It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Nixon wants to save his own potential V.P ass. In order to be considered for such high federal political office one must demonstrate their own ease at crapping on their constituents.

Missouri really should have followed through with it's impeachment of him.

edit on 16-8-2014 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Frankly, I think a lot of Missouri will look at this right now and think to themselves "What has this got to do with me? Why care?".

Sure, it's a suburb of St Louis at the moment, but the precedent of using the tactics is what is such an outrage here. Once that has been established as an acceptable baseline, this won't be the last place we see a response like this to things that would never have rated anything like this before.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves
Good, I hope there is video, that clearly shows exactly what happened.

edit on Sat, 16 Aug 2014 18:37:19 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: ikonoklast

It's a damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario.

Damned if you release key information, damned if you don't.

Damned if you present enough force to stop rioting, damned if you don't.

I think the authorities should just pull back to outside Ferguson and let the chips fall where they may. I also do not think that any public monies should be made available for rebuilding either. The cost of rebuilding needs to come from Ferguson or no where.

It definitely seems close to a no win scenario now. I hope you're kidding and not really suggesting they pull back and let the chips fall where they may. That would be an Escape From New York or Escape From LA scenario. What would they do, fence the community in and put up armed guard towers to keep people in and keep people out?

It would be disastrous.

The police and governor had a good start towards closure Thursday. But it was sabotaged Friday, apparently purposefully. I don't know how they can turn things around now but I hope they can.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I think it would be a major disaster at this stage, but going to far toward the other night may see citizens do stupid things in return a second time. I fear for the people up there...especially with such open and blatant outside agitation and leadership to specific events like this.

This is not a community against a bad department out there at the moment, but the NBPP apparently using this Missouri town as a monument to stand on for their own national effort. The problem is...the people from the outside don't live there when this is over.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
I think it would be a major disaster at this stage, but going to far toward the other night may see citizens do stupid things in return a second time. I fear for the people up there...

Looks like they may be getting some much-needed help tonight from God / Mother Nature / whatever-you-want-to-call-it. This is supposed to be a live feed, and it looks like it's raining now and most people are off the streets:

Ignore the preview graphic for the video above, that's not what is happening now.

But maybe the rain let up, people seem to be out more again.
edit on 16-8-2014 by ikonoklast because: Added update

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Facebook fail caught by ATS and others appeared to notice too...

Sharing an article on algorithm (censoring) filtering, net neutrality, Ferguson and why it matters!

Ferguson:
Net Neutrality, Algorithmic Filtering and Ferguson
Ferguson is about many things, starting first with race and policing in America.

But it’s also about internet, net neutrality and algorithmic filtering.

Great read

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

You could say....It rained on their parade!

..okay.. someone had to. I couldn't resist.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I'm wondering if Facebook has some sort of "happiness" algorithm going. I checked my usual politically active suspects and still not a peep. I'm the only individual I know of on my facebook to have actually posted anything on Facebook on the subject. 118 people. Very diverse, large portion political. Not a peep. It's really freaky especially since this is a controversial subject AND on a whole lot of front pages online.

edit on 16/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Facebook is bull#. I was just having a discussion with my cousin about it, we are both always posting social issue stuff up on facebook, so I PM him, asking him how come he didn't hear about it, and why he never posted anything about it. Turns out he did, it just never turned up on my news feed like normal, and also, all the posts I had made about it didn't show up on his either. A bunch of crap, no wonder I haven't heard much about it on facebook, although they don't seem to be silencing bigtime pages like say reason magazine, DML daily, or the scheptical libertarian pages, maybe they are scared to silence pages with large followings.

As a side note, I tried to post that link to facebook, and it didn't do the usual deal about picking a picture, it would only post the bare link.
edit on Sat, 16 Aug 2014 21:57:05 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat, 16 Aug 2014 22:02:03 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

I haven't taken the step of asking anybody if they had tried posting anything yet but I did have a friend post a quote from the 60's last night, which they thought was fitting and appropriate. That kind of implies that the people on facebook are aware of things going on. Just wasn't sure if they were simply afraid to post anything on it or if it "disappeared" into the void that is facebook. Thanks for confirming with your cousin. The only Ferguson related anything that came on my feed was via a large Occupy group and ProPublica and it's been silent for the last couple days on anything from either of those on my feed.

Facebook, the Internet Creeper. Be happy! Look at cat videos!! All is well!! (sorry couldn't resist)
edit on 16/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: cousin not friend, imagoof

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

You could say....It rained on their parade!
[/quote

Lol... I just saw a tweet, someone asked one of the cops what his expectation was for tonight and he said, "I hope it pours." Pretty sure he meant rain.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Curfew started almost an hour ago in Ferguson.

Working live feed - Vice news apparently

Live feed reporter says protesters are still out. Someone threw a molotov cocktail toward a Chinese restaurant. Protesters stomped the flames out.

Police have been firing teargas or maybe just smoke grenades almost nonstop.

Reporter on live feed just heard something whiz by him and bounce or ricochet off a wall near him, he thinks it was a bullet.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
I wish I could be up there today.

For me the misinformation about the community along with all of the hatred spewed here breaks my heart. Ferguson has it's issues but it is not the out of control ghetto it is being painted as. The only serious problems in Ferguson are the LEO and their leaders.

You are embracing ignorance if you suppose the only problem in Ferguson is the Law Enforcement Officers and their leaders.
You have people throwing Molotov Coctails, starting fires (arson), throwing large objects at LEO (Rocks, bricks) firing live ammunition at news helicopters and at LEO, looting and stealing from stores..... truly you are embracing and feeding your ignorance.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I bet they find PCP in
the blood of the deceased kid.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I can't post the whole tweet due to T&C language violations. But this is the real deal.

Neighbor live-tweeted Brown shooting; may be damning evidence against officer

Read whole tweet and article...warning language.

www.bizpacreview.com...

If this this accurate...we are talking 8 shots including the one in the car.

Des

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

My last paragraph was an illustration of frustration with the situation. (lots of tions there lol).

I am just glad I am not in charge of the officials response there. Bad to use force, and yet, bad if you don't? At what point does civilized behavior matter? At what point does illegal behavior matter?

At what point do you start rounding up the looters, arresting them and throwing away the key? (after a speedy 2 year long trial of course, fraught with further racial tensions and more stupidity).

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

The number of shots reported by witnesses are seldom accurate, specially when you hear about 8 or 9 shots fired rapidly.

I suppose we are going to have to wait longer to see if Brown really did get shot from behind. Are they hanging on to that information afraid that will stir up more BS?

I wouldn't doubt it. Whether the report shows he was shot from behind or not it will stir up crap. People will only believe what they want to believe. Anything reported that isn't what they want to believe will be discredited.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: Rocker2013

By the same token, the Patrol officer has not been convicted of a crime either.

We really do not know exactly what went down during the shooting, and likely will never have a solid truth there since there were no cameras and all the witnesses have very subjective views.

And that is why there needs to be a complete and thorough investigation by bodies that the public actually trusts, and then decide on an adequate punishment for the officer responsible if found guilty.

The problem here is that the people have zero trust in a police department and a system which has a long standing reputation of being corrupt, authoritarian and generally racist in the extreme.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Rocker2013

You're justifying execution by a police officer on the suspicion of a crime. You are basically saying that you think it's perfectly fine for the police to be given powers of a judge, jury and an executioner based on nothing but an accusation.

That is pure BS misdirection and you know it. Not one single poster amongst the thousands of comments pertaining to this case is saying that the cop had the right to shoot him because he just robbed a store. The video simply shows that Brown was not the college bound, baby faced, gentle giant his friends and family made him out to be.

It also shows that Brown did have motive to attack the officer that stopped him for walking in the street.

Wrong.
The person I was replying to was suggesting exactly that, they were stating that the victim was in "the wrong place" and "deserved it". Go back and read their post, because you are clearly picking and choosing what you want to read.

new topics

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join