the name of a religion. Sick.............just sick. P.S. as far as it being on the internet, never click on something you may regret latter.

edit on 21-8-2014 by Tarzan the apeman. because: because

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I agree with you. But I do think I may hold an exception to that rule if the British man who did this was caught and quartered with his head put on a spike. England could go back to the 'old way of doing things' for a day.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well, the truth is.....Americans have done fare worse than that beheading video.

Yeah good luck finding things wrong with just ISIS and not Americans.
I am from America(born and raised) and yes I think you people from America have problems way more than the rest of the world.

Speeding, lying, corruption, greedy, wrath, violent, unjust, lack of logic, murder, selfishness.
Yes, I understand this is all over the world but I have been all over the world and Americans have the biggest problems.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I find the public's blood lust and goldfish like 5 second memory amazing.

Just a little while ago people were up in arms about Benghazi, gun running to Al Qaeda terrorists who turned out to be ISIS. Obama, McCain and others were rushing to send arms and funds. McCain the traitor even had a photo op with these guys. ISIS is reported to have been trained in Jordan by western intelligence agencies and the head of ISIS is an intelligence assist.

A little time goes by, ISIS crosses the border attacks Christians and Shiites and beheads an American and now people are supposed to be driven by the blood sport spectacle and demand an invasion to deal with a problem created by our own intelligence agencies. Its all been a plan to destabilize Iraq because the Shiites in control would not let us stay in Iraq under our terms.

I won't watch the video. I call BS when BS happens. If you want to stop ISIS, demand that our government stop funding and arming them, and demand that McCain be arrested. Start calling for McCain's arrest and see what happens, his stupid photo op with ISIS is the weak link in their story line.

The one thing I am grateful for is the utter brutality of ISIS. It shows them for what they truly are. Anyone who belongs to ISIS or supports ISIS is a Satanist. These people are ruled by the Jinn. The Jinn are Satan and the fallen angels. When these "terrorists" cry out Allaah Akbar when they kill someone, they are feeding the Jinn.

But don't just believe me, here is a quote, do some reading and make your own choices.

"The jinn eat and drink. Ibn Mas’ood said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Someone from among the jinn called me, and I went with him and recited Qur’aan for them.’ He took us and showed us the traces of where they had been and the traces of their fires. They asked him for food and he said, ‘You can have every bone on which the name of Allaah has been mentioned that comes into your possession, as meat, and all the droppings as food for your animals.’ " (source islamqa.info... )

We should all know that ISIS kills everyone. They kill babies, children, women and men. If we are ever attacked by ISIS, you should never ever lay down your arms to them, even if they are keeping your own family as hostages because the hostages are dead either way. Better to fight then to become food for satan. Viewing footage of their evil deeds does nothing but bring about blood lust and delight to Satan. Don't bow to their deceit.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I wonder what are the impacts psychologically of watching disturbing images? The news portray many images of violence, death, unhappiness, stressful situations and it is bad for you. If the news can contribute to you being an unhappy person then I don't know what this will do.

Remember when we were children and as you watched something disturbing for the first time it made us uncomfortable or even look away? Does a balanced human being need this to live?

If I told you: "Smell this, it is retched!" Would you smell it? Why would you do it, if it is an uncomfortable experience?

I didn't watch this video and I don't want to. I feel like going to watch it will perpetuate hate and that is the goal of the video. Rather then focusing on the hate, let us focus on the victims.

My sympathies to his family and may his soul rest in peace.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I watched 1 beheading video years ago...

I will not willingly watch such a thing again, it disturbed me a great deal.

Anyone... and I mean anyone their religion is irrelevant to me, if you saw someone's head off with a fricking knife.. you need a bullet quickly.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Refusing to Watch Foley Video Avoids Exactly What?

Bloating?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
When I was thirteen of fourteen I watched some "Faces of Death" videos with my friends . Now, thirteen years later I still have a wee mental scar. It was very disturbing. I don't like watching people die, So for me, not watching the video avoids another mental scar. So no thanks.

I'm not sheltering myself, nor am I viewing the world through rose colored glasses. I know of the evil that exists in our world. If I am ever to be subject to the real thing I don't think it'll go any easier for me If I'm already familiar with videos of death.

I don't see what positive can come from viewing the beheading of James Foley. RIP.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'm another one that won't watch the Foley video. I've watched others like the Berg video, and I've seen plenty of others where people get killed. I am fully desensitized to it. I still won't watch it however because those that created the video did so in order to send us a message. Watching the video is acknowledging that message, my thought is that we need to show that if they want to communicate with us they need to be civil about it.

On one hand I feel obligated to watch the video out of respect for Foley. It's a chance to see a (presumably) good man in his final moments. Perhaps I will one day. On the other hand though, I don't want to legitimize ISIS by letting them send a message to me.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

You bring up an interesting point- respectfully watching his final moments.

May I suggest that instead of respecting what was presumably something for which he felt only distaste (to put it mildly) that you respect what he placed himself in harm's way for by reading his words.

It is life, not murder, of which we should stand in awe.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I've seen it and it's certainly not for the faint of heart. It's not the first beheading video of seen either (the Mexican chainsaw beheading comes to mind).
My reason for watching horrible things like this on occasion is to desensitize myself to them. Any footage depicting graphic violence even just a couple of years ago would have left me feeling sick.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Yes! Feed the Archons!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I agree, I think the video should be posted online somewhere (as I'm sure it already has), but not on A.T.S. - as the source article says, journalists who have to watch these videos for a living get disturbed by them and don't want to see another.

I thought about looking for it. I'm sure I don't want to watch it. But there are benefits, it brings the situation home. I wouldn't want to watch a marathon of beheading videos at all, probably not more than one, for the experience of it... but I've experienced real trauma and there isn't any fun in watching these things for me.

Meanwhile, people shouldn't be filming a journalist beheading in the first place. Ever. These ISIS people are crazy.
edit on 22amFri, 22 Aug 2014 01:04:13 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join