It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone
This morning seems to be running the emotional gamut - relief at how things in Ferguson were handled MUCH better last night, surprise that the press conference implied Michael Brown may have been involved in a strong armed robbery about 10 minutes before the shooting.

Thanks for posting the picture from the video of the robbery. On the Fox news live feed you linked earlier, a reporter mentioned a few minutes ago that a woman pointed out clothes on the robber in the video and on the uncovered body of Michael Brown in another video seem to be different. She asked, "What did he do, go home and change?"

I compared stills from both videos and the clothes look different to me also. The robber appeared to have dark colored shorts on. Michael Brown did not have shorts on and his pants appeared to be a khaki tan color. The shoes looked different too, but that might have been lighting.

Race and body build looked similar, so mistaken identity is conceivable. Not that any of this would justify what happened if the non-police witnesses that recounted things are correct. But I can see how the initial encounter could have started from such a mistake.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
So now all these eye wittnesses will be charged with inciting a riot? What would have happened if the chief came out and said that brown had just robbed a store but the police did not take enough time to investagate properly. You gotta admit that if brown just robbed someone and the officer was injured then all this has just been more bs from al sharpten. Name me the town where you can rob people and bully them without the fear of getting shot. If the store owner would have had a concealed weapon he might have done the same thing.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

I know Ikon. What a cluster****. In one of the initial pics from the vid of the store robbery. There is a close up of the face of the robber. The eyes do not look the same to me, nor the shape of the forehead. I don't know about the clothing. But I'm no expert in identifying people either.

I predict we'll have a whole new round of "is it him, or not" debates. I'm going to sit back and let the experts throw in their .02.

Des

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyMindIsMyOwn
I was listening to your fox2 link just a few minutes ago and a highway patrol officer mentioned that there will be another press conference at 11am their time (a little under an hour from now Eastern time). May be worth keeping the live feed going for that one as well. I got the impression it was to be a press conference from the Governor and may have more details than the sad sack presser the chief gave.

This next press conference should be starting soon on this stream:

Fox St. Louis livefeed

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Personally, I think there has been enough leaping logic, jumping to conclusions and falling for B.S. to call it a new and refined version of the Olympics around the nation lately.

I don't know about you....but I am not likely to take anything said, by EITHER side of this whole thing as anything beyond "best guess", "I thinks.." and "I understand it to be.." until there are statements given under oath and sworn in to mean something.

When sworn statements are what starts being quoted...then I will feel I may finally be seeing something representative of the facts. Until then? I trust my eyes and 40 years of life experience ...and the opening actions to this offer nothing either of those can work with yet.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Ok, thanks for your understanding. Was not trying to derail. I wont start a new thread as i should do with every new topic and thas not realistic. Thanks for responding though Dest.

Good luck to everyone in that mess

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
More than likely it does not matter if brown robbed someone or not. He fit the description and refused to cooperate with a responding officer and according to the chief the officer sustained injuries from brown. I wonder how many of the people defending the side of the rioters would run from the cops instead of obeying their authoriti.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
A bit off topic...but I think Capt. Ron Johnson will be the next Mayor of Ferguson.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

I was just thinking myself...If that man wants to run for state office, he'd have my vote based on what I have seen of him so far.

Talk about the right commander at the right moment!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
A bit off topic...but I think Capt. Ron Johnson will be the next Mayor of Ferguson.

Now, that. I agree with you on...

Des

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

And on a similar note...the Governor is not handling this press conference very well at all.

He seems very defensive and almost yelling at the crowd. I'm not from MO, so I don't know much about this guy...but since you are from MO...is this how this guy always acts?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ikonoklast
Fox St. Louis livefeed

Thanks so much for that link. I appreciate it because my other fox2 link had just petered out a few minutes before it started

As for your other post about clothing looking different in the store video and the still of the death crime scene... I've not seen the still picture of the young man after he was shot, so I cannot speak to that. But on page 8 of the released police documents, the officer does confirm they are one in the same person after revieweing the store video and Mike Brown after he had been shot.

Link to Released Police Documents

(I'm so sorry... I don't seem to be able to copy paste the statement, but it can be found at the bottom of page 8 of released documents.)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I'd vote for him if I was there. Captain Johnson has definitely won my respect.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
More than likely it does not matter if brown robbed someone or not. He fit the description and refused to cooperate with a responding officer and according to the chief the officer sustained injuries from brown. I wonder how many of the people defending the side of the rioters would run from the cops instead of obeying their authoriti.

No. The cops said the officer sustained injuries.

He didn't say Brown caused them. Stop being so loose with your words.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Johnson should be stressed as an example of how all law enforcement should be.

Through this whole thing, my biggest concern was the community, as I have witnessed a great deal of profiling in this state and in Texas. Having been raised and now living again in St. Louis I can tell you that the black communities are strong, level and don't take things lying down.

The military presence in Ferguson along with the snubbing of the black community by officials had me more than worried. Ferguson would have only been the fuse here in Missouri, St. Louis would have been the powder keg.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

The Missouri Governor is a WHOLE different matter. He's a political scumbag from his hair to his toes. There is no other way to put it. Yes..he's a Democrat, but for partisan people, I'll note he's a democrat I voted for in 2012. I also voted for a Republican Lt. Governor as a deliberate split ticket. Most of the state seemed to feel that was a good idea too, because it's how the election ended up. Dem Gov to a Repub 2nd ....and Nixon refuses to meet with the man we elected to be his 2nd for balance. Wont work with him on many if not most things on any level, period.

So.. When I praise things about Missouri..it most definitely does NOT extend to this Governor we have...except for this situation.

In this case, I will give Nixon credit for making the decisions only he could make as the State Executive (and plenty fail to make in similar positions all the time) which has brought peace to a situation I couldn't have seen this for 2 nights ago.

How is that for the good, bad and ugly in 1 answer? lol

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: deadeyedick

No. The cops said the officer sustained injuries.

He didn't say Brown caused them. Stop being so loose with your words.
ok i will give you that one. maybe the officer got injured in a sortball game later that day and they felt it was important enough to report.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I don't see how the two incidents can be separated. I posted last night a transcription of Dorian Johnson (my own) of the mindset of Brown and Johnson

Dorian Johnson admitted that he and Brown were walking down the middle of the road and when the cop told them to get up on the sidewalk, Johnson said they were almost to his destination and him and Brown continued on with their their conversation and basically dismissed the officer's command.

Now we have seen pictures of Mike Brown strong arming some poor guy over stolen Swisher Sweets - just moments before. And do you see the size of Mike Brown compared to the victim??

It's a game changer folks.

"Me and my friend was walking down the street - in the middle of the street. And we wasn't causing any harm to nobody, uh, we had no weapons on us at all. We just walking having uh a conversation no cars were blowing at us or honking at us like we was uh holding up traffic or anything like that, uh and, a police officer squad car pulled up and when he pulled up, these was his exact words - he said "Get the f on the sidewalk.' And we told the officer we was not but a minute away from my destination and we would shortly be off the street. We was having a conversation and uh he went about his way for about one or two seconds as we continued to walk and then he reversed his uh truck his car and in a manner to where it almost hit us and it blocked both lanes off the way uh he turned his car so he pulled up on the side of us he tried to thrust his door open but we were so close to it that it ricochet off us and it bounced back to him and I guess that you know uh got him uh a little upset and at that time he reached out the window he didn't get out of the car he just reached his arm out the window and grabbed my friend around his neck and was trying to as he was trying to choke my friend and he was trying to get away and the officer then reached out and he grabbed his arm to pull him into the car so now it's like the officer is pulling him inside the car he's trying to pull away and at no time did the officer said that uh he was gonna do anything until he pulled out his weapon his weapon was drawn and he said I'll shoot you or I'm gonna shoot and the same moment the first shot went off and we looked at him and he was shot a there was blood coming from him and we took off running and as we took off running I ducked and hid for my life cause I was feard for my life and I hid by the first car that I saw my friend kept running and he told me to keep running cause he feared for me too so as he was running the officer uh was trying to get out of the car and once he got out of the car he uh he pursued my friend but he but his weapon was drawn - now he, he didn't see any weapon drawn at him or anything like that or us going for no weapon his weapon was already drawn when he got out of the car. He shot again and once my friend felt that shot he turned around and put his hands in the air and he started to get down but the officer still approached with his weapon drawn and he fired several more shots. " Dorian Johnson

DJ's story is based on lies - they had just been in a confrontation and had assaulted someone knowing they had taken Swisher Sweets.

edit on 15-8-2014 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyMindIsMyOwn

originally posted by: ikonoklast
Fox St. Louis livefeed

Thanks so much for that link. I appreciate it because my other fox2 link had just petered out a few minutes before it started

As for your other post about clothing looking different in the store video and the still of the death crime scene... I've not seen the still picture of the young man after he was shot, so I cannot speak to that. But on page 8 of the released police documents, the officer does confirm they are one in the same person after revieweing the store video and Mike Brown after he had been shot.

Link to Released Police Documents

You're welcome, thanks for the link to the Released Police Documents.

I'm not sure I can link to a photo of the young man after he was shot without violating ATS terms, although I have seen worse on ATS and there was a video of it in this thread the other day. But if you want to see a still photo, you can do a Google image search using his name, the name of the city, and the words "in street." Please be warned the Google results will be somewhat graphic.

A woman (from the community, I think) asked Capt. Johnson in the last news conference about the fact the clothes obviously don't match. He said he had not seen the video of the robbery but that he would take a look at the comparison.

I really have a very good impression of Capt. Johnson. It was obvious he was blindsided as much as the community was by the police chief in Ferguson releasing this information in addition to the name of the police officer this morning. I believe that Capt. Johnson will look into this and that anything he may say about it afterwards will be more reliable than any information from the local Ferguson police. That's just my impression of his character though.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Myrtales Instinct
Still don't excuse shooting someone in the back, if that is actually what happened. The autopsy should clear up wether or not that is the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join