It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia pulls plug on 'last independent TV show'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:
(post by Cantbebothered removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Cantbebothered

Wow, some trusty stuff there... Of those links that work (one has an invalid security cert) the other two just re-itterate what I said about this BRIC's bank - an investment bank which is their version of the IMF, nothing special.

Anyhoo, before you drag us way off topic - projected GDP greater than Western economies? Maybe, in 50 years, if all goes well and they don't implode, perhaps...

At the moment, they account for 20% of world GDP with half the worlds population - not much for each person, is it? The EU and US account for 46% of world GDP, by the way.

So back in your box and stop derailing the thread

edit on 3/8/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Nikola014
Stone cold hard killer? And then calling him brilliant in the same sentence...

Stone cold hard killers can be brilliant.

Care to present some evidence to back up those claims?

You don't know what the KGB has done over the years? Really?
The murders. The spying. The suppression of Russian 'dissent'.
What it's done in Afghanistan, India and a host of other countries?

Also, he has a plan that's bad for everyone? Want to share what that plan might be with the rest of us?

Read the title of the thread. State control of the media. That's a BAD thing.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 8/3/2014 by FlyersFan because: checked word

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Behold the future of the internet...........TV should be a write off anyway for anybody of sound mind. The propoganda going around these days is unbelievable, the only reality i'm beginning to trust is the solid objects around me and even that is debatable. Yi ever get that feeling your gonna wake up soon from a bad dream or simulation or something. I'm beginning to think McKenna's time wave zero theory was correct but maybe just off a little in time scale, seems we're certainly speeding towards something, maybe we already hit it and everything folded in on itself and we're starting to unravel backwards, doomed to repeat everything that has already happened.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cantbebothered

erm didnt an america navy ship down an iranian passenger airliner and Bush refused to say sorry???????

Tragic yes.

But Ronald Reagan was the President.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Imagine if al the media in the US was being provided by MSNBC, or Fox.

Well, now you can! Just go to Russia!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I would agree that there has always been more press restrictions in Russia than America but so what? It is their own affair. America has its own demons.

The clampdown on press freedom comes as no surprise, Russia is under siege by the Western media. Never waste a good crisis is the political mantra. I would love to have seen the USA's reaction had they been in the situation Russia is facing in the Ukraine.
Russia didn't cause this situation, it doesn't matter how you dress it up or say this or that. The whole drama has been played out in the public eye and it is what it is.

We know all about Russia and it's history...no one fancies that but the USA is...Im trying to find a word here...

Hang your head in shame America...I don't know how any of your leaders have the brass neck to stand in front of a camera. How many dead this decade? Where is the compensation and reparation? I saw Obama on TV the other day saying 'yes we tortured' with the usual fake sincerity...I'm still waiting for an apology for the death and destruction.

How about some Sushi laced with Polonium?

His son claims he was killed by MI6

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Tragic yes.

But Ronald Reagan was the President.

Now I wonder if Russia is going to do what the US did.

As part of the settlement, the United States did not admit legal liability but agreed to pay on an ex gratia basis US$61.8 million, amounting to $213,103.45 per passenger, in compensation to the families of the Iranian victims.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

more press restrictions in Russia than America but so what?

Is it taboo to discuss it?

Russia didn't cause this situation...

That's very debatable

Hang your head in shame America...

Is my muffin top showing again?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Don't mean to go too off-topic here, but I'm seeing something odd.

One the one hand, we have people saying it is Russia's business, we should just stay out of it. . . .

yet

We have some of same folks condemning Israel for fighting a war.

So which is it? (I'm confused)

Do we mind our own business or are we allowed to comment on another country's actions?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

The clampdown on press freedom comes as no surprise, Russia is under siege by the Western media. Never waste a good crisis is the political mantra. I would love to have seen the USA's reaction had they been in the situation Russia is facing in the Ukraine.

And exactly what situation was Russia facing...the situation they are facing now they caused.

Russia didn't cause this situation, it doesn't matter how you dress it up or say this or that. The whole drama has been played out in the public eye and it is what it is.

And how is that?

Russia invades a sovereign nation on the basis of the lie that Ukraine was keeping Russian speaking citizens from speaking Russian and they have no evidence to back it up, yet they didn't cause this conflict...Okay then who did cause this problem?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Cantbebothered

Why the BRICS should have their own development bank

The New Development Bank would help meet the developing world’s tremendous infrastructure needs, and potentially free up other international financial institutions to better serve lesser developed nations.

Leaders of the five emerging economies known by the acronym BRICS recently moved to deepen their role in the global financial system by agreeing to base a new development bank in Shanghai. The New Development Bank, as it’s called, is designed to provide Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa an alternative way to finance new roads, bridges and other infrastructure projects.

The NDB has been given $50 billion in initial capital, with each of the five countries contribution $10 billion. Although final approval by the BRICS nations could be months if not years away, the idea of a new bank that could potentially be bigger than the World Bank or the International Monetary Fund has unnerved critics.

edit on 3-8-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

a reply to: stumason

Xcathdra, I really don't feel like judging anything that's going on in another country that's not my own, since it's not any of my business.

Weird you dont say that on the Israel/Palestine boards.........

Seems like this though process only works whenever the agenda fits.......

Putin is KGB period.......He shuts down anything that could possibly shine him in a bad light.......

Yes a lot of the companies here in the US are shilled out, but at least we can, for the most part, report whatever we want.........

And independent news outlets can still put out whatever information they want...........

Thats not so in Russia.........you are owned by the state and you WILL report what you are told you can report and thats it.......
edit on 8/3/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Russia annexed Crimea because of the civil unrest in Ukraine...they saw what was coming and thwarted the geo-political plans of the USA. Albeit temporarily. They didn't cause this crisis but they reacted accordingly.

Russia invades a sovereign nation

Russia annexed Crimea...so let's sanction them. Who is sanctioning the USA for their invasions? Who put them in charge? Why don't they piss off out of something that is none of their business and put their own house in order?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Russia annexed Crimea because of the civil unrest in Ukraine...they saw what was coming and thwarted the geo-political plans of the USA. Albeit temporarily. They didn't cause this crisis but they reacted accordingly.

What right does Russia have to annex the territory of another nation, regardless of what is happening internally?

Answer: None!

In fact, this is an international crime - as per the UN Charter, which Russia has signed, territory cannot change hands without negotiation.

Russia annexed Crimea...so let's sanction them. Who is sanctioning the USA for their invasions?

The US never annexed anyone's territory - well, not since the end of WW2 anyway - doing so is in breach of international law. Quite why you think the US actions and Russia's actions are analogous is a bit of a mystery.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

a reply to: stumason

Oh, the irony...
WOW. I can't believe what you just wrote. Why are you playing dumb?

The leader countries of EU with US, started quite a few "revolutions" in the past, many of them since the beginning of this milenium. So many more than Russia ever did.

But, hey, if our countries do it, then it's okay, we're doing it for the sake of people, but if Russians do it, then that is not okay...

Double standards, what a shock? Not really.

I have to agree, the US has been doing this more and more , and has been pretty much invading countries to tell them how to live and what to do but it is all good. Why can't people see that it is the same thing? Wake the hell up people!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

And why was the civil unrest happening again, oh that's right the president they backed stole billions from the the citizens of that country. Also the then president was the one who decided to go against the EU because his backers the Russians didn't want that so yes Russia was the driving force behind the crisis we see now.

Russia annexed Crimea...so let's sanction them. Who is sanctioning the USA for their invasions?

And what countries has the US annexed part of, please show me one?

Why don't they piss off out of something that is none of their business and put their own house in order?

And the same could be said of Russia as Ukraine is not part of Russia, and is in fact a sovereign nation that can handle it's own internal problems without the Russian military invading and annexing part of it.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

So which is it? (I'm confused)

Do we mind our own business or are we allowed to comment on another country's actions?

Well?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Anyone?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
My impression is Putin knows the lay of the land in his depopulated country and is looking for vulnerabilities in the state securities. He doesn't want anti government sentiment when he's working so hard to benefit the Russia people, and is scared of Western powers working to destabilise his nation as a means of establishing their NWO in Russia. Putin is anti NWO. If I were him I would be worried enough to pull off a stunt like this. I'm not saying its right, I'm saying its necessary, and I applaud his wisdom.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
My impression is Putin knows the lay of the land in his depopulated country and is looking for vulnerabilities in the state securities. He doesn't want anti government sentiment when he's working so hard to benefit the Russia people, and is scared of Western powers working to destabilise his nation as a means of establishing their NWO in Russia. Putin is anti NWO. If I were him I would be worried enough to pull off a stunt like this. I'm not saying its right, I'm saying its necessary, and I applaud his wisdom.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join