It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Emergency Declared in Ferguson - Curfew from 12 am to 5am - Now National Guard

page: 88
<< 85  86  87    89 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
I'm still stuck on the interview giving testimony that the police aren't properly trained to use their weapons.

I'm still thinking too much COD

Unfortunately that's probably the case. Too much of the "Hell yeah, I get to hold a sweet gun!" as opposed to the idea presented in the interview, Escalation of Force. Not pointing a firearm until you are ready to fire it. The NG should have this discipline at their core, and I think that even the most hell-raising looters/rioters/dumbasses (seperate from the whole of Ferguson) will understand that once the NG gears up, it's time to put up or shut up. They won't be dealing with a bunch of middle-aged, borderline overweight white males with superiority complex's and quotas to meet. They will be dealing with trained soldiers and depending on what unit is deployed, they could be dealing with some seriously bad mama-jama's.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Just so it counts...
When a thread hits...
I know your user name ...
I always enjoy what ya post..
But giving it's 4:07 here I am tired...
And have an itchy bottle of blue 0'92
With
Looking .... ahh Cohibas...
Yes..Cubans...
Saving them all since I don't do them....

Just waiting for the day....

But no really pick and choose guardsmen...... it might work for them....

Even one guy in the chaos of that town could...
Perhaps help....

Orrrrrr.... pull a bill...bo.....
Another case..

Eyes down... down.

I'm sadden...
Thought we were better than to let our own go threw this...

I'M WHITE...
MY nieces are mixed......
they ask me...
uncle.."why do you hate me?"
I tell them I love them...and cry...WHY...
because its not black or white....

"It's because....people do love you...and everything went bad/full ret@rd on trying to divide us..."
But we all have a mind..."

Use your minds people!
2 sides are far to aggressive...
Don't give 2 Sh!T's which guards shows up...

Somebody better keep calm and carry on!
edit on 18-8-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

There are many fubars here..
Grammatical. Errors here...
Does not matter .... jgf....

No one likes to see some one hurt...
It early...
We will clean this up...

Dam ( ha haaaa )
As the world watches...
I don't care if you need a twit update...
I hate FB...

I plan to start with the kids I know... my flesh and blood..
Why not?
And as my dad told me.
Help someone else......
I did...

Thanks dad! Many twitters A Hole!
Facebook.. check it since sandy ho*%$....
Not post...

But kids have shoes...
Even the 100 + I painted a theme for...
Those kids had a terminal illness ..

While we all ponder.
I try so hard to bring a kid some hope!

! I'm not cleaning this up!
Its 4:58 my time....edit. now only drunks like...
Tdfdyrir..yeah.
Yjfgdcjryfcykky
Say it again!
Yjrdyiyktf
You're dumb. ( referring to me )

I hope all of you sleep well and have a sound mind for when you awake....
Because this thread has done damage to me...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Yeah, I wish I knew who the journalist with the blond hair and the video footage with no molotovs was too.

I remember Kent State. I was in high school. Came in one day and most of the people I knew had black arm bands on. That's how I heard about it. 4 dead in Ohio. Terrible, and all apparently based on a tragic mistake.

Probably going to call it a night for now. Hope I don't wake up to black arm bands.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice
Yeah, the legalese isn't easy to read at this hour (or anyime) but the name of the main law the governor cited as giving him the authority is Organized militia when called to duty--martial law.

That probably sums it up pretty well.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
That was exactly why I'm hoping this is a good idea. Its not nearly enough. Now we've discovered an issue we can do something to resolve! That's a huge step.

a reply to: ChaosComplex

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

That was exactly why I'm hoping this is a good idea. Its not nearly enough. Now we've discovered an issue we can do something to resolve! That's a huge step.

a reply to: ChaosComplex

But this thinking might be the problem as well.
People shouldn't think that sending the NG to one of our own cities is good because it's absolutely not.
It should never have escalated to this point. This was a huge failure on the part of the officials.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

We can train them properly!

We can use the well trained men to teach the fools that know nothing about protecting and serving!

I do understand it should never get this far, this is a terrible prescrdent... we need to turn it around!

edit on 18-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

We can use the well trained men to teach the fools that know nothing about protecting and serving!

I do understand it should never get this far, this is a terrible prescrdent... we need to turn it around!

I fully get that but let me explain what i mean.
I tend to say things without saying them on certain topics and others im completely obvious because i like to mess with people

What i was not saying was that if people in general start to think that sending troops to our cities to keep the population in control is good, it will most certainly be done more often for far less of a reason
edit on 8/18/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: oops

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

This is was why I love my fiance. He checked Tim's stream and caught the name "Marcus". The whole time while I've been sitting dazed and bleary eyed, he was hunting who that journalist was down. And he found him. Marcus DiPaola, Xinhua News Agency and CNC. He doesn't have any footage up on either his twitter or google. Totally him though.

twitter.com...
plus.google.com...

Did I tell you that this is why I love my fiance? He's amazing.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut

I fully get that but let me explain what i mean.
I tend to say things without saying them on certain topics and others im completely obvious because i like to mess with people

What i was not saying was that if people in general start to think that sending troops to our cities to keep the population in control is good, it will most certainly be done more often for far less of a reason

You sir/mam sound like a Communist..
And to keep in thread.. it has everything to do with the national guards in Ferguson and curfews..

Actually soon not..

Still... what guardsman...

What select few?
With Johny blueeyoohooowwwwww....

No not really..
If your trying to devils advocate up..
Go ahead..
Because you did get a knee jerk
Out of me...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
But this thinking might be the problem as well.
People shouldn't think that sending the NG to one of our own cities is good because it's absolutely not.
It should never have escalated to this point. This was a huge failure on the part of the officials.

Or was this a failure of the individuals who actually did go too far and loot stores in their own neighborhoods, and continue to wreak havoc until it has gotten to this point? There is a lot of truth in the saying "One bad apple can spoil the whole bunch", and now the 'peaceful' protesters get to become living proof of that.

It's pretty clear that they aren't responding well to the police presence, even with their fancy outfits and noisy toys. This is because they all know that the vast majority of those police officers will turn and high-tail it out of there if some # really went down. Sure they deal with some criminals on a day to day basis. Sure, cops all over the country (obviously in Ferguson) will shoot first and ask questions later, but at the end of the day that is the act of a coward, not an act of a 'force to be reckoned with'. They are in no way prepared (psychologically or otherwise) to go up against the entire town turning on them, their blatant disregard for proper firearm handling makes that disgustingly obvious.

As I said in a previous post, there is absolutely no reason to expect any force dealing with a situation such as this to respond gently and with kindness. In my opinion, the ball is in the residents court, they get to choose how the next few plays go.

I'm probably way too white to say this, but another poster mentioned that 'the black community' doesn't have someone like MLK to look up to, and to say epically profound things in ways that resonate with real power. We can talk til we're blue in the face about racial equality and all that. Fine. I see no need to treat people differently based solely on the color of their skin. But the undeniable difference is in the culture. Whether it is a result of history or not, it is the defining premise that makes an individual like MLK more powerful to 'the black community' than say (insert any well spoken white guy with a positive message). It's also the same premise that puts so much power into the hands of the individuals that are essentially polar opposites of MLK, with a message that is tinged with subtle animosity and hatred. I'm too tired, I sort of lost track of where I was going with this, but I hope everyone gets what I'm saying. Too many negative influences (present in all races), not enough positive/constructive role models being pushed to the forefront.

Godspeed, Ferguson. May the force be with you.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I find it remarkable that so many here distrust the media when it suits them, rejecting anything any of the MSM says, unless it suits their existing bias or formed narrative. We see it all the time over Russia, with RT. Fox, CNN, NBC, they're all deemed to be propagandists and RT is some holier than thou broadcaster telling the absolute truth - all because it suits what they want to believe.

Why is the MSM suddenly being believed absolutely in this case? Why are the police statements (in contrast to the Bundy Ranch fiasco) all considered to be gospel right now?

We know they are using military weaponry, and they will be using military propaganda too. This is a fact. We know that the police routinely use agents in crowds to create the pretense for retaliation. This is all proven.

Yet, when it's a black crowd protesting a murder, in a poor neighborhood, there are thousands excusing and ignoring all of these facts in favor of simply believing the given story.

This public response reeks of a form of racism we don't see in comparative cases. If they were all white, middle class people protesting the shooting of a white teen, the entire story would be being treated differently. There probably wouldn't be all that heavy weaponry on the street, and people would be openly critical of the MSM and the police response.

Regardless of the stories about what the police are "supposedly" facing there, sending in the NG is a BAD, BAD, BAD move. It was already a militarized situation with the police there, and now they want to send in yet more "military" looking idiots with guns and twitchy fingers?

I have a terrible feeling we're going to see a major incident here. All it's going to take is one misplaced shot from one trigger happy person and the entire state could spiral into chaos. Lets not forget that the people are armed too - and when they feel under attack from an armed force, do they not have a right to "stand their ground?"

People need to be prepared for this to become a national flashpoint. If one member of the NG fires their weapon it could cause a retaliation, which begins a spiral. The moment that is broadcast to the nation it risks a massive reaction across the US.

No matter what people choose to believe about what's happening on the ground there, sending in the NG has undoubtedly turned up the heat on this, and it could boil over at any moment to become a national problem.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
...It was already a militarized situation with the police there...

Negative.

No number of police equipped with any amount of military gear will ever equate to a "militarized situation". When the NG arrives, that is a militarized situation. Police with big guns is just a ticking timebomb.

You may be right that this could turn into a situation that no one wants to experience, any one denying that is either lying or oblivious to the facts. However, the NG (or any branch of the military for that matter) has much better training, preparedness, and discipline than any police force could dream of. The chances of this going sour due to the 'authority' side screwing up goes down drastically when the police are booted out of the situation, in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
No matter what people choose to believe about what's happening on the ground there, sending in the NG has undoubtedly turned up the heat on this, and it could boil over at any moment to become a national problem.

I see you haven't been posting in this thread, so I apologize if you are aware, but we've been watching live streams from the ground and listening to police dispatch. Not relying on MSM coverage of the event.

Just sayin.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
It's like the protests are being fed something to be pisses off about.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnAbsoluteCreation
This is just a small city test. Large city test happened with Boston Bombing. Mega city will be next (Los Angeles, Chicago, NYC).

My money is on Chicago being "chosen."

AAC.

I agree with you. It also looks like Ferguson might have been chosen to be a test ground. I'm not sure the mayor (if that was who was speaking in the video in the O.P.) has everything under control himself. I think there are higher forces at play than him.

We shall see what happens with the national guard now that it is there. I see that ChaosComplex thinks the National Guard is better trained than the police to handle the situation humanely, that is an interesting take.
edit on 18amMon, 18 Aug 2014 06:08:44 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rentAnytime the Govt. declares a "curfew" you must realize by doing so is a measure of Martial Law. Federal, State and Local officials along with police agencies are enlisting Military trained and funded resources to maintain control. The press members who were arrested earlier this past week noted that the illegal action of force was conducted by men attired in military garb who refused to identify themselves with badge numbers or name stencils on their uniforms. Actually I'm not sure they showed any form of official credentials.

Regardless, as in Boston, these illegal attempts to suppress the right to roam freely are in fact Martial Law and should be seen as such. Of course those who declare such actions will excuse their actions by insisting they work under the color of authority, however their actions are forbidden under the provisions of customary law. If anyone wishes to question this by providing recent laws and enforcement tactics do so with the knowledge that their actions are illegal and can be dealt with in court.

If anyone who has the need to be out and about during their "curfew" i.e., medical necessity, make a living, or any other God Damned reason one can imagine, then do so and never bow down to the encroachments of inferiors. If what you are doing is legal, stand on that. The police can, and should, deal with anyone who is committing a crime, as in looters or any other crimes, for that is why they are tolerated for, however, interfering with my life, business and or my movement "WILL NOT" be tolerated.

No God Damn terrorists weather he is Islamic or Illuminati or a "New World" enthusiasts drunk with the notion mass control tries to force their agenda down my throat, be advised i am a free man that will perceive your actions for what they are and i will not differentiate between the warring factions.

If any fools who read this and want to argue the point, don't waste your time. What I've stated is in granite and if you have any sense you'd follow me in this declaration. Otherwise, you are not about solutions, you are the problem!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Jesus H, you people are all pathetic. Arguing your own little quibbles over reporting what happened. I expected better from ATS. I expected to wake up (or sober-up) from the night ti REAL reporting, but instead I got BS arguments about "rights" and "politics" from you. Eff you all. Ban me for this posy, I don't give an eff, you failed tonight. Back away from the keyboard OR DO SOME REAL REPORTING TODAY. If not, start an "I'm so cool, let's debate citizen rights" thread and leave this one for NEWS. You FAILED. Then end. I didn't even get to sleep, and y'all failed so much that I'm shutting one eye to see the computer screen and STILL see nothing newsworthy that I can't catch on ABC This Morning.

Jesus H. So much for ATS. What is this website worth, if not more in-depth coverage than ABC News?!?! Eff y'all. Seriously, one eye is shut just to be able to type properly and not bring up the "history" or "wibdows" tabs where I can't even typr anymore. And y'all are fighting over your personal BS. FML. Guess I have to rely on some lame-stream website now. :/ Get it together, ATS, and stop your stuoid infighting BS. This is lame.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer
They let them them loot so it discredits the whole lot of protesters takes the heat of them don't it

They got to be crafty now as so not to look like a paramilitary force

Sorry pal but they loot because they are worthless scumbags, it has nothing to do with the police or any paramilitary force.

There is a phrase that could be Gilted for times these - you give them enough rope, they will hang themselves.

Sometimes stupid does as stupid says....

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Nunya this isnt a news outlet Pal!

originally posted by: 00nunya00

Jesus H, you people are all pathetic. Eff you all. I don't give an eff, you failed tonight. You FAILED. Jesus H. So much for ATS. Eff y'all. Seriously, one eye is shut just to be able to type properly Get it together, ATS

The Prosecution rests its case and I hope you the jury find the defendant guilty.

Choose the crime from:

Crimes against the English language
Crimes against resepectable cursing
Crimes against off topic rants
Crimes against its own brain
Crimes against its keyboard (at least several innocent keys were assaulted in its rant)
Crimes against staying alive and breathing decent folks oxygen

top topics

<< 85  86  87    89 >>

join