It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer Caught On Video Calling Michael Brown Protesters 'F***ing Animals'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
What would you prefer he call them; savages, beasts, what? Any of these would apply.a reply to: switchqm8

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Ah, yes.. By all means: bad behavior excuses further bad behavior.

I can kill my neighbor, because by George, there are lots of people who have killed more. Therefore my single act of murder can be excused, no?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

I did watch the video. I'm also able to deduce the frustration from the police trying to get this situation under control

I am also able to reconcile the fact that some of the protesters since they are from that community probably had taken part in the looting and civil unrest.

That being said it was a very short video and showed nothing that happened before this cut out section was selectively put out for mass consumption

I also see you congratulated those you agreed with and shamed everyone else in the thread because you ASSUMED they didn't watch the video

So to you I offer only this. Perhaps you should be more introspective and less accusatory before shaming anyone

edit on 8/13/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Dude... go spend a couple months in a project, interview the residents to see if they are making any effort to leave the ghetto. Find out what they think, what they do, how they live.

Then come back and make excuses.

Dare ya.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Protesting is protesting. I have no problem with that.

Looting, rioting, stealing, damaging property is the issue.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

They did not riot, loot, steal, and so on.

Just like OWS vs Tea Party gatherings.

OWS destroyed areas.
Tea Party members cleaned up after themselves.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
I also see you congratulated those you agreed with and shamed everyone else in the thread because you ASSUMED they didn't watch the video

So to you I offer only this. Perhaps you should be more introspective and less accusatory before shaming anyone

Perhaps you should read more carefully. Did I list you as having not seen the video? No? There you go then. Read better.

It was quite clear from the video that the cop in question challenged protestors standing around holding signs to essentially 'come at him' - a quite literal attempt to incite a riot.

From an officer of the law.

And yet people in this thread kept saying that it was yelled by a cop at rioters/looters. It was not. Read. Better.

I have made no comments elsewhere in this thread. Yet you throw me on 'a side' with people who 'agree with me.' Rather slanderous, don't you think?
edit on 14Wed, 13 Aug 2014 14:05:16 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: Tardacus

Dude... go spend a couple months in a project, interview the residents to see if they are making any effort to leave the ghetto. Find out what they think, what they do, how they live.

Then come back and make excuses.

Dare ya.

I am not Tardacus but I have lived in some of the worst neighborhoods in Chicago and some of the best neighborhoods in Chicago. And I say you are wrong because you are lumping the good in with the bad. Which is what I see now people like to do. From my personal experience the people in both are roughly the same. Half work hard and half are lazy. The difference is the lazy half in the ghetto is living off the state. The lazy half in the rich areas are living off their parents or grand parents or trust funds. And I am not only talking about teens either. If you actually you know travel around and go to all these places without preconceived judgements. You will see this. It is human nature. Some of us are lazy. Some of us are not.

I went from little village to east Lakeview to the northern suburbs. I worked my butt off. I have also traveled extensively to other low income high crime areas around the country in anti gang initiatives. So I have seen the richest and the poorest. Rich African Americans act like rich Caucasians. Poor African Americans act like poor Caucasians. And like I said 50/50 with both poor and rich when it comes to lazy/hard working. So not all people from the ghetto are lazy and seek handouts and want to live there without doing anything ever.
edit on 13-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Perhaps you should read more carefully. Did I list you as having not seen the video? No? There you go then. Read better.

It was quite clear from the video that the cop in question challenged protestors standing around holding signs to essentially 'come at him' - a quite literal attempt to incite a riot.

From an officer of the law.

And yet people in this thread kept saying that it was yelled by a cop at rioters/looters. It was not. Read. Better.

Go read better? You said "to everyone else"

And it doesn't matter if you mentioned me anyway. Your post was full if assumptions and accusatory statements....

You tell me to read better but it seems to me I read it quite clearly...

Obviously the comprehension issue isn't coming from my end because I stated what thought of the video

I suggest perhaps taking a step back and refraining from personally attacking anyone on the thread....

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Protesting is protesting. I have no problem with that.

Looting, rioting, stealing, damaging property is the issue.

I completely agree with that. I even said that in all my posts.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Go read better? You said "to everyone else"

And it doesn't matter if you mentioned me anyway. Your post was full if assumptions and accusatory statements....

You tell me to read better but it seems to me I read it quite clearly...

Obviously the comprehension issue isn't coming from my end because I stated what thought of the video

Yes, read better.

It is rather clear from the context of my post that I referred to those I quoted as being "the rest." Also, you are falsely quoting that I wrote "everyone else."

There were statements of fact, not mere accusations. I do not have a horse in this race. I watched the video in the op. I then saw a trend of people who clearly did not, a few who certainly did, and commented upon it.
edit on 14Wed, 13 Aug 2014 14:13:14 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
doublepost
edit on 14Wed, 13 Aug 2014 14:11:09 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Ok so now "the rest". Is different from "everyone else"

Give me a break man.....

"Depends on what your definition of "is" is"

Cute. Your accusations and assumptions are dually noted.

Statements of fact huh? So you know for a FACT. that "the rest". Didn't watch the video huh?

Your heated opinions do not equate to fact. Neither does mine or anyone elses

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Here are the people who actually watched the video, which you can tell by their comments:
switchqm8
LDragonFire
smurfy
karmicecstasy

Congratulations to these fine posters. Shame on the rest.

Seems like you've got a lot of time on your hands.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
I have not changed my post that you falsely quoted.

It is not my fault that you cannot read properly. Stop blaming failings of people on others.

They did not watch the video. They jumped to conclusions. They commented without thought.

You aren't even listed amongst those who did this, yet you leap to their defense because of perceived 'sides' of this thread. Curious, isn't it?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I can dig it!

The half that are rich and are living off their relatives cost me nothing.

In my case, I was in a HUD community interviewing residents. By far...by really far the lions share (something like 90+%) were content to collect SSI and pay $25/month for an all utilities paid apartment even though it was the pits and crime in the area was horrendous. There were a few that were making an attempt to get out of there and were dead serious about it.

The remaining were women with multiple kids who let men "stay" with them as long as the men could buy them things... Virtually none had anything resembling a job, and were not looking for work. I had a list of numbers for organizations that would provide training etc and help those in need get jobs. Virtually no one was interested. Many refused to take the list at all.

It was the plight of the children that bothered me the most. They were being raised by people who were far from being good role models. They were being raised in a situation that did not value education, hard work and "getting ahead in life". Their role models were druggies, and sundry different types of criminals. No need to go into details. What chance do these kids have of breaking the cycle? Very little....

So, yeah.... some people will work hard, be good parents and make something of themselves while setting a decent example for their kids. Others... well.. not.

Did I paint the picture with a wide swath? Yes...perhaps just a bit too wide, but the fact is, most will not leave the ghetto as long as they are getting their HUD housing, SNAP and SSI even if provided with a path and help. You have to want to help yourself first.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The quote that you had from me was taken out of context.
Put the whole thing up, instead of what you did.

I will save you the trouble....
Here is the entire post:

The trouble that I have with it is that there is only a big problem with police brutality when there is a black person involved.

Take the case of the mentally disturbed man in California that was beaten to death by multiple cops on video. The cops involved got away with it..... even with a trial. There should have been a national flash mob there, demanding real justice.

A black guy gets shot, there is a quick decision to loot stores, without time for an investigation, much less a trial.

Am I wrong?
Where are the demonstrations, much less riots and looting in the case of a white guy that had mental issues that was not fighting back... and was beaten to death on video???

edit on b000000312014-08-13T14:27:45-05:0002America/ChicagoWed, 13 Aug 2014 14:27:45 -0500200000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I have not changed my post that you falsely quoted.

It is not my fault that you cannot read properly. Stop blaming failings of people on others.

They did not watch the video. They jumped to conclusions. They commented without thought.

You aren't even listed amongst those who did this, yet you leap to their defense because of perceived 'sides' of this thread. Curious, isn't it?

They didn't watch the video and jumped to conclusions? Like you jumped to conclusions that they didn't watch the video?

You do see how disengenious this is that you are making these assumptions about posters just because you don't agree with them don't you?

I lept to their defense because whether I agree with them or not your accusations are hypocritical and not conducive to a productive discussion and discourse.

I have some strong opinions on this but I admit also the lines are a bit blurred.

However just because some people's opinions do not mesh does not make them invalid. Not should they be shamed or shouted down.

Not by you

Not by me

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
They shamed themselves, not me.

Everyone in this thread who has actually watched the video can see that these posters did not.

Stop defending ignorance.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

They shamed themselves, not me.

Everyone in this thread who has actually watched the video can see that these posters did not.

Stop defending ignorance.

You mean to say you believe the posters you agree with watched the video and the ones you do not ....didn't ....

At least be honest about it

Stop displaying ignorance

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join