It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT-United Nations secretary-general issues statement on Ferguson

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

(CNN) — The United Nations secretary-general issued a statement about the events in Ferguson, Missouri, on Monday, saying that he “hopes local and federal investigations will shed full light on the killing” of teenager Michael Brown.

Ban Ki-moon called on authorities to ensure that people are able to assemble peacefully and urged law enforcement to abide by U.S. and “international standards in dealing with demonstrations.”

Fox2

The entire world watches how the authorities handle this situation in Ferguson MO.

Hopefully order will return once the militant police are replace with actual soldiers...hmm that's a interesting concept.

I still call for the Gov Nixon and the police chiefs of both Ferguson and St Louis County to resign for failure of leadership and incompetence, and I call for criminal investigations of all 3.

edit on 18-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Great UN is involved. What's next UN peacekeepers in America? Cause that wouldn't be pretty.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Ban Ki-moon is unable to effectively deal with multiple crisis throughout the world, as was his predecessor.
He should probably keep quiet about domestic issues in the US, or run the risk of making the UN appear even more inept than it is.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I do agree that some investigations needs to be done !

armakirais

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Don't worry folks.

the UN will solve everything.

I mean. Don't they always?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Doesn't the UN have a history of monitoring and speaking out against government abuse of the people around the world?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

If the UN can't keep Israel from defiling the Earth with the blood of innocents, then they certainly can't help the oppressed in the US.
edit on 18-8-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Great UN is involved. What's next UN peacekeepers in America? Cause that wouldn't be pretty.

I think that's what's next. Why has the UN weighed in on this? That is my #1 question.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Really?!?

The governor should resign over this nonsense?!?!?

Send in the troops / take control / then discuss the problem.

People causing the unrest is the problem not the govt.
edit on 18-8-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: armakirais

I do agree that some investigations needs to be done !

armakirais

So the UN And Holder are going to get involved and continue to investigate all of the wrongful deaths and instances of police brutality and unlawful actions by the police departments across the nation......before this case too right?

*crickets*

I agree this case has some serious issues and the fact that they are calling In the national guard and are clearly violating rights is horrible. I'm not trying to cheapen that

But this isn't the first case. This isn't the only time this happens. This happens ALL the time.

If they are so concerned where the hell have they been up to this point?

This is nothbg but damage ,correction, image control
edit on 8/18/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

link   

Doesn't the UN have enough issue like www.nytimes.com...
and en.wikipedia.org...

UN, you should keep your trap shut along with Mexico.

edit on 18-8-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I think that's what's next. Why has the UN weighed in on this? That is my #1 question.

Because it gets people's attention, that's why. Think about this: America tells everyone else globally how to do things, chastises governments for bad choices and harsh actions. The UN, an international body, has spoken out about Ferguson. An American town. While this has already been getting attention around the world, the attention is going to be a lot stronger now, and they're watching to see just what kind of hypocrites we are under a stronger microscope. That's a lot of scrutiny from the people we try like hell to police.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The U.N.'s secretary general "issuing a statement"...wow, that DOES sound urgent.

“hopes local and federal investigations will shed full light on the killing” of teenager Michael Brown.

Amazing insight. Really.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I knew posting anything Ferguson relating to the UN would be like this:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

That's because the UN as a whole is a bigger joke then the Keystone Cops.

They, the UN, need to shut their pie hole and go do something else........like maybe deal with Africa, or their own people running rampant.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

If the UN can't keep Israel from defiling the Earth with the blood of innocents, then they certainly can't help the oppressed in the US.

More hippy nonsense from a person who refuses to acknowledge the truth.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

This is very interesting, taking into consideration that US is considered the top country when it comes to pursuing human rights and freedom of speech, (supposedly) then we have the US government telling other countries to follow our example, then we see how our own government can not even implement the same rules that it tries to push abroad into our own soil.

Interesting indeed.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The UN wants the US to handle the protesters like Russia and China does, does that mean they want the National Guard to use live rounds instead of rubber bullets and bean bags?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: irgust

You know that could be a reason but let face it, we can not have the leader of the free world that other countries uses as an example no been able to manage its own affairs.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
*sigh*

You believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality. That's not the way the world really works anymore.

We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out.

We're history's actors…and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.

-Karl Rove

www.nytimes.com...

A thesis, giving rise to its reaction, an antithesis, which contradicts or negates the thesis, and the tension between the two being resolved by means of a synthesis. Creating new realities.
edit on 8/18/2014 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join