It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refusing to Watch Foley Video Avoids Exactly What?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

AMEN, it pushes the meds a bit. I already am pissed. They had me at Klinghoffer.This new stiff is more of the same.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EvanB

Or maybe figure out WHO does it FOR them?
It's a reach man,many don't get it.The CELLPHONE owns them now.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I vividly remember the video of Berg. Vividly!

Its disturbing and though the urge to watch "those types of videos" remains, its not enough to compel me to seek them out.

Thus, I havent sought the Foley vid, nor the cop shooting whomever vid. They stick with me and its not something I want to seek any longer.

My 2 cents.
edit on 2919x6729America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I've probably seen every beheading on the internet. Some might say that is sick. Maybe so.. but the world is a sick place and I don't need to be spoon fed what my masters deem "appropriate."

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Yah.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I have seen too much gore in my real life, my young life, in accidents, that I do not need to watch such videos.
I think that this kind of videos just makes it easier to forget the human aspect and makes people watching this videos easier to commit cruel violence by themselves.
I know that this might not apply to 90% or more of the normal people, but some people might find it easier to kill other after watching such videos.
There are even people that love watching this videos and are fans of snuff and violence and I seriously think that this people are sick and should be watched.
edit on 22-8-2014 by aLLeKs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I see no point in watching it. If I watched it, I, like 99% of Americans would express my outrage and DEMAND something be done, but do so while in the comfort of my own home. I am not willing to go over there, I am not willing to fight for something that has nothing to do with me or my way of life. So anyone who gets pissed off at this video, suit up, or stfu

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I saw the video of journalist Daniel Pearl being beheaded back in 2002. For some reason, there was very little censorship back in those days. Perhaps the Obama Administration doesn't want us to get too mad about this Foley beheading, so they directed the YouTube-like sites to take it down ASAP? The Bush Admin wanted Americans to be very angry over Mr. Pearl's beheading and terrorism in general.

Anyway, I haven't seen the Tim Foley beheading video. Did a quick search the day after it made the news, but the vid had already been removed from the popular sites. It's probably not much different from the Daniel Pearl video is it? After all, you die very quickly when decapitated.
-cwm

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I don't have it in me to watch. Years and years ago, I too watched bits and pieces of "Faces of Death" - had to keep turning my head. I think I watched part of Daniel Pearlman's - had to turn my head. Even the still frames of the jumpers on 9-11 messed with my mind.

I don't have a problem with others who want to watch it though.

I remember the day the news networks all displayed the autopsied bodies of Sadam Hussein's sons and I just new deep down we now live in a different world.

My views on ISIS changed before Foley's death. When they killed the 1700 Iraqi cadets I was already thinking we need to hit them hard, like now.

Me not watching it avoids my mind getting to messed up. I've got enough on plate.
edit on 23-8-2014 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Why not watch the beheading? I haven't seen it (and will not watch anymore gore videos), and do not care to watch any gore. Seen enough from liveleak. But, why not?

OFFTOPIC EDIT: If you liked that video, you'll like this one:

edit on 22-8-2014 by thirdcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Execution is boring. By knife or f15.. I like to see bit of fighting before getting killed.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I'd like to know why so many think that if we see these videos, we will somehow be "enlightened" to the horror of it and somehow magically motivated to do something about it... When has mankind EVER took a stand against brutality that wasn't governed by some kind of political agenda? If anything, man loves his brutality. He loves holding the knife against an others throat. He loves that feeling of absolute power. The difference between the East and the West isn't the barbarism, it's the tools used to satisfy that barbarism. The knives in the West look like smart phones, face book, twitter, democracy, equal rights, etc... All these things that supersede a beheading and inculcate minds and hearts into willing submission.

We are all peasants, bystanders on a world stage that we can't influence even if we wanted to, because we've already bought into the lie; a lie that we whole heatedly defend. All the while we pander left/right towards issues that have no real bearing on the cancer spreading in our minds.

To take this just a step further, spreading these videos around only serves to further desensitize us, to bring us back to that cave man mentality. Much easier for the TPTB to manipulate us, pitting us not only against a perceived enemy, but our very own selves. You might be thinking I'm giving them a little too much credit....the problem is, I know who their master is.

All of the current debates/events going on are just illusions to sequester Truth/reality. People like to think that current world events are reality, but I'll submit to you that:

All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages. At first, the infant,
Mewling and puking in the nurse’s arms.
Then the whining schoolboy, with his satchel
And shining morning face, creeping like snail
Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
Made to his mistress’ eyebrow. Then a soldier,
Full of strange oaths and bearded like the pard,
Jealous in honor, sudden and quick in quarrel,
Seeking the bubble reputation
Even in the cannon’s mouth. And then the justice,
In fair round belly with good capon lined,
With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
Full of wise saws and modern instances;
And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
Into the lean and slippered pantaloon,
With spectacles on nose and pouch on side;
His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
For his shrunk shank, and his big manly voice,
Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.

The worst part of all, we've seen this same act over, and over, and over...we learn nothing and will not learn, because we refuse to learn. Nothing new under the sun, just more actors/actresses entering and exiting on cue.
edit on 23-8-2014 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I am not going to watch the video as I don't want to throw up on my keyboard, its as simple as that.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I watched the Ken Bigley beheading video almost a decade ago - out of curiosity rather than some bizarre fetish - and I don't think I'll ever forget those gruesome images. As another poster said, these aren't beheadings that sees the victim's head come clean off. They are hacked off. I have no wish to see anything like that ever again.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I watch beheadings. Mostly to steel my mind, to accept reality, and for conspiracy theory sake, to see if the guy that was reported to have died actually died, also to see who did it, and to get an idea how and why they did it. Beheadings are like surgery, except the subject is not sedated and never recovers. That is the consequence most people get on the planet, death from someone else's hand, if they don't act to prevent that in a strong society with respect for one another.

Personally I think the act of a beheading is not disgusting, it is a fact of the war culture over there. But because of the religious nature and the publicity nature of the beheadings, that is where it crosses the line beyond justice into celebrity warfare, on a stage with an act even, that is the disgusting part. It lacks humility, and they do it for the god of the camera. Not a way to get famous I think.

The other disgusting part is it was over greed about money, not duty. There is a saying over here, the love of money is the root of all evil. So that beheading, I think was evil.
edit on 23-8-2014 by AtomicOrbital1 because: greed

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

I am on the fence about this one. While the gore bothers me to an extreme, death is every part of being human as life. Death as vicious as beheading though... Maybe people should see it so they could understand the gravity of the situation but some just can't watch such a thing. An edited version on the other hand, should be seen by adults.

It was already edited - by Gomer's Boys themselves. They edited out the actual beheading before they released it. Knife to throat, fade to black, fade back in on a done deal. Looks like Foley must've realized they meant to actually kill him, fought back and kicked the killer's ass to such a degree that he had to call in reinforcements to get the job done, and so had to edit that part out to preserve their narrative of being Super Men - getting your ass kicked by a handcuffed victim and calling for help doesn't promote the notion they want to convey. Significantly, the killer was nowhere in the frame after the deed was done. Probably off screen getting patched up.

I watched it, not for the gore-fest, but to gather information. had to dig through 8 pages of Google to find it - they're that hard core about getting it off the net. When The Man wants something gone THAT bad, I have to wonder why. It seems, on the face of it, that the video would play right into their hands and ramp up the hate factor, so there has to be something deeper going on that makes them want to erase it.

The narrative that the killer speaks gives some insight into the psychology of Gomer's Boys (otherwise known as ISIS, ISIL, DAESH, etc.). At first blush, My initial thought was that we ought to be turning the entire area into a thermic mist at this instant, but upon further reflection, I think not. Gomer's Batallion is getting overly cocky, having met with no serious resistance so far. Over-confidence will kill you DEAD. Let 'em meet with some more success, get all sorts of cocky about it (and they are almost THERE), then lower the boom all of a sudden, right when they least expect it. Glass the lot of them, and everything around them... if I'm willing to kill my OWN people just to make sure YOURS die, too, the value of snagging "hostages" significantly decreases - but then again, if I do it right, there will be no one left to take hostages anyhow. It will only give future wannabes pause for thought before they go down the same road.

Note to posterity: if I'm ever taken "hostage" by the likes of this, and you have a chance to crater them, don't hesitate just because I'm there. Do it. Do it IMMEDIATELY, with no hesitation at all. X THEM OUT, even if it does ME in. I'm not going to get out of there alive anyhow, no matter what you do. Better to put a quick end to it, and give me a lot of company on the road to Valhalla.

edit on 2014/8/23 by nenothtu because: piss-poor spelling error

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

The video showing the murder of Foley is a clear threat, but it's also trying to send a message of their power. If they gain even one new recruit as a result of that person watching the video, do you still justify it being available to view?

Yes, absolutely.

If they gain a "recruit" as a result of viewing the video, then clearly that "recruit" was damaged to begin with.

We need to know who those people damaged in that way are, so that they can be taken out of the gene pool before they get a chance to reproduce.

Smoke 'em out.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The vast majority of people seek out these videos, images of horrific and graphic death purely out of morbid curiosity... Many are so desensitized to graphic violence by fictional graphic depictions in movies that often when confronted with the real thing they jump to the conclusion that it is fake, and seek ways to validate it...

There is no value in watching this kind of disturbing material... Except for most, a twisted and morbid form of entertainment...

Until you have witnessed this kind of evil personally, or been a victim of it and survived... Videos and images do little to expose the true reality in a desensitized world, except to glorify the act...

imo

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason
a reply to: interupt42

But why the need to place a buffer on what is real? Censorship of any kind is a no no. I'm pretty surprised that there are so many here willing to censor the internet because of the graphic nature of these videos. Again, no one is forcing you to click the link to a video. Why rely on the government yet again to decide what is safe for you to watch? More to the point, why take away the choice to view or not view something from other people based on personal opinion? Censorship sucks, no matter what is being censored.

I think you just clarified something for me, gave me the missing puzzle piece.

THAT could well be the "deeper issue" I mentioned above. It's not to whip us into a war frenzy, and it's not to get us to beg for more curtailed freedom in the name of "security".

It's to get us to beg for censorship!

Food for thought...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

While that could be a larger agenda, I for one advocate personal choice. I'm warning you from all sorts of experience and thoughtful reflection thereon that this is bad for everyone and I ENCOURAGE you to make the right choice. I still agree with John Stuart Mill that forcible censorship cannot be justified even by the absolute truth of the mainstream opinion because if what is wrong does not die naturally the impulse remains, absent a cautionary example, and eventually comes back stronger.

Do what you will, but part of why I say that is cause I like my snuff fans in the open where I can watch my back. But Google it yourself- don't put it on a board that doesn't want it.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join