It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Onesided Destruction of Christianity in America

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: technical difficulties

a reply to: technical difficulties

I gave up reading all the bull after the first 5 pages. After that you guys are just being jerks.

Yes, I'm clearly a jerk for wanting reliable information instead of just headlines. No, not the person who expects the reader to do their work for them, but the guy calling that person out on their laziness. Just post your sources for the stories in the OP, this isn't hard to understand.

I know how you feel. I wanted sources for his claims all the way back on page 1 and never got them. This whole thread is just a sensationalized mess.

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND. No seek and you remain ignorant. I make my students research if you want to see if the things I say are true then search for them. You will not because you don't want too. You will probably use the excuse I have no time. But you spent a lot of time bashing and slamming, take that time to do your research.

I gave a hint to the high school in question, and I gave link but you didn't do your research.

FIRST, I've already proven that you have sensationalized the stories in this thread. Twice. Second, I've also linked you to a page on burden of proof that says it is YOUR duty to provide the proof NOT the person you are talking to. I'm just going to sit back and continue to call you a liar since I have no reason to prove you right. So don't give me that BS "don't want to do my research" nonsense. It's not my responsibility to make sure that YOU are telling the truth. I'll just be content saying you are a liar for not sourcing your claims. So far, I'm batting 1000 in that department since the two stories I did see sources for turned out weren't saying what you were saying.

ETA: Just saw his last post in the thread. It's not worth it anymore. The OP clearly just trolled all of us.
edit on 14-8-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Pff. no worse than the continuous attack of the Fundamentalist Christian mindset to control everything. Pretty much a "can't have your cake and eat it too" situation.

Christian fundies: We must get Halloween out of the schools! It's EVIL!

Schools comply (out of stupidity) and now we have "fall festivals" and the kids can't dress up as anything "scary" because it's of the devil...

Secular community: Make Christmas in the schools more secular and let the focus on Jesus be with the home and churches.

Schools comply (out of stupidity) and now we have winter carnivals and parties.

On one hand, the idiot faction of Christianity ruins Halloween and on the other are outraged that the idiot faction of the secular community ruined Christmas. Tit for tat. Nobody is happy.

Me? I say if you want no Halloween and a holy Christmas, send your kids to a Christian private school. Otherwise just shut the hell up.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Throwing bible verses at me is no way to have a discussion.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

no one even knew for years that I was a Christian until I slipped up and said something about my church.

One of the best video's I have ever watched was the last speech by Martin Luther King (RIP). He knew he was going to die but it didn't stop him from preaching Gods will to his final breath. God tests us all, he is testing the Muslims, and will test the Christians. Wear your Christianity with pride, come what may.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
This is the Elites real agenda, to destroy Christianity.

The reason?

They worship Lucifer...

It isn't about money, it's about souls.

This is why the NWO agenda centers on keeping the truth as far away from you and me as is possible.

Since they do not have the truth OR facts on their side they have only one option:

Character assassination, distraction, obfuscation, and biased reasoning to back up their lies.

Ultimately, the New World Order is about replacing the rule of God with the rule of Lucifer. That's why "God" has become a dirty word. The goal of the Illuminati is to destroy Christianity and Western civilization. Illuminati worship Lucifer and teach that Jesus is a myth. How can you be so blind as to the irony and absolute deception of this? www.henrymakow.com...

"The express aim of the Order was to abolish Christianity, and overturn all civil Government." John Robison, Proofs of a Conspiracy

But this is exactly the agenda: To destroy Christianity, just as they have destroyed empires, nations, heterosexual identities and nuclear families. The agenda is to strip people of power and identity leaving us defenseless in the face of one-world tyranny.

The present "world system", which is Satanic and seeks power for itself under Humanism, devoid of true God, aligns itself with base nature, presuming all glory to the creation rather than its glorious Creator. This is paganism. "For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator" (Romans 1). www.rense.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Throwing bible verses at me is no way to have a discussion.

If it was good enough for the Lord Jesus Christ, it's good enough for us.

Jesus quoted OT prophets, using the words, “It is written”.

The apostles frequently did the same thing.

Since they are our examples, that shows us we should do the same.

Jesus quoted scriptures for a good reason:

Words are not simply sounds caused by air passing through our larynx. Words have real power. God spoke the world into being by the power of His words (Hebrews 11:3), and we are in His image in part because of the power we have with words. Words do more than convey information. The power of our words can actually destroy one’s spirit, even stir up hatred and violence. They not only incite wounds but inflict them directly. Of all the creatures on this planet, only man has the ability to communicate through the spoken word. The power to use words is a very unique and powerful gift from God.

Though it is a gift, our words have the power to destroy and the power to build up (Proverbs 12:6). The writer of Proverb tells us: “The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit” (Proverbs 18:21). Are we using words to build up people or destroy them? Are they filled with hate or love, bitterness or blessing, complaining or compliments, lust or love, victory or defeat? Like tools they can be used to help us reach our goals or to send us spiraling into a deep depression.

Furthermore, our words not only have the power to bring us death or life in this world, but in the next as well. Jesus said: “But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned” (Matthew 12:36-37). Words are so important, that we are going to give an account of what we say when we stand before the Lord Jesus Christ.

www.gotquestions.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Im sorry, i thought Lucifer was taking the methods of Christianity, and making it his for his own gains?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

BTW, I would like to thank everyone.

Part of the reason I started this page is to observe your interaction between each other based on how you read the OP and each others texts.

The communication interpretation in a written format ability of many of you is sorely lacking.

Many of you (not all of you) are having very deep and serious problems communicating, not just in a forum context, and in my opinion of what I can observe, it is a safe assumption you are having problems communicating in your own personal relationships as well.

I have observed here and in other threads and forum websites, a similar pattern of inability to contextually assimilate or comprehend information.

The communication interpretation in a written format ability of many of you is sorely lacking.

Many of you are highly intelligent and that is part of the problem.

I have found this seriously flawed ability to read into written format is quite common in intellectuals especially those in Journalism, computer programing, medical and social govt fields.

At least these four fields are at the top of the list of inability to correctly read context comprehension.

It is found throughout society but those of higher education seem to violate the principle more than other fields.

People you have all been played for the smug and arrogant amusement of the OP

If you like being duped and having the OP sit back in judgement on everyone who has posted on this thread;
keep feeding the ego of someone who is sitting back with a smug attitude about having fooled all of us.

If you don't like being duped, abandon this thread please.

edit on 14-8-2014 by grandmakdw because: to highlight the OP's salient points

edit on 14-8-2014 by grandmakdw because: same

edit on 14-8-2014 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Maybe, we should crucify him for lying...I mean it the christian thing to do, and he a christian. Send him to hell an what not.

We gotta purge his soul in unholy hell fire.

I kno, lets burn him like 14 th century Europe or 16th century N.A

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Or we could do the reasonable thing and out him as a troll and move on with our lives.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen

Maybe, we should crucify him for lying...I mean it the christian thing to do, and he a christian. Send him to hell an what not.

We gotta purge his soul in unholy hell fire.

I kno, lets burn him like 14 th century Europe or 16th century N.A

OMG you just made the OP's day

He is looking for just this sort of comment to sit back and laugh at you.

Well, gotta take my own advice, adios.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Specimen

Or we could do the reasonable thing and out him as a troll and move on with our lives.

However one does that on ATS

I would appreciate if you know how to do just that and let the Mods know.

We may not agree on politics or religion, but I'm glad we can agree the OP is trolling and baiting.

edit on 14-8-2014 by grandmakdw because: grammar

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

BTW, I would like to thank everyone.

Part of the reason I started this page is to observe your interaction between each other based on how you read the OP and each others texts.

Many of you (not all of you) are having very deep and serious problems communicating, not just in a forum context, and in my opinion of what I can observe, it is a safe assumption you are having problems communicating in your own personal relationships as well.

I have observed here and in other threads and forum websites, a similar pattern of inability to contextually assimilate or comprehend information.

Many of you are highly intelligent and that is part of the problem.

I have found this seriously flawed ability to read into written format is quite common in intellectuals especially those in Journalism, computer programing, medical and social govt fields.

At least these four fields are at the top of the list of inability to correctly read context comprehension.

It is found throughout society but those of higher education seem to violate the principle more than other fields.

People you have all been played for the smug and arrogant amusement of the OP

If you like being duped and having the OP sit back in judgement on everyone who has posted on this thread;
keep feeding the ego of someone who is sitting back with a smug attitude about having fooled all of us.

If you don't like being duped, abandon this thread please.

I did not say this was my purpose for the thread I said I used it to observe the interaction. I did write the OP in a way that a sane and sober person could read it with factual comprehension and without personal bias. I did not infer anything into the post that many of you concluded from it. Just as you thinking this was a study or that I played you. The OP was an actual thread for the revelation of the One-sided Destruction of Christianity.

But as many of you have done. you read your own bias and interpretation into the OP(and other post within this thread) and made judgements on points that were not in the OP (as well of in many replies to the OP).

This helped me to see how people miscommunicate, when only 7% of the communication medium between people is utilized. Believe it or not this is going to be the sole medium of communication in which people will use and we need to know how to change this. I read comments sections of web sites just for observation. It was the first time I took notice of any of my own threads.

So far the only way to change this it through education. But even that won't work unless you are willing to admit you are fallible in you ability to properly interpret written text.

edit on 14-8-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
If it was good enough for the Lord Jesus Christ, it's good enough for us.

It's not good enough for me. I don't follow your religion. It's not a discussion if you just quote things that I don't even care about. I want to hear what ATS members think, not what your religion thinks.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

A. I don't care about the OP, I am talking with OTHER people.
B. MOST threads here are started to see others' reactions and responses. The OP usually has judgments about the posters.
C. The OP doesn't "fool" me. I am not duped. Who cares what he thinks or what his judgments are? Maybe you do, but I could not care less what he thinks.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

If you a problem with the words of your own creator, I can assure you that NO mans words are ever going to be good enough for you.

FYI, neither I do I follow my 'religion'.

Contrary to popular beliefs, religion and God are two completely different topics.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

And no one mentions the motive behind it, anti-Christian sentiment, just say its wrong, not that the motive is wrong.

There is a lot wrong with this world and in this world. You keep wanting to put words in people's mouths - and write out their beliefs for them - so you can bring everything back around to you

There are so many being killed right now that are not Christian - but, even then, even when someone says it's wrong to kill the Christians you insist that we won't focus on the true motive

Crocodile tears for anyone but your own kind is all I see - their loss not nearly so dear as your own

Poor dear

Do you see this post as persecution?

I would have happily left this thread last night and moved on, if it weren't for the sneakiness. The atheists - the non-believers, the government - the Muslims - who else? All of them out to get you? Who is it that you wish would just shut-up - or go away?

Let's have an honest chat about persecution - shall we?

When your enemies outnumber you, when they can out finance you, out legislate you or afford to out-wait you - then you can come back and whine about persecution

Meanwhile - there are still people in this world reeling from the - let's just call it influence - of your less than egalitarian faith

I've got nothing against the true Christians Ms.Thing - they are my family and they are my friends. I have a big problem with hypocrisy, hatred, power grabs and subjugation. A very real cry for freedom and equality in this world has been met with nothing but resistance and digging in - to what end?

Persecution - give me a frigging break

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

A. I don't care about the OP, I am talking with OTHER people.
B. MOST threads here are started to see others' reactions and responses. The OP usually has judgments about the posters.
C. The OP doesn't "fool" me. I am not duped. Who cares what he thinks or what his judgments are? Maybe you do, but I could not care less what he thinks.

Bravo, that is a good attitude.

the OP was started to get peoples response to the OP and nothing more. But the more I read and have read all 14 pages I saw a trend. So I went back re-read and saw this amazing trend, of which could not be denied, and is going to help me in my teaching "Interactive communication in the written format".

Why?

Because many of you intelligent people have a problem in comprehension of the subject without adding your personal biased to the written text. That is a clear danger of written media such as in forum threads blogs and emails. We are at the forefront of addressing these issues in communication so that there are less and less misunderstandings in the Medium.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

If you a problem with the words of your own creator, I can assure you that NO mans words are ever going to be good enough for you.

FYI, neither I do I follow my 'religion'.

Contrary to popular beliefs, religion and God are two completely different topics.

My creator(s) were my parents.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

You should include providing sensationalized accounts to back up opinions to foster certain hostilities in your opponent's arguments while you are at it, which is what the entire OP is with all your claims.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join