It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT-United Nations secretary-general issues statement on Ferguson

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

Yes the UN is terrible, how dare them feed millions of starving people and administer the only healthcare many millions will ever see. How dare them openly question and rebuke unlawful and oppressive governments, attempting to give a voice to the poorest and weakest among us.

The nerve of these people!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Let no forget that the biggest financial supporter of the UN is the US tax payers.

so actually they are an arm of the US government. (literally)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

This is very interesting, taking into consideration that US is considered the top country when it comes to pursuing human rights and freedom of speech, (supposedly) then we have the US government telling other countries to follow our example, then we see how our own government can not even implement the same rules that it tries to push abroad into our own soil.

Interesting indeed.

The U.S. ranks 18th on Human Rights.

It should get it's own act in order before preaching to others.

www.ihrri.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I don't think the thugs [night time ''protesters''] are gonna give a rip what the UN says and probably couldn't spell international law let alone care or abide by it.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Yes, the nerve of a group/collective of buffoons and morons that waste millions of dollars on the New York location and other crap...

The same group that can't control their own people, that have been heavily involved with child sex trafficking and prostitution as well.

Yep, same group.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: palmalBlue2

I don't think the thugs [night time ''protesters''] are gonna give a rip what the UN says and probably couldn't spell international law let alone care or abide by it.

That's what the tanks are for. This isn't about asking.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Thanks for that information, I had no clue we have fallen that far behind, I wonder if have to do with the results of the invasion of Iraq and war in Afghanistan.

Very sad news.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Is it my imagination or are there members on ATS that actually think the police are in the right about what has taken place?

Whilst there are some elements of looting etc, perhaps the police would be best serving the community by dealing with the actual criminals that are looting and not the protesters.

As a non US member, my opinion of the US is going down the swanny after seeing this on the news. It's a crying shame that more white folk have not taken to the streets to protest this "murder" and to steer this atrocity away from race relations and to protest against police brutality which seems to be a massive issue in the states.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Obama is going to have a live press conference @ 4pm EST.

As a free people, at least we'll have the pleasure to hear how "history's actors" are going to play this. Please take comfort in the fact that we'll at least be able to study the situation after it plays out, but have no actual bearing on the outcome. We'll leave that to the Alphas.

So buy some snacks. Peace at any cost!
edit on 8/18/2014 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Seems like it's " Open Season " against The U.S. by The U.N. at present.

Not too long ago The U.N. was voicing concern about the plight of Native American Indians.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Sorry, DP.
edit on 8/18/2014 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
Is it my imagination or are there members on ATS that actually think the police are in the right about what has taken place?

It's not your imagination, and it's a fairly widespread opinion.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

To me this seems like I'm in bizarro world. The U.N. leader should be concentrating on what is going on in Northern Iraq and the Ebola situation in Africa, but instead he is concerned with Ferguson?
Yet, Prez Obama gives the ok to send in fighter jets to counter ISIS, but takes his time addressing the growing concern of militant police actions happening across the U.S.?
Am I missing something here?......

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Well to be safe let's say between 4-5pm EST.

We all know how late he usually is for press conferences, the only time he is on time is tee time.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I just want to point out that i don't think the UN should be doing the investigation . To be quite frank there is other cases in the world what are way worse .

But i stand to my point there should be an independent investigation (by a USA group/comittee/ or whatever you call it )

armakirais

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Im having a bad day.Some Obama idiotic remarks are always good for a brief chuckle.Then I realize he's completely serious and depression sets in.

Well to be safe let's say between 4-5pm EST.

We all know how late he usually is for press conferences, the only time he is on time is tee time.

edit on CDTMonpm1261 by TDawg61 because: Bad day

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The sad thing, is , this kind of episode is nothing new for The U.S.

The Year 1970. The Location, Kent State University. The Outcome ,4 unarmed demonstrators shot dead by The National Guard.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: flammadraco

It's not your imagination, and it's a fairly widespread opinion.

Thanks for the link, and that has shocked me. It's obvious to me that this is a case of police brutality and whilst the police officer was probably racist himself, that does not deviate from the fact that the main issue here is the police force in the states.

It seems to me that the US police believe they are above the law. There's been a massive militarisation of the police force and the number of similar stories of police officers being extremely trigger happy.

Two possible solutions I see:

1) All LEOs wear body cams at all times whilst on duty. Already being done in some American cities.

2) The recruitment process needs a huge overhaul. Not allowing recruits to become officers who have a above average IQ score is an absolute travesty.

That's my two pence worth, but I do honestly believe that if all Americans protested about this extreme case of police brutality then change can be made. It's only going to get worse if nothing is done.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

If the UN can't keep Israel from defiling the Earth with the blood of innocents, then they certainly can't help the oppressed in the US.

well the blood defiling of the "innocents" in Russia, Ukraine, Libya, Egypt, Syria, north Korea, Afghanistan, sierra Leone, Somalia, Tibet, etc...also haven't been helped by the UN either. curious you only mention Israel, now why would that be?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kratos40

The UN released a statement or opinion, its two sentences on the topic. they are not investigating nor are they doing anything else. What I quoted in the op was the entire message released by the UN:

(CNN) — The United Nations secretary-general issued a statement about the events in Ferguson, Missouri, on Monday, saying that he “hopes local and federal investigations will shed full light on the killing” of teenager Michael Brown.

Ban Ki-moon called on authorities to ensure that people are able to assemble peacefully and urged law enforcement to abide by U.S. and “international standards in dealing with demonstrations.”

Doesn't everyone here agree with what he is saying?
edit on 18-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join