It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We're getting overrun and the danger is increasing... we need to open our eyes': Sheriff leading

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
All this talk of "They want open borders!" is pure malarkey. Every day I hear about but I've yet to read a single post calling for open borders.

It would be impossible for you to have read so many illegal threads and not seen where some people are for open borders.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: switchqm8

And Sheriff Lance has not just experienced Mexicans or Central Americans coming across the border.

He said: 'In Port Mansfield, we have had Chinese people and Polish people coming in illegally by water. It makes you wonder what is coming through. Maybe we are just scratching the surface.'

Having worked for the FBI and served in the US military in Vietnam, Spence has been an officer of some description for more than four decades.

And he has definitely noticed a sharp upsurge in violence in recent years. He explained: 'It’s not like it was years ago when people were just looking for a job or something to eat. Now if they ask for something and they don't get it, some of them will take it.

'We're getting overrun and the danger is increasing... we need to open our eyes': Sheriff leading probe into murder of Border Patrol agent claims armed illegal immigrants in military fatigues have been spotted on Texas ranches

YEAH JUST KIDS more like gangs and trouble makers. Again America is a nation of legal immigrants NOT ILLEGAL. This problem is going to cause a lot of people sadness and grief because we are allowing the lowest of the low to just walk on in and cause all types of crime. Most will not care until it is their mother or sister ect getting raped or killed. The sheriffs and militias need to get to work because like usual our government is not

Really? Seems to me the orignal founders and settlers were there illegally according to the american indians... Personally I think Americans should be very quiet about imigration. Don't really have much place to talk...

You think the American indians want YOU there? lol

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

All this talk of "They want open borders!" is pure malarkey. Every day I hear about but I've yet to read a single post calling for open borders.

It would be impossible for you to have read so many illegal threads and not seen where some people are for open borders.

I will do it... yes... yes I want open borders! Worldwide! Why? cos I was born on the damn earth! No-one has a right to refuse me access to vast swathes of land until I produce "papers"... Or "allow" me!

It's MY earth as much as anyones, I can explore it as I see fit! If you have evidence I am a criminal fine... Watch me, or arrest me for being a criminal! Moving from one area of earth to another is NOT criminal and in no way can be deemed "illegal"... Just plain stupid!

But hey I guess control freaks will be control freaks...
edit on 10-8-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meee32

I will do it... yes... yes I want open borders! Worldwide! Why? cos I was born on the damn earth! No-one has a right to refuse me access to vast swathes of land until I produce "papers"... Or "allow" me!

It's MY earth as much as anyones, I can explore it as I see fit! If you have evidence I am a criminal fine... Watch me, or arrest me for being a criminal! Moving from one area of earth to another is NOT criminal and in no way can be deemed "illegal"... Just plain stupid!

Like I said earlier, I'm not for opening the borders completely. But I totally get and support where you are coming from. But here's the thing.. A lot of people who come here from Mexico ARE involved in criminal activity. They're fleeing from Mexico because they have a warrant out for their arrest, or plan to be involved in a crime here. Not saying that all are. But there are a pretty high number of those people.
A lot of people who are against having 'illegals' here think that those people spend their days on welfare. Because they are lazy and don't work. But history has shown that immigrants have built this country economically. So we can only assume that with people here who do jobs that American people think are too 'below' them, the economy would go back up, more people, making more money, buying more things.
I read somewhere once that you can't gain welfare here unless you have citizenship. Don't know how true it is, because I never bothered to do the research for it. But even if they didn't need citizenship to get welfare, they aren't getting very much, because the people HERE who NEED it, aren't even getting enough of it. Hence why there is so much homelessness.
We also have the people who don't want Mexicans here for cultural differences. It's the same reason people don't want Middle Easterners here. People fear what they don't know, and what could potentially change their 'norm.' I once had a run in with a fellow from the Middle East. He works at a store a few doors down and would only enter my store if I was working. While he was in my store he would say some very... Inappropriate things. If I ignored them, or looked like I was too absorbed in my work, he would become very angry with me, because he 'is male, and deserves females full attention.' He would also ask me questions, get my answer, and yell at me for having a general opinion about his question. I told my boss after this happened a few times, and he was banned from the store... Because to make things worse... He'd NEVER buy anything. And he would scare customers with the way he treated me, and he would frequently 'shush' them if they attempted to get my attention. I'm not saying that every Middle Eastern male is like that, because I don't judge a group of people based off of one or two people. But I do know that Middle Eastern males frequently think that females should be the submissive human in comparison to males. This frightens some people in America, I think. Because not everyone has an open mind. Some people judge a group of people based off of one. Some people might look at my story and say "That would become a norm if we let Middle Easterners here." The same might be for Mexicans with their cultural differences in comparison to American cultural differences, even though, in some places, it's VERY VERY similar to both Middle Eastern culture and also Mexican culture.

You see what I mean? I think this is why some people fear opening the borders.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
What i see in the future is Mexico getting so bad that the US government send troops across the border and annex the country to "stabilize the region". Noth American Union anyone?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

Those 'control freaks' give a health and background check to foreigners coming here for our safety. Ask any of the thousands of family members who have lost a loved one because of an illegal immigrant being here and our laws not being enforced how they feel. I have a friend who lost his only son because of an illegal. How do you suppose he feels about open borders? Ask our homeless and hungry how they feel about illegals having jobs while they are left to fall between the cracks. You do realize that along with the nice folks waltzing across that border, we also get murderers, pedophiles, thieves, gang members etc. Right? But hey, lets have open borders and invite them all in. Let them move next door to you and your family.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Still want open borders? Is it feasible or wise?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

He left out the good part. Many have come to America for an education then went back to their country to help rebuild it. Examples are, Mexican, Chinese and Indians. Their economies all have been recently overhauled. Thanks to the American Government and its tax payers.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Good,why don`t you try crossing the border of any central or South American country without a passport and see what happens?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

The American Government and its tax payers should worry more about the hungry citizens we have living in tent cities and on the streets, worry more about citizens who have to decide between food and life saving medicines, worry about children who can no longer play in their own backyards because of so much violence...and worry about foreigners later.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

Good,why don`t you try crossing the border of any central or South American country without a passport and see what happens?

He/she would not like the outcome of that! LOL
He/she does not seem to care about the criminals coming through or how many lives have been affected. I'll go so far as to assume that they are in no way shape or form feeling any of the negative impacts so it doesn't matter. It's all lollipops and rainbows.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic

Like I said earlier, I'm not for opening the borders completely. But I totally get and support where you are coming from. But here's the thing.. A lot of people who come here from Mexico ARE involved in criminal activity. They're fleeing from Mexico because they have a warrant out for their arrest, or plan to be involved in a crime here. Not saying that all are. But there are a pretty high number of those people.
A lot of people who are against having 'illegals' here think that those people spend their days on welfare. Because they are lazy and don't work. But history has shown that immigrants have built this country economically. So we can only assume that with people here who do jobs that American people think are too 'below' them, the economy would go back up, more people, making more money, buying more things.
I read somewhere once that you can't gain welfare here unless you have citizenship. Don't know how true it is, because I never bothered to do the research for it. But even if they didn't need citizenship to get welfare, they aren't getting very much, because the people HERE who NEED it, aren't even getting enough of it. Hence why there is so much homelessness.
We also have the people who don't want Mexicans here for cultural differences. It's the same reason people don't want Middle Easterners here. People fear what they don't know, and what could potentially change their 'norm.' I once had a run in with a fellow from the Middle East. He works at a store a few doors down and would only enter my store if I was working. While he was in my store he would say some very... Inappropriate things. If I ignored them, or looked like I was too absorbed in my work, he would become very angry with me, because he 'is male, and deserves females full attention.' He would also ask me questions, get my answer, and yell at me for having a general opinion about his question. I told my boss after this happened a few times, and he was banned from the store... Because to make things worse... He'd NEVER buy anything. And he would scare customers with the way he treated me, and he would frequently 'shush' them if they attempted to get my attention. I'm not saying that every Middle Eastern male is like that, because I don't judge a group of people based off of one or two people. But I do know that Middle Eastern males frequently think that females should be the submissive human in comparison to males. This frightens some people in America, I think. Because not everyone has an open mind. Some people judge a group of people based off of one. Some people might look at my story and say "That would become a norm if we let Middle Easterners here." The same might be for Mexicans with their cultural differences in comparison to American cultural differences, even though, in some places, it's VERY VERY similar to both Middle Eastern culture and also Mexican culture.

You see what I mean? I think this is why some people fear opening the borders.

It doesn't matter if "a lot" are involved in criminal activity... Do you have any figures to support your claim? What is "a lot"?

You know, there a "a lot" of criminals in the american society no? But should we then treat ALL americans as though they are criminal?

Should moving around in and of itself be illegal? I think not...

Basically you can't just assume everyone is a criminal... Even IF "a lot" are... The ones that are you catch and deal with, you don't just impose blanket bans on a people because a portion are criminal... You don't MAKE them criminals by making natural thing "illegal".

You just can't lock off vast areas of the earth and say mine mine mine... You just can't...

Is catching criminals tough? Sure it is... But it's what we have to do... Can't just assume guilt without proving it.

So first up let us establish some facts and get me some evidence of the figures... I want to know the proportion of criminal vs no criminal mexicans coming into the us... Then I would like a comparison to criminal vs non criminal americans...

I mean really to be honest, I still don't think it matters... You just can't lump everyone together... Why? Cos innocent people get labelled a criminal and that just isn't on... Is it?
edit on 11-8-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Gumballs? to prove that we should lock up vast areas of land? And criminalize people for simply moving around? Yes... yes I still want open borders...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Those 'control freaks' give a health and background check to foreigners coming here for our safety. Ask any of the thousands of family members who have lost a loved one because of an illegal immigrant being here and our laws not being enforced how they feel. I have a friend who lost his only son because of an illegal. How do you suppose he feels about open borders? Ask our homeless and hungry how they feel about illegals having jobs while they are left to fall between the cracks. You do realize that along with the nice folks waltzing across that border, we also get murderers, pedophiles, thieves, gang members etc. Right? But hey, lets have open borders and invite them all in. Let them move next door to you and your family.

Just crazy logic... You know... there are plenty of people in america killed by your very own police! Seen hundreds of videos showing it... It doesn't matter! You don't plan on criminalising the entire police force anytime soon huh?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

Can't open our eyes, goes against our social programming of being politically incorrect! Quick, turn a blind eye and pretend we're living in a Disney fairytale!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Ohhhh I seeee I seeee... So you think I would support THOSE control freaks? When I don't support YOUR control freaks? Really... what does this have to do with anything? I want open borders WORLDWIDE as I clearly stated no?

You know that you have malitias roaming the borders with guns killing "illegals" too right?

I'm really not gonna sit here arguing the toss with you people over and over all day... There is no logic in it... It'll not get us anywhere... Apart from a lot of wasted time... The fact is you have no right to restrict my movements!

Okay say they throw borders up in each state tomorrow... You need ID to go anywhere in the US, that cool? Then what about between towns... That cool? streets?...

I've said my bit...

EDIT: Let me add 1 final point... It isn't YOUR land to control... It is resonable for you to claim what you homestead... It is not reasonable for you to lock up an entire country and claim it as yours XD...

BTW where I live they do it too and I wholely disagree with it aswell...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

You just can't lock off vast areas of the earth and say mine mine mine... You just can't...

All Countries have borders and they are protected. If you wish to roam wherever you'd like without going through the proper channels you'll pay the consequences like it or not. Good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

The fact is you have no right to restrict my movements!

Try going into another Country illegally and see what happens. I'm afraid your movements are restricted.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

And they ALL need to be turned away and shown the legal method of migrating here.

And all those here need to be deported.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Crossing the U.S.-Canadian border almost daily for a few years now, I've visited with like-minded, conservative, Border Patrol/ Custom workers on these subjects.

What you call strange has been going on for years, if not decades. This includes Chinese, Indian and other countries.

Rather than some planned conspiracy, it seems to be more a developing Coyote-like industry.

"You have money? Call our "travel agency" and get details of our "program". Containers are a popular travel method. These are occurring in Europe as well as North America from my understanding.

There are approximately 500 Border Patrol agent on all U.S.-Canadian borders, that includes the Alaskan-B.C. and Alaskan-Yukon borders as well as the 3,000 miles or so of the main border between the lower 48 states and Canada.

Recognizing the impossibility of controlling that border-that includes the southern one?- The "stress" has been on terrorist connected individuals and groups. Understandable, I suppose.

On a daily basis, individuals are caught at the Western portion of the Washington-B.C. border attempting to cross into the U.S.. (It's worth noting that these individuals generally aren't Canadian born. They tend to be immigrants from Latin nations, India, China, et al.)

A thriving industry, an overwhelmed Federal gov't, no clear leadership and world-wide grid-lock is the order of the day.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join