It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Gaza Issue Resolved. Israel Not Targeting Women and Children.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: sosobad

a reply to: sosobad
bbcwatch.org...

www.ynetnews.com...

www.jta.org...

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

Take your pick. This is not even a debatable point. This happens all the time.

Story is by roi kais from ynetnews and judging by his past article I am gonna go with Israeli propaganda, no verification of the statements just looks like something made up and carried by all the pro-lsrael propaganda outlets.

More fingers in the ear. Too bad I sourced you a VIDEO. Your will to remain ignorant is astounding.

The newspaper reported that another warning came as the occupants were leaving, when an Israeli drone fired a flare at the roof of the three-storey home.

“Our neighbours came in to form a human shield,” Mr Kaware said, with some even going up on to the roof to try to prevent a bombing.

Sorry, you can't ignore a VIDEO as much as you try.

Where in the video is Hamas telling the people to stay? Must have missed it, as far as I can see the residents tried to stop their home from bring bombed.

The video is saying the exact same thing as the other source which you called made up propaganda. The video is Hamas flat out saying they ask people to stay and die rather than leave. So is it made up propaganda, or is it normal for Hamas to ask civilians to stay and die when Israel warns them? Which is it? It's like the truth is too much for you to bear.
Stay ignorant.

On 10 July the UN released a situation report which deplored the civilian casualties but added: “In most cases, prior to the attacks, residents have been warned to leave, either via phone calls by the Israel military or by the firing of warning missiles.”

But the Hamas-run Palestinian Authority’s Ministry of Interior has told residents not to pay attention to the IDF warnings.

It issued a directive “calling all our people not to deal or pay attention to the psychological warfare carried out by the occupation through rumours that broadcast across his media and delivering publications and communications on the phones of citizens”.

Let me guess .. the UN is an awful terrible source .. pure propaganda .. and when proven right it's just normal and smart. Got it!
unispal.un.org...

blogs.channel4.com...

Stay ignorant, must be bliss for you.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

If you take a look at the video it is translated by Memritv,

The comments are disabled for the video and the auto translate function too hummm I wonder why..... Because it is a known propaganda outlet that falsely translates videos. You'd want to be careful because knowingly posting propaganda is against the new T&C's

The institute was co-founded in 1998 by Yigal Carmon, a former Israeli military intelligence officer and Meyrav Wurmser, an Israeli-born, American political scientist. MEMRI states that its goal is to "bridge the language gap that exists between the Middle East and the West".

Brian Whitaker, the Middle East editor for The Guardian newspaper at the time, wrote in a public email debate with Carmon in 2003, that his problem with MEMRI was that it "poses as a research institute when it's basically a propaganda operation"

Earlier, Whitaker had charged that MEMRI's role was to "further the political agenda of Israel." and that MEMRI's website does not mention Carmon's employment for Israeli intelligence, or Meyrav Wurmser's political stance, which he described as an "extreme brand of Zionism"

highly selective in what it chooses to translate and in which context it puts things

en.wikipedia.org...

Norman Finkelstein Exposes MEMRI As Mossad Op

Stay ignorant, must be bliss for you.

Right back at ya

edit on 12-8-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Hahahaha, the video was fact checked by channel 4. You have nothing but lies and ignorance. Every source you dismiss, because your mind can't handle the truth. What about the UN source I posted, more Israeli disinfo? Keep digging your hole.

In most cases, prior to the attacks, residents have been warned to leave the targeted building, either via phone calls by the Israel military or by the firing of warning missiles. - See more at: unispal.un.org...

Oh yeah straight from the Palestinian National Authority.

First, the ministry calling all our people not to deal or pay attention to the psychological warfare carried out by the occupation through rumors that broadcast across his media and delivering publications and communications on the phones of citizens, and the lack of response for each of these means, which aims to weaken the domestic front in light of great steadfastness of our people to face the aggression.

www.moi.gov.ps...

Now that I have proven every word I said, you are left with nothing. Now your mind is reeling and your cognitive dissonance will force your weak mind to create a new defense, lest you break under the truth.

Keep living in your dream world, stay ignorant.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Hahahaha, the video was fact checked by channel 4. You have nothing but lies and ignorance. Every source you dismiss, because your mind can't handle the truth. What about the UN source I posted, more Israeli disinfo? Keep digging your hole.

In most cases, prior to the attacks, residents have been warned to leave the targeted building, either via phone calls by the Israel military or by the firing of warning missiles. - See more at: unispal.un.org...

Oh yeah straight from the Palestinian National Authority.

First, the ministry calling all our people not to deal or pay attention to the psychological warfare carried out by the occupation through rumors that broadcast across his media and delivering publications and communications on the phones of citizens, and the lack of response for each of these means, which aims to weaken the domestic front in light of great steadfastness of our people to face the aggression.

www.moi.gov.ps...

Now that I have proven every word I said, you are left with nothing. Now your mind is reeling and your cognitive dissonance will force your weak mind to create a new defense, lest you break under the truth.

Keep living in your dream world, stay ignorant.

You have not once proven that hamas has forced people to stay in buildings that are getting bombed, not once you have a statement from the ministry say to ignore the propaganda that Israel is feeding them, where in that statement does it say to stay in their homes and you have a blog from channel 4 "fact checker" who uses a video from a known propaganda source. Where in his blog did he verify the translation? There is only two videos of that interview one from Memri tv and the other is from IDFfrontdesk, you calling them reliable? Where is the confirmation of this translation by anyone else?

You have some cheek to be calling anyone ignorant when you are clearly using propaganda to further that agenda you said you don't have

edit on 12-8-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

My quote.

One side is minimizing civilian casualties, the other maximizing them. Which is which?

You said I was lying.

I posted a UN source you ignore saying Israel is warning people EXACTLY AS I SAID.

I then posted a Palestinian government source telling the civilian to IGNORE the warning EXACTLY AS I SAID.

I posted a video, you say nener nener I am not listening. How about you tell me what the video says. It says exactly what I said, you have zero evidence it doesn't and offer no alternative translation.

I proved beyond any doubt my statement. I get it, every single source is wrong, including the UN and the Palestinian government source, everyone is wrong, it's not happening. You are so deluded you can not handle it. Your mind is simply incapable.
edit on 12-8-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Hamas may have misled people into a false sense of safety. It proclaimed on radio and television that the Israeli warnings were part of a psychological operation, and urged people to ignore them.

Keep shutting your ears. Sorry your heroes are murderers.

www.nytimes.com... k&pgtype=Homepage&version=HpSum&module=photo-spot-region®ion=photo-spot&WT.nav=photo-spot&_r=0

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
a reply to: charles1952

Your premise is entirely wrong... and if i do say so..... DESPERATE!
If I can just point out that the female children also count as woman
the percentage goes up.

and if you count them as adults, there would be 0% children killed!

this is fun!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

You said I was lying.

Yes you were, showed you how on the last page

I posted a UN source you ignore saying Israel is warning people EXACTLY AS I SAID.

initial information on some cases of multiple casualties raises concerns that no effective prior warning was provided to the affected families. - See more at: unispal.un.org...
Protection Cluster members have reiterated their call to all actors to abide by the rules of International Humanitarian Law, including the prohibition on the targeting of civilians and civilian objects and on the launching of indiscriminate or disproportionate attacks. - See more at: unispal.un.org...
The streets of Gaza are mostly empty and almost all shops are closed - See more at: unispal.un.org... Seems they actually left when told.
UN source

I posted a video, you say nener nener I am not listening. How about you tell me what the video says. It says exactly what I said, you have zero evidence it doesn't and offer no alternative translation.

You posted the video, it is up to you to prove it is correct. I have shown that the source is a propaganda instrument for the Israeli government and falsely translates videos, you haven't refuted that yet.

I proved beyond any doubt my statement.

No, no you haven't.

You are so deluded you can not handle it. Your mind is simply incapable.

Resorting to insulting again because your lies are catching up

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Hamas may have misled people into a false sense of safety. It proclaimed on radio and television that the Israeli warnings were part of a psychological operation, and urged people to ignore them.

Keep shutting your ears. Sorry your heroes are murderers.

www.nytimes.com... k&pgtype=Homepage&version=HpSum&module=photo-spot-region®ion=photo-spot&WT.nav=photo-spot&_r=0

Who called them heroes? More lies and being disingenuous?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
You are correct across the board Occam...

Quite frankly, we are arguing in here in large part with people who are either addicted to ludicrous conspiracies in regards to Jews or simply Islamist's who don't wish to come to terms with some of the more detrimental aspects of their religion.

The obviousness of where the callousness in regards to human life and where it lies is apparent from some very simple observations which don't require so many threads.

Islam is an actively converting religion, it supports martyrdom, it declares all others as "infidels" and many interpretations call for the murder of others as such.

Judaism, does not convert, does not support martyrdom and while thinks of itself as a "chosen" people given that it is bloodline based it has no goals in regards to the destruction of other cultures.

There isn't much more to it than that in the end.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ironclad2000

originally posted by: charles1952
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Dear BELIEVERpriest,

That's an interesting position. I might point out that it appears many people are accusing Israel of intentionally murdering women and children. It seemed to me important to get the facts established, at least on this issue.

But, a little off the topic, is there any war you would like to see your tax dollars go to?

With respect,
Charles1952

Maybe they are or maybe they aren't.

One fact is though that AN awful lot of women and children are dying in this conflict. Probably many more civilian casualties than Hamas casualties.

Maybe they aren't targeting civilians, but they sure as hell couldn't give a crap about weather they kill them or not. This is evident by the number of videos showing Israeli spectators sitting on deck chairs, munching popcorn and cheering the bombing of schools and school children.

Honestly, I hope that someday, someone else will "not deliberately", target Israeli women and children while carpet bombing them to oblivion.

hey give them a break, they just spent 6 hrs in a bomb shelter!

now it's time to watch a little payback.

i'm personally burnt out on these people.
there is REAL genocide going on elsewhere in the world.

war is hell, blah blah, blah.
israel bad.
poor pali's.

i just find it incredible how messed up the arguments are to make israel look bad.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Then the IDF are the most incompetent army in history!!!

It may not be intentional, but where does that leave us...

With a well armed machine who doesn't know how to wage war!!!

Women and Children have died... Intentional or not... Does it matter...
Are they better people because of that???

I'd say no!!!

Peace Israel!!!
Peace Palestine!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
Why is this turning out to be so difficult? Buster2010 I can understand. This is fairly normal for him. But why is GogoVicMorrow so passionate? I don't think I've seen that before. GogoVicMorrow, send an alert to the Mods, telling them this is a hoax thread, and let me know what happens.

It seems there are two choices. Either Israel is, more or less, hitting what it wants to hit, or it isn't. If it isn't hitting what it intends to, then it's shooting more or less at random. That means it isn't killing anyone intentionally, they're just shooting in the dark like Hamas' rockets.

If Israel is, more or less, hitting the targets it has in mind, then who is it hitting? The figures tell us that military age males are getting hit way out of proportion to their share of the population. They also tell us that women and children are getting hit way less than their proportion in the population. What other choice is there but to say that Israel is targeting military age males, and trying to avoid women and children?

I don't see an alternative, so I'll stick with my thread title, if you don't mind.

Oh, I should credit buster2010 for solving the problem in Gaza:

Show all this area that Hamas has to wage war from. If the people have no safe place to run to then Hamas has no place to wage war from.

Perhaps, then, they shouldn't wage war?

Yes the Palestinians seeing how Israel is slowly starting to kill people in the West Bank now should just drop to their knees and accept whatever Israel wants to do to them. Face it Chuck you support this generations Nazis you should start working on your goosestepping now.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

imho, the act of justifying the murders is as mentally ill as the act of murdering. maybe more.

anyone who supports war (or believes that there is always good side and bad side in a war) should have been questioned of their sanity.

peace
edit on 12-8-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

originally posted by: rigel4

Your premise is entirely wrong... and if i do say so..... DESPERATE!
If I can just point out that the female children also count as woman
the percentage goes up.

and if you count them as adults, there would be 0% children killed!

this is fun!

Or we could do like Israel and claim they are not even human. Then no one is killed.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
It is just unbelievable that people could even think to justify destruction of Palestine and killing of civilians, be it female, children or male. Civilians is civilian - it's not fighter. Them targeting more males tells you something else...

I see this post, as many other similar posts as OPs try to justify his support for war machine that kills civilian - huge FAIL. You support racist regime with ultra-right wing on power... witch means nationalism on steroids. World has seen something similar in first half of last century.

Also it might be just part of propaganda machinery that Israel is doing right now... but as we all can see - it's not working well...

ps. I am sure that people from Gaza now feel much better, knowing that they are apparently not targeted... just as previous poster said - mentally ill and equal to murder...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
We do this with the bear and deer in our area. We kill enough to have fun and thin the population, but we leave enough so we can come back and hunt the next a season.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Israel shells hospitals and schools.
Israel declares a 3 km zone around Gaza that soldiers can destroy anything that moves. They have shot children and non-combatants in this zone numerous times, including a 13 YO girl in the back.

Israel intentionally employs civilian attrition as a strategy against people in a giant fenced concentration camp. They routinely manifest prideful vengeance in the most evil ways.

Avoiding women and children? And you show some prevalence statistics? And that changes the moral composition of the problem to you?

I personally find that repulsive.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

You seem to think this conflict is a war. It is not a war when one side is already a POW.

It's a prison riot and guards are using live bullets.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

We can't really believe either side on this issue I suppose. A missile cannot distinguish between an ordinary citizen and a militant. By the number of hospitals and UN schools that Israel hit, it is evident they are not hitting their target or they are hitting their targets.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join