It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahhhh I can't understand you!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Variable
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Complain to the company. Be a squeaky wheel. Don't use their service any more. Vote with your wallet. Request to talk to an American or at least someone who speaks English natively. This is the power you have... so use it.

V

Oh that's all fine and dandy but then want service should I use? Please tell me that one because all services available where I'm at have overseas customer service. I've complained to the company they don't care.

I do request to speak to an American it NEVER happens because there aren't any esp for the service I called on today.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

I hope it does happen! Although many times American companies are the only option for things like phone and internet.

The same thing happened here in the UK, it was as good as that type of thing could get. But all of that service went to India as well, that includes AOLUK, who had a great service operating from Southern Ireland, now it's the pits....so is their internet connection, constant losses and slow, (although the slowness is probably down to the spooks filtering) and there's a lot of spamming calls from passing info out of these centres.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I agree. It gets frustrating quick. Back when I had satellite internet I had to call and the person was from India. She was rude and nasty. When I called back, I got another one who was even worse. I opted to uninstall this satellite and bought out my contract. Then, low and behold, an English-speaking person calls me back a couple weeks later and offers me incentives to stay. I told her how I was treated and said no thanks.

I think a product that gets sold in America should have American support or good English speaking support. Could you imagine if people in India had to deal with some snarky American every time something of theirs broke? I started a thread here about something that happened to me at a fast-food drive-thru. The woman was speaking Hindi and I couldn't understand her and I told her if she was gonna work a window here she should learn English a little better. They called me a racist and banned me from this place. Crazy times we live in.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I know that irritable feeling well.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Awesome post, spot on! S&F for you.

I had a terrible time with AT&T. I talked to so many different people. None of them spoke English well at all, and they were all rude and nasty. One even threatened me. I will NEVER EVER use another AT&T product again, not after what I went through with their so called "customer service".

I always dread having to call my cable company or cell phone company. I try to pawn it off on my hubby, but he always caves, and likes it when I get all feisty, nasty and profane right back at the idiots at customer service. So I invariably wind up making the call, accompanied by lots of shouting and profanity. Then my hubby pours me a nice tall beer.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I saw the IT guy in the hallway at work. His office is one over from mine. I asked him to look at my computer. He said for me to call in the work and generate a work-ticket so there would be a paper trail-order for the work, and he'd do it.

From my desk, I called the number...it was INDIA. The man took my order-request and said he'd get the service started immediately. Within 5 minutes...my neighboring office companion in IT came to fix my computer from the next office over!.

I had to call from Dearborn Michigan to INDIA to get the IT guy in the NEXT OFFICE in Dearborn to come next door across the hall to work on my system..in DEARBORN!

You cant make this stuff up! India. To order work from the next office to mine...in Dearborn. Michigan! U.S.A...from INDIA!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Yup, I've ranted about this pathetic crap many times.

Just once, I wish we could have leaders with enough backbone to say "enough is enough" and ban all companies from sending OUR jobs to other countries.

I especially love hearing politician's plans to create jobs. HOW ABOUT NOT SENDING THEM OVERSEAS!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
The customer service industry has become anything but service and is not aimed to help the customers at all.

I had a problem with one of my PCs recently, the power supply blew so it would not turn on. I called Dell so they would send me the part (the computer is still under warranty) and wound up getting a complete moron on the phone after being on hold for 20 minutes. It's not even the accent that bothered me. I can adjust. The problem is when I tell you "the power supply blew and it will not turn on" what the hell would possess you to respond with "ok please reboot and press F12 so we can do some diagnostics." I stayed polite. Well... no, but I didn't raise my voice or anything. I politely asked if the person was joking and explained why the course of action would not work. After hearing the shuffling of papers for a few minutes I was finally informed that they would send the part.

Interestingly, there were a LOT of people in the background. It's pretty standard to have shared space when you're talking about a call center, but it honestly sounded like these people were sitting on top of each other. Either they've got the most sensitive mics ever or there are 100 of them in a room that should fit 10.

With regard to making noise to get noticed... well, believe it or not, in this world of social media that actually works. These big companies take their social media presence very seriously and want to maintain a positive image. If you're frustrated with customer service just go find their official facebook page (make sure it's official, not some fan site etc) and post your gripe over there. Before you know it someone is going to ask you for details and will actually get you some help. They want to see that "Thanks for helping me with my problem!" post on facebook because it makes them look great.

Unfortunately times have changed and we, the customers, are no longer being looked out for. But all is not lost. Just go into the situation knowing that you may need to make some noise, be manipulative, and periodically remind yourself that you paid them money, not vice versa. They owe you, you don't owe them. Be a pain in the ass and don't let something like an accent get in the way of getting the help you paid for.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

Its all a game of numbers now, not actual help.

They just want X number of calls handled in Y amount of time. The quality of the service, well it just got forgotten about - as long as X and Y are acceptable all thats left is how much it costs the company.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

You think that's annoying?

Try working with the buggers.

edit on 8.8.2014 by CJCrawley because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Stating the obvious: If you don't like the foreign support, as I dislike it...write the company and find another. Then blame the government that makes keeping American jobs in America too expensive compared to shipping it overseas, and vote accordingly. And finally...change the laws.

It is a corporation's job to choose wisely and financially intelligently. The USA can't compete agains $2 an hour when our minimum wage is $7.50 (or whatever it is currently). I'm not suggesting lowering the minimum wage...but maybe offer a corporate write-off for the difference?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Or tax incentives and reduced property rates.

Gold star ratings for companies that employ say one star for 25%, 2 star for 50%, 3 for 65%, 4 for 75% and 5 for 100% national employment.

Let people vote with their pockets for those with the most stars.

Similar incentives for customer service.

Bringing back power to the people, the consumer, that pays for the service.

Most of the outsourcers are still on big bonuses and don't need to outsource, it just makes them more money if they do.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I sometimes have trouble understanding some of the people here, especially when i call social security. Usually i get someone with a heavy african-american or hispanic accent and i feel so frustrated when i can't understand them. It can be a problem even here

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If you shop at Wal-mart, you are supporting this outsourcing of jobs. Companies are doing everything they can to be competitive in a market that is saturated by Chinese cr@p. It amazes me how well this business model works, has anyone every been to a Harbor Freight & Tool. They came out of nowhere and sell very cheaply made Chinese tools. They are huge now. We really need to be willing to pay a bit extra (the payoff is better made, very possibly longer lasting) for the American made products. Problem being is, I don't know how much is left that is made in America. Speaking of Sears, I grew up with Craftsman tools being an American home garage staple....thats all Chinese products now.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I'm sorry you lost me at saying working in a call centre is great. You must have an IQ of about 50. Maybe the yankee call centres are better I don't know but over in the UK I have more respect for drug dealers than people who submit to working in those sweatshops. Done it myself before I got a grip. Let the Indians have it then maybe some real jobs will take there place here in the west. In the meanwhile if you don't like talking to "John" from India change to a company that uses domestic contact centres.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I can agree with you to some extent OP.

Not too long ago I had to get my computer repaired, and of course the operators I talked to to get updates were from foreign countries. It was rather obvious due to their accents and what have you. And sometimes they have a fair amount of back round noise, or they phone their using just isn't all that great.

I could care less what country their in, as long as they understand me, and I understand them, while telling me what I need to know, I got no problem.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
you people do realize that most of the call centers have shifted to South east Asia , they are not really in India. The service would be better if the person handling it did not have 101million restrictions..

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Poppcocked
You look and sound just as funny to them as they do to you.

Irrelevant,

They have not been forced to call me to in order to rectify a problem that I have caused them.

Here in the UK, there was a recommendation a few years ago, to change suppliers who outsource call centers and ensure that you informed them at the highest level, the reason for changing them...the result? a lot of uk business call centers are now based in Glasgow.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
Unfortunately true.

I was a support IT 'guy' for a handful of english customer support techs and they would beat the foriegn outsourced guys hands down - both in technical knowledge and comprehensibility. No question. No doubt.

Its a damned shame good people doing a good job are fired and their jobs sold out to cheap overseas workers.

Everytime i phone anyone for support and get somone who i simply cant understand i keep asking for managers, thats the way to do it - "i demand to speak to your manager" it usually works, but not always any better

Its a bit like having a worker with one arm do a quarter of the work for an eighth of the pay =/

i agree with you

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
You all should try being better customers, you might have a different experience with the CS agent. Also, you don't have to be rude by "demanding" a supervisor. Even if there is a language barrier the CS agent wants to and often times is doing their best to help you, even if it means transferring you to another person. And, the main reasons the you're frustrated, such as scripts, are usually regulated by the company that you're calling, if the CS agent fails to follow the script they'll have a bad review from management. Instead of taking it out on another human being it would result in an actual change if you gave that feedback directly to the company. And lastly, stop being so judgmental regarding people's names and accents. Would you appreciate it if someone flipped out on you because you sound American/Canadian/etc? Perhaps you need to experience that though in order to be more empathetic. I'd like to see you all act this way in a face to face interaction, the meanest most irrational side of customers is typically experienced over the phone. If you want better customer service, then try being nicer and less selfish yourself, it's a two way street people! a reply to: mblahnikluver

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join