It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia pulls plug on 'last independent TV show'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

And what countries has the US annexed part of, please show me one?

This is a different situation from what America has on it's borders. I don't think for one minute that America would not have done the same....and the media would be all gung ho in support.

I'm curious...and it's off topic...but why does America have all those bases around the world?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa

He doesn't want anti government sentiment when he's working so hard to benefit the Russia people

Well there we have it.

Then you go on about a possible threat from the NWO someday, which would control everything especially things such as free speech and dissension. Meanwhile those very dangers are presently being undertaken by Putin in Russia under the guise of benefiting the Russian people

edit on 3-8-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon
This is a different situation from what America has on it's borders.

Actually, it's not really! For several years now, the Mexican federal Government have been waging an almost full on War with the drug cartels - the same cartels which supply copious amounts of drugs North. It could be argued that intervention into Northern Mexico is in the US national interest, but instead the work with the Mexicans to try and bring order without supplying any forces apart law enforcement, instead of supplying the cartels with heavy weaponry to fight the Government....

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

He doesn't want anti government sentiment when he's working so hard to benefit the Russia people, and is scared of Western powers working to destabilise his nation as a means of establishing their NWO in Russia.

What exactly is he doing that benefits the Russian people...trying to bring back the communist Russia and stifling freedoms is a benefit.

Who benefits the most in that system...the government not the citizens.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I'm curious...and it's off topic...but why does America have all those bases around the world?

Mostly as a result of mutual defence treaties, some are simply bought and paid for basing rights. Interestingly, much of the defence treaties were signed because the smaller nations feared invasion or attack by the Soviet Union or China.

Fast forward now, we have Russia moaning about the expansion of NATO and questioning it's motives, but they then invade their neighbours (Georgia in 2008, Ukraine now), then get pissy when other countries ask NATO about membership because they think NATO is being "aggressive".

Do they not understand? If they didn't behave the way they did, then maybe people wouldn't seek the protection of others from them!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa
. . . He doesn't want anti government sentiment when he's working so hard to benefit the Russia people, . . . .

Today, The president of America destroyed the Bill of Rights . . . He doesn't want anti government sentiment when he's working so hard to benefit the American people.

Sound about right?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

This is a different situation from what America has on it's borders. I don't think for one minute that America would not have done the same....and the media would be all gung ho in support.

Really...I guess you haven't noticed the problems that have been happening in Mexico the last decade.

I don't see the media saying we need to annex Mexico because they have problems internally. Good try though.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

What right does Russia have to annex the territory of another nation, regardless of what is happening internally?

What right has the USA to bomb and destroy another nation regardless of what is happening internally? You tell me.

At least we can see why Russia took action, and I don't think it was due to some expansion plan...but who knows it may serve one...as I said 'never waste a good crisis.

In fact, this is an international crime - as per the UN Charter, which Russia has signed, territory cannot change hands without negotiation.

Is that some kind of joke? The whole situation in the Ukraine is an international crime not Russia's actions. We know how the USA operates when it wants to institute regime change.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Do they not understand? If they didn't behave the way they did, then maybe people wouldn't seek the protection of others from them!

Who will protect us from America?

edit on 3-8-2014 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

The only difference is that you're still able to discuss such things.

In Russia under Putin?

Not so much

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Who will protect us from America?

And why do you, whoever you are, need protecting?

There are plenty of non-aligned states in the world who get by just fine without US intervention - these are, exclusively, all far enough away from Russia to not have to worry about them at least!

Nearly all of America's Allies (and by default, bases) are in countries bordered by either Russia or China...... Does that tell you something?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Really...I guess you haven't noticed the problems that have been happening in Mexico the last decade.

Completely different situation...not even comprable.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Why not? Large, armed groups, running their own de-facto kingdoms, fighting the central Government and also posing a clear risk to US security and it's citizens - it's as close as you're going to get in that part of the world.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Go read the Moscow Times. You will see that people post in there and its not always favorable to Russia.
And here you can bet that the Government is watching what is being posted on ATS as well. They aren't stopping us so they know who and what we are saying is all.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Completely different situation...not even comprable.

And yet it is on the US border, it is a sovereign nation that has what amounts to terrorists that want to have their own state...Nothing like Ukraine.

And the problem in the middle east is a different situation, but there are no shortages of that being used as a comparison.

Also what is so different between the two situations?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Why not? Large, armed groups, running their own de-facto kingdoms, fighting the central Government and also posing a clear risk to US security and it's citizens - it's as close as you're going to get in that part of the world.

Let me add a little to that because we have had border agents shot by Mexicans in Mexico.

(Reuters) - A Mexican man has been extradited to the United States in connection with the fatal shooting of a U.S. border patrol agent during a late-night gun battle near the U.S.-Mexican border in Arizona four years ago, federal prosecutors said on Thursday.

news.yahoo.com...

And yet the media isn't calling for the US to invade Mexico or even send armed troops there.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Go read the Moscow Times. You will see that people post in there and its not always favorable to Russia.

But you can guarantee that if Putin were to get his way that wouldn't be possible in Russia. He wants the Russian people to step back 50 years into the past where the government dictated the life of a Russian citizen.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Just a little more about this...The Mexican military actually came across the border and shot at border patrol agents in the US...

A Mexican military helicopter crossed the U.S. border into Arizona and fired on U.S. Border Patrol agents during a drug operation Tuesday before flying back into Mexico, Border Patrol officials said.

www.theblaze.com... n/

And yet no media outlet has called for the US to invade Mexico...why is that?

edit on 3-8-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Also what is so different between the two situations?

I don't see any Russians around handing out doughnuts...and anyway the whole geo-political thing makes it different.

I only mention the death and destruction the USA has dished out when they have the nerve to call for sanctions.

When did they ever suffer sanctions?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Interesting turn of events.

The Moscow Times

The Editor-in-Chief was Andrew McChesney, promoted to the position after serving in a number of capacities in the newspaper. In April 2014 he stepped down and was replaced by Nabi Abdullaev, who came from RIA Novosti.

RIA Novosti

RIA Novosti (Russian: РИА Новости), sometimes shortly RIA (Russian: РИА) is one of the largest news agencies in Russia. Operating under the purview of the Russian Ministry of Communications and Mass Media, RIA Novosti is headquartered in Moscow and operated about 80 bureaus internationally. On 9 December 2013 President of Russia Vladimir Putin ordered RIA Novosti's liquidation and the creation of a Russian international news agency called Rossiya Segodnya

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join