It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: kicked
a reply to: scghst1

Especially on the night where these mass protests are taking place. This isn't right, but people realize that now. There is a growing mass that realizes there is an ongoing suppression of data. The next thing people need to figure out is why?

Who is behind the media blackout/data suppression/censorship and why? An extremely important question that needs looking into...
edit on 14-8-2014 by AutOmatIc because: Info

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: scghst1

There are some false reports coming through on twitter. The one I keep seeing is as happening "now" is the same vine and that's been cropped up a few times and didn't match what was actually happening on the stream for there. There ARE troublemakers afoot.

Plus there's this: twitter.com...

If RT says it's done, well, it's probably done. If there were mass arrests going on and etc, then well, I'm sure RT would be all over it just like they were about Occupy arrests.

As far as tweets from NYC go, I'm seeing tweets from NYC.

Firefox on Win 7 here.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: resistanceisfutile
a reply to: xDeadcowx

So burning cars and looting stores is the way to protest
Constitutional rights...

Frankly, if you act like a bunch on hooligan thugs, your going to get treated like it.

I'm not saying I am on the polices side in this matter....although most will say I am. Just stating that the way they are going about this is just making them look like thugs.

The burning and looting didn't start until the Chicago mayor's bunch of thugs showed up as I understand it. "Never let a good crisis go to waste" is their motto I believe.
One of the videos I saw was a local woman being asked if she had "turned in" the looters she saw. Her reaction was along the lines of, "How could I turn them in if I didn't know them. They are some of those Chicago gangsters they brought in. We don't know them, we can't turn them in if we don't know them."

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
Less might but more sight being deployed at supporting demonstrations tonight. No dash cams in Ferguson but lookey...they are....watching.

I'm not sure if this has been cleared up or not but Leimert Park is in Los Angeles. Not sure about any Drones over Ferguson.

Recently, just months ago I believe, the LAPD got their brand new toys...Drones

edit on 8/14/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: scghst1
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Thats really really strange. I am running Firefox on Ubuntu 14.06. I swear this must be a geo-tag censorship at it's finest as I am from New York and there are people claiming there is a blackout occurring in NYC tonight.

When are those, sticking corks in social network conduits, going to figure out. Blocking communication just pisses people off even more.

They are shooting themselves in the foot. Don't mess with people's FB and Tweeting....it gives them a damn good reason to make a bigger stink.

But, it does also show people, how little control we actually have in getting info out. So, I guess that's good...in a way.

Des

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'm a freaking idiot. I fell for a loop again. I thought it was starting to sound familiar.
edit on 1420140820141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

I was about to post "This guy has been saying the same thing all night".

edit on 1520140820141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Possible shooting on Canfield and W. Florisant about 3 minutes ago live on this scanner.

Scanner

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
In a reply to myself:

There was a shooting at the protest site. Someone was bleeding and in critical condition and someone brought the victim to the St. Louis State Police Command Center needing EMS.

This is per the live police scanner.

The person is being transported to the nearest hospital.
edit on 15-8-2014 by scghst1 because: spelling.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx
a reply to: resistanceisfutile

It started as a protest against out of control police murdering people in the street.

After the riot squad started indiscriminately shooting rubber bullets, wooden pellets, and tear gas it became a protest against human and constitutional rights.

Could there be an agenda unfolding here..? We can't say the police came unprepared. It is as if they are provoking a riot, wth is going on here ?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

There is also evidence that the police allowed the rioting and looting to happen without a response.

Police allowed looting

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: scghst1
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Thats really really strange. I am running Firefox on Ubuntu 14.06. I swear this must be a geo-tag censorship at it's finest as I am from New York and there are people claiming there is a blackout occurring in NYC tonight.

When are those, sticking corks in social network conduits, going to figure out. Blocking communication just pisses people off even more.

They are shooting themselves in the foot. Don't mess with people's FB and Tweeting....it gives them a damn good reason to make a bigger stink.

But, it does also show people, how little control we actually have in getting info out. So, I guess that's good...in a way.

Des

I'm running FF 31 on Win8.1, via Verizon internet. I'm not having anything blocked here in FL. I can google the "hands up dont shoot" deal, I can browse the Twitter search results, etc.
If it's anything suspect at all going on with censoring, I'd double check one's ISP, and let people know publicly if you think yours is blocking. If it's a geographical pattern or a certain company, that would be more helpful than "those blocking social media, yada yada" because at this point, it needs proven first before declared.
edit on 8/15/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I am using Time Warner Cable, Rochester/Buffalo division here in NY.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
This is growing fast. But we'll have to wait and see if it has any holding power or makes and difference. What is the count know if cities protesting now 2 or 3? I know I've heard about it in NY and the starting town is still going but I've not seen anything about it going on else where.

If they start up in DC I think it'll be an interesting time.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The mood this morning on the mainstream CNN, news is that things are calming down. Peaceful protests are finding common ground here. The last 4 days have been both sides expressing a lot of anger and frustration. The name of the officer will be released to the public was also reported.

I did notice most of the clips they showed on CNN, really did help to paint a picture of peaceful protests, and lots of good people standing up for what is right.
The cop shot this kid, and not just 1, 2 times, but 6 times!!

The clip they put side by side with the EYE witnesses, where both their recall of events where spot on with each other.
In the eye of the law it stands up. As when eye witnesses reports differ, than it is likely it is not close to the truth.
Both eye witnesses testimony was spot on what happened.

The protestors Chat. *Hands up, Don't Shot.*

Seems online work and tweeter, social media, ATS, web forums have had a large effect. The media could not be blocked without being exposed as total Tyrants. Online reporting kept the info flowing. I sense good things, and maybe justice this time.

Just look up this morning news to verify more information.
But I also you suggest to find alternate unfiltered news, that was Cut out of MS news.

I noticed they said on CNN, that it was bringing up a lot of conspiracy theories, anon, and they changed the subject really quick, and made it an obvious shield to their status quo propaganda machine.
I do not watch much MS media outlets. Sometimes I will watch it, to see what is being spoon fed for their morning.
*I found it in bad taste to show Mike Browns dead body on national TV. I am like ugh.
edit on 15-8-2014 by zysin5 because: Edit1

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

I've always believed that there is only one way that these kinds of protests will ever make any real difference...

The people involved, that actually live in these neighborhoods, need to learn how to look for, identify, and most importantly, prevent (detain via citizens arrest if necessary) any and all troublemakers, 'imported' or otherwise.

Every organized protest should have its own internal security for this very purpose. If you see someone readying a molotov cocktail - challenge them, and if need be, stop them by whatever means necessary.

I guarantee the peaceful protestors far outweigh the thugs (especially t he imported ones), so I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
For today I'm just thankful no one else died last night.The protests in NY and Missouri could have gone south.
Have the police learned anything from them?I certainly hope so but im not very optimistic.
edit on CDTFriam5661 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The Civil Rights Act is 50 years old. These two pictures were taken 50 years apart. Behold our progress.

New Ferguson Police Commander Ron Johnson Walks With Protesters

"We all want justice. We all want answers," the new commander, Capt. Ron Johnson of the Missouri State Highway Patrol, told The Associated Press.

Rand Paul: We Must Demilitarize the Police

Peaceful protests are going much better this morning, as reported by MSM.
They are trying to defuse the situation, before anyone gets killed. They are reporting, "No one has been hurt."
Is that true? I listened to the live feed, and seemed many people got hurt, shot at. tear gas. Reports in this thread show how the cops reacted to peaceful protestors. It was a mess and very murky. Point is things seem calmer here.
That is a good thing.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Swat truck repositioned, gun pointing straight at protesters

First they came for the Tea Partiers, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Tea Partier.
Then they came for the black, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not black
Then they came for the journalist, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a journalist.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

We are all in this together. Doesn't matter our skin color or where we come from. Eventually, it will be at your door.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: zysin5

I used to live near Oakland, Ca. Many times I have seen black people getting beaten up in the streets by police. Unarmed people. I have seen them shot, I have seen them dragged across concrete and literally picked up and thrown into the back of the paddy wagon head first.

But none of these things has ever been on the news. I'm ashamed to see that nothing is changing in our country. Racism is rampant as always. Where are the militia? Why are they not helping the people in Ferguson?

This is all I care to say about this. No one need answer me. Actions speak louder than words.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Tatanka

I'd note that quite the opposite is true. A LOT has changed to see how this situation seems to have ended. Not how it started. How it ended.

In years past, it would have been unthinkable to essentially fire one police department outright for jurisdiction and command (St Louis County PD) and emasculate another within their very OWN community for all to see it happen.

This is what NEEDED to happen, but the night before last? I never would have bet money this could have gone down how it has.

The difference I applaud now isn't about the fact we still have some racist SOB's in uniform and in police cars in Missouri. I knew that as sure as I know the Sun rises in the East. It's the fact the State has stepped in and done something about it. In THIS case? The plight of the people of Ferguson DID matter and it DID piss off more than JUST the people on the street. Perhaps arresting journalists and politicians with no more regard than taking out trash....was a REALLY BAD idea. Either way..their goose is cooked and OTHER cops are setting the oven temp for the aftermath on the bad cops.

I'm enjoying the show about to commence at this point. This will be a real thing to watch in how it all gets sorted out.

new topics

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join