It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When does smoking pot or even stealing cigars justify 2 bullets in the head ?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I am seeing a lot of comments here making judgements on this tragic situation without an understanding of the facts in this case. Those facts have yet to come to light.

Almost all of the witness testimony has been from either Mike Brown's friend or the unnamed friend of the officer. Both of these sources are questionable given their relationships to the participants involved. We also have the 2nd autopsy released by the attorney of the Brown family indicating only the amount of bullets fired. This release of information without a complete understanding of the situation leading up the shots is prejudicial as the release was designed to enflame passions in the case, not a smart thing to do in light of the ongoing riots in Fergurson.

We need to get a clearer understanding of the events after the altercation at the officer's car and Mike Brown's death before passing judgement on either of these individuals.

How the Ferguson police have handled the public outcry and demonstrations since this incident is another matter entirely and needs to be kept in the spotlight. To say they handled it poorly would be an understatement.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

What drives me crazy is all the false outrage over this. From the various accounts coming out this cop was protecting himself from a mad man.

On the other hand, where are the looters, rioters and thugs when a black 9 year old is shot and killed?
www.chicagotribune.com...

To me, that should have the black community seeing red and the outrage should be spilling out into the streets. All we hear are crickets over this senseless murder of an ACTUAL child.

No matter how they spin it, Mike Brown was no child folks. This 9 year old was a child.

Or do we call this for what it really is? Black racists not wanting to know the facts but are looking for their pound of white flesh no matter what the cost?

SMH

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: truckdriver42

I dont think its false outrage, although there is some opportunistic rioting and looting going on, thats a given.

I think its more a case of things coming to a head. A steady build up of pressure has been happening for many years.
There always comes a point where something has to give. This time around it happens to be this.
I was just as outraged when the hispanic 14 yr old was shot in the back by a police officer for carrying a toy bb gun.
Police brutality has been steadily getting worse around the world, there always comes a time when the release valve is engaged and people say enough is enough.

The people verses the government is one of the oldest battles. We have constitutions and bills of rights for a reason.
As the checks and balances are removed, so the abuse of the new powers becomes inevitable.
And the more the abuses go unpunished the worse they get. In the apathetic and narcissistic modern world we live, these abuses go unpunished far too long. And then the proverbial hits the fan.

edit on 20148America/Chicago08pm8pmThu, 21 Aug 2014 16:19:36 -05000814 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Mike Brown was a thug, plain and simple, he got what he deserved, better sooner than later, save a lot of people white or black, the disservice of meeting this thug.

The cop should get a metal, and they should shoot the father that spawn this thug, just so he won't spawn anymore.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
When does robbing and attacking a somewhat elderly store owner and then a cop justify a person to live more than 2 more minutes?
Firepiston

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Its also important to note that the Brown kid looked to be a very large young man. There does become a point where your size can be considered a deadly weapon in a fight, since your striking ability can kill someone. If he did beat up that cop than it is reasonable to assume deadly force with defending himself. Now if he beat up the cop and then ran and got shot, well that is a different story.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I certainly would not wish to live in America these days, there have been numerous accounts of police either shooting or beating individuals for various misdemeanours. I can understand police have a difficult job to do, especially with an armed public and gun culture which exists in the US.
However with all the training the police are supposed to recieve, it amazes me how restraint is pushed aside in favor of better him than me approach. There were two officers present in the Michael Brown case, at least one of them could easily have used a stun gun before lethal weapons.
Even if we accept the officers view that Brown rushed at him, is that a green light for that officer to kill? We have two officers with stun guns, batons and handcuffs against an unarmed 18 year old, surely they could easily overpower him with non lethal force.
In the UK we have mainly unarmed cops on the street who come across violent situations every day, they cope with their training to deal with these situations and it works. Using lethal force on unarmed civilians is not the best way to garner public support, nor is it or should ever be part of a civilised society.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
"When does smoking pot or even stealing cigars justify 2 bullets in the head ?"

Smoking pot doesn't. Stealing something? You should be shot in the head as a menace to society like a dog gone bad. Of course, you have to let everyone know long ahead of time that this is the law of the land. That way...only those who can't control themselves get killed. And those are the ones we don't want in our society anyway. You know...like the one dead thief we are talking about here, that we no longer have to worry about.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: redeyeblue
I certainly would not wish to live in America these days, there have been numerous accounts of police either shooting or beating individuals for various misdemeanours. I can understand police have a difficult job to do, especially with an armed public and gun culture which exists in the US.
However with all the training the police are supposed to recieve, it amazes me how restraint is pushed aside in favor of better him than me approach. There were two officers present in the Michael Brown case, at least one of them could easily have used a stun gun before lethal weapons.
Even if we accept the officers view that Brown rushed at him, is that a green light for that officer to kill? We have two officers with stun guns, batons and handcuffs against an unarmed 18 year old, surely they could easily overpower him with non lethal force.
In the UK we have mainly unarmed cops on the street who come across violent situations every day, they cope with their training to deal with these situations and it works. Using lethal force on unarmed civilians is not the best way to garner public support, nor is it or should ever be part of a civilised society.

The problem is, they aren't unarmed civilians...they are animals. They need to be purged from society to make society better. They are a cancer that allowed to grow, will destroy us all. Therefore...that makes them a threat to society and a cure is needed. Sorry...but I have NO problem with cleaning up our streets. I would rather see 10 thugs shot in the head than one innocent store owner roughed up.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
What has ATS come to in order to let a thread like this start?

There's not one fact, one proof. It's all hatred. I guess it draws attention and pulls hits. Nothing more than the MSM. Where's Dave420 when you need him to make sense of this BS?
edit on 8/22/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Don't be a thief and you wont have to worry about it. Stop sticking up for thugs is a start. You don't even know all the facts yet you make threads about it. ATS is going downhill fast by letting BS get in the way of facts.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Libertygal
It doesn't.

However, a life of drugs and crime speaks to character, and makes it more believeable that person may be guilty of the accusations, and more believeable that person actually punched the cop in the face, wrestled him over his sidearm, then taunted him before charging him.

Someone with a truly innocent background, not on drugs, it would make it less believeable.

The most dangerous, mind altering and insanity-inducing drugs are perfectly legal, and over prescribed (often without any physical examination or testing.) They're called, Ambien, Paxil, Abilify, Morphine, etc, and there are people ALL AROUND YOU on these drugs!! The chances that you will be attacked by someone on Ambien, Xanax, or Prozac are certainly higher than the chances of being accosted by a stoner.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

Don't be a thief and you wont have to worry about it. Stop sticking up for thugs is a start. You don't even know all the facts yet you make threads about it. ATS is going downhill fast by letting BS get in the way of facts.

Since when has being a thief, as bad as that is, deserving of a death sentence?

Humanity is going downhill fast when they put emotive feelings above common sense.

And the contributions of members of this site are just a reflection of the societies we live in.
edit on 20148America/Chicago08am8amFri, 22 Aug 2014 11:54:32 -05000814 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

Smoking pot doesn't. Stealing something? You should be shot in the head as a menace to society like a dog gone bad. Of course, you have to let everyone know long ahead of time that this is the law of the land. That way...only those who can't control themselves get killed. And those are the ones we don't want in our society anyway. You know...like the one dead thief we are talking about here, that we no longer have to worry about.

If thats an example of being "awake" Id rather sleep.

Since when did you become judge, jury and executioner.
Judge not lest thee be judged.

I find people with opinions like yours a stain on society, but does that mean you should be murdered?

Of course not, Im not an idiot.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

To any sane human, there is no justification for shooting in the head, twice, any other human for smoking a plant that has been on this rock longer than any person alive. Nor for stealing 2 cigars.........nor for a vast number of crimes/events.

Although it pains me to say it - LEO's need to be publicly held to the highest account when they exploit the power vested in them.

Disgusting and vulgar display of power.

If you really believe that's why he was shot, then you must be pretty gullible. He was shot because he attacked the officer as he got out of his cruiser. In a lot of video's I view, the cops are obviously guilty of over-reacting. This isn't one of them. People really need to do a little research themselves, instead of just taking the slanted media view.

I'd be more interested to know why this outrage only exists when the victim is black ? If he'd been white, we wouldn't have heard a word about it. It's really getting old.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneManArmy

Humanity is going downhill fast when they put emotive feelings above common sense.

And the contributions of members of this site are just a reflection of the societies we live in.

Why do people over simplify why this guy got whacked? Its easy to defend the guy but so hard to give the cop the benefit of the doubt. A cop that has a spotless record and from what I understand got some type of award base don his duty as a cop.

Do people really believe this cop just got out of his car and started shooting?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: truckdriver42

Why do people over simplify why this guy got whacked? Its easy to defend the guy but so hard to give the cop the benefit of the doubt. A cop that has a spotless record and from what I understand got some type of award base don his duty as a cop.

Do people really believe this cop just got out of his car and started shooting?

Im not saying that he was just a thief. I dont have a clue what happened, I wasnt there, I really havent followed this case because to be quite honest, Im fed up of hearing about police abuses of power and people being killed by aggressive psychopathic cops. If I didnt hear so many abuses then I wouldnt think they are all just a bunch of retarded arseholes pumped up on steroids on a power trip.
If they dont like that image, then why do they try so hard to live up to it?

The sad thing is that lets just say it turns out this cop did the right thing under the circumstances, then its the fault of all the previous examples of police brutality and them never being held to account for their murders that makes people think the worst automatically.

My comments to optimuscrime were more on the whole ridiculous idea of executing thieves as "animals".
Not all thieves steal for profit, some do it to survive. Sadly because our narcissistic dream chasing self obsessions with success and paying our own bills blurs our sight of those less fortunate in society that may for example be disabled, but our greedy governments(and the citizens allow it) have decided to cut their benefits and ability to live in society, so maybe they are pushed to the point of having to steal some eggs or some bread just to eat that night. Should they be executed like animals too?
Many of these "thugs" are just misguided victims of circumstance themselves. If the circumstances were a bit better for some of these "kids" then maybe they wouldnt make some of the decisions they do. And that is a symptom of the society in which we live, and we are ALL responsible for that. If we create a dog eat dog society is it any wonder people act like animals?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

It isn't about smoking pot, or stealing cigars, but about attacking a cop. Multiple witnesses confirm the guy shoved the door of the police car at first, to try and prevent the cop from exiting the vehicle, and then attacked him. When told to stop, after he decided to leave the scene, he then rushed the cop, even though the cop had his weapon drawn.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

If thats an example of being "awake" Id rather sleep.

Since when did you become judge, jury and executioner.
Judge not lest thee be judged.

I find people with opinions like yours a stain on society, but does that mean you should be murdered?

Of course not, Im not an idiot.

We can disagree. But we allow individual cells in our society to spread and damage the others. We even sympathize with them sometimes and make excuses for what they are. In the end...society suffers and allowing the whole of society to suffer for the actions of a group of cells, which can be "cleaned up" is kinda stupid. If you want utopia...you have to get rid of the bad elements.

And, I find stains on society...stains on society.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish
I don't care if the guy attacking me brain is developed to full adult capacity or not hes attacking me right? Trying to get my gun and possibly kill me right? His choice. My right to defend myself. Period. Go out in your community and be a cop. You would be a dead cop with your mindset.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join