It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The tactics used by the people in Ferguson are so familiar to me.
Where have i seen them before?..Afghanistan.
Only we weren't shooting(edit: ANYTHING) into crowds. Had anyone done that, they would be subject to UCMJ
As for being fired upon, if there is a clear shot, yes, the love would have been returned
edit on 8/18/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: clarity reason

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Obtuse, really? Okay, you want to talk about levels of evidence? The latest coroner's report indicates that the shooting occurred at some distance, citing the absence of powder burns on the body. I know, I know, they haven't tested the clothes, because the police still have them, but there are no powder burns on the two bullets that entered Brown's head either. So how is it that at a distance the officer decided Brown was going for his weapon? It certainly had nothing to do with a robbery the officer knew nothing about.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Summary of brief press-conference:

Domino's Pizza, Family Dollar, Self Storage, O'Reilly Auto Parts, McDonalds, all confirmed having been looted. Molotov Cocktails thrown, and police have been shot at and have had bottles thrown at them. Determined to restore peace to Ferguson.

Q&A How many injured? At least 2-3, a couple shooting victims. Not domestic shootings. No officers injured.

How many arrests? 7-8 as of right now.

Additional steps? Operational planning, evaluating resources.

I think the Molotov Cocktails were the last straw... the """SO CALLED PROSTERS"""" have been shooting each other since day one... that first lady the cops couldn't get to later died at the hospital... there to more folks shoot last night... Oh no, it's not the cops causing all the trouble... It's those in seats of power to afraid to escalate the problem and by doing nothing have only made it worse...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I see some killings tonight.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
CNN just reported that a credible source close to the investigation is saying that the person who called into the radio station to give the police officers side of the story is accurate to what officer Wilson has stated.

For reference, here is the caller into the radio.

Recap, Brown pushed Wilson back into the car and punched him in the face, Brown ran away then stopped, turned around and rushed Wilson, this is when Wilson shot him.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Regular life must go on, even during a protest.

The majority may want to protest in a peaceful manner but what about the few who do not? Are the authorities supposed to just stop enforcing laws in the face of a protest?

The minute things got crazy is when the gas station was torched, and that set the tone for this whole thing. So when one person rushes out from a peaceful crowd to throw a Molotov, what then are the police to do? Should we decriminalize arson and destruction of public/government property in times of protest?

As for the militias, they will not get involved in this. The NG coming in to maintain order is far different than the feds stepping in to overrule a ranchers agreement with the state.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Those protesters will never accept this as fact...

They could live with him shooting a black man in cold blood as a hate crime... but never as a simple case of self defense...

Remember too this kid wasn't alone... That officer was confronting his friends too.... unarmed yeah, but out numbered... I would have taken the shot too.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps

They could live with him shooting a black man in cold blood as a hate crime... but never as a simple case of self defense...

Remember too this kid wasn't alone... That officer was confronting his friends too.... unarmed yeah, but out numbered... I would have taken the shot too.

No one should accept this as fact.

This is just the other side of the story...as of right now, no one knows what the actual truth is.

But it is important to now have both sides of the story.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: HardCorps

No one should accept this as fact.

This is just the other side of the story...as of right now, no one knows what the actual truth is.

But it is important to now have both sides of the story.

I'll give you that... to soon to say what the real truth is...

However these riots and looting... are an insult to the boys family.
They only want to know why, and what happened... something to give them comfort in this hour of grief.

But now it's turned into a race war. and I doubt either side will ever accept the truth, whatever it may be?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

There were shootings the night before and there was rioting/looting almost every day in the past week once the sun goes down.

And by almost, you mean 2 nights?
You have been saying this, among others, in many threads but it is just not true. There was some on Wednesday and and some on the 10-11th. As in late night to early morning, not 2 days of it
Get your facts straight, or give me some sources of rioting and looting almost every night
edit on thMon, 18 Aug 2014 13:46:08 -0500America/Chicago820140880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: solarstorm
Funny...send the National Guard on our citizens...but don't send them to protect our borders.

# this country...# u Obama and Congress.
edit on Mon Aug 18 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

I agree with this sentiment.

Illegal aliens protest in front of White House Read more: www.americanthinker.com...

The national guard wasn't called for that 'protest'.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

So of course the third hand account of the friend of the wife of the officer is going the highly credible and not bias at all.
Can we stop with this 'josie' is a highly credible account nonsense? She wasn't at the scene and is just repeating what was told to her by the officers wife!

If she is highly credible then so is DJ, they both have equal bias in the situation

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Go make the thread about it neo, it has nothing to do with this one.
And of course they know for a fact they were illegals, couldn't be citizens protesting.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

There were shootings the night before and there was rioting/looting almost every day in the past week once the sun goes down.

And by almost, you mean 2 nights?
You have been saying this, among others, in many threads but it is just not true. There was some on Wednesday and and some one the 10-11th.
Get your facts straight, or give me some sources of rioting and looting almost every night

Are you kidding?

Thursday (8/14) was the only night of peace...every other night there have been multiple incidents.

I swear, some people are willingly ignoring reality to confirm their own opinion.

Here...go see for yourself: stlouis.cbslocal.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So of course the third hand account of the friend of the wife of the officer is going the highly credible and not bias at all.
Can we stop with this 'josie' is a highly credible account nonsense? She wasn't at the scene and is just repeating what was told to her by the officers wife!

If she is highly credible then so is DJ, they both have equal bias in the situation

No, Josie isn't highly credible...the source that CNN is using is highly credible (according to them) that has said that Josie's account matches Darren Wilson's account within the investigation.

At least we now have two sides of the story instead of just one. Not surprising that they don't match up, but it is more information that we didn't have.

Why would you be opposed to that?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

I think the Molotov Cocktails were the last straw...

This is the second time they claimed molotov cocktails, both nights we had almost 4 live feeds of people on the ground and the news coverage and not one sighting of said molotov.
Tim Pool reported one thrown at a business, the first night of the curfew but even then it was hard to see.
I don't want to see this, but shouldn't there be something of this nature if they were getting thrown at police?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Read this

it's a blog posted by Dissonant Winston Smith a St. Louis Police officer

Furthermore, as of the night of 8/14/2014 going into 8/15/2014, violence
has not ended in Ferguson. As soon as I walked in the door, I heard a
shots fired call near W. Florissant and Chambers involving a woman who had
bullets coming into her house. Numerous reports of shots fired and people
flourishing firearms went on throughout the night. This is NOT peace and
the media is lying.

he talks about more riots """Anyone that disputes that fact need only
review the radio traffic from August 10th and the radio traffic from August
11th."""

or this one

St. Louis
County had their helicopter move in and spotlight the area. We hadn’t seen
much of the helicopter tonight because it was having to move around pretty
steadily in order to avoid taking fire. Multiple shots had been fired at
the helicopter one of several times it had been stationary further shedding
doubt on the notion of “peaceful” protest.

doesn't sound all that peaceful to me... Nor does it sound like the cops are the bad guys here...

edit on 18-8-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

It doesn't add a new side, it is just the officers story told by a third party.
We already have that account.
It would be nice if the PD would release the police report, not sure that takes almost a week to write up.
It is simple cut and dry self defense right? Or are they waiting for the autopsy results so they can make sure the event matches up to that....

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yo was the national guard called out on them ?

Yes or no ?

Was the national guard called out on the Occupy 'protestors' before that.

When was the last time the national guard was called out on any 'protest' in recent history ?

Not to mention someone needs to explain to me what the deal is in Ferguson.

Hell between LA, Detroit, and Chicago minorities are gunned down left, and right.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Looking at all the pieces in play, it's highly possible that this is orchestrated.
My prediction is more violence tonight followed by an official order of martial law.
Dusk to dawn curfew and deadly force authorization for so much as being outside their homes

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join