It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Emergency Declared in Ferguson - Curfew from 12 am to 5am - Now National Guard

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime
There were multiple nights of rioting, you can pick whatever one you feel gives you the best shot it attempting to win your argument, which you won't.. You pull at straws and try to deflect the truth. THERE ARE RIOTS AND SHOOTINGS. Does is matter what night?

Yes.

LoL, whatever you say.

This thread is ongoing and IMO any night is able to be discussed, not one's you choose.

Let's do that then:
Everywhere in this thread you construct strawmen, etc.

I'm not about rioting and looting being ignored by most people on ATS and blaming every police officer out there.

I get it, you're a criminal apologist, that's cool, but 100's of people burning/breaking and destroying things is a pretty big deal. I'm shocked you can't see this.

Most of you on here hating on the cops and country are probably the first ones in line when there's a free handout though aren't you.

You show videos from last Sunday claiming what happened there happened because the police were held back.
To back that point, you cite a source talking about events Wednesday.

Then there's all of this:

What have you witnessed other than a video online?

It was still said and shows that some of these protesters still want blood.

I'm just responding, if you don't want my fing input dont fing ask for it.

(after police initiate violence against protestors)

How's the peaceful protesting going?

Awwww, are you getting angry over there, buddy. Sorry, didn't mean to upset you.

Continue to name call and have a temper tantrum.

You're name calling like a child and you need to grow up Enlightened One. Why don't you tell me why my post is "STUPID" instead of sounding like a child.

Come on now. A perfectly organized protest like this? It's all the cops fault.
I feel sorry for the people that just want to live their normal lives in that town without people shooting guns and destroying things.

I'm not talking to you, your babysitter is busy restarting a dropped topic so you should direct your anger towards them.

Storm trooper response. Bwahahaha. Face the fact these people are killing others, burning places down and playing games with the cops.

How many murders have happened during these protests, by the way?

You have behaved with immense disrespect in this thread, towards basically everyone. You are acting like a thug.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Holy hell man... Thank you so much for posting this. It was about time someone finally collectivized all the BS he has been purporting.

Star +

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
So, National Guard coming in...I was just thinking, that no-fly zone instituted on Aug. 12 is set to expire in just over two hours - the same time the curfew ends. This end-time for the no-fly zone was set 6 days ago. Strike anyone but me as odd? The curfew implementation came AFTER the no-fly zone...

Source

Anywho...just my brain rattling, I suppose.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
a reply to: ChaosComplex

We need compassionate soldiers without fear.

Hahaha looked up and predict a text said without gear.

It takes a certain level of compassion to raise someone else's kid as your own, as my stepdad did for me. However, compassion is not always displayed in terms of rainbows and unicorn farts. Compassion can be simply manually neutralizing a target without lethal force. There is no reason to expect any force dealing with a situation like this to be gentle and kind in their efforts to dismantle the gathering, whether they claim to be peaceful or not. I do believe, however, that the NG will be more stable than the Police force, as many police officers carry a chip on their shoulder and have issues with control and authority etc., which in my opinion renders them more likely to succumb to anger and aggression.

You may or may not have seen my post a few pages back about a recent similar situation in my neighborhood, involving U.S. Marshalls and a man wanted for attempted murder losing his life because he refused to give up without a fight. Everyone has this horrible image of what authoritative figures with guns are capable of, yet they insist on testing their luck and playing with fire. When I was talking to a friend about it I said something like "When U.S. Marshalls are involved, it becomes a 'Yes, sir. No, sir' situation."

I'm all for standing up for yourself against the authorities, I have the record to prove it. Interestingly enough I inherited that view from my stepdad. He has a sticker on his motorcycle shed that says "Support your local police department, beat yourself up!" because...well, that's another thread altogether
But there has to be a point where you draw a line for yourself, and understand that if you cross that line you're going to a place that you may not be able to return from. I hope the citizens of Ferguson have drawn that line, and I hope they keep it within sight. This could very easily get ugly for everyone.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
a reply to: Bigburgh

The reason i said depending on what unit. 11B will have a lot more discipline and won't just start firing until fired upon.
Some of the other units,, i just don't know

You have my attention!
As a product of 5 navy, 1 AF and a gov/off from rock ville MD...erhoffagh..cough Langley VA..
You are talking national police...

Crap for real?

Who is showing? There was no Presser on other than locally grown guardsmen..
Was there not...

( twisting Johny blue O'92 )

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ikonoklast

If you're trying to find some of the posts about the people who were bused in, maybe these are what you're looking for:

ATS Link 1

ATS Link 2

ATS Link 3

ATS Link 4

I have to add that after the discrepancy between a reporter and what the police said about molotov cocktails tonight (whether it was true or false), it's difficult to know what to believe about that. So these have interesting and possibly important information, but it needs further research. Maybe others know more. I have a feeling there's a lot more to know about this.

Yes I got that all...

Thanks very much

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Missouri NG command will select who will go to Ferguson
Thats all anyone will know until they choose

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut

Missouri NG command will select who will go to Ferguson
Thats all anyone will know until they choose

God help us...
It will be OK..
Just very tense till the trail..
Then tense....

Then post Rodney king...
Then o.j..Simpson like......

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
The National Guard in Nashville in '68 weren't menacing at all but they weren't even dressed in riot gear, just fatigues and helmets.
There's a photo on wiki: en.wikipedia.org...
They didn't bother protest marches and they had the support of the local NAACP to quell any looting from outside forces.
If my memory is correct, the worst thing the unruly had to worry about was getting hit with blasts from fire hoses and water cannon. While that can be quite painful I'm told, it doesn't cause the type of damages that today's non-lethal weapons do. Those noise weapons are horrible! Talk about punishing the just and unjust---what about the innocents living in the neighborhood?

Now? I simply don't know. It's a different world completely. The black community doesn't have a Dr. King today. Perhaps someone will step forward with a bit of leadership and a lot of charisma.
This martial law declaration is the very thing that cooler heads were trying to avoid happening. Now there are no civil rights because the governor said so. It's legal if he says so as I understand the law from a couple of sources who are Constitutional attorneys.
Evidently the governor has seen enough to realize that the police can't quell the masses.
My prayers are with them....everyone dealing directly with this mess.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
Pretty darn good coverage from a satirist but you know, it's poking fun at CNN, too. He's not missing a beat.

I keep tryin to star your post, humor is awesome especially when its the truth, everyone should watch this video!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

NATIONAL GUARD BEING CALLED IN. Posting for haste.

governor.mo.gov...

The executive order at your link says he is calling in the national guard due to:

...criminal activity that included firing upon law enforcement officers, shooting a civilian, throwing Molotov cocktails, looting, and a coordinated attempt to block roads and overrun the Unified Command Center.

Part of that is true, and some other parts may be true. But the Molotov cocktails have been called false by at least one reporter who was there (and he had video). And according to witnesses on the live feeds, saying people were trying to "overrun the Unified Command Center" may be quite an exaggeration or at least an extreme interpretation.

Don't get me wrong, I can clearly see why given everything that has been done by some on both sides this is probably inevitable and maybe necessary. They have pretty much blown any other opportunities to resolve things. Not sure if this could have been avoided.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

I really enjoyed that. I hope people did see past the humor to realize this community can't deescalate themselves.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

Agreed. I saw on the footage that one journalist with the blonde hair, horn rimmed glasses and white v neck tshirt had of the start of the whole mess tonight. He said there was no molotov. If there was none as being claimed as the provocation, then did those officers not deliberately instigate the actions tonight? I'd really love to know who that journalist is and see that footage of his on somewhere say, national tv?

I also noted one other thing. There was a reference to yet another county pd being there tonight in Ferguson. Did you catch that? When outside departments were pulled in for an anti-police brutality protest on the evening of Oct. 25, 2011, well, that didn't go well either and Oakland PD went into federal oversight for it (and prior actions). Doesn't seem to be a good move in a loosely contained situation when you have guys new to the area, possibly unidentifiable by observers, also in the fray with LTLs.

I don't like any of this. You know, the last time that the NG was called in for protests was Kent State. LA Riots were riots. And Kent State? Nixon administration. Another Nixon, another NG called into a protest. Maybe people shouldn't vote Nixons into office anymore.

edit on 18/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: tired, lacking clarity

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: kx12x
a reply to: WhiteAlice

So I guess that means martial law?

Based on the wording, I'd say it might not be based on the wording of the Exec Order itself. It basically says that the Adjutant General of the Missouri National Guard will be supporting civilian authorities and other assistance decided by the Governor himself. Martial law would be if the the Missouri National Guard took over completely, I think.

I think?

governor.mo.gov...

One of the laws he is citing as authorizing him to do this, Section 41.480 RSMo, is titled Organized militia when called to duty--martial law. It says:

41.480. 1. The governor may, when in his opinion the circumstances so warrant, call out the organized militia or any portion or individual thereof to execute the laws, suppress actual and prevent threatened insurrection and repel invasion. The governor, if in his judgment the maintenance of law and order will thereby be promoted, may by proclamation declare martial law throughout the state or any part thereof.

2. The governor may, when in his opinion circumstances so warrant, call out the organized militia or any portion thereof as he deems necessary to provide emergency relief to a distressed area in the event of earthquake, flood, tornado or other actual or threatened public catastrophe creating conditions of distress or hazard to public health and safety beyond the capacities of local or other established agencies.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

So yes to it being martial law for sure? Brain rotting fatigue makes legalese read like Chinese.

link   

originally posted by: ikonoklast

Much speculation, for sure. I just now heard on Fox2now in St. Louis a reporter responding to a question about gunshots being fired. He said he wasn't sure and that he had also heard that may have been fireworks being shot off.

I hope that the authorities can tell the difference between fireworks and gunshots, but yeah, lots of speculation.
edit on 18-8-2014 by kalunom because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm still stuck on the interview giving testimony that the police aren't properly trained to use their weapons.

I'm still thinking too much COD

edit on 18-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: HomerinNC
"additional steps" huh???
what are those I wonder....

Hopefully an earlier curfew and the National Guard.

you want this to happen what is wrong with you ?...other than the obvious that is

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

But this is exactly the problem...everyone is defending criminal activity. Either directly or indirectly by saying that the police are the cause of this criminal activity by just being there or by responding when the public or they themselves are in danger.

No, my friend. Criminal activity cannot be condoned. But ... Do you want to see the looters shot amidst the protest?

The whole situation needs to be de-escalated.

The point is ... the authorities are not de-escalating ... they are throwing gasoline on the fire.

I don't worry so much about the looters, because whatever being looted is insured. Get the looters away from the protesters and I could give a care less if the ARE shot. The problem is you can't sort them out in a group. The looters know this and are taking advantage. There are always going to be a-holes somewhere. What you don't do is force things to a point where lots of innocent people get all shot up because they want to exercise their rights.

And _rights_ are just that ... they're not something that gets turned-on or turned-off based on some situation. They're RIGHTS.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

You're welcome.

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!" - The Great and Powerful Oz

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89 >>

join