It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: sam_inc
a reply to: Destinyone

Do you have the link of the video?

Sorry Sam, I watched it live on TV. It will be online real soon I'm positive. Someone will post it, they always do.

BTW, the Chief also when asked why he released the robbery info in the first presser, if the cop who shot didn't know about the robbery...he said..."because the press asked for it". That makes no sense at all, because the press didn't know about it, until he told them this morning.

Des

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
So to answer my own question, what happened and why, I came across a Slate article that stated that Brown had
robbed a convenence store that very night. Rather than the helpless would-be college student we had envisioned, a large, intimidating man (Brown) is caught on video committing a strong-arm robbery. I DO NOT support killing innocent people, whether by the police or anyone else, but frankly, when some scumbag is rubbed out by the cops, I JUST DON'T CARE! Here's the link to the Slate article and video:
www.slate.com...
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

edit on -05:00pmFri, 15 Aug 2014 14:35:29 -05003102358 by Parthin because: link did not work

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

This whole thing is just bizarre. I feel like some shady politics are going on behind the scenes or something (big fing surprise that is right?). Seems like the guy is throwing the cop under the bus with one hand and giving him help at the same time.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

But what do they do when the person that they are trying to arrest becomes violent? Talk nice? The officer it seems in this point was attacked first and not the other way around. This 'adult' also just robbed and physically threatened someone a few minutes prior.

and, if the officer did not know he was a suspect, then the 'get the # on the ground' goes out the window and it would seem Mr Brown attacked the cop thinking he was coming to arrest him based on his prior actions. If anything, the cop was simply trying to do his job and was accosted by someone scared he would be arrested, acted the fool, the cop had no idea why he was acting like that and was scared and fired. Based on the video I have no doubt this kid would have tried to pull a weapon from a cop.

edit on 08pm31pmfu2014-08-15T14:39:51-05:000251 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 08pm31pmf0000002014-08-15T14:41:31-05:000231 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

BTW, the Chief also when asked why he released the robbery info in the first presser, if the cop who shot didn't know about the robbery...he said..."because the press asked for it". That makes no sense at all, because the press didn't know about it, until he told them this morning.

I thought the same thing.

This video is the very first time that anyone has heard of a robbery...before today no one knew that this even occurred. Well...Dorian Johnson did, but doesn't seem to have revealed that information.

Now I do know that the media sometimes have rumored information that they don't report on because it hasn't been confirmed. I guess it is possible that the requests he is referring to is the media asking for confirmation about the robbery.

It's all shady and doesn't make sense.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

This whole thing is just bizarre. I feel like some shady politics are going on behind the scenes or something (big fing surprise that is right?). Seems like the guy is throwing the cop under the bus with one hand and giving him help at the same time.

I know Domo. the reporters on TV all look very confused. They are trying to figure out why the second presser that contradicts the first presser. They are like us, trying to figure it out, and noting all the conflicting stories now.

I wonder if he did the presser as a way to try to take back some contole of a situation he had it all taken away from him.

He's used to being the BOSS..I don't think he's coming across as quite sane right now...just desperate.

Des

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I think there i s a behind the scenes power struggle going on. I also think part of the reason Chief released the robbery info and vid this morning is because he's freakin' pissed being shoved off to the side by the Gov. and being replaced last night by the cool HWY Patrol Officer, who kept everything calm and peaceful.

I think he's trying to rial the people of Ferguson up again to start being violent. I think he's doing something really stupid and egotistical like that.

They need to lock him in one of his own cells. People are getting upset about the whole video thing to take the heat off the cop who shot him.

Des

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: hemogoblin

I understand your point, first world problems as it is.

The horror that is going on in Iraq is terrible and in comparison is horrific to the nth degree.

But what you are seeing in Ferguson is a community standing up for itself against a local government that murdered one of their children without provocation.

Yes it does pale in comparison to the nightmare the people of Iraq have to deal with every day. And I don't want to diminish that horror.

It doesn't mean that we in the US or the UK should do anything about it. My personal opinion is that the middle east needs to police itself.

That's the only way that I can see that the middle east will eliminate radical Islam.

Here in the US we incarcerate more people per capita than the rest of the world, and the majority of those are African Americans.

The percentages are higher almost across the board for black defendants sentences than any other demographic.

Black people are far more likely to receive a harsher sentence than a white person for the same crime.

So you have to understand why the black community reacts so intently to one of their own being straight up murdered by law enforcement. The community as a whole is scrutinized more harshly by this society.

So, when an obvious injustice like this is witnessed by the community, they feel no other choice but to react forcefully. It's not the right reaction per se, but back any group into a corner and you can expect the same thing.

Iraq is horrible, I had the opportunity to work in Iraq, I turned it down, because the people I was going to work for were Chaldean. Coptic Christians, in Iraq. Guess why I turned that down.

In America there are enclaves where people do not mix well. And in some tight knit communities, attacking or disrespecting an individual of that community can end violently.

Its lucky for all involved that the governor put the state police in charge. The local cops were just making things worse.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Personally I don't see how you people side with these protesters. They get violent. They loot shoe stores and steal gas because they feel they are justified in doing so.

They want justice... where is the justice for the stores they robbed? a violation of civil rights? where are the civil rights of the rest of us that can't walk through black neighborhoods at night?

Nobody knows the whole story, they just see it as a reason to loot.

How about every time a black man kills a white person or violates their civil rights we all group up in protest and loot shoe stores and gas stations.
Eventually it would become old news because it would be an everyday ongoing occurrence.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven
Retracting this post per new information, incident after 2pm was a separate shots fired.
Michael Brown was shot just after noon as documented in twitter posts.

Proof that incident occurred just after noon:
DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE A DEAD BODY
twitter.com...
DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE A DEAD BODY

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Ya know what? Maybe white people are to docile. Maybe white people should march on black neighborhoods if a white person is killed by black people.

Might start a race war though.

Maybe instead, when a cop kills a white person unprovoked, white people should march and riot too. Maybe our militarized police force will calm down.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Holy Crap Roidman...the Chief just said the cop who shot Michael, didn't know about the robbery at all. When asked why cop stopped Michael, he said because he was walking in the road.

That's not what the police report that was released in the first presser says.

Spin spin spin...why is he changing the story now?

Des

I could of swore I heard the chief say something to the effect he hadn't read that report yet. If so .........then whos reading them and shouldn't they be doing the presser?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Its interesting how the resolution of the video seems to be wide screen 1080P when the image looks like its D1 (720X480) or CIFF which is what you get on a cellphone DVR stream. Which doesn't make sense to place at the entrance of a big businesses like QTs, the tech is really cheap to go HD in terms of CCTV.

Can anybody else look into this, or I am just mistaken. I have experience with this subject but I would bet somebody would look into this.

a reply to: Parthin

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

I think they should stop doing pressers. People wanted the name of the officer who shot Brown. They got that this morning. All this other crap is just throwing fuel on the fire. CNN is now showing another part of the robbery store vid clip that was given to them after the first snippet that was given to them.

Why in the hell are they doling out sections of the video in bits and pieces? To what end. This new clip just shows Brown in an section of the store with shelving, picking items off a shelf. He didn't put them in his pocket or anything.

Are they going to keep doling out vid clips like scooby snacks for the press?

Des

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: junior2991
Seriously, I paid like 45 bucks for my webcam and it records at 1080p+
It does take up a lot of space recording at high res high fps though, I filled up a 2TB hd when I went on vacation and left it on motion triggered. But then HD space is relatively cheap too, and worth the investment in a business really IMO.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Was the video recorded on 2014-06-09 ???

scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net...

Another one

fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net... &oe=54655757&__gda__=1417425469_58ec4e7d112255c9ec913b91668a8070
edit on 11pm08_0982014-08-15T16:09:11-05:00 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: sam_inc
Was the video recorded on 2014-06-09 ???

scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net...

Don't know if posted yet. But, here is the second presser Chief did this afternoon.

www.huffingtonpost.com...-johnson-will-not-be-charged

Des

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

But what you are seeing in Ferguson is a community standing up for itself against a local government that murdered one of their children without provocation.

No offense, but that is making an assumption, is it not?

Making a statement of fact, which is not a proven fact, is ... what? It may be a fact, but it also may not be a fact.

It had been stated that Brown was an innocent etc etc, and yet we now see a video of him robbing a store. Granted... cheap cigars are not worth a life, but it is all predicated with what went down at the shooting. It all hinges with the truth at that moment in time.

We have had a ton of misinformation, we have had a distinct lack of information, and yet riots have ensued. Should we not try to establish truth, as much as possible, before making inflammatory statements and conclusions?

The testimony, as presented by DJ, is pretty much discredited at this time.

Unfortunately all those who are potential witnesses all seem to have a distinct lack of objectivity including the cop's partner from whom no one has heard anything.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: WhiteAlice

But what do they do when the person that they are trying to arrest becomes violent? Talk nice? The officer it seems in this point was attacked first and not the other way around. This 'adult' also just robbed and physically threatened someone a few minutes prior.

and, if the officer did not know he was a suspect, then the 'get the # on the ground' goes out the window and it would seem Mr Brown attacked the cop thinking he was coming to arrest him based on his prior actions. If anything, the cop was simply trying to do his job and was accosted by someone scared he would be arrested, acted the fool, the cop had no idea why he was acting like that and was scared and fired. Based on the video I have no doubt this kid would have tried to pull a weapon from a cop.

The problem is that "seems". We don't have video of what precisely went down. Only witness testimony and whether that testimony is slanted should be considered. Anything that we have to base any assumptions on is going to be what is presented to us in the media and also most likely suffering from slant as well. Johnson said "jaywalking" but Johnson would be unlikely to admit being with Brown at a scene of a probable robbery.

Do you remember the Telephone Game where one person says something and then, whispers it to the next person, who then, in turn whispers it to another? What comes out at the end of the game is usually pretty mangled from the original. That's why I am reserving judgment as to what occurred at the vehicle in the moments before and leaving my opinion portion at the point where the officer shot Brown in the head and chest. It is up to the DOJ and the FBI to do a thorough investigation and figure out what the truth is.

Where I hold my opinion is on those facts that are apparent and reasonably verifiable. The autopsy of Brown stated that he died of "multiple gunshot wounds" and the image of the deceased on the ground shows blood emanating from the head region. The witnesses reported that he was shot in the head. If this was disparate information from what was found in the autopsy, then that would most likely have been raised to undermine witness authenticity. In all likelihood, Brown was, in fact, shot in the head.

The use of force for a police officer states that if you are going to use deadly force, it is only if your life or the public's are in immediate danger. Considering that the suspect was unarmed and some distance from the officer (again based on photos of the deceased and distance from vehicle), the use of deadly force is questionable. Additionally, the shot in the head is not what police are supposed to do. Instead, they are supposed to aim for center mass--chest area. Not the head or arm or leg as those are smaller targets and may be easier to miss. Brown was likely shot in the head and chest. To me, that seems like both overkill and execution.

Just the facts and the most likely facts, tyvm. All the rest is surmise and probably fraught with slant.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The video was dated on June 6, 2014

fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net... d&oe=545C4040&__gda__=1415564560_6dfbc752c97aa5d5b1b69a5335de42b7

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join