It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer Caught On Video Calling Michael Brown Protesters 'F***ing Animals'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The looting has continued.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Four seconds into the video it shows people kicking a police car? Where is the peaceful protest? They are acting like animals. If you kick a police car, sorry, anyone in the vicinity should be on guard. The few are making it harder for the many so if that is the case how about the many beat the hell out of the few and chill them out? Because the few are violent and it shows.

White, Black, Indian or Chinese...if you willfully strike an officers vehicle you are a threat and should be treated as such. I am sure when kicking if one of them was injured the headline would read "YOUTH RUN OVER BY PASSING OFFICER", eyewitness would say they were doing nothing and Rev Al would be calling Barack on the batphone in the white house to shut down the white establishment...

edit on 08pm31pmfu2014-08-13T12:02:01-05:001201 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If this was a bunch of militia members doing this. A lot of you crying foul would be doing mental gymnastics to convince yourselves that a protest like this was justified. You would be saying that the people had enough and are fed up with the police state America has become. Remember the almost Bundy ranch incident. It did not turn violent but if it did a lot of you would be cheering it on. Saying its the justified thing to do. When faced with heavy handed government and police actions. Now not all of you but a lot of you.

Now before someone jumps on me. I am not supporting looting. The looting that happened and is still going on is wrong. Those people are causing harm and are in it for selfish reasons. Again I am not for looters at all. Destroying local businesses is wrong. But that footage is not a police officers calling a looter a expletive animal. Which is a valid point of view. That officer is calling a protester from a protest aimed squarely at the police and government of the area an expletive animal. Which is what a lot of people on the original thread about the riot said was justifiable. Aiming your protest at the government not local businesses. So people make up your minds.

Again this is not all of you. Just aimed at some of the people I saw post in the original thread that anger against the police is justified but not looting. Now there on this thread calling the protesters not looters animals too. But as always people are free to believe what they want. Just please keep it consistent. This is just my humble opinion. Take it or leave it.
edit on 13-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: switchqm8

The tension in a St. Louis suburb following the shooting of an unarmed African-American teenager by a police officer was thrown into stark relief Sunday night in a video captured by CNN of a police officer yelling a derogatory phrase at protesters.

"Bring it, all you #ing animals! Bring it!" the officer said in the exchange.

Police Officer Caught On Video Calling Michael Brown Protesters 'F***ing Animals'

How professional yea trust these guys agitators much? Wonder why some people are losing it they seem to be instigating it

Or because he knew what was going to happen and would rather just get it over with?

There will be a group of people legitimately protesting, genuinely grieving for the deceased and upset about what happens. There's nothing wrong with that.

Then there is the group that sees this is an early Christmas present. The kind who want to strut around and beat their chests, but are afraid to do it without numbers to back them up. They're not there to protest, they're there because they want to cause trouble or show off to their friends.

And then there are the ones who don't care about the deceased, the protests, or trying to look hard. They're not looking to puff their peacock tails at the police. They're just waiting the chance to steal stuff. They probably have a shopping list kept in their back pocket for just such an occasion.

It's not a race thing, it's not a cultural thing, it's just how humans work. Happens over and over again.

I bet that police officer has no quarrel with the first group and the comment wasn't directed at them. I bet he also knows that the second and third group are just waiting to get themselves psych'd up to the point where the mob mentality can take over. The sooner it starts, then the sooner they can start identifying who belongs to which group and make a move.

Regardless, we're all sitting here comfy and safe behind our keyboards while that officer is the one standing in harm's way. I don't plan to throw any stones at him for being blunt or using a bit of robust language.

If reaching out with love and empathy is enough to fix the situation, why aren't all the lovers and empathisers out there on the front line offering their services?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Militia members DON'T do this.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan

Militia members DON'T do this.

Militia members do not confront the police state when they think heavy handed tactics are being used. If I recall correctly that is exactly what happened at the Bundy ranch incident. They showed up armed and confronted the government. The government backed down. That is the only difference. Again I am not saying militia members loot. And I said the looters are in the wrong. I am talking about a protest aimed at the government.

If you believe the bundy ranch incident was justifiable then this protest was justifiable. Anyways this was aimed at the people in the original thread that said action against the police but not businesses was justifiable but are now crying foul and calling protesters against the police and government animals. All I am saying is people need to be consistent in their beliefs.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: jimmyx

So, one is okay since it came afterwards.

Typical.

protesting is protected by the constitution, just like the 2nd amendment is....looting and property damage is not, that's a crime....let me ask you this...if those black protesters were armed like the Bundy ranch protesters, how many dead black people would there be?

white guys can point semi-automatic rifles at law enforcement officer and threaten to kill them if they attempt to arrest somebody, but a black guy who is disrespecting a law enforcement officer gets shot....yeah, seems your values are typical, too

edit on 13-8-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Militia members down tear a town apart and attack police vehicles

Seems like a pretty stark difference to me

Therefor the comparison is moot......

Unless you can show me an example where they displaced the same violence and were applauded by the general public

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

They showed up legally armed and they also didt get phsyically aggressive w the police.

In fact when the police got physically aggressive w them. They showed restraint...

The riots and looting and attacking police cars doesn't sound like restraint to me

Again no comparison

edit on 8/13/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
OK, I've read the posts in this thread. A young man is dead, at the hands of a police officer. We do know there was some type of altercation, be it verbal or physical, we just don't know yet all the circumstances. The officer claims one thing happened, while witnesses claim another. Rioting and looting ensued after the incident occurred. Without any investigation being finished, community members are calling for actions to be taken against the officer involved. Protests and some looting continue, while police try to quell the rioting and disperse the crowds, using gas, rubber bullets, and whatever else they deem appropriate.

CNN films one police officer stating "Bring it f@#%ing animals, bring it".

What in God's name is going to happen if the officer is found guilty of wrongdoing? Better still, what will happen if video surfaces to support the officers version? Many police dept.'s have front and rear facing video cameras, and some have in-car video cameras. Witnesses have cell phones with video, although none have surfaced to my knowledge. Funny also, the NAACP, Rev. Al, and the new black panthers all claim to have interviewed witnesses to the incident, yet the police are having trouble getting witnesses to come forward. I'm sure this is going to get worse before it's all over, just hope no more lives are lost while we wait for the final word.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: switchqm8
a reply to: AlphaHawk

They are supposed to be PROFESSIONAL not acting like the people they have to arrest. That makes them no better then the rioters in my option just saying.

This cop's words definitely don't outweigh the actions of these "protesters".

Damaging property and looting?....I'd say this is less a protest and more being themselves.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Typical.

protesting is protected by the constitution, just like the 2nd amendment is....looting and property damage is not, that's a crime....let me ask you this...if those black protesters were armed like the Bundy ranch protesters, how many dead black people would there be?

If they were legally armed and showed restraint I'd guess none

However asking that question seems disengenious since they have been out robbing and being physically aggressive

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I don`t agree with the rioting and looting,I`m just pointing out the real reasons behind it.
Even the people who are doing it are themselves unaware of the real reason they are doing it and the police officer who made the comment is totally clueless as to why they are rioting.

since you misunderstood my previous post I`ll explain it.
Those people are "herded" into ghettos (like cattle into cattle pens) by the unfortunate financial situations that they are in.They live in fear for their lives everyday,fear of their neighbors,fear of strangers, and in some cases fear of their own families.
when the people who are suppose to be protecting them (the police) start killing them they are overcome with panic and fear so,they snap and their fight or flight instinct overcomes their ability to reason.Rioting and looting their own neighborhood is one of the consequences of their inability to reason as they lash out at anything in panic and fear.
To them their last small hope of protection (the police) has now become their number #1 predator,their mind is telling them that`s it`s every man for himself, kill or be killed.
so, yeah they are acting like animals but they have been living in conditions that the government won`t even let us keep animals in,and now to them their last hope of survival is gone,a new government backed predator (the police)has been released into their neighborhood and they are the #1 prey.

To us looking in from the outside all of this might seem overly dramatic but to them it`s a very real life or death existence.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I understand that. But "living in fear" doesn't excuse any of these actions and gives them no pass to inflict the same thing on the people of their neighborhoods that they accuse the police of doing

If that were the case then we should let anyone who commits a crime off because of unfortunate past issues....

Whether you live in a ghetto or on a lavish estate. You know right from wrong.

I know many people that grew up in horrible conditions. They don't use that as an excuse to act like thugs. And they shouldn't be given a pass for it.

Also not all law officers are bad. And reacting the way they have. Has just ensured more tension between themselves and the law
edit on 8/13/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Militia members down tear a town apart and attack police vehicles

Seems like a pretty stark difference to me

Therefor the comparison is moot......

Unless you can show me an example where they displaced the same violence and were applauded by the general public

There is a difference between the looters and protester. People are just lumping them together. The looters are destroying their town and the protesters are confronting the police. If you lump the protesters and looters together the comparison is moot, like you say. That is your choice and you are a good poster who backs up your arguments and I believe has been consistent in their beliefs.
Which is what my post was mainly about.

They showed up legally armed and they also didt get phsyically aggressive w the police. In fact when the police got physically aggressive w them. They showed restraint... The riots and looting and attacking police cars doesn't sound like restraint to me Again no comparison

How do you know anyone who showed up at this protest that was armed was not legally armed. That is making an assumption. It might be correct. It might not be correct. I admit I can not answer that question. The intent behind the protests is comparable. Response to heavy handed police state action. The militias in the case of the Bundy ranch incident were very restrained and played it smart. They were also much better organized and trained than the average citizen.

Again the riots and looting are not the same as the protesting. You can have both going on by different groups with different intentions. Nothing is black and white. There is room for the grey. But if you choose to lump them together that is your choice. Everyone can believe what they want. I am not one of those posters who automatically hates someone who disagrees with them lol. Like I said you are a good poster and have been consistent in what you say. You back up your arguments and I respect that.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Obviously so he could buy them all ice cream!

We have looting and rioting on one hand.

We have a cop calling protesters animals (the same people).

I know which I think are animals. Should be pretty clear.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Typical.

However asking that question seems disengenious since they have been out robbing and being physically aggressive

ok, all you black protesters, get your AR's and AK's out, lock and load, and go out and protest, because manbehindthemask says you'll be just fine, so long as you show restraint.....how many black people would laugh at that? all or just 95% of them

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: macman
Sadly, you are 100% correct. Arson, rioting and looting acts as the invitation for the racial extortionists. Rather than trying to defuse this problem Al and Jesse position themselves for TV interviews, race bating and yet never do anything for the people involved.

The press is itching for another medial circus that the Trayvon Martin trial gave them. Between the media and riming reverends this will be explosive for a long time. Nothing but heartburn and heartbreak for all of the involved parties.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Typical.

ok, all you black protesters, get your AR's and AK's out, lock and load, and go out and protest, because manbehindthemask says you'll be just fine, so long as you show restraint.....how many black people would laugh at that? all or just 95% of them

What about the white protesters?there are some there..... Again whose being racist here?

Second I said that if they had shown restraint which they did not. The place rioted and tore the neighborhood apart.

I don't recommend arming yourselves NOW

You can't expect to do things like that then carry your guns around

You're being purposefully obtuse about this t try and push the racist agenda mentality

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
Maybe he's calling out theses animals?
(referring to looting)
www.msnewsnow.com...

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Had this happened to a huge group of white folks rioting I would have been all over it in a minute.

originally posted by: subtopia
Professional no, human reaction to seeing his town that he has vowed to protect being looted, yes.

originally posted by: Domo1
Calling rioters animals makes the cop just as bad in your 'option'?

originally posted by: butcherguy
A black guy gets shot, there is a quick decision to loot stores, without time for an investigation, much less a trial.

originally posted by: Nyiah
To hell with skin color & political correctness, the looting and violent protesters are lower than animals.

originally posted by: paraphi
Maybe that was his professional opinion.

When one is acting like an unhinged animal, like I don't know looting and destroying your own home town, calling them as such is not an issue.

originally posted by: bbracken677
Animals? The proof is in their actions.

originally posted by: snypwsd
Rioting and looting is the dumbest thing you could do.

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
What's racist about calling looters animals?

originally posted by: loam
I think it understandable to describe looters and people damaging property as 'animals'.

originally posted by: FalcoFan
The cop was calling it like he sees it.

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
They were acting like animals. So what's the problem?

originally posted by: thesaneone
By looting!

originally posted by: EvillerBob
Or because he knew what was going to happen and would rather just get it over with?

originally posted by: mikeone718
This cop's words definitely don't outweigh the actions of these "protesters".

macman gets two shout outs, but he should realistically have more based on his posts in this thread:

If calling out people that are rioting and looting, breaking and stealing because something bad happened makes me a racist, then I am a racist and don't really care.

The cop in question was challenging protestors who were standing around with signs, not looters.
Every single one of you is mistaken. Congratulations on your stars of ignorance. You should be ashamed of yourselves. This is ATS, where we question everything and deny ignorance.

You did not even look at the video and instead passed judgement on the barest assumptions as to what is going on.

Watch the video instead of constructing a strawman. Or are you too afraid that your precious, preconceived ideas are wrong?

Funny how people screaming about racism are the ones making the slanderous statements

It's certainly not just them, as I have documented above.

Here are the people who actually watched the video, which you can tell by their comments:
switchqm8
LDragonFire
smurfy
karmicecstasy

Congratulations to these fine posters. Shame on the rest.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join