It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: truckdriver42
I can't speak to the details of the alleged robbery, I wasn't there and am reserving judgement. My opinion however, is that these "thugs" as you put it have as much right as the police do to defend themselves from a perceived threat, be it an unarmed young black man or an armed group of uniformed white men. If you hope that a military organization shoots fellow citizens and civilians on domestic soil, then you need to take a deep breath and consider the ramifications of what it is you are hoping for.

edit on 18-8-2014 by Orwells Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Orwells Ghost

Then why does Dorian Johnson admit Brown stole the cigars?

www.ksdk.com...

Moreover, it's impossible to see what the clerk has in his hands.

edit on 18-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

I guess it's what ever you want to make out of it.

Just thought some of the members may find the timeline of things that have happened over the last few days interesting.

I did, you didn't.

Peace

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
a reply to: MrLimpet

We should also report that the protestors inside Ferguson are being told today they no longer have the right to assemble.

Per CNN so we likely need confirmation as their initial reports have drifted and been retracted lately.

Please feel free to do so.

I haven't seen that information.

link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
a reply to: kruphix

Police left his body in the street for 4 hours, denied a nurse's request to administer CPR to Michael after the shooting, did not report the shooting to dispatch, packed his body in the back of an SUV, drove over and parked on top of the makeshift memorial where he died, did not file an incident report....

Every step taken added insult to what witnesses were describing as the shooting and killing of an unarmed teenager in the middle of the afternoon. The list goes on as to why the outrage grew and grew.

And so, in your opinion, that justifies looting, rioting, burning buildings and shootings?

I'm trying really hard to understand where you are coming from...but I just don't. Nothing justifies the looting and rioting that went on. I'm not sure why you are trying so hard to say it is the cops fault that people rioted and looted instead of the fault of the people who did the rioting and looting.

link   

originally posted by: Greven
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

It's exactly the point. The point is that enough crime happened to cause the National Guard to be there. You tried to validate your point by posting multiple comments without the full conversations attached. I see how you defend your point so do what you do.
edit on Mon Aug 18 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

See above. I don't know, maybe he did steal the cigars, maybe he didn't. In any case, it's not really relevant to what followed. I only posted that video since the police decided to make the alleged theft an issue, while also stating it had nothing to do with anything while presenting it to the media.

www.newsweek.com...

edit on 18-8-2014 by Orwells Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
First, you are not to bright if you bring kids anywhere near these 'peaceful protests'. They are burning buildings and there are random shootings of said protesters.
Second, these are not peaceful protests anymore. You cannot scream "F#$$ you pigs" and then throw up your arms and say I did nothing in the same span. If there is a curfew, it is for safety, not control. The law is trying to be proactive. They, the animals in the group, are acting like spoiled children.
Third, I truly feel for the people of this community. They are held hostage by the mentality that is permeating after this incident. These 'protesters' act as if they are entitled to do and act as they are.
Last, # or get off the pot. If you want change and revolution...shoot a cop...in the head. Are you telling me that there is NO one in the city that can take one from 200 yards? Do it!

Again, I feel for those who cannot even let their kids outside for fear of jerkoffs Keeping it real!!!! Real dumb.....

People also complain they are not doing enough to prevent rioting but also for letting it happen. WTF kind of logic is this? They HAVE been asking nicely...for hours...each night.
edit on 08pm31pmf0000002014-08-18T12:39:06-05:001206 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Well it seems like the police apologists are out in force.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: truckdriver42

Most of "those people" aren't "looting like animals." Most people are peacefully protesting, a small group of people are the ones looting and making the rest of the town look bad.

Brown did not deserve to be shot 6 times for walking in the middle of the street, stealing a box of cigars, strong arm robbery, or anything else. We have a justice system in place to handle punishments for crimes.

This is not the Wild West and the Police are not, nor have they ever been, judge, jury and executioner.

Were the 7 shootings in Chicago police related shootings??
edit on 18-8-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: spelling

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Mainstream media is starting to pick up on it... CBS just tweeted

Vladimir DuthiersVerified account
‏@vladduthiersCBS Police are saying demonstrators can use the sidewalk just can't be on property...But there is still a small crowd milling about the premises

looks like the cops will hold to their promise and not allow anyone to gather today

Antonio French ✔ @AntonioFrench
Follow
Police have taken over the QT and the lot of Red's Barbeque on W. Florissant. No parking or loitering allowed.

edit on 18-8-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I don't think anyone has compiled a full list...that map that someone else linked is a good start though.

Do you need the exact numbers in order to admit that these things are happening?

From what I heard in the past week, I know for sure 12 stores were looted the first night of looting (QT, Tire store, Beauty supply store, shoe store, chop suey, liquor store, to name a few). The Ferguson market was looted after the video of Brown stealing from there came out. I know the QT was burnt, dominos was started on fire, Chop Suey was started on fire. Two people were shot last night and one person the night before.

I'm curious...what's your angle here...are you denying that looting, rioting, arson, and shootings are happening?
edit on Mon Aug 18 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime
It's exactly the point. The point is that enough crime happened to cause the National Guard to be there. You tried to validate your point by posting multiple comments without the full conversations attached. I see how you defend your point so do what you do.

So How Much Crime Happened?
Thus my line of inquiry. He seems to have some idea. I'd like to know and others would as well. Alluding to all the stuff that supposedly happened without any hard numbers is a bit disingenuous, don't you think?

That other thread was closed for a reason. Read the reason. ATS has a system that embeds the post, and I made use of it. Accusing me of not showing 'the full conversation' is highly illogical in light of that fact.
edit on 12Mon, 18 Aug 2014 12:45:07 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Governor Jay Nixon says there will be no curfew in #Ferguson tonight; National Guard's role will be limited in scope.

Hope they brought marshmallows and hotdogs cause that city is gonna burn tonight!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Thus my line of inquiry. He seems to have some idea. I'd like to know and others would as well. Alluding to all the stuff that supposedly happened without any hard numbers is a bit disingenuous, don't you think?

That other thread was closed for a reason. Read the reason. ATS has a system that embeds the post, and I made use of it. Accusing me of not showing 'the full conversation' is highly illogical in light of that fact.

I think he answered your question. But the tire store alone had over $100,000 in damages and thefts.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Please~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let's please keep to the topic.....keep member remarks out of the discussion....do not derail...Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

You are responsible for your own posts.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Has the identity of the National Guard unit/s deployed been released?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

go read this..It's a blog post from a St Louis Officer and he doesn't pull any punches on what's going on that no one wants to admit too
edit on 18-8-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
So Malik Shabazz from the New Black Panthers is on CNN right now.

Even he is calling for a moratorium on protests after sundown. Even he sees the issues that are happening after dark in Ferguson.

It says something when The New Black Panthers are calling for people to go in after dark and yet still people on these threads want MORE protests after dark.

At least someone is talking logic out in Ferguson.

I'm sure Shabazz would love to be the one to schedule 1st Amendment times and places.

Wonder what his true agenda is ?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join