It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut
What the actual F?

So... if Martial Law is instated, who would be calling the shots? POTUS?

If it did happen, I'm afraid that the last thing they'd end up doing is "protecting" anyone, given the way things have been going so far.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: GenerationGap

How can anyone, on any side of the political spectrum or world, still believe in disarming American citizens when America has tanks rolling in her streets?

Think about that. Think about the "coincidence" that exists. The government is rolling tanks out onto city streets while at the same time trying to convince that same America to disarm. Anyone who think the timing of things is simply incidental, think again.

Or could it possible be that the police are forced to be this heavily armed due to the fact that the populace is heavily armed as well?

The American public is never going to be better armed than the police or the military...it is just a pipe dream of 2nd amendment supporters.

It's like a security blanket for them...they tell themselves that their guns are going to protect them from the big bad government...but if it came down to it...their guns will do absolutely nothing to protect them.

You pose the same arguments loyalists posed in 1776. We will never be as well armed as the British so resistance to the king's tyranny is futile.

The reply to your argument has not changed in the over 200 years since it was posed.

Yes, we will be out armed. But this is our land. We know this land better and we will use this land better. We also out number our transgressor of rights many fold. With will we will prevail, there is no other potential outcome.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I've been saying the same exact thing.

There was no need for that type of response, especially under the circumstances that were in play. And people wonder why citizens were whipping bottles? Smh.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Right? i can hear it now.
We're declaring Martial law to protect the protesters!
*martial law in effect*
"Your constitutional rights have been suspended! stay in your homes! do not leave them! anyone caught outdoors will be met with deadly force!"

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

The whole thing was just shocking from the start... the shooting - obviously, the fact the left the body in the street, the fact that no EMT was called.
And yes, even when a vigil was taking place and there was a sombre, outpouring of grief, police still come and stomp all over it.

I'd be pissed too... and yes, I think the rioting and all of the "trouble" started because of that and the Police's confrontational, aggressive manner.

Even if none of the provocation had happened we now have the Military Police forcibly stopping and removing reporters, attacking them and confiscating cameras.

This situation is beyond F'd up.
edit on 14/8/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Here's a tid bit of interesting data. That goes to indicate what part of the problem is.

Ferguson Police Department's Race Relations in Spotlight

The Ferguson Police Department in Missouri has found itself in the national spotlight this week after one of its officers shot and killed unarmed black teenager Michael Brown in broad daylight Saturday.

Images of the police clashing with protesters have highlighted the racial tensions in the town. Many of the protesters are black, while the police force is nearly entirely white.

The police department has three black officers and 47 white officers, or about 6 percent black officers, according to the Ferguson police chief. The city of Ferguson, meanwhile, is about 68 percent African American, according to U.S. Census data.
abcnews.go.com...

Over the years the demograph of the community has changed to being predominantly black. Yet, the governing agencies, have not changed with the community. That would have been the healthy way for local government to grow with the community.

Des

edit on 14-8-2014 by Destinyone because: add link to news source

link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShutOh wow, just what we all would need, a military presence there to keep the demonstrators in check and the National Guard to protect the protesters...What a recipe for disaster or WW3 on our own shores. One twitchy trigger finger and it's all over. What are they all on relevant to coming up with such ideas? Crazy or what. What a bassackwards world anymore. In a world gone mad....well, "just beam me up Scotty", I'm ready to go.

link   
Hey folks? Honest question.. Can anyone find a timeline where that neighborhood vigil is shown for sequence of events?

I'm looking at two right now. One from the local CBS Affiliate and one from M-TV News (hey, you'd be surprised where they have real people working that personally ask questions sometimes).

Neither of those mentions that vigil to place it for sequence, and the cops seem totally unprepared for a riot at that stage, with a sense of control over a situation that proved quickly enough to be totally beyond it...so it seems that may have preceeded the first violence/rioting?

I

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I would like to add that these militarized riot officers are making individual choices. Saying:

"I was only following orders."

...is a cowardly, and completely unacceptable answer. These officers have a CHOICE. They can choose to pull the trigger, or not. They are humans, not robots, and have the ability to disobey orders if they feel that those orders are wrong. And firing rubber bullets and tear gas at citizens and journalists who they are there to protect and serve is most definitely wrong, and I'd be willing to bet that if you asked them individually they would agree that the order to fire was wrong. But the problem is that they are not held individually accountable for their actions, their names are not known, and you can't just find them on facebook or call their cell phones, or show up at their houses and ask them why they did what they did. Or ask their family and friends why they are acting in such a manner.

They have a choice, and "following orders" is not an excuse for your actions as an individual.
edit on 14-8-2014 by AutOmatIc because: punctuation

edit on 14-8-2014 by AutOmatIc because: robots

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: shrevegal
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShutOh wow, just what we all would need, a military presence there to keep the demonstrators in check and the National Guard to protect the protesters...What a recipe for disaster or WW3 on our own shores. One twitchy trigger finger and it's all over. What are they all on relevant to coming up with such ideas? Crazy or what. What a bassackwards world anymore. In a world gone mad....well, "just beam me up Scotty", I'm ready to go.

I think you're missing something.
Martial law would mean the military steps in and the normal laws are void until further notice.
there would be nobody there to protect anything except the governments interests

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I bet in the future threads like this one might be illegal or shut down by some means. It may seem unlikely but all i see is more and more power being wielded through these events.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Man you guys called it, already calls for marital law to 'protect' the protestors
www.newsweek.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There have been accusations of molotov cocktails last night and at least one photo of people allegedly trying to light one. These articles and the photos and videos in them give some interesting back story about that.

Gateway Pundit: Chicago Communists, New Black Panthers Infiltrate #Ferguson Riots (Photos-Video)

The News Commentator: TNC Exclusive: Communist Group From Chicago Bussing Members into St. Louis to Hijack The #Ferguson Protests and Start a Revolution

Essentially, the articles contend that the people who allegedly threw molotov cocktails were part of a communist group from Chicago that came in to instigate violence during a peaceful protest to try to spark revolution. Some of the photos show people holding banners with the name of one such group and saying they are from Chicago.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I know that this Rep. is calling for it, but what is actually being said and shown by public officials is a greatly decreased police presence. Thanks for that link though, nonetheless.

S+

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
a reply to: kruphix

I said "with the exception of rubber bullets" no, those sting but they aren't that bad.
those other less lethal rounds will maim you.
yes, i would rather be shot by an actual bullet than by, lets say, a wooden plug or a super sock.

So you would rather die than get hurt?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

I would rather die than undergo the destruction and costly surgeries to repair the damage those can do.
inhumane is still inhumane whether it's deemed legal or not

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

Ok...Shay's Rebellion was still met with a state sponsored army and put down.

So yes, I don't think the founders would have a problem at all with the police force in Ferguson showing up to discourage riots and looting.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: GenerationGap

Yes, we will be out armed. But this is our land. We know this land better and we will use this land better. We also out number our transgressor of rights many fold. With will we will prevail, there is no other potential outcome.

Your response doesn't make sense when you are speaking to others that live in the same land as you. Ferguson is the police officers city too...they are fighting to keep it safe from rioters and looters.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ikonoklast
There have been accusations of molotov cocktails last night and at least one photo of people allegedly trying to light one. These articles and the photos and videos in them give some interesting back story about that.

Gateway Pundit: Chicago Communists, New Black Panthers Infiltrate #Ferguson Riots (Photos-Video)

The News Commentator: TNC Exclusive: Communist Group From Chicago Bussing Members into St. Louis to Hijack The #Ferguson Protests and Start a Revolution

Essentially, the articles contend that the people who allegedly threw molotov cocktails were part of a communist group from Chicago that came in to instigate violence during a peaceful protest to try to spark revolution. Some of the photos show people holding banners with the name of one such group and saying they are from Chicago.

It doesn't matter where the group is from, they are still causing issues.

Do you see the people of Ferguson turning on these people throwing bottles or molotoves and turning them into police?

This is just more of a reason for people who truly want to peacefully protest to do so away from these groups who only want to gather at night in the middle of the street. Protest during the day...peacefully...then go home at night.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: GenerationGapHi, so true G, One should never underestimate the fighting spirit of man relevant to protecting his land, his family, his country. The human species can be a tenacious lot. Look at Afghanistan folks...they have been warring with Russia, US and other folks for ages and yet they still exist. They do not have the technology/weapons that some of the other nations have, yet, they continue on. What is the word...asymmetrical warfare, the one where the common citizenry defends and fights and fights the oppressors in every way they can...guns, arrows, knives, expl*sive devices, rocks, rockets...whatever, and they prevail against seemingly tremendous odds. The game is not stacked in their favor and yet they go on. That is what would happen here if push comes to too much shove and that is what TPTB fear. I hope it never comes to that.

Of course there would be many deaths but freedom does come at a price and when our own loved ones are in danger, we will leave the tv and get it together and do what needs to be done to insure our childrens future as best we can and protect ourselves and our family and neighbors as best we can. The "common man" should never be under estimated. Most of us love this land, this dirt....the American soil. We want safety but not at the cost of becoming slaves to the military/industrial complex. I think anyone here would fight like a mother tiger protecting her cubs if the need ever comes. I hope it doesn't but who knows.

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join