It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too many forums

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I feel ATS has been completly chopped to pieces, there are now too many forums and most will stay rather empty, its become a minefield to navigate here since the changes.

If you wanted to break things up...4 forums for political discussions should be enough..or at least add small seperate politics tree to the main ATS forum index, the original forums were lucky to get 4 topics a day.

Its not going to bother me if it stays the way it is, i just thought it was more efficent the way it was before.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
it is kinda big, i dont really know where to post what, but i'm sure they did it for a reason, they have seemed to try and intergrate it all, but again i'm lost, if i post a thread on something on bts that belongs on ..................? i dont' know anymore, will it moved politely or will it get deleted? I do have some questions as to waht what belongs where, dont get me wrong i have a main idea, but waht i generally post to are more of general idea more so than actual Idea's , so i feel kiinda lost.

its all wonderfully done, they have seemed to have done all this with respect to memebers as to not alienate them, but a Blue Collar Boy like me cant' help but be a little confuse.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Actually, im starting to get used to it now, still a little confusing though

[edit on 4-12-2004 by electric squid carpet]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I'm happy with the way ATS has changed

Remember ATS started as a conspiracy site, and then politics invaded and the original members got rather annoyed because the nice peaceful board turned into political mud slinging.

Separating the two is best for both the conspracies and the politics.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Ya got a point there...I've just been staying at "My Recent" after turning on those forums I am interested in...so far, so good...I'm getting used to it, I think

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I think the biggest problem with ATS is that those who run it are trying a little too hard to make it legitimate. If you understand my meaning...

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I like it ok. I dont really know where i should post things but the mods will move stuff if they have to.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
I think the biggest problem with ATS is that those who run it are trying a little too hard to make it legitimate. If you understand my meaning...

No, actually many of us don't understand your meaning Thorfinn. Please feel free to explain further when you get the chance, k?

seekerof

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I'm hoping the way it is now set up will keep it running more smoothly.
The slow downs due to high traffic were beginning to get on my nerves.
It's a little inconvenient, but I still think it is better this way.
MYRECENTis a very cool addition and help keep my interests easy to get at

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
As the fourm gets bigger there is going to be a need to expaned. There is a need for it to be "chopped-up".

I think there are to many cry-babies.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I was skeptical at first but I'm REALLY liking it now. Once logged in it's easier to follow specific topics. BTW, give it a little time for the dust to settle. Politics@ is new and probably require some tweeking. We just won't let Kano do it.

*Hopes Kano didn't change his avatar*

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
I'm happy with the way ATS has changed

I definately agree w/ you there; And I agree on the crybabies issue

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I think there are to many cry-babies.

Originally posted by Juanita
I definately agree w/ you there; And I agree on the crybabies issue

Yes I agree to may crybabies, I guess we need one more forum call it the "lost crybabies"

[edit on 4/12/2004 by Sauron]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Once you know what changed, you'll really begin to like it. All tabs follow the same basic outline, in which you can click recent posts.

Tabs as in
Ignorance denied
Bts
Ats
Politics@ats

I suggest browsing through all of them and then make decisions..

I feel like I will be spending some time in ignorance denied, as I just discovered it yesterday..

Oh yes... LETS NOT FORGET ABOUT SPORTZTAWK....
Go to the site and bookmark it.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If you are having trouble figuring out which of the 4 forums to post in, try this:

conspriacy theories and (even if you dont like it its true) religion issues, ATS

discussion of scientific facts, issues not about politics but about society, and philosopy is in IgnoranceDenied

Anything to do with Government or Politics goes in PTS

light questions and chitchat goes in BTS

---pineapple

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

if i post a thread on something on bts that belongs on ..................? i dont' know anymore, will it moved politely or will it get deleted?

Politely moved. Deleting a thread is for completely different reasons. In fact, when we move a thread, it will automatically send you a U2U telling you where you can now find the thread, as well as a link to it...

Lady V had some good advice there.... There are some excellent tools here to help you navigate around, and just keep track of what interests you. Don't feel bad, I'd been here a while before even noticing half of them too, hehe.....

new topics

top topics

join