It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Porter is licensed to practice law in New York, Washington, DC, and Florida. No mention of Missouri.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
CNN --

Protesting starting....

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Did they show a new video?
Just that was their headline when i switched over

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
New protest direction:

New prosecutor needed since this one hasn't pronounced Wilson guilty or will assure he will be found guilty.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I'm not seeing any live streams anywhere out of the list of them. Even the scanner stream isn't giving any indication of an ongoing protest yet.

If anyone find anything, be sure to let us know, please?

Quick edit: I Am Mike Brown/Argus Radio is up now. I can't find anyone else, though.
edit on 8/20/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Much more you it and you know that.

He has deep family ties in to the STL PD

In addition to his father, McCulloch’s brother, an uncle and a cousin all served with the St. Louis Police Department, and his mother worked as a clerk at the department, Magee said.

pix11.com...
They are also mad over this

McCulloch’s father was a police officer and was killed on the job in 1964 by an African-American man, when McCulloch was 12, Magee confirmed to CNN.

So it is his past history and them not thinking he will be fair and unbiased

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
When asked about the facts he gets elected each time since '91 by a large majority, a person said the black turn out was very low. So in a town which is a majority black, they don't even go vote when they could elect a person based on numbers. I would say they didn't care until now. Too bad.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I personally don't care what they do to make their selves happy. Would think it is important to be fair to both sides. If this man is so negative to the community they could have replaced him long ago.
edit on 8/20/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: xuenchen

Did they show a new video?
Just that was their headline when i switched over

Live shot for a few seconds.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

New protest direction:

New prosecutor needed since this one hasn't pronounced Wilson guilty or will assure he will be found guilty.

That sounds encouraging for tonight.

edit on Aug-20-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

When asked about the facts he gets elected each time since '91 by a large majority, a person said the black turn out was very low. So in a town which is a majority black, they don't even go vote when they could elect a person based on numbers. I would say they didn't care until now. Too bad.

That's really freaking sad, because while I'm of the camp that national elections are a sham, your local elections ARE still usually fair and at least winnable if you have a good voter turnout. No excuse for not showing up to local elections.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00nunya00

That's really freaking sad, because while I'm of the camp that national elections are a sham, your local elections ARE still usually fair and at least winnable if you have a good voter turnout. No excuse for not showing up to local elections.

I totally agree. Low voter turnouts, particularly for African American communities, is a whole huge issue in itself. It is largely related to voter disenfranchisement. There's a lot of research and cases studies available on the subject but I think much of it is behind pay walls. However, I actually had to cover this topic for a political science class. Basically, voter participation in some predominately African American communities is dismally low because of issues with voter disenfrachisement, loss of faith (particularly after the 2000 elections), and due to redistricting (resulting in additional loss of faith). The subject is really an interesting read and I wish the bulk of it was freely available.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
SWAT trucks moving in

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Fox 2 stream up & running now.

originally posted by: muse7
SWAT trucks moving in

Via who? Remember to cite where from so we don't have to trawl everything

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Fox 2 stream up & running now.

originally posted by: muse7
SWAT trucks moving in

Via who? Remember to cite where from so we don't have to trawl everything

Saw it live on the I am Mike Brown feed...it's up right now 2 swat trucks were seen along with another unmarked black vehicle

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I missed it then, must have been when I went to feed the animals dinner.

The crowd already sounds more determined tonight than last night's crowd did. Smaller crowd from what I can see, though.
edit on 8/20/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I wonder if some of the recent news will have an effect on tonights protest

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I hope it doesn't get out of hand. Last night "Tim"
mentioned that some protesters were at the other shooting.

Makes me worry a little that protesters from both sites
will merge into one huge crowd.

Holder being in town may cause a larger crowd as well.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: muse7

I missed it then, must have been when I went to feed the animals dinner.

The crowd already sounds more determined tonight than last night's crowd did. Smaller crowd from what I can see, though.

Crowd does seem small but most of the people come out after sunset.

Definitely feels a bit more tense though

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
I wonder if some of the recent news will have an effect on tonights protest

I am not sure, it is hard to tell. The only thing I know for sure is that if that cop wasn't suspended for pointing the gun and saying he will f***g kill that guy...there would be much more anomisity toward the police and it would have gotten really ugly tonight.

new topics

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join