It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refusing to Watch Foley Video Avoids Exactly What?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I can't hold back mentioning that I think this Foley guy died as a coward. Did he really think reading that script was going to save his life?
He could have still gotten on his feet and delivered a final head butt blow and spat on the piece of human garbage who didn't even have the cajones to show his face. No guts, no glory.

I think the adrenaline and dopamines mixed with endorphins induced by fear initiates a kind of shock that sends the body and mind into detachment still like mode or acceptance. With these running within, it may be hard to react as you share. The body gives up it seems skunkape23

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Ill copy and paste what i just wrote in another thread.

Before i saw my first beheading, my mind couldn't stop speculating how it looked, who did it, their reaction, my reaction , all kind of stuff related to what a beheading was.

I then searched and watched 3 or 4 different beheadings to get the picture of what it was instead of imagining what it was, after the view's i was clear in my mind and had no need to see any further.

It doesn't haunt me in any way and it was not for entertainment, but for learning experience.

I do this with everything i don't know about or else i will speculate to sleeplessness about what i don't know about.

Everything that going on on this planet and the universe is a study for me as i am a thinker and can't stop thinking before i know and have seen or read as much as i can.

I hate censoring so i am a little split about this, but as it is possible to watch elsewhere i see no problem.

I am a daily user of Live Leak and have not seen the mentioned video simply because i don't have to anymore, it's learned and other stuff has to be learned.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
They wont you to see it! so dont...

it is bad to have that in your mind.
we are to usest to killing and evil.
we dont care any more.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I have a cruel proposal.
Let's say we track down these guys doing the beheading videos and capture them alive.
We then surgically remove all their limbs.
After they are healed we throw them in a cage filled with pig feces, which is where they die of starvation unless they are willing to eat McRib sandwiches.
We film this and send it back.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I watched the video of Nicholas Berg being decapitated in 2005 and six months later Satan hacked my computer. Offered me a Treaty and Leader Exchange...I could only read the title of the document as an embedded layer of binaural beats was screwing my eyes up.

if you watch that video on your computer, well lets just say you've been warned on what will be following quickly behind.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

The responses awaiting them on the other side are un-imaginable. There is a balance as these beings have attracted that to them of which they deny.
Through selfish acts to their own species and for degrading a GOD who many of Islam in good nature worship. They cannot even begin to understand whats waiting. 1 understands your compassion for many skunkape23.
Eternity is eternity they walk in complete darkness of what follows their every deeds and records for later feeding... You don't want to waste damage your energy dropping to their tortures levels to balance them here, there are balancers for that here to send them and capture them upon arrival. @ which time the most fear is emitted by them as they realize their deeds followed them and they were never alone (but were told religiously) of non HEAVEN like locations within existence.

It is their chosen WILL

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

excepting the surgical removal of limbs they'd probably enjoy that.

I've had similar urges...that usually involve sex changes and partial hormone therapy.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I think it should be seen if there is a message attached with the correct information about who the people are that commit the acts and why. If it's for the purposes of journalism rather than propaganda.

I don't think it should be viewed just as a beheading with no context or compassion etc.

I just saw the uncensored video myself. I only really looked because the world told me not to.

All it did was reaffirm what we already knew about ISIS, so in a way I can also see that side of it.

I hope this isn't about some kind of future information suppression.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I think my first proposal would be too time consuming and expensive. Just shoot the bastards dead and bury them with a slab of bacon and a bloody tampon. Film it and post it on the internet.
These guys don't fear death. They welcome what they believe to be a glorious death that will buy them a ticket to Heaven.
They really want to get to those virgins...funny it doesn't specify what sex these virgins are, or even what species...I hope it's a lot of fat hairy boars waiting for them on the other side.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I've ruined many a night in dark places on the internet through the years,
things that have ruined my week and took months to get out of my head.

The internet is a bad place that way, I'm not easily phase either so if something gets
to me I could only imagine what it does to people with less immunity to it.

I watched the latest one, as mentioned elsewhere it's edited unlike some
which is strange.

The outrage over one photographer/reporter when these guys have done the same to babies
is shocking, almost as if people are saying the lives over there are less than US.
We knew that anyway.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

The outrage over one photographer/reporter when these guys have done the same to babies
is shocking, almost as if people are saying the lives over there are less than US.
We knew that anyway.

No life is worth more than another.
Some are worthless.
I abhor violence. I could skin these IS guys like the sons of a motherless dog and not even ruin my appetite or lose a minute of sleep.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

I thought the saying was "out of sight, out of mind" ????

Jaden

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Why does someone video tape a beheading? To draw attention from spectacle driven media in order to accomplish their own ends?

What are those ends? To bring America into another war? To drive America out of the Middle East? To frighten people? Doesn't particularly matter- if the video is a viral hit they feel they are getting where they want to go.

Deny those who confuse violence with speech their objective, and spare the victims family from the gruesome constant reminder of the horror their loved one endured.

Realize also that it doesn't matter if the video is real or not, because if the conspiracy theory community can prove any of its theories it is this one: that half the population will believe whatever they are told regardless of facts. The objective and the potential impact on those who are bound to believe remains the same and can be denied simply by media consumers (all of us) counting knowledge as sufficient and spectacle as unnecessary, and proceeding with substantive discussion of the larger issues surrounding this event, which are the disease which must be cured to alleviate symptoms such as this video.

I'm an amateur standup comic and an enthusiastic outrage monger myself, and believe me I understand any number of arguments for zero censorship and unlimited disclosure, but frankly I think I and others cut from the same cloth often outsmart ourselves with a solid academic argument that says we are right when the vagaries of real life that our arguments miss cause us to be obviously wrong to any reasonable person who simply looks at the situation as it naturally presents itself without trying to construct an academic "big picture" to argue his way through. The situation as it naturally presents itself is that there's something horrible you can't fix in front of you and there are people trying to use it to argue for their own nefarious ends. And the answer that most people will come to very easily in a situation like that is to look away and proceed with life on your own terms, rather than on the terms of violence mongers.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Most of the western world lives in fantasy bubbles. They hide their heads in the sand and pretend everything is ok. They do not want this fantasy broken. They watch horror movies and war movies. They call for bombs to be dropped and entire segments of humanity to be killed. But that is far away. That is fantasy. It is ultimately fake to them. So the fantasy can live on. Or they want to cling to the fact that some outside force or power will come in and save humanity at the last second. This allows them to be somewhat aware but still have all the bad stuff happening around them be far away. To not be real on an everyday level. So they can watch TV or read a book. Come post on ATS. Not have to deal with horror and pain. Its safer to argue and debate than to actually get off their behind and go do something to better the world. Its all traps. Right-Left. Religion-New age. American-Russian. Evil aliens-Space brothers. Angels-Demons.

They all allow us to sit at home behind a computer or TV screen and do nothing. They allow us to get angry with no real outlet for that anger. So the anger builds and builds. The allure of the fantasy gets stronger and stronger. People hold tight with everything they have. They lash out at anyone who disrupts the fantasy. The fantasy becomes a very real addiction. The fantasy absorbs what they believe. The fantasy eats it up. The fantasy changes with the individual. The fantasy allows you to go on and live your life. It allows you, no matter how aware you are. To live your life unaware of those around you. You become an island of one. An island that interacts with those around you but is always alone. The fantasy is a disease.

I personally did not watch the video. I have seen people die right in front of me. I know how savage man can be. I have also seen a child born. I have seen art being made. I have seen moonlight cascade across the naked body of a beautiful woman. So I also know how wonderful humanity can be. Not saying you should see this video. But the choice should be up to you. Sometimes the only way to stop living in a fantasy. Is to see real horror and pain and death. Sometimes its the opposite. Some people see too much, horror, pain and death. Begin to revel in destruction. And need to see the little wonderful things that make the world great.

If everyone complaining about this in either direction. Went out and tried to make their neighborhood or town just a little better. Tried to build deep bonds with the other islands around them. The world would be a much better place. The old rich men scared of death. Who run the world. Would find it much harder to play their little power games. Would find it much harder to play us all against each other.

But NO! We all cling to our perceived side. Our preferred fantasy. We cry and moan and complain and argue. What I believe is right. Everyone should believe like me. If not screw you. You deserve your fate. I am right. I am special. I am always right. Please believe me. Please listen to me. Lets all go after those who do not think like us. Force them to watch and listen to only what we like. Force them to conform to my standards. Then you cry and moan again when people try to force YOU to their standards.

This is not all of you. Some can see the traps. Some can even avoid the traps.

edit on 21-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Well put. On either side there is a media fantasy bubble used to maintain a stable distribution of opinions at roughly 50/50, which allows the powers that be to make any decision unilaterally and appear to be prompted by the will of a thin majority (when of course the only will of the majority is to be safe and comfortable and entertained- nobody who hadn't absorbed media would be likely to have an opinion on most things that videos like this try to push us one way or the other on- like invading places we know nothing about or withdrawing from places where we are heavily involved).

If all media falls short of reality and is a trap, I submit this video certainly falls into that category (i am one to defend fence sitting generally, but I think your argument does imply a modified version of the don't watch the video argument). The modification your argument makes is that some people need to see the equivalent of the video in real life. Of course they will not go to the middle east to accomplish that, nor would they need to. If they took it upon themselves to know their immediate real world surrounding they would find comparable horrors that demand their attention and suggest real courses of action not dictated by the media.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I've been a big fan of horror movies and video games since I was little. And since Im a big fan of horror, I thought watching the real thing wouldnt seem too bad. (I was really young at the time to).

So one night years ago, I decided to watch a real beheading video for the first time. Long story short - I haven't watched real videos like that since then. One time was enough. I have no interest in watching the real thing anymore.

ETA - Forgot to mention that I still am a big fan of horror movies and video games (mostly video games though these days). I just have no interest in watching the real thing anymore.
edit on 21-8-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
i refuse to watch it because i might go out and smash the first person i suspect to be muslim allover the pavement,
which is not the right thing to do aye

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MontyMoleClone

Yeah that's a pretty horrible and unjustified impulse, and if it occurs to you before the fact, definitely don't watch the video. One thing I've noticed about extremist violence- it doesn't happen everywhere there are Muslims- it happens everywhere there are desperate people. (don't smash the poor either).

As the good doctor said (no not the good reverend doctor who normally gets quoted on matters of tolerance) " A toad who believes he got a raw deal before he even knew who was dealing will usually be sympathetic to the mean, vindictive ignorance that colors the Hell's Angels' view of humanity. There is not much mental distance between a feeling of having been screwed and the ethic of total retaliation "

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69
Thoughts?

Well since this is the first I heard of it, or the guy. Really I dont know what to say, but no I did not watch it, not because of any psychological damage it would do, but because I dont care to watch it. I seen enough of such videos that I seen them all, the saddest one I seen was from years ago during the other wars, i think about 10 years ago it was, and it was of a Japanese civilian who for some reason bought a plain ticket to what I believe was Iraq for some reason and ended up getting beheaded.

I think the guy was just a tourist who may have not been thinking clearly, from what I remember he just wanted to see what was going on there bought a ticket and went. It was sad because he really was just clueless into what he was getting himself into.

Personally I think they should have all stayed out of the middle east ever since the crusades, its just bad mojo and a waste of time and resources. And what with the new face on terror Isis or whatever they call themself, I do believe considering that such groups have come and gone in one form or another for as long as we have been there with very little difference that contrary to what they say or people believe but they do thrive on the continuous wars and holly crusades on both parts in that region. After all if they had no boogie man ie the west, who exactly would be joining there side?

Even there own people and sponsors look at them as useful tools, but ones that a frothing at the mouth and need to be put down once consolations of powers and things wind down, and guess who's going to do it? Not them that for sure because it would be to costly.
In all it may just be to late to pull out, and it sure as hell will be a waste of time and energy to stay in the middle east. Its a lose/lose situation that could at one point been avoided, but not anymore. And so expect the same old.
edit on 4pmThursdaypm212014f4pmThu, 21 Aug 2014 16:49:15 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Watching Nick Berg's beheading was enough for me. Once you see something like that you never forget it. The sounds of that sick and twisted barbaric act was as disturbing as the sight of it. ~$heopleNation

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join