It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young american Jew stands up for Palestine and then...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow
If you need something to twist around I will happily buy you chewing gum so you can quit doing it with my words.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: Exitt The guy was talking pro palestinian in Israel surrounded by Israelis. Go to Harlem and talk anti black.
And when an Israeli police officer asks for your passport you present it, you are a guest in their country, or face arrest, prosecution, and probably a well earned whoopin.
Why do Americans so often think they can do whatever they want in other countries and that screaming "I'm an American citizen" gives them some kind of free pass?

Maybe the thread title should be " Young American spewing pro Palestine rhetoric in Israel refuses to show passport and is hauled off by Israeli police".

You're not helping your case. A better example would be an anti-apartheid protester going to S. Africa in the 90's, then get beaten and thrown in jail by white supremacists. I'm a Canadian and I would proudly stand in solidarity with Palestinians in Israel. But sadly, you would try to kill me for it.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

originally posted by: Shana91aus
Poor guy all he was doing was peacefully expressing his opinion, i believe that should be a basic human right, id hate to see how they treated him after they took him away, they were bad enough when they knew cameras were around! I have the same view as you and over the years have formed bad opinions on Israel but i just can't look at the country any other way at this point.

If you go to YouTube there is a video of an interview after the incident with him, basically just him telling what happened in custody. I can link it myself at the moment, on my phone

eta : look for a video of him in red t-shirt in related videos

Is this the video?

I see elsewhere the police later apologised, (In edit) actually I misread that, the link is really a blog demanding an apology from the police.

www.change.org...

edit on 6-8-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Same video from 2011? Not that it changes anything IN the video, but is it the same one?

ETA: The red t shirt video is from 2012.

Again, not that this changes the subject matter of the video.
edit on Aug 6th 2014 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I have a dream. I have a dream that every man will not be judged by the color of his skin but by the content of his character.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Posted the video but someone else already did
edit on 6-8-2014 by Thisbseth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: smurfy

I have a dream. I have a dream that every man will not be judged by the color of his skin but by the content of his character.

I understand. But there is a fundamental wrongness in having a state that considers itself as a Jewish and Democratic State, when it is a state given to the Zionists, and run by them, especially as now with Netanyahu who is clearly bats, and that there are so many other peoples there. Anyway, as you see here freedom of speech is wanting.
There are Jewish people who would think like this youngster, but just that think.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Djarums
www.youtube.com...

Same video from 2011? Not that it changes anything IN the video, but is it the same one?

ETA: The red t shirt video is from 2012.

Again, not that this changes the subject matter of the video.

I can see your confusion. The OP's example is actually from 2011, it's the same guy, and you can check the date here;

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
What I see here is a spoiled American kid running off at the mouth, with no sense of consequence. It doesn't matter what side he's on he just wants to be outspoken and controversial. If he was my child I would take him behind the wood shed for wearing a Che Gueverra T- shirt to begin with...

You should really listen to the aftermath video, the youngster is intelligent and more superior in his outlook than many an adult.
If you listen, you will know he spent some time before deciding to stage a protest.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I'm developing deep mistrust and animosity towards Israel.

I think maybe your mistake is thinking you should trust Israel in the first place but don't stop there cause you shouldn't trust any government not even your own. The people of Israel and the government of Israel are two different things same goes for the US. Now the people of Israel probably appreciate their military a bit more than those of the US for what should be obvious reasons but that certainly doesn't change the fact that you nor I or anyone else should equate the citizens of any country to the government of a country, any country.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
He looks like a little girly hipster twerp. Probably enjoys the attention he's getting.
edit on 6-8-2014 by Cruithneach because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

but that certainly doesn't change the fact that you nor I or anyone else should equate the citizens of any country to the government of a country, any country.

I would like to agree with you but the homogeneous ideology in Israel is united it appears. Therefore I have no other choice but to generalize.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I stand with the Israelis, NOT Israel. You aren't racist for not trusting or liking a government!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Auricom

it's getting harder and harder to make that distinction.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Don't you think rhetoric is a pretty poor choice of words in this case?

I'm not Jewish so I don't have a dog in this fight, but speaking one's opinion doesn't necessarily classify as "rhetoric" in this case (imho) ...

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I'm developing deep mistrust and animosity towards Israel.

... you nor I or anyone else should equate the citizens of any country to the government of a country, any country.

Very well said.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
the actual problem with this is that most people don't seem to notice what he is wearing plus what he is saying puts him in the wrong side of this parade.

he is ''wearing''(wrapped it around his neck, not appropriate too) a Tallit which Jews use when praying and he placed a Palestinian flag on it, I am not religious but I can understand people getting very upset about something like that since it is considered ''sacred'' in fact any thing on it would probably get people upset not just a Palestinian flag in particular.

he is also wearing a Kippah and placed a flag on it as well, again pretty much provoking everybody around him you can hear people telling him to remove it, the woman at 1:18 also seems to be asking him to do that.

notice how people are standing at the back near him at the start, I can guarantee you he would get beat up by people if there was no camera in fact the police did him a favor asking him and then forcing him to go to the other side not to mention he refused to show his passport to a high ranking officer in the middle of a parade while wearing provoking items.

American Jew, random Jew, space alien, you do not simply take religious items that people hold sacred to them and wear it inappropriately or place inappropriate items on them.

this kid was looking for trouble and he found it luckily for him the police saved his ass from a massive beating.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Then gets roughed up by police and arrested.

All this conflict is making me start to form opinions. Bad opinions. I'm not antisemitic, I'm not racist but admittedly, I'm developing deep mistrust and animosity towards Israel. Isn't there one ATS Jewish member who disagrees with killing Arab kids, mothers, destruction of homes? Who disagrees with the war horror that has been going on in Gaza and has the huspah to stand up for human rights where ever you are? One? I'm losing faith in humanity and I'm losing faith in you. Help me turn my opinions around. Help me see through the blind hate and still believe in the Jewish cause. Help me not become antisemitic. Say something encouraging to me and show me that not all Jews are racist xenophobes who think they have exclusive rights. It's up to you and your god is watching.

Do you honestly think that Israelis and Jews outside of Israel condone the killing of civilians?

You are singling out the tragic consequences of this conflict without acknowledging the root cause, which is the deplorable tactics used by Hamas.

It's a very simple equation. If Hamas had not targeted Israeli civilians by firing missiles and forced Israel to retaliate while they hid behind civilians, there would be no bloodshed on either side.

I'm sure the overwhelming majority of Israelis feel terrible at the sight of dead Palestinian children, but I don't think they feel that their government is responsible, and I agree with that sentiment.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Grimpachi

but that certainly doesn't change the fact that you nor I or anyone else should equate the citizens of any country to the government of a country, any country.

I would like to agree with you but the homogeneous ideology in Israel is united it appears. Therefore I have no other choice but to generalize.

Well that is unfortunate because one day you may be the victim of the same mindset from others.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

How quickly people twist the truth about why this conflict started up this time around. Please, don't go back 2000 years on me either. This particular attack was the IDF because of those teens. Not because Hamas was lobbing rockets. You do remember that right?

As for your government owning no culpability? Wrong. Israel has broken just about every rule in the Geneva convention while flipping off the UN (and the world) at the same time. And before you point your finger at Hamas crying war crimes too I will say this. Should Israel not hold themselves to a higher standard? Do you really feel proud lowering yourself to their level? Shame.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join