It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer Caught On Video Calling Michael Brown Protesters 'F***ing Animals'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Well, as this is quickly headed in directions I neither agree with or am at all comfortable with, and seeing as I'm just a member like everyone else here (still enjoying my vacation for at least a few more days too!) I'll hop back from this now.

I think I'm going to sit tight and watch how things go tonight, while wishing for nothing more than seeing it's a quiet night with little to nothing happening to watch on the feeds.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

Their neighborhoods? They don't own these neighborhoods decades even centuries of institutionalized racism has seen to that.

The context is, it was racism then just like it is now.

They are treating the citizens of America just like they treated the citizens of Iraq or Afghanistan. Military occupation looks the same does it not?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
ATTENTION!!!

This topic is not about gun rights or each other. Stop with the off topic derailing and personal insults.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire
So, since "they" don't own anything in the neighborhoods they are destroying, it is all good.

WOW....much excuses for criminals and criminal actions.

And comparing this to foreign theaters of war is about the biggest dramatic emotional statement here yet.

These people are rioting, looting, stealing and damaging property of others because someone got shoot by the police.

So, when did the local business owner become the whipping boy for such things?

You and the few others here got more excuses as to why criminal actions are okay then I have ADD moments throughout the day.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Well, what does he expect? when you treat people like animals they will start acting like animals.
When you herd people into overcrowded pens and shoot them down in the street ,yeah they will start acting like animals.
Maybe he should rethink his comment and reflect on the police actions,not just in this case but in similar cases all over the country recently,and then tell us, who are acting like animals?

edit on 13-8-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Well, as this is quickly headed in directions I neither agree with or am at all comfortable with, and seeing as I'm just a member like everyone else here (still enjoying my vacation for at least a few more days too!) I'll hop back from this now.

I think I'm going to sit tight and watch how things go tonight, while wishing for nothing more than seeing it's a quiet night with little to nothing happening to watch on the feeds.

I do not claim to know all that is happening here. I know the cop that shot this kid could definitely be in the wrong and sure it could have been a race issue. But I do not know the facts

To me military type action escalates this situation and the police state approach is also not something I like seeing

However I'm not sure how they are suppose to respond when armed hooligans are running around breaking Into places ...stealing stuff and tearing up buildings

The actions we can see from both sides are not the way this should have gone

There is no excuse for the actions of this community. That is not how you solve the problem.

It's a sad state of affairs.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
Well, what does he expect? when you treat people like animals they will start acting like animals.
When you herd people into overcrowded pens and shoot them down in the street ,yeah they will start acting like animals.
Maybe he should rethink his comment and reflect on the police actions,not just in this case but in similar cases all over the country recently,and then tell us, who is acting like animals?

One person was shot. Rightfully or wrongly. Don't know the details

Saying that the police herded them like cattle and opened fire is simply not true

What response did they think they would get by basically burning their neighborhood down around them. Inflicting suffering and fear on their own neighborhood?

What's the recourse?

How does one act of criminal behavior justify another?

They cry out that the police are making them live in fear for their lives and are opressed. Then go out and inflict fear and impression to those that live w them?

As far as I'm aware one person was shot. Not a slaughter
edit on 8/13/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Bottom line is if this were white folks rioting & looting the damn MSM would label them as " searching for supplies" and " 'protecting themselves" from violence. What are the people supposed to do? Sit around and be upset & enraged in "silence". Just why do LEO's carry Tazer's ? Yea, makes no damn sense at all. The REV AL & Jesse J, just feed off their own. These people no more want to see racism end than a man on the moon does, if that happened....they would have to find a REAL job and work for a damn living. The race merchants are far far worse than any looter in the town of Ferguson. They make their money off of strife, conflict, and RACISM.

Bottom line is: Bad behavior does not excuse more bad behavior. "Pardon me, I just killed 3 people whereas that guy over there killed 9!!"

BS concept.

You are 100% right when you say black leaders do not want to see racism end. The free ride for them would be over.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

I was in MS when Katrina hit... there was no looting in MS, but yet there was lots of it in NO. I do not recall the looters being referred as anything but looters.

Funny, because MS took the brunt of Katrina. The coast looked like a few nukes had gone off. Yet you didnt hear the whining and gnashing of teeth and the "oh my! I need help from the federal govt" from MS. Mississippians just pulled up their bootstraps and got to work rebuilding. All the whining, incompetence, corruption and blame slinging was from Louisiana. New Orleans was particularly pitiful in their response. The governor of LA did not call out the National Guard for days, and yet blamed Bush for the lack of ... everything. Pitiful.

edit on 13-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: macman

The cop was referring to protestors.

Looting and rioting happened Sunday night.

He should not be a cop "protect and serve" means bring it f%$# animals?

link   
I think it understandable to describe looters and people damaging property as 'animals'. I could see myself saying that as I witnessed the destruction. But what I don't get is the LEO's "Bring it" comment....twice.

Looks like there are plenty of animals to go around.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

The cop was calling it like he sees it.

I feel the same way every time I turn on the news and see something like "elderly woman robbed/beaten/murdered by group of home invaders".It's not whites doing this stuff,either.
Lately they have been targeting the elderly more than anything.
Hell,just google "Memphis murders".
I went to school with half of the 666 Mafia if that gives a better idea of my experience with "ghetto mentality."

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I can't see the video, but if he was saying this just about peaceful protesters, then I agree. Sounds like there's at least one animal with a badge and gun, in addition to the looters.

edit on 13-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
No rioting here, no looting just a protest but this cop wants it to become violent because these people are Animals for protesting.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Racism is alive and well..... at least here at ATS it is.

That right there is why we cannot have an honest discussion about America. About white America, about black America. The moment people begin to express themselves someone tosses in the race card. There should not be a white America, or a black America.... WE are America.

The facts are not all out yet about the shooting of the kid yet... Doubt we will ever know the full story.

Yet there is rioting and looting. What is wrong with this picture? If we denounce the rioting and looting for what it is, we are racists? Really? If we call the behavior what it is, we are racists? Really?

Bad behavior never excuses further bad behavior. Period.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

I'm sure that there's a great deal more involved. This isn't a metropolitan area; it's a small city. Likely the cop has personal ties to many of the businesses looted, the property destroyed and the people that own them. His response was certainly human. Appropriate? No so much. But human, definitely.

So while we see the sound bite, we're not seeing everything involved.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

When they come to your neighborhood and tear gas you off of your lawn, how will you feel? Especially when no one comes to help?

When they come to your neighborhood and riot and loot, how will you feel? Specially when no one comes to help because that would be fascism and racism.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

I don't live in a autozone.

They didn't loot houses.

So your ok with this cop responding to protesters the way he did?

Its ok for the police who have all the power and authority to get angry but not ok for the people to get angry?
edit on 13-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join