It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok
In the video it looks like the owner snatched some back out of his hand while he was walking out the door, the big dude turned around like he was gonna toss him a beating, then instead turned back around and walked out with the rest.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
KARG Live Stream

This appears to be live, but keeps breaking up on me. Anyone have a better stream going that they could share?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
a reply to: Myrtales Instinct

Even if what you say is true or even if that crappy surveillance video is of Brown (which I have issues with--shoes, red hat, guy in surveillance camera is larger among a few things), it still does NOT matter.

1. The 18 year old was unarmed. Even if he had attempted to grab the gun, all that says is that he was, in fact, unarmed.

2. The 18 year unarmed kid was running away from the shooting officer. At that point, the shooting officer was in zero danger from him.

3. The 18 year unarmed kid and witnesses stated that he stopped, after being fired upon, and put his hands up. At that point, the shooting officer was both in control of the situation and still in zero danger.

4. The officer, instead of making any form of arrest, unloaded 6 shots in the 18 year old unarmed kid.

It doesn't matter if he had robbed a store using muscle.

He was unarmed and had his hands up.

It doesn't matter if he had even punched the officer in the face just a minute prior.

He was unarmed and had his hands up.

It doesn't matter if he had stolen 20 packs of swisher sweets. Simple robbery, in this country, is not punishable by death.

Police officers are to arrest. They are not judge, jury, and executioner. The use of deadly force is not acceptable unless it is absolutely warranted. Shooting an unarmed kid several steps away from you is not an immediate threat nor does it warrant the use of deadly force.

And that's IF the man on the video is the same and I have doubts on that count.

To YOU it may not matter that he had just robbed a store moments earlier and that he shoved some man who was way smaller than him, nor it may not matter to you that the two young gentlemen knew good and well what had just went down moments earlier when THEY decided to have a cocky attitude with the cop. We pick and choose our battles in this life and this young man picked a crappy battle because he was in the wrong from the get-go.

Let me give you an example of a good battle. I mentioned earlier that SWAT had my house surrounded on more than one occasion. Technically it wasn't SWAT the second time - it was the DEA. We weren't home went it went down and I had to rely on neighbors to tell me, that the DEA working in concert with other officials swooped in and surrounded my house. They proceeded to kick open the door and hunt for my son, who didn't even live here at the time.

Years before that my husband had been in an altercation about a mile down the road from our house and that did put SWAT, Snipers, Sheriffs, State Police and you name it surrounding my home. An argument at his parents turned into an assault and the cops were called. They wanted to take my husband to jail but he was not willing to come out of the house without a warrant for his arrest. Produce the warrant and he would go. We picked our battle. My daughter (who is since deceased) had a friend over staying the night and I told the girl to call her parents and have them come and get her. Things went from bad to worse. They blocked off our entire street. My son, returning home had to park on a different street and they allowed him to walk past their barriers and up to the house. He walked back outside and yelled back in that officers were all around our house with shotguns trained on us. One officer yelled "Get him!" My son took off running and he was caught, thrown to the ground and arrested.

Finally after about six hours (still with no warrant for an arrest or one to enter my house) a "Negotiator" called and they told me that I was not in any trouble and that if he would just come out and let them arrest him, I could follow then down to the Sheriff department and bond him out. I grab my purse, keys and checkbook and follow him out. They arrested him first and damn if SWAT didn't come out of the bushes and tell me to put my hands behind my back.

They wouldn't even tell me what I was being arrested for. Took us in on a Friday night and because they were so pissed off at us I couldn't even bond out. I had my first appearance Monday around 1:00 pm. My charges were obstruction of justice, obstruction of official business and child endangerment. The judge plead not guilty for me and I was to be released on my own recognizance. And OH the trumped up charges!!

As I was being led out of court and loaded back into their van for transport back to the jail - they re-arrested me. This time it was conspiracy to commit kidnapping (they actually charged my husband with kidnapping). That is a serious charge! Long story short, we was all over the news and papers. While in jail my daughter told me news crews were outside the house filming and she screamed for them to leave but they told her they had the right to be there blah, blah, blah. One of my husbands employees bonded him out and he bonded me out the next day.

Long story short, two attorney's at 200 per hour and three and half days in jail I'll never get back, social services and all the associated drama with them and every single charge against me was dropped. My husbands trumped up charges were dropped as well and the assault plead down to a domestic violence charge. He was sentenced to seven more days.

Moral of the story - I picked my battle, I was in the right and had the checkbook to back it up.

I had done nothing nothing wrong - these two adults can't say that.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MyMindIsMyOwn
What, the site I linked to in my very post?

I found a few others, potentially the same person - at least the same DOB and name - (like Michael Brown, not exactly an uncommon name), but it ain't exactly something to brag about:
11AC-CR02064 - ST V DORIAN J JOHNSON
"Description: Making False Report [ Misdemeanor B RSMo: 575.080 ]
Defendant sentenced to 30 days in the Cole County Jail, SES, placed on 2 years unsupervised probation.Defendant to pay the court costs in the amount of $118.50, within 30 days or time payment fee of $25.00 will be applied.Defendant given 90 days to pay or Debt will be released to Debt Collection/Tax Offset. Defendant to complete 40 hours Community Service by 3-28-13. Defendant sentenced to 2 days in the Cole County Jail, credit 2 days"

1422-AD00555 - ANGELA R LITTLE V DORIAN J JOHNSON (E-CASE)
"ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER FILED, BEGINNING MAY 15, 2014 DORIAN JOHNSON SHALL PAY CURRENT CHILD SUPPORT TO THE FSPC IN THE AMOUNT OF $41.00 FOR SUPPORT OF THE MINOR CHILD. "

1322-AD00465 - LARESHA COTIA VIVIAN WHITE V DORIAN JARVIS JOHNSON
"ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER FILED. BEGINNING 04-15-2013 DORIAN JOHNSON SHALL PAY CURRENT CHILD SUPPORT TO THE FAMILY SUPPORT PAYMENT CENTER IN THE AMOUNT OF $271.00 PER MONTH FOR SUPPORT OF THE MINOR CHILD "

Woo. Hardened criminal.
edit on 20Fri, 15 Aug 2014 20:01:40 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: removed personal info but accidentally took out the case # & name

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MyMindIsMyOwn

fox2now.com...=RpMDJ2MzpHHWm- 7tBc5qSL6BfybuvCyn

hope that works

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Again, no, not from your link... from the website posted by the other member.

Now.. back to the point of the thread. I would suggest that if we wish to discuss this further we start a new thread on it.
edit on 15-8-2014 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: Removed posting address comment

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonlover12

Works just perfectly. Thanks dragonlover12! (By the way, seems like forever since I've seen you posting around here. Glad to see you!)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyMindIsMyOwn

Again, no, not from your link... from the website posted by the other member.

Now.. back to the point of the thread. I would suggest that if we wish to discuss this further we start a new thread on it.

The link I posted is to the same website that those screenshots were taken from. It's the same place. The guy is wrong. I refuse to back down from people slandering others.
edit on 20Fri, 15 Aug 2014 20:06:44 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Your experience being as it was, Brown should have had, like you, a chance of a fair trial for his accused crime. He was unarmed. I've never been arrested. Should I judge you for having SWAT and the DEA surround your home? No? Good because I'm glad that justice was appropriately served for you. Justice doesn't mean getting off easy from a crime nor does it get served on a street. It gets served in a courtroom. That's what our Fifth Amendment is for.

The Fifth Amendment for your review:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

It's called Due Process. You got it. Brown didn't. Whether or not the police officer's use of his gun was justified is not up to you or I. It's up to the DoJ and the FBI at this point.

Additionally, just because a person may do A crime doesn't mean that they did B.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Then my apologies... I have several tabs open and got things mixed up. You are correct your link and his screen shot is of the same site.
edit on 15-8-2014 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

If Dorian Johnson was less than truthful in what he told in the interview, then I'm not so sure that the police car door "ricocheted" off them like he claims.

What if he tried to stop the cop from getting out of his car? You know strong arming the cop just as he did the clerk - then what?

Is that okay too?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Would be nice if the cops there were not so cheap that they didn't buy cameras and could prove what they say with video.....

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
a reply to: ikonoklast

There's a pretty clear picture of Brown dead on the ground out there that I came across. Brown was wearing sandals. Furthermore, according to Dorian Johnson, it was them as reported by KSDK news. Whether or not it's Brown in the footage is irrelevant now that Johnson has confirmed it via his attorney.

www.ksdk.com...

I find it very confusing and disturbing that in that same article, the police chief went on record with this comment,

Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson said the officer involved in the shooting -- identified as Darren Wilson -- had gone to the area after a 911 call reporting the robbery. He says a dispatcher gave a description of the suspect, and that Wilson encountered Brown a few minutes before another officer arrived.

That is a detailed step by step account of something that he now says did not happen. Very detailed and thought out description. What?

Why did he say that and based on what documentation?

If this has been cleared up I apologize because I am still a few pgs back in my reading trying to catch up.

Great coverage, points and questions by members here.

And Des thank you to you too for staying on this story as news developed today. Very helpful. You rock.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Just an FYI. Missouri Case Net IS NOT a reliable source in any way, shape or remote form to say someone did something, because THAT site says they did. It doesn't have Social Security number cross reference. It doesn't do Missouri DL cross reference. It's not even accurate, and has a disclaimer on there somewhere to warn clearly of that.

I use it myself, and have quite a bit. That is how I'm familiar with it. Now before anyone thinks that's funny for what I just said above, I'll clarify I use it as a reference to then ask someone about what I found or as a secondary source to something I already know about. It's never...ever...a primary or sole source for anything.

It has an entry for me that is totally inaccurate, and suggests a serious offense in a screw up for a plea to a traffic ticket. Never corrected..and someone would think I might be a felon by how the stupid thing list an "or" for the classification. It always gets cleared up..but...GIGO is a saying which fits. I also know a neighbor has cases on him from the past which Case.net shows nothing about. Not a peep...while showing other cases he also does have, and some 2 other "hims" have which wouldn't be distinguishable if you didn't know the counties here and how far apart the ones listed in that case actually are. Totally different people...

So.. be vewy vewy careful using Missouri Case.net for anything but reference material. (The State Police will run a records check for a public request, BTW. It takes $11.00 and a formal request. Missouri is a very strong open records state)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

2nd time today, that I got a reply that, I'm sorry, makes no sense. I've been following the case, I don't need you to tell me what's what, but thanks. I made a simple statement, the Brown family had a spokesman on today. I'm sorry if you missed it......

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Thanks, I hadn't seen that about Dorian Johnson confirming through his attorney.

Wow, interesting Twitter find. That does strongly corroborate witness accounts regarding many of the shots.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Looks like things are spirialing out of control again. Twitter #ferguson has reports that media are again being asked to stop filming and leave. Cops threaten tear gas if protesters don't leave

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I was really curious about the news articles claiming:

...the people who allegedly threw molotov cocktails were part of a communist group from Chicago that came in to instigate violence during a peaceful protest to try to spark revolution

(Sorry to reply to and quote my own post, just finally had some time to look into this.]

It made me wonder who the people are behind this, if true. Who else is connected? What they are up to? How does this tie into this mess? And I must admit, I could not help but think Chicago... communists... revolutionaries... community organizers...

The communist group the articles referred to is apparently Revolution Club Chicago. They actually carried banners at the protest Wednesday night identifying themselves. Their Facebook page reveals their website is for the Revolutionary Communist Party, USA (RCP). I'm not a communist or Marxist and never heard of them, but here are two totally different perspectives on who they are:

The Wikipedia entry is pretty much the all rainbows and unicorns perspective.

The DiscoverTheNetworks entry paints a picture that is pretty much the opposite of the Wikipedia entry:

...the premier Maoist party in the United States... members and ex-members of the U.S. Communist Party... radicals founded the Progressive Labor Movement (PLM)... ...PLM renamed itself the Progressive Labor Party (PLP)... join[ed] forces with... Students for a Democratic Society (SDS)... Opposition to PLP tactics led to... the Revolutionary Youth Movement... split into two factions -- ... the notorious terrorist group Weatherman; the other... the Bay Area Revolutionary Union... which would become the Revolutionary Communist Party...

...principal objectives... foment civil unrest in the United States... April 29, 1992... RCP members looted and trashed... Los Angeles, triggering... Rodney King riots. ...RCP activists helped lead the riots... 58 people dead, more than 2,300 people injured, some 5,300 buildings burned, and $1 billion in property damaged or destroyed.

Robert Avakian is RCP's Founder and current "Chairman-in-Exile." ...1981 criminal indictments issued against him and several other RCP leaders for their break-in to White House grounds during a presidential ceremony, Avakian and his cohorts fled to Paris... RCP National Council member C. Clark Kissinger... founded... Refuse & Resist... Not In Our Name and World Can’t Wait.

When you start researching prominent names associated with RCP and its offshoots, you find names ranging from Ed Asner and Jane Fonda to Van Jones and Bill Ayers, although Jones and Ayers seem to have much deeper connections to RCP.

Interestingly, another communist splinter group from SDS, the apparently now defunct Marxist International Movement (MIM), claims RCP is a CIA front inseparable from the CIA. There is a re-hosted old article on this here - WARNING - the home page of this site says the FBI tracks their visitors!

Great, I saw the FBI warning after visiting that last site. Perhaps this is a good time to reiterate I am not a communist or Marxist. And I do NOT advocate revolution - it doesn't look to me like revolutions turn out well for people very often. The FBI might learn more investigating alleged outside instigators in Ferguson with molotov cocktails. Perhaps someone powerful and influential who hangs out with people affiliated with RCP may know more. (Whoops...)

I have no idea if this is 'six degrees of separation' at work or if the rabbit hole goes deeper. I suspect the latter. I thought about making a new thread out of this, but decided I should shut up before I blow up in a car running into a tree with the engine thrown 50 or 60 yards away. If anyone else wants to run with this, the info here should get you off to a good start.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Can someone fill me in? What happened? That one State Police Captain Johnson seemed to have things calmed down. Tonight things exploded again? Tear gas, flash bangs, and armored vehicles again? And looting? But also protesters trying to stop looters and police chasing the protesters, not the looters?

Some are saying on Twitter that they think Capt. Johnson and the State Police were set up and cut out and either the Ferguson or St. Louis county police are back in charge. Anyone know what's going on?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Apparently you are right:

Michael Brown Killing: Police in Ferguson Fire Tear Gas Amid Looting

Armored vehicles rolled back onto the streets of Ferguson early Saturday, as riot police faced off with looters in the Missouri town gripped by protests since the fatal police shooting of an unarmed black teen.

The violence broke the brief period of calm that had settled over Ferguson, Missouri, after outrage over the shooting of Michael Brown spilled over.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I can't defend looting and violence, peaceful assembly is one thing, but looting and violence is another.

new topics

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join