It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tatanka
a reply to: zysin5

I used to live near Oakland, Ca. Many times I have seen black people getting beaten up in the streets by police. Unarmed people. I have seen them shot, I have seen them dragged across concrete and literally picked up and thrown into the back of the paddy wagon head first.

But none of these things has ever been on the news. I'm ashamed to see that nothing is changing in our country. Racism is rampant as always. Where are the militia? Why are they not helping the people in Ferguson?

This is all I care to say about this. No one need answer me. Actions speak louder than words.

the militia??....lol...c'mon, they only protect white people who have tax problems, land rights, or 2nd amendemnt issues with the government, they're not going to step in when a unarmed black guy gets shot by the police.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Just a side note here...but I am familiar with the battalions of the Missouri Militia. I've met and interacted with two here in Missouri on a very limited basis and know a member of a local battalion well enough to know a few things beyond what I'm comfortable getting into here.

What I will say is this....If the Missouri Militia units had rolled into Ferguson with their equipment and training, such as it is, and they had been on the side of the protesters? It would have instantly escalated the situation from a civil police matter to a paramilitary response that went above what SWAT units could reasonably be expected to meet.

Militia would have bumped the bet up to require National Guard to see and call. The game would have gotten FAR uglier after that, in less time than it takes to say it.

Sure...many across the nets and TV land would have been fabulously entertained and loved the show ..but my fellow Missourians would have died in far greater numbers than ever came close to happening here. I'm VERY GLAD the Militias watched, never openly took a side here and just let events play out how they had to.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Nice to know they're staying out of it for now. I think it's still too unclear to what happened.

I wonder if all the protests are being used as a reason to postpone the investigation.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Fox News on Standby for presser on releasing the name of the cop involved in the shooting.

Fox2 Live Stream, which I hope will go live with the presser.
fox2now.com...

ETA: Is live now.

Des

edit on 15-8-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Have they released it yet?

2nd

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: scghst1

Have they released it yet?

2nd

Totally weird presser! 45 mins late, and tried to paint Michael Brown as a suspect in a strong arm robbery...WTF? Would take no questions, his voice was shaking and breaking the whole time.

Darren Wilson is the name of the cop. With the department 6 years.

Des

edit on 15-8-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

That police chief talked as if his family was held hostage or something. I never saw someone that scared, I mean that was hollywood scared.

Also, the cop isn't being charged with anything? should he get something like manslaughter or whats it called in the US?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The Police Chief said he is only complying with the Sunshine Law in giving out the name of the shooter.

Also said the video of a strong armed robbery will be released later today at another presser. Implying Brown is the person in the video. Crowd at the presser is totally pissed off, because he wouldn't take questions at all.

Des

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll

That police chief talked as if his family was held hostage or something. I never saw someone that scared, I mean that was hollywood scared.

Also, the cop isn't being charged with anything? should he get something like manslaughter or whats it called in the US?

Well...he got neutered by the Gov yesterday, chastised on national tv by Obama, and stripped of his duties, and his job basically turned over to a HWY Patrolman for the time being. Oh...his whole department got pulled off of everything to do with the Michael Brown case, and mothballed for now.

He is used to being the big man calling the shots...he's shaking like a bowl of jello...wow....I thought he was going to have a nervous break down on camera.

Des

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hitting the wires now...

FERGUSON, Missouri -- The police officer who fatally shot unarmed teen Michael Brown, prompting days of unrest in Ferguson, Missouri and rallies nationwide, has been identified as Darren Wilson.

Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson made the announcement Friday morning, having previously refused citing concerns over the officer's safety.

Jackson said that Wilson has been an officer in the police force for six years and no disciplinary action was taken against him. Wilson was treated for injuries after the shooting, Jackson said.

Jackson said that the officer encountered Brown after responding to a description of a suspect involved in a robbery at a convenience store. He gave no further details.
www.cbsnews.com...

That's all he said...

Des

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I wasn't able to watch the live feed, can you or someone else who is better than googling than me link to a video of the press conference? I'd like to watch it, but all I am finding are articles about it.

(I'd like to see him actually say whatever he says, rather than read it, lol)
edit on 15-8-2014 by MojaveBurning because: ...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MojaveBurning

Pic of, they say Brown, in robbery from store video...passed out to reporters at presser.

Des

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MojaveBurning

I wasn't able to watch the live feed, can you or someone else who is better than googling than me link to a video of the press conference? I'd like to watch it, but all I am finding are articles about it.

(I'd like to see him actually say whatever he says, rather than read it, lol)

Not sure if this is the whole thing as I was not able to watch it live either, but here is what I was able to find. It's from CNN and I'm sure Des can confirm if this is the whole thing or not. You'll probably have to sit through a commercial before the press conference video starts.

CNN Video of Press Conference Naming Officer

ETA: Link to released police documents. I am assuming these are the documents in the 'packets' the chief was referring to? (Link will load slowly, at least it did for me, so be patient) Released Police Documents
edit on 15-8-2014 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: Added info

edit on 15-8-2014 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: *sigh* spelling

edit on 15-8-2014 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MyMindIsMyOwn

Yes, that is the presser...good job finding and posting it!

Des

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Des, I'll tell ya...what the Missouri Governor did yesterday was a sea changing thing. It was like God looking down and calling you out PERSONALLY for looking at dirty pictures or something. That Chief didn't just see his career flash before his eyes..I believe he was given a narrated and possibly illustrated view of how it was going to BE ENDED and how HE was going to end in shame, and possibly wearing the number of a Missouri DOC Inmate.

He was personally a part of orders which had U.S. Law Enforcement open fire on U.S. civilians in an indiscriminate manner. Rubber or Copper? The brass holding the powder was the same, and the M-16's/Shotguns shooting were the same. Whatever else EVER happened here, from anyone on anything? THAT was a watershed moment for this nation as a whole, in my view. I don't think even the nation has fully absorbed that yet ..but some of what I saw yesterday tells me the "little" 'TPTB' sure have ..and the good Chief ain't so good anymore with any of them.

I'm thinking...he was ordered, very much against his will short of quitting and inviting his own scape-goating for everything ...to release this name and do it smartly, as the British might say.

I think we witnessed the good Chief broken like a new horse.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

You bet, glad to help!

I was listening to your fox2 link just a few minutes ago and a highway patrol officer mentioned that there will be another press conference at 11am their time (a little under an hour from now Eastern time). May be worth keeping the live feed going for that one as well. I got the impression it was to be a press conference from the Governor and may have more details than the sad sack presser the chief gave.

edit on 15-8-2014 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: Fingers cannot keep up with the brain today... spelling... again

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I starred your post Wrabbit, as I do agree with you on a couple points you make.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Sorry, i feel your pain as a nation and think what happened there is a travesty but comon. Where is the this many stars and flags on ATS when familys are droned in Pakistan at weddings or in Afghan. IS (formally ISIS) is systematically ravaging Iraq and Syria. Cutting heads off women and children. A teenager in the US is (sadly) shot by cops and it is ATS front page with the overlord leading the charge but democratic Iraq left to its own self by the US and my boys in the UK. It is second lined by the crowds of people marching the streets and tweeting about their struggle in the US?

No offense intended but i think that this is all bull.

Lots of kids die every day but a gunged up cop shooting someone is nothing new. If you want to protest to the death (literally) about this poor kid then march on the streets of DC about every child killed by US policy or forces.

I believe peoples mind set has warped. Kids are kids. Does not matter the creed

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: hemogoblin

I agree with your sentiments. I also think you should start a new thread with them. We are currently discussing the topic of this thread which is Ferguson MO. and the events happening there.

Des

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
There has been some confusion as to the race of Officer Darren Wilson. There is an Afro American Officer of the same name, who is the President of the Ethical Society of Police Officers.

From this article the clarification.

The officer was identified as Darren Wilson, who is white, and has been on the police force for six years. He is currently on paid administrative leave. www.msnbc.com...

The other officer of the same name:

Greetings community members of St. Louis, MO and all those across the nation. The Ethical Society of Police has been closely following the events surrounding the unfortunate police shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, MO.

As a result of public outcry and a demand for justice, the Ferguson police officer's name was released and happens to be, Darren Wilson.

The first thing we would like to assure the world is that this is a horrific coincidence.

May I assure the world that this is not the President of the Ethical Society of Police's Sergeant Darren R. Wilson who is African-American, and happens to be an 18 year veteran of the St. Louis Police Department.

I'm sure additional clarification statements will be released immediately.

Thank you for your continued support
www.facebook.com...

Whew, got that one cleared up.

Des

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join