It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal

goodnight, and thanks for telling us your story of the kid who was successfully brought in without any incident. Good deal.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
is this site being censored?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
I wonder if the constitution loving militia crowd will arrive on scene.
Seems like just as good a reason as anything else.
Provide armed support for the protesters to ensure the cops don't start abusing them

Think the posse is saddling up!

www.missourimilitia.com...

www.redflagnews.com...

Militia In Missouri To Protect Americans From "Tyrannical Police State" As "Martial Law Draws Near"...

With Ferguson, Missouri practically under martial law, the Missouri Citizen’s Militia is NOW IN Ferguson to protect innocent Americans from the 'tyrannical police state’ according to the linked facebook post from Aaron Penberthy. Missouri’s Militia was recently at Bundy Ranch.

Aaron Penberthy If peaceful protesters get fired upon, it is my duty to uphold the constitution Clay Martin. If innocent families are being attacked, I have no choice but as a human being to go defend.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

rioting and looting gives the police justifiable cause to enforce things like a curfew, and stop things like, say for instance, a protest. because of the damage to property and possible injury to people. And actually, rioting and looting not only gives them justifiable cause, it is also their duty to stop it.

On the other hand, a peaceful protest with no rioting or looting, just people joining together to send out a message of their displeasure at certain policies etc. - cannot be dispersed. And if the cops try, then they have crossed the line... and the people have not.

The first is wrong on us, the second wrong on them. I thought it was about the wrong on them, otherwise, what is the point of protesting?
edit on 14-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
live feed fox2
fox2now.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: Bundy

See, that is what is weird to me. I live in this country, have friends and family and neighbors. And I want to see changes in this country - for our better.

What I don't want, is another civil war... I'm not wanting that at all... I want to know that we have tried every single peaceful and right option there is for those changes we want to see.. before i see the people I love and care about, anyone really, dying in the streets.

I don't understand the mentality that does.

Same OpinionatedB. I love this country. I love (most) of the people in it. I don't want to see it descend into violence. I want to see things get better and I honestly think that we can actually do that without allowing it to descend into the kind of thing that was happening in neighborhoods in Ferguson.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Ive called the police twice. Once for having my car stolen, once for having my house burglarized. Ive also had someone empty a firearm into my home and never called the cops. Why? I saw who did it and knew their identity. I call the cops for the LIGHT WORK.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kicked

nope. just cuss words I think. a couple of the hoax sites are blocked, but that's it.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bundy

But you do call the cops? Exactly.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Montana
I would give you ten stars if I could! Really! I'm so glad someone else is noticing the bias of these outlets and how they present what they need you to believe is "news." It seems to me that we're seeing the last desperate gasps of the MSM to grab attention. They know that with cell phone videos everywhere, their days are truly numbered as alternative, independent media develops. Several revelations of dirty tricks and deceptions over the past few years have frayed their credibility to the point that they look like Wiley Coyote hanging off the cliff.
I haven't had time in the past few days to really go looking for info on this incident and have appreciated all the links posted here at ATS. The few videos I've had time to watch made me think that they were all focusing on the rioting and bad behavior by thugs, easily dismissing the cause of the unrest.
Why go and talk to folks in the neighborhood when there are flames and bullets---Blood and fire always lead before investigating WHY the unrest and rioting? But if they ask that question, it seems to lead right back to the original source---the police department's actions.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Welp, just had a Portland Black Beret talking about having more citizen patrols and well, other things in case anybody was checking out that one. Portland Black Beret is basically the cousin of the Black Panthers. Guy was talking about the Portland Black Berets basically taking over policing and getting guns if the police have guns.

History of the Portland Black Berets and Portland Black Panthers: www.oregon.gov...
edit on 14/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: clarification of link

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Not to fight my battles.

If I lived your life experiencing exactly what you had, I'd be sitting in your shoes thinking what you're thinking, and vice versa.

We are people who have had separate experiences.

There are many like you, and many like me.

I do not wish for violence. I just see it coming and I'm anxious to get it over with.

edit on 14-8-2014 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2014 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Was that the guy that said "we need to start to police our own streets"?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
News crew tear gassed directly.

Video benswann.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElOmen

Was that the guy that said "we need to start to police our own streets"?

The guy wearing the black uniform looking outfit with the insignia and black beret. Yep.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
Frankly, in all the stories of protesting, rioting, looting, and police repression, I've completely lost a reliable account of the shooting.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Haha, "Democracy sticks".

Man, why can't the police make this kind of show of force where it's needed, like in Chicago where gangs are murdering people every night?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExNihiloRed

originally posted by: HomerinNC
a reply to: ExNihiloRed

Its easier for the thugs to go after the nonviolent folk then it is the violent folk

Who are the thugs in your hypothetical?

In this case the militarizied LEOs

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

i wonder where the Portland police is at?
I haven't seen a sign of them all the time ive been watching the stream.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElOmen

i wonder where the Portland police is at?
I haven't seen a sign of them all the time ive been watching the stream.

Portland Police actually was fairly cooperative with protests previously with Occupy though that did eventually turn poorly. With what happened in Ferguson, I'm sure that they are treading very lightly. Portland Mayor Charlie Hale on "fearing police":

“No law-abiding people should ever have reason to fear the police,” Hales said.

“Yet we must honestly admit that, too often, this is not true for a wide swath of our community: people of color.”

Hales also said he is praying for Michael Brown, the young man shot in Ferguson, as well as Portland’s African American community.

koin.com...

I"m guessing so far that they're not going to do anything at all.

*Plus Portland is, well, crazy. If you couldn't guess that by the guy in the green superhero outfit.
edit on 14/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: added *

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join