It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahhhh I can't understand you!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I am so sick and tired of all customer service places being in foreign countries where they can't speak English at all, can't understand English and get pissed when I ask them to repeat themselves a dozen times.

ALL these jobs use to be in the States and I had one of them years ago. I made GREAT money, had awesome insurance and the place employed over 1000 people. Well about 5yrs ago they outsourced ALL jobs to India!!

What really pisses me off is it takes forever to do anything because they can't understand anything that isn't on their screen prompt. Oh lets not forget the CONVIENCE FEES to a pay over the phone. Seriously? I have to pay extra for them to DO THEIR JOB?! When I worked in these positions we NEVER charged a FEE for payment over the phone!

I know they are just trying to make a living but it is VERY frustrating when most of the time they dont' fix the issue because they can't understand what I"m saying!!! I get tired of the "Oh I'm sorry I understand your frustration." UM NO you don't you are reading a screen prompt! I KNOW I've had that job!!!

I have been on the phone for 20mins with a chick trying to change my number due to all the insane sales call i get and she keeps repeating herself and i can tell she has no idea what she is doing. I want to pull my hair out!

I want to scream!!!!

When I worked in customer service it was TRUE customer service and we KNEW the product and helped unlike that crap today. AHHHHH!
edit on 8/7/2014 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Unfortunately true.

I was a support IT 'guy' for a handful of english customer support techs and they would beat the foriegn outsourced guys hands down - both in technical knowledge and comprehensibility. No question. No doubt.

Its a damned shame good people doing a good job are fired and their jobs sold out to cheap overseas workers.

Everytime i phone anyone for support and get somone who i simply cant understand i keep asking for managers, thats the way to do it - "i demand to speak to your manager" it usually works, but not always any better

Its a bit like having a worker with one arm do a quarter of the work for an eighth of the pay =/

edit on b39391039 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

It's awful.

I detest calling those places.

Every time the line quality is awful, the background chatter loud, the person on the line talking from a very verbose script in intonations that are difficult to decipher.

''Thanking you maam for you patience, Now if you would not mind that I ask you to have the patience to bear with me for just a few moments while I access your account on my screen, this will not take long and I can assure you maam that you can have every confidence that I will be able to assist you with you problem and get your service up and running again very soon. If you could please assist me maam in providing your account details....'' etc

''please provide your account details and we will try to fix this for you'' is far preferable to listening to incoherent babble amongst call centre chatter.

All said with emphasis on words as if the CS operative was riding a camel through traffic in Kerala whilst wearing a face mask and being jabbed every two seconds with a pointy stick.

Added to that the fact that outsourcing is a terrible practice and it makes for an unpleasant if not completely infuriating customer service experience.

Like the previous post, I also demand to talk to their supervisor / line manager, it is often the only way.

edit on 7-8-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Yea I have actually had them CALL ME back to harass me!! I had to change my number a while back because of it! It was some jerk in India. I asked to speak to a manager or for them to transfer me to someone in the States or Canada and he was so RUDE! I KNOW they have reps there but it's very rare you can get one and when I do I am so happy because they can actually help!

I know they are just trying to do their job but they are not trained properly and it causes so many problems for customers. I was being charged by ATT for TWO different addresses after I had moved! It was all because of their stupid lack of customer service. The actual ATT technician who came out said the amount of complaints he gets about customer service is ridiculous and they agree 100% with us. The techs are employed by ATT and they know many of the problems that occur are due to language barriers yet the companies don't care!

The days of true customer service are OVER!

I did work for Zales customer service years ago and that was the last time i had done anything like that. I also realized that they don't really train all that well here anymore. They train you to SELL NOT be a customer service agent. The stuff people called in for we had no idea how to do because we weren't trained!! We were trained to sell to them and yet the calls were for everything but sales! It was so frustrating! I felt like i wasn't doing my job because I didn't have the knowledge. It was like pulling teeth to get it from the supervisors and then they'd get annoyed at you even asking!

Back in the day when I did nothing but customer service for various banks and phone companies they were so anal about training us and making sure we KNEW how to help people. Those days are gone!

I remember when the call center I worked at closed. I was shocked. There were 5 different companies there and two types of foreign operators, French and Japanese. Every last one of them was let go and the place is now an empty shell of a building after being there for over a decade.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

You can't expect Corporations to do a good Job now, they are run by Greedy Investors.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
You cant have it both ways, Imagine I say, lets have a single global monetary currency, which is needed to end the third world wages disparity and all the new World Order nuts would shout me down.

When they can get paid $2 an hour, your rant will sadly continue into the future.

Ah my phone just rang, another wonderful telemarketer that I can't understand, god bless her Indian cotton socks...

edit on th1407427059706CDT-0500-05:001AM by subtopia because: .

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

I know they are just trying to do their job but they are not trained properly and it causes so many problems for customers. I was being charged by ATT for TWO different addresses after I had moved! It was all because of their stupid lack of customer service. The actual ATT technician who came out said the amount of complaints he gets about customer service is ridiculous and they agree 100% with us. The techs are employed by ATT and they know many of the problems that occur are due to language barriers yet the companies don't care!

If it's that bad make some money from it, set it up so you can record the conversation, get all your documents in order then send a letter to a Tv station and the same to ATT and they will either pay you for your story or ATT will pay you not to tell your story.

link   
They rely heavily on scrips, some times they sound like a child at a school play - thats even IF you can understand the words.

To the corporation investor comment, they just want somone to do the job, they do not care how well its done, as long as its done cheap.

Which is highly ironic since when they themselves need help they find themselves in the exact same situation and dont like it either.

Whats happening to this planet??? It used to be that a collective would get smarter not more stupid!!!
edit on b57571055 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

It's awful.

I detest calling those places.

I cringe when I have to call customer support. The only place I don't mind calling is Apple!! I LOVE calling Apple. I always get great service and they speak English and know the product.

Every time the line quality is awful, the background chatter loud, the person on the line talking from a very verbose script in intonations that are difficult to decipher.

I could not understand a word she was saying and had to ask her to please speak slower and repeat herself. It is very scripted. I know I've worked on their end. You say key words and they push a button and are given a script to read. It's annoying! I had a lady one time ask me if Florida was in New York!! I wanted to just scream! I was like NO it's a state and had you been in the states or even Canada you would know that. The crap they say is unreal. I also love how they try and give you American names to make them sound more American. HA yea cause that will do it.

I watched a documentary years ago on outsourcing in India and how they are trained. They are TRAINED to give an American name and to try and sound more American. They are trained to say they are in America yet I know full well they are not.

''Thanking you maam for you patience, Now if you would not mind that I ask you to have the patience to bear with me for just a few moments while I access your account on my screen, this will not take long and I can assure you maam that you can have every confidence that I will be able to assist you with you problem and get your service up and running again very soon. If you could please assist me maam in providing your account details....'' etc

HAHA so sounds like my last call! LMAO! You forgot all the "um"s" in between.

''please provide your account details and we will try to fix this for you'' is far preferable to listening to incoherent babble amongst call centre chatter.

OH I know! They go on and on and i"m like just get to the point. She asked me if I wanted to change my number and I said "correct" then she asked me the same question AGAIN and I said I already told you my answer so this time I said "yes." AHHH! Correct and yes are basically the same in that context!

All said with emphasis on words as if the CS operative was riding a camel through traffic in Kerala whilst wearing a face mask and being jabbed every two seconds with a pointy stick.

HAHA this cracked me up!

Added to that the fact that outsourcing is a terrible practice and it makes for an unpleasant if not completely infuriating customer service experience.
Like the previous post, I also demand to talk to their supervisor / line manager, it is often the only way.

I feel bad for them to be honest. They are just trying to earn a living. I KNOW they are yelled at on a daily basis but it isn't right for either sides. They aren't trained and then it causes problems with the customer. Imagine how many mistakes could have been avoided if they actually understood and KNEW the product instead of reading screen prompts.

Oh asking for a supervisor 90% of the time is a joke. They tend to be just as bad or I get the "we have no supervisor available at this time." Yea sure you don't...but then again there they just might!

I have found going to the companies Facebook page to be so much easier BUT they can't do all things and most of the time tell you to call.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

That's true, and funny.

''You are speaking to Rodger''

Yeah right! Just say Sanjay or whatever, I already know it isn't their name, just another insult to my intelligence from the script writers.

I know, they are just doing their jobs so we 'forgive' them, but from a CS point of view, companies need to think of their customers, and those script writers need a rethink.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I am so sick and tired of all customer service places being in foreign countries where they can't speak English at all, can't understand English and get pissed when I ask them to repeat themselves a dozen times.

I want to scream!!!!

I understand little feller, I's just like that here on Earth.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
You look and sound just as funny to them as they do to you.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I can totally understand your frustration! I went through the same thing with Sears a few years back. What's so crazy is that these people read from a script and if you have different questions unrelated to what they handle they keep reading back the sane script. It's a total waste of the consumer's time and creates a negative feeling about the brand or service.

I was so frustrated with the call. I called the manager of our local Sears store and complained about the problem. He said he was going to call them and look into it. He called me back a half an hour later and apologized. He even said he had trouble explaining the situation to the customer service rep. - who by the way was in India! He was so upset he gave me $100 dollars off our refrigerator and kept on apologizing for the inconvenience. (All I wanted to do is change the day of delivery for our refrigerator!)

Corporations no longer care about customer service. They not only move their factories overseas for cheap labor and lower quality products, they want to save every penny on the dollar and have foreign countries take care of customer service. They've also switched to recordings to save from hiring receptionists and additional personal. It all comes down to their "almighty profit" and dividends for their share holders.

One of these days the tire is going to meet the road and these greedy American corporations are going to find out too late how their poor customer service and products are going to cause more and more Americans to abandon their American brand for better quality goods produced by Japan, Germany and other quality conscious foreign companies.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Complain to the company. Be a squeaky wheel. Don't use their service any more. Vote with your wallet. Request to talk to an American or at least someone who speaks English natively. This is the power you have... so use it.

V

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

You can't expect Corporations to do a good Job now, they are run by Greedy Investors.

Exactly!

The worst is ATT! They were even voted the worst for customer service. I can't call them no joke because they raise my blood pressure so much. They are usually in the Philippines and theirs English is so minimal it's insane. If they are going to assist customers in places that speak English they should be fluent in it!

The center I worked at had Japanese and French operators and they had to be fluent in the language to even be in that position. Why is this any different?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: subtopia
You cant have it both ways, Imagine I say, lets have a single global monetary currency, which is needed to end the third world wages disparity and all the new World Order nuts would shout me down.

When they can get paid $2 an hour, your rant will sadly continue into the future.

Ah my phone just rang, another wonderful telemarketer that I can't understand, god bless her Indian cotton socks...

Have it both ways! It WAS perfect before they sent all jobs overseas. You missed the main point.

The reason I changed my number was because of all the foreign idiots who call me DAILY! I can think of about 10 people with my number besides doctors. I shouldn't have to change my number because they keep calling and harassing!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: subtopia

If it's that bad make some money from it, set it up so you can record the conversation, get all your documents in order then send a letter to a Tv station and the same to ATT and they will either pay you for your story or ATT will pay you not to tell your story.

You're kidding right? Nobody gives a flying flip! Make money? Lol yea ok.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Poppcocked
You look and sound just as funny to them as they do to you.

Like I care! I'm the CUSTOMER. I'm the one trying to get my service, they are the one who is responsible for taking care of it and most of the time they screw it up!

Example, the lady I spoke to today told me to do two things for my phone which were not needed because is she WASNT reading a screen prompt and knew the product she would know those steps are NOT necessary.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

ALL these jobs use to be in the States and I had one of them years ago. I made GREAT money, had awesome insurance

There you have it.

At first, when this computer/cell phone industry began to bloom back in the 90s, the corporations still needed to pretend to be our servants. Pretend to customer service to ease all of the people into the information age. Once we were hooked, the pretense was no longer needed and so you lost your job.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I can totally understand your frustration! I went through the same thing with Sears a few years back. What's so crazy is that these people read from a script and if you have different questions unrelated to what they handle they keep reading back the sane script. It's a total waste of the consumer's time and creates a negative feeling about the brand or service.

Yes!!!! If you veer off from the main questions they are lost! It's not their fault but the company for not training them. I guarantee many mistakes happen as a result!

I was so frustrated with the call. I called the manager of our local Sears store and complained about the problem. He said he was going to call them and look into it. He called me back a half an hour later and apologized. He even said he had trouble explaining the situation to the customer service rep. - who by the way was in India! He was so upset he gave me $100 dollars off our refrigerator and kept on apologizing for the inconvenience. (All I wanted to do is change the day of delivery for our refrigerator!)

Wow that is awesome! See THAT is great customer service but it shouldn't go that far. Oh I've been there with simple things like a date or name change.

Corporations no longer care about customer service. They not only move their factories overseas for cheap labor and lower quality products, they want to save every penny on the dollar and have foreign countries take care of customer service. They've also switched to recordings to save from hiring receptionists and additional personal. It all comes down to their "almighty profit" and dividends for their share holders.

Exactly! I mean they pay these people nothing and have cheap labor and yet they aren't losing any money but their pockets are getting fatter and fatter. It's just sad to see how things have become.

One of these days the tire is going to meet the road and these greedy American corporations are going to find out too late how their poor customer service and products are going to cause more and more Americans to abandon their American brand for better quality goods produced by Japan, Germany and other quality conscious foreign companies.

I hope it does happen! Although many times American companies are the only option for things like phone and internet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join