It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When does smoking pot or even stealing cigars justify 2 bullets in the head ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
When does smoking pot or even stealing cigars justify 2 bullets in the head ? Different place but during the Argentina basic collapse of the 80's one story I read of an old woman who had not eaten and stole two oranges from a fruit vender. She was shot and declared DRT to the applause of the bystanders. Think about it...

Just heard 2 bullets in the head for Michael Brown of Ferguson fame.. We don't need to see ISIS videos to see this type of barbarism now do we..

I am not for rioting and burning your local businesses down but I am damn sure ready for stopping the "we are right and you don't count" mentality exhibited by TPTB.. We have a legal system even though by some it is not fashionable.. The judge, jury, and execution by law enforcement and the then normal subsequent cover up has got to be dealt with.. I wish the people of Ferguson and the world for that matter could all convert their wishbones into back bones.. seriously.

An autopsy conducted on behalf of Brown's family showed he was shot at least six times, including twice in the head. The path of one bullet indicates the 18-year-old may have been lowering his head in surrender when the fatal shot hit, according to Brown family attorney Daryl Parks.

Parks told a news conference one bullet hit Brown in the very top of his head and another shattered his right eye.

"His head was in a downward position," Parks said. "Given those kind of facts, this officer should have been arrested," Parks said.

news.yahoo.com...

P.S. the stuff should have hit the fan big time over the Kelly Thomas beating in Fullerton, CA..

edit on 18-8-2014 by 727Sky because: P.s.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

When does smoking pot or even stealing cigars justify 2 bullets in the head ?

Obviously the answer to your question is if you live in #Ferguson. Or New York or most other places in Amerika.

+36 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
It doesn't.

Fighting a cop over his gun, and then charging him, however, probably put the cop in fear for his life, like it would any reasonable person. He had a right to protect his life, if that was the case.

However, a life of drugs and crime speaks to character, and makes it more believeable that person may be guilty of the accusations, and more believeable that person actually punched the cop in the face, wrestled him over his sidearm, then taunted him before charging him.

Someone with a truly innocent background, not on drugs, it would make it less believeable.

Character speaks volumes about what someone may, or may not, do.

Also, days before, the DA had said he had a clean criminal background. This only shows he hadn't been caught, yet.

Had it been a week between incidents, it would be a different story, right?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Libertygal
It doesn't.

Fighting a cop over his gun, and then charging him, however, probably put the cop in fear for his life, like it would any reasonable person. He had a right to protect his life, if that was the case.

However, a life of drugs and crime speaks to character, and makes it more believeable that person may be guilty of the accusations, and more believeable that person actually punched the cop in the face, wrestled him over his sidearm, then taunted him before charging him.

Someone with a truly innocent background, not on drugs, it would make it less believeable.

Also, days before, the DA had said he had a clean criminal background. This only shows he hadn't been caught, yet.

I agree however when the threat stops so are the bullets suppose to.. I have no doubt if I was attacked by one or two people and continued to shoot after the threat was stopped I would go to jail unless they had broken into my house... Even then it will depend on the grand jury if I would be prosecuted ...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Don't want to get into the middle of this at all (I'm quite burnt out on Ferguson, frankly) - just want to note here that his 18th birthday was May 20th. We wouldn't see any juvenile records (at least I believe that is still the case). He was only, legally, an adult for just over two months.
edit on 18-8-2014 by kalunom because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky The new narrative as facts come to light points to Brown actually charging the officer,who then fired 4 non fatal shots to the arm, when this did not deter the attack he fired 2 fatal shots to the head. Clean shooting.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

To any sane human, there is no justification for shooting in the head, twice, any other human for smoking a plant that has been on this rock longer than any person alive. Nor for stealing 2 cigars.........nor for a vast number of crimes/events.

Although it pains me to say it - LEO's need to be publicly held to the highest account when they exploit the power vested in them.

Disgusting and vulgar display of power.

edit on 18-8-2014 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

I know that resisting arrest/going for a cop's gun/rushing a cop would end up with me laying on the ground with a bunch of holes in me-and I would deserve every one of them.

If the suspect had done none of those things,then he would still be alive.

lol-almost forgot to mention that I agree 100% with you.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Living so long in one of the most dangerous cities in the country has kind of killed any pity that I may have ever had for violent criminals that end up paying the ultimate price for their stupidity.It's more like-at least some future violent crimes can be avoided,one or more less innocent people have to suffer,etc.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I still think those who are trying to justify the killing because he was a dirt bag are missing the point. America is supposed to be a land of laws.. equal justice for dirt bags and all. If you want cops being judge, jury, and executioners all rolled into one then you might want to look at countries where that is an actual occurrence.. unfortunately you have no further to look than your own country since 9/11 and the erosion of our bill of rights..

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

It doesn't.

I agree however when the threat stops so are the bullets suppose to.. I have no doubt if I was attacked by one or two people and continued to shoot after the threat was stopped I would go to jail unless they had broken into my house... Even then it will depend on the grand jury if I would be prosecuted ...

The threat, from the reports from "the other side", appears to have stopped with a bullet to the head, about 3 feet from the cop.

One wonders how close is close enough, or how bad is bad enough?

I suppose that is a personal decision, about how much that person was afraid for their life. I guess it is different for everyone.

What one person considers fearful for their life may only be intimidation for another. Or, failure to recognize a threat.

How would you feel, if they bypassed the Grand Jury, and instead installed a "special prosecutor", and denied you that right all together?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

If a threat to your life is perceived, you shoot to neutralize the threat. Not to just weaken it, and give it a third chance. Been there twice already, want to revisit it a third time? That's just not how things work in real life.

Ever watched a horror movie on television, and someone is about to do the ineveitable stupid thing, like walk into a room where they heard a sound, andvJason is hiding in the closet? You want to scream at the television, "Nooooo!"

Well, there ya go.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I agree. It had nothing to do with the store robbery or the cigars.

It had everything to do with the attack.

The store burglary and cigars only precipitated it.

Even the "the cop didn"t know about the burglary" people need to understand one thing. Michael knew about the burglary.

Has anyone considered he may have just not have wanted to go to jail?

Considering that may put his actions into a more understandable light.

edit on 18-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
A few shoots that hit his arm which did not stop him and the fatal on in the top of the head.

How can you shoot a 6'4" person in the top of the head??? Either he was on his knees praying or he bent down to tackle the officer while running at him. How do you figure that he go one in the top of the head logically? Just curious.

He started maybe 30 feet away and rushed the cop and the cop fired multiple times most likely aiming center of mass but missed and hit his right arm multiple time (look at the autopsy report) and when he got close enough I imagine he bent down to tackle the cop and he got one in the head which ended it.

I keep seeing people say stealing cigars don't warrant getting killed over, no it don't.

But when you fight a cop and try to take his gun away and then rush him again you get killed.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Don't you know that it is for the children that we shoot pot smokers think of all the human suffering at the hands of those evil pot smokers./sarc

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

...LEO's need to be publicly held to the highest account when they exploit the power vested in them.

While I agree with you... Let's be honest - they are no more/better human than any of the rest of us...
Some of them just think they are.
When it comes to fear/panic - they are just as likely to freak-out as the rest of us (self-preservation).

To the OP:
The opening statement goes way overboard in assuming/presuming that these are the only justifications for the officer.

The officer would have known nothing of the THC in MJ's system.

A 'presumed cover-up' has not been affirmed, confirmed or even argued well enough for an intelligent mind to entertain, much less, accept.

And - the only quotes you're providing, come from someone who stands to make money from the tragedy.

So - I am inclined to question ---- what's your angle/agenda?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

How would you feel, if they bypassed the Grand Jury, and instead installed a "special prosecutor", and denied you that right all together?

Exactly: Policies and procedures (laws) are established and anytime someone wants to bypass the established laws they are doing no one any favors only further eroding the bill of rights.. And IMO the bill of rights are the only thing we have that separates us from the worse type banana republic or some military dictatorship. If this 280 pound big kid had his head down with his arm extended rushing the cop then it is possible that when shots were fired he was hit in the crown by a well placed or lucky shot. Most mags that cops carry in my experience carry 15 rounds so he (the cop) did not empty his mag.. restraint ? Maybe he did stop shooting when the threat was neutralized ?

The kid having just robbed the store might have thought the cop was after him for the robbery even though according to reports the cop did not know about the robbery..

Back to the point of the thread.. How many times have we read about citizens being killed or beat for weed or worse yet, having a Swat team show up at your house and it is the wrong address only determined after bad things happen to the residents ?

The whole flame of the police state thing needs to be reevaluated and turned down several degrees IMO.

I doubt this police officer got out of bed that day and had any idea he would be involved in something that would cause such mayhem. The mayhem that has transpired is not just about the kid but what has transpired in that city and maybe the country in the past.. Plenty of threads at ATS and personal experiences that do not shine a favorable light on many LEOs in different locals. It is kinda like a balloon that is being inflated.. If things do not change with the perception of law enforcement and the average pedestrian then one day the balloon is very likely to burst and there will be hell to pay.. I personally do not want to see that go down.

Again we are supposed to be a country laws. Was it a good shooting ? I was not there and both sides of the issue have reasons to twist the facts for their own benefit.. Will the real truth come out ? There are being shots fired as I type this so it has progressed past who was right or wrong. There is more to come, right or wrong..

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
To any sane human, there is no justification for shooting in the head, twice, any other human for smoking a plant that has been on this rock longer than any person alive. Nor for stealing 2 cigars.........nor for a vast number of crimes/events.

Sublimecraft,

I find the majority of your posts very intelligent and good read...

In this case though how do you say one way or the other? He had a physical altercation with the cop, he was shot in the front by all bullets, this kid was 300 pounds 6'4", a cop or anyone would not typically shoot someone 6 times unless they were in a mode of panic.

I find it strange of how many eye witnesses said he was running away, and when the report came out that all bullets were in the front then magically the reports suggest he was just standing there with his arms raised. Whatever it was it had nothing to do with pot or cigars...

Did the cop put six bullets in him because he didn't respect his authority, maybe. Did the cop dump 6 bullets into a charging 300 pound 6'4" guy, most likely.

You and many others have already convicted the cop, and in the past the protests didn't start until after a verdict or final report was done, but what we see now is just a circus of events all based on speculations.

edit on 19-8-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Yep, I agree. I read a story recently about a family where the wife drinks loose tea. I forget how the whole thing culminated, but they had also purchased grow lights for indoor vegetable gardening.

Well, needless to say, the grow light purchase flagged them as suspicious, and when the cops were rooting through the couples' trash, they found the wet tea leaves.

This prompted a full blown SWAT raid on their home, in which they were physically abused, restrained, and their home completely ransacked.

Over wet tea leaves.

It was disgusting, and I would have sued, and demanded the firing of whomever ordered and authorized the SWATting.

It was WAY over the top, even if it HAD been a grow house. They knew who the owners were, and that the threat just wasn't there.

Someone firing a weapon now, on Fox, btw.
Sounds like a chopper in the air, maybe.
Or drones.

Someone is inciting, and crossing a line. The reporter wandered into the tear gas. He is only getting what he deserves.

The cops can't protect them, and I can guarantee you, if a reporter gets hury or killed, the police will get blamed.

I am all for freedom of press. I am all for allowing them to act stupidly, too.

Guy approaching press, now, threatening them. Lol. That's what the police were protecting press from. No more, they are on their own.

edit on 19-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
They are separate issues. The one does not justify the other. Nor does rioting and looting become justified by what happened either. He was not shot from behind, as the autopsy showed. Witnesses are saying that he was approaching the police. I think the police over-reacted. They spend too much time practicing unloading a complete clip rapidly at the firing range instead of shot placement that can put a man down. A bullet to the knee does wonders for ambulatory threats, and there are two knees.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join