It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: kruphix

There were shootings the night before and there was rioting/looting almost every day in the past week once the sun goes down.

And by almost, you mean 2 nights?
You have been saying this, among others, in many threads but it is just not true. There was some on Wednesday and and some one the 10-11th.
Get your facts straight, or give me some sources of rioting and looting almost every night

Are you kidding?

Thursday (8/14) was the only night of peace...every other night there have been multiple incidents.

I swear, some people are willingly ignoring reality to confirm their own opinion.

Here...go see for yourself: stlouis.cbslocal.com...

This is where you miss the point completely, AGAIN

No one is denying looting happened at all, what we are saying is, the protestors and the looters are two different crowds.
Even the black police chief said as much 2 nights ago, yet they are all getting tarred with the same brush.

You can't defend kids getting tear gassed at 9pm on a US street, you just can't.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

You do not have two sides of the story. The second side is dead and will never have the chance to testify on his own behalf. Since we're counting sides...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

No, Josie isn't highly credible...the source that CNN is using is highly credible (according to them) that has said that Josie's account matches Darren Wilson's account within the investigation.

Isn't CNN using Josie. I thought that is the name they stated. Sounded like this person just repeated what was told to them by the officer.

Did I miss something?

edit:

OK, they made it clearer. A third person says Josie matches what they know. Grain of salt...

edit on 8/18/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

edit on 8/18/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Live stream coming out of Ferguson don't know if site will let me link to it?
try this
edit on 18-8-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
For the past couple of years I have been expecting to see Drones equipped for crowd control (ie pepper balls, flash bangs and CS grenades) come into use. As the situation in Ferguson is escalating I wonder if this may be the unveiling of crowd suppression drones. We see more and more military equipment being used by LEO's and the military contractors see this as opening another market for sales. One can only wait and see what happens with the NG on the scene.

edit on 18-8-2014 by AlaskanDad because: () added

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

Actually, yes I can. And in some situations, I do. This is one.

Someone needs to protect the business owners who provide jobs, the citizens who simply want to support their family and don't prefer needing an Ak in order to keep their own kids safe as they try to get groceries after work, the citizens who just want to see actual justice and not mob "justice" which is anything but just...

So yeah, when nutjobs are running rampant in the street tearing up the town and hurting people, if tear gas helps, then so be it.

Heck I'd be shooting people who were trying to rob or injure me... tear gas is a much nicer option don't you think?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Always good to have the fellow cop giving their side of the story about how their hands were forced huh?
The point of my post was to point out that there was not looting and rioting going on every single night like the poster was saying. I won't say that there was no crime going on. Crime is going to happen rather this is going on or not. But yet the only heavy handed response is going against the protestors.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
Looking at all the pieces in play, it's highly possible that this is orchestrated.
My prediction is more violence tonight followed by an official order of martial law.
Dusk to dawn curfew and deadly force authorization for so much as being outside their homes

Looking at all the pieces in play tells me there's a hostile situation and people are taking advantage of the fact that the cops are handcuffed and can't properly do their jobs to keep the peace.

If the cops were as bad as you make them out to be, there would be reports of people being shot all over the place, tied back to an officers weapon. And, don't think for one second Eric Holder and Obama wouldn't be the first one to jump on that if it happened.

Like others have stated, the only ones causing any mortal wounding are the "protesters" themselves, AFTER DARK.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

Please stop strawmanning me, Its unnecessary and detrimental to the thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

I would like to have a look at the National Guard commander's rules of engagement. I'd also like to know if issue of live rounds has been authorized.

Without benefit of more accurate information than any other American on the sidelines looking into Ferguson, and thus similarly without recourse but to base my opinions on available accounts and reporting, latest developments trouble me as do shifting but steadily prevailing winds of approval for government actions there to date. That the people of America would one day not only willingly surrender their constitutional rights but also celebrate actions to limit or remove them, is something I personally have pondered for some years.

Let us carefully consider what has happened, what is unfolding, and our sharply varying attitudes toward the whole. That we are a people united loosely by a national flag yet divided by hatred, disgust, prejudice and barely clothed racism cannot be denied. Some of us see great tragedy in the killing of young Michael Brown regardless of how tempered in law abiding or criminal intent was his personality. Yet another unique mind with the potential to make choices, love, comply, achieve, offend or thieve (just like anyone else) was snuffed out.

Others among us celebrate--for lack of a better verb--the perceived comeuppance of an alleged criminal, his alleged culture and an entire community of others allegedly like him. Some have expressed glee over the application of the government boot to Ferguson's throat, cheering on the ridiculously over-armed police and their hammer down on the citizens of an American community that, believe it or not, could be our very own someday. According to many out there in America, the citizens of Ferguson are not like us and we are not like them. Thus, it's just fine and normal for their (Ferguson residents') rights to be pruned, limited, restricted or suspended.

Whether or not an "innocent" young man was wrongly slain or a police officer took a life in self defense, there is just no benefit for the rest of us in broadly judging the worth of the whole of Brown's community, his race, or the alleged cultures of either vis-à-vis the level of police armament, implied capability or intimated willingness to use said highly lethal force on a crowd of protesters exercising their constitutional rights.

I have also watched the live feeds night after night. Perhaps the media present in Ferguson have not covered all that has unfolded there, however, judging by what they have broadcast, what I have seen with my own eyes, on several occasions now, police have initiated non-lethal fire on protesters. Police have isolated the press from the center of each night's conflict, and authorities have administered force on a selective basis which makes little sense; on nights of actual looting law enforcement seems to have held back while reserving use of their ample arsenal on protesters with their hands in the air.

We Americans, we're so quick to condemn entire demographics of fellow citizens. Why? Because we think we're better, or we work harder than "those other people" or we contribute more to the economy or those "other people" aren't like us or behave in ways we cannot identify with. Outright hatred of others is so easy, isn't it? Makes us feel better, falsely reinforces our feelings of superiority, justifies our political or racial or religious beliefs and on and on.

What happens then if someday we must all unite as the citizens of one nation in order to resist active, unmistakable tyranny? We will lose, that is what I think will happen. Lose our freedom. Lose our liberty. Lose every distinction that made us Americans. We'll lose it all because individually each group we've divided ourselves into will feed on and cheer the government intrusion and perhaps annihilation of the spirit of other groups, one by one, we so love to hate. Perhaps that's just inevitable, just a symptom of being human and American or a citizen of any modern nation. If or when such a dark day becomes our reality, well, at least we'll have some idea how we failed to prevent its fruition.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
a reply to: OptimusCrime

Please stop strawmanning me, Its unnecessary and detrimental to the thread.

Is that your response to a valid argument? It's easy to turn a blind eye to the truth and create all kinds of other theories coming from nothing other than your paranoia.

"it's highly possible that this is orchestrated.
My prediction is more violence tonight followed by an official order of martial law.
Dusk to dawn curfew and deadly force authorization for so much as being outside their homes " -You

1) How is it highly possible?
2)Why would you predict that?
3)You're fear mongering.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Even if video proves this was a justifiable shooting, they find crystal meth in Brown's system and his friend recounts his statements this mess wouldn't go just away. Obviously Ferguson has a problem with the police and this is just the incident that caused everything to pop off.

It'll be tough or almost impossible to find a solution. You would have to follow the chain of cause and effect and then try to solve the origin problem. And then all of us would have to accept some hard truths and make sacrifices.

We have been trying to overcome this for well over 100 years in the U.S.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

From your source

Looting spreads to a Shoe Carnival store about 10 miles southeast of Ferguson just before midnight. Looters arrived in a group of cars, smashed windows and made off with shoes and other merchandise. It is not clear whether the hit-and-run style looting was related to the looting in Ferguson.

Tuesday was not looting or rioting. Cops shoot one more person, and a drive by takes place. Can go either way if it is mike brown related and not the everyday crime that happens all over the nation.

Wendsday was the day of the dreaded bottle throwing at the armored vehicles and police which lead to the firing of tear gas and rubber bullets onto protestors. Which your source doesn't even talk about.
Nothing about looting or rioting
Thursday is same, yes some crime happens through out the night, but again not looting and rioting.

There is a dramatic shift in the mood during Ferguson protests Thursday evening- almost jubilant. Several people stop to shake hands with police and troopers, and some stop to hug and chat with highway patrol Capt. Johnson. The streets were filled with music, free food and even laughter.

From your source about thursday
Friday is where the next looting takes place and then it is stopped by civilians as the cops stand by and watch.
Hardly every day rioting and looting

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

a reply to: HardCorps

. But yet the only heavy handed response is going against the protestors.

It's not the Protesters their after... it's the smaller minority who are brandishing weapons, setting fires, building roadblocks and barricades... if anything those innocent protesters are caught in the crossfire... but even you have to admit we're talking about two different stories...

the protesters who want justice... and the bad guys who just having a great time with all this chaos!
guess which group the Guard is going to be looking for tonight?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps
Live stream coming out of Ferguson don't know if site will let me link to it?
try this

It is so cool that whoever is livestreaming there is teaching the people around them how to livestream and helping them get everything set up. Now there will be many more livestream sources on the streets there. Brilliant.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Orwells Ghost

originally posted by: Orwells Ghost
The latest coroner's report indicates that the shooting occurred at some distance, citing the absence of powder burns on the body. I know, I know, they haven't tested the clothes, because the police still have them, but there are no powder burns on the two bullets that entered Brown's head either.

What direction was Brown moving?

According to this and this, it is asserted that Brown after initially fleeing, turned to rush the officer. Moreover, we already know the officer sustained injuries during the initial altercation within the vehicle.

So how is it that at a distance the officer decided Brown was going for his weapon?

Where did you get the officer decided this "at a distance"?

It certainly had nothing to do with a robbery the officer knew nothing about.

You can lead a horse to water....

OK, I get it. You've already made up your mind and aren't interested in exploring all of the reasonable possibilities.

Gotcha.
edit on 18-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

It doesn't add a new side, it is just the officers story told by a third party.
We already have that account.
It would be nice if the PD would release the police report, not sure that takes almost a week to write up.
It is simple cut and dry self defense right? Or are they waiting for the autopsy results so they can make sure the event matches up to that....

No, we have never had this detailed account confirmed by anyone close to the investigation...now we do.

It will be nice when the investigation is over and we get the details released...but until then, since everyone seems to be hanging on every word of Dorian Johnson and taking it as fact...I think it is important to also have the other side as well.

I still don't know what the truth is...no one really does at this point. But since we are discussing everything related to this situation...why not add this to the discussion as well?

This radio call has been out and posted in threads for 3 days...but it has never been confirmed so I never really commented on it..but not it has been confirmed by a source close to the investigation.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Shouldn't it be the cops that are protecting the businesses?
But yet they are being told to stand down?
www.infowars.com...
www.slideshare.net...

edit on thMon, 18 Aug 2014 14:14:10 -0500America/Chicago820141080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

Is that your response to a valid argument? It's easy to turn a blind eye to the truth and create all kinds of other theories coming from nothing other than your paranoia.

"it's highly possible that this is orchestrated.
Dusk to dawn curfew and deadly force authorization for so much as being outside their homes " -You

1) How is it highly possible?
2)Why would you predict that?
3)You're fear mongering.

It's not a valid argument, you base almost every argument you have on assumption and i don't want to get into one of your circular arguments. i wont be replying to you again

1. if you paid attention to whats going on around you, you would see a few things other than the inside of your box.
2. because i can
3. it's a prediction, not fact and i really don't see where it creates fear

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
Recap, Brown pushed Wilson back into the car and punched him in the face, Brown ran away then stopped, turned around and rushed Wilson, this is when Wilson shot him.

The facts do not matter, the sheep dogs have herded the sheople. The masters of puppets have their stooges in the mass media escalating the situation 24/7 with their divisionist headlines.

This is all being orchestrated by people who want to distract the masses from more important issues. Peoples businesses are being destroyed, yet no interviews.

This is bigger than just the cop defending himself against a violent thug, which is what I believe happened. Course I will say that 6 shots was excessive, but I was not there.

But yeah, if you pay very close attention to the one way sewer pipe that runs into most of our homes, the media clearly has an agenda which is to entice racial hatred. ~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join