It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Emergency Declared in Ferguson - Curfew from 12 am to 5am - Now National Guard

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Now, I must say that having a thing like that pointed at me would force me to retire for a change of clothes. I'm familiar enough with guns to know that is the dangerous end. I was taught not to point a gun at anything unless I intended to shoot it. But my training came from my Dad.

There's something wrong with the way the 'authorities' seem to believe it's okay for them to point their weapons at other folks. I've always heard the lesson your father taught you. My dad taught me, the Army reinforced it, every range I've ever been a member insisted on it. Why the cops are fooling around with common sense ... makes no sense. If I was there I would be incensed ... and changing my clothes too.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: LDragonFire

Not everything is caught on video.

You can't claim something didn't happen because it wasn't caught on video.

How many times do you have to witness one thing only to see something else reported in the main stream news?

Saturday into Sunday morning the first curfew attack both fox news and cnn reported that only smoke bombs was used and not tear gas, this was proven a outright lie, because we could see the effects on those reporting live.

CNN and Fox news were in the press pin and we only reporting what the police told them and they reported it as gospel truth until it was show otherwise.

Skeptic Overload proved in the army in Ferguson thread on Wed night that twitter was being censored, so why no comments on Fox or CNN on these events?

First of all, that wasn't tear gas last night at the beginning...that was smoke. People can't stand directly in tear gas and just continue shouting at police. The camera crews can't just keep filming inside the cloud and just say it is stinging their eyes "a little".

Second, Twitter wasn't being censored, it was being overloaded. It has been happening all night where updates stop coming in and you have to do a hard refresh to bring the updates back.

Guys, not everything is a conspiracy...this situation is a case of criminal activity pretending to be a protest.

If the police wanted to just stop people from protesting, why aren't they stopping the protests going on all during the day?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
a reply to: Iamthatbish

They may have more discipline, they may not.
They may be better trained, or..
They may have a very different set of orders and all the means to execute them in a much more efficient manner.

I hope the NG handles this with honor and restraint. People give the NG flak for the duties they have (in comparison to other branches of the military), but I think they will be better prepared to keep their composure - or whatever the situation may warrant - than the Police Departments. So far, AMAZINGLY, the Police haven't gone ape$h!t and shot up a bunch of people (as far as we know)...

Only time will tell.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

What is relavant to this thread is tonight. Do you need pictures or feeds. Everyone has been great to share

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: kx12x
a reply to: WhiteAlice

So I guess that means martial law?

Based on the wording, I'd say it might not be based on the wording of the Exec Order itself. It basically says that the Adjutant General of the Missouri National Guard will be supporting civilian authorities and other assistance decided by the Governor himself. Martial law would be if the the Missouri National Guard took over completely, I think.

I think?

governor.mo.gov...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaosComplex

Confirmed that NG will be showing up?
It was said at the presser that they would not be.

NM just saw the link in the previous page.
edit on thMon, 18 Aug 2014 02:21:15 -0500America/Chicago820141580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaosComplex
I hope the NG handles this with honor and restraint. People give the NG flak for the duties they have (in comparison to other branches of the military), but I think they will be better prepared to keep their composure - or whatever the situation may warrant - than the Police Departments. So far, AMAZINGLY, the Police haven't gone ape$h!t and shot up a bunch of people (as far as we know)...

Only time will tell.

I agree, let's hope they maintain some dignity and show the police how to keep a presence and proper crowd control procedures

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Ferguson, Missouri (CNN) -- The chaos in Ferguson has gotten so bad that Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon has signed an executive order deploying National Guard troops to the St. Louis suburb.

"Given these deliberate, coordinated and intensifying violent attacks on lives and property in Ferguson, I am directing the highly capable men and women of the Missouri National Guard ... in restoring peace and order to this community," Nixon said in a statement.

CNN

Hmm I wonder who he is talking about

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
OK my tab is out of memory..
I keep writing and getting thrown off.

If the guard is coming...
Remember KENT STATE.
THEY ARE YOUNG..NERVOUS..AND WILL FIRE THEIR GUNS. NOT CALM SITUATED 30 +
18 to 20 Y/O'S WITH NO LIFE EXPERIENCE.. YES IMAGINE THAT..
WILL MY MILITARY FIRE IN ME?
YES THEY WILL!

BOTH COPS AND CIVILIANS IN FERGUSON BETTER CALM THE HECK DOWN!
Captain Johnson is tired and patient... and can't think no more..

Sorry I wrote much replies.. but this thread is hot
And uses computer memory..so much that I wrote was wiped out...

link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
a reply to: OptimusCrime

What is relavant to this thread is tonight. Do you need pictures or feeds. Everyone has been great to share

LoL, whatever you say.

This thread is ongoing and IMO any night is able to be discussed, not one's you choose.
edit on 8/18/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Thanks, glad you caught that too. I'm a bit relieved since I was beginning to believe that my ears as well as my eyes were lying to me....
I believe that was one of the last statements at the press do.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
The VICE girl just said something interesting.

She said she thinks the protestors her feel empowered by the support they are getting from around the world. Now she said it as a positive, because they are on the same boat as most of the people in this thread are...that this is freedom fighting of some sort.

But this is exactly the problem...everyone is defending criminal activity. Either directly or indirectly by saying that the police are the cause of this criminal activity by just being there or by responding when the public or they themselves are in danger.

This has empowered and emboldened those in Ferguson...but it has empowered and emboldened the criminal element there that are jumping for joy because they are looting, rioting, burning, and shooting....and people are cheering for them and saying it's all the cops fault.

I'm just completely baffled, how does anyone think this is a good thing?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

While I firmly believe not everything is a conspiracy, I think getting the actual occurrence out is crucial.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Remember KENT STATE.
YES THEY WILL!

Now you're just stirring the pot.
those soldiers are completely qualified to do their jobs

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

That's good Intel, not what I wanted to hear at all though.

edit on 18-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

That's what I thought! Now I'm nervous. The military has proven immersion training.

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Nixon has signed the order. It also strips power from Capt. Johnson and gives it to the Superintendent of Missouri State Highway Patrol, Col. Ronald K. Replogle.

www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov...

link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Remember KENT STATE.
YES THEY WILL!

Now you're just stirring the pot.
those soldiers are completely qualified to do their jobs

OK.. is it safe to open Johny walker blue I got in 92?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Cheers!

mmm scotch

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join