It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital

page: 122
<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The text is identical and again not an investigative reporter. I thinink this is an example of bad journalists with access to a nationally viewed website. I emailed the editor.

a reply to: jadedANDcynical

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Don't tell me about a resident who is being watched for symptoms, I want to know WTF is going on with his co-passenger who tested positive!

Is there now a patient in isolation in India?

I'm curious about the co-passenger too. I could've swore I read the person died but all that's being reported is the co-passenger tested positive, no follow up. It's being reported the Delhi resident who traveled with that person is being closely watched along with 2 roommates.

It seems the Delhi resident and the ebola positive co-passenger caught a flight in the Ghanaian capital Accra to Addis Ababa in Ethiopia and then flew to Delhi. So far no Ebola cases have been reported from Ghana or Ethiopia.

What I find odd is the person that's being watched for symptoms in India provided phone numbers on travel documents that were not reachable.

www.hindustantimes.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
A couple things I ran across.

Ebola: Family of dead Nigerian nurse on the run

The husband and children of the Nigerian nurse who died after getting infected with the Ebola virus are on the run, the health officials in the country have said.

Nigeria is the fourth West African country to be hit by the Ebola outbreak since it first emerged in March in Guinea. The virus entered the country when Patrick Sawyer, who was suffering from the disease arrived by plane late last month in Lagos.

The nurse, the only Nigerian fatality from the disease which has killed over 900 people in four West African countries, was exposed to the virus at a health facility Sawyer was taken before his death.

The nurse’s family were not the first to flee from quarantine. In Sierra Leone, health ministry data and officials, dozens of people confirmed by laboratory tests to have Ebola are now unaccounted for.

Industry watchers say the government more increase public awareness and sensitisation to educate the public

link

Nigerian Man Takes Ebola Virus To Benin Republic

Just like the late Patrick Sawyer brought the deadly Ebola Virus into Nigeria, it seems a Nigerian has taken the virus into the Republic of Benin. A hospital in the country has announced that they are treating a Nigerian man who they fear has contracted Ebola disease, Benin Republic Health Minister, Dorotheé Gazard, said.
The Nigerian man has been quarantined and a sample of his blood sent to Senegal for testing and verification. If confirmed, this case marks the beginnings of the virus in a fifth west African country.

The Republic of Benin borders Nigeria, to its east, and Togo to its west.

link
edit on 8-8-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

I'm not surprised the family ran.

Check this NY Times article published yesterday: Here.

Scary stuff.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I just read your post on the other thread.

Posted the family on the run there as well.

Scary stuff indeed.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I emailed the author of the original story i posted from HT, will share whatever reply i receive.

I hope this is an error, as I understand how catastrophic this could be.

a reply to: raymundoko

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

and IMAGINE how many people are on the run in REALITY. This is a fraction of what is probably actually happening. How many of these people were able to leave Africa? How many are already infecting other countries? I am telling you - after listening to Issac's testimony yesterday - if you caught the end - he said it may be too late and "the cat may already be out of the bag"... I got chills.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Morningglory

Again, look at the landing page for the site:

http : // www . hindustantimes . com /india-news/ ebola-scare-in-delhi-turns-out-to-be-a-false-alarm/article1-1249391 . aspx

This appears to be either a hoax or bad reporting that another columnist may have picked up by mistake.

Also note, there is no record of another passenger with Ebola on a plane other than Sawyer, and he was afer this supposedly happened.

Also, this supposed encounter happened on Jul 18/19 and they supposedly started monitoring on Jul 21.

a Dwarka resident- is being monitored since July 21. The officials are also monitoring his two roommates but none has shown symptoms of the highly contagious haemorrhagic fever.

That was long enough ago that even if it was true it did not turn out to be Ebola.

The fact that it happened so long ago and the article first showed up yesterday makes me further think this was some horrible hoax.
edit on 8-8-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Yes, I emailed the editor and managed to find a phone number, but after 20 minutes on hold I hung up. I'll try again later.

Also notice the comment from the Delhi Resident:

Coupled with our hungry news manufacturing media who will surely make you a star and will help you to scare the people over here in unimaginable scale

So it seems the locals are kind of calling this BS as well.

Edit, backwards brackets.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: NEB0168

Yes, this I agree with. Many people could be fleeing the infected zones. However, if we restrict travel to and from the restricted zones, their running won't get them far enough to cause international problems.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Updated WHO numbers:

As of Aug 6th: Cases: 1779 Deaths: 961

Hopefully starting to slow down? Let's pray.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Definitely agree and I am really at a loss as to why we have not stopped air travel to/from those countries into the US at a minimum, although someone landing in the UK/Europe from Africa could easily connect to the US... it would have to be based on flight origination.

Just scary.

This link had good information -- PAHO recommending precautions to prevent spread to the Americas.

www.paho.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Please don't link a dating site are your source...

For those who are at work where things like that are blocked here is the article:

af.reuters.com...

See, legit stories almost always have an AP or Reuters source, especially if multiple news sites use identical text.

You will almost always also see a name as the source, especially for something like this. Here is the ministry official:

wsafrica.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

What's sad is tons of aggregate sites are now picking up the Delhi story.

YahooIndia linked to Hindustan Times as their source and copied the text identically:

in.news.yahoo.com...

but their source link shows the URL:

http : // www . hindustantimes . com /india-news/ ebola-scare-in-delhi-turns-out-to-be-a-false-alarm/article1-1249391 . aspx

So I am leaning more and more to this may have been some horrible hoax that some a$$hat perpetrated when he got a hold of an OpEd Journalist's login credentials, or the OpEd Journalist was trying to get famous and may have rushed erroneous information. I mean, from the time it was posted to when the URL was updated to reflect "false alarm" was only a couple hours, if that. So anyone who has picked it up since yesterday afternoon has been using the false alarm link without realizing it.

Even their National news picked it up and ran it as breaking news, and then the anchor said "This report is unconfirmed, we are attempting to contact the Health Ministry", there is a video on YouTube I watched and I am trying to find it again, as the replicated ones are edited to cut off the "This report is unconfirmed".

My biggest irritation is if it is indeed unconfirmed, why f'ing run with it???

The source everyone goes back to is the Hindustan times, and they are using the False Alarm link as their source. I don't think anyone is looking at the URL though, and since Hindustan times in a national paper that is legit, they are taking it as a valid source, even though an OpEd columnist wrote it.

Wanna hear something great? I posted this exact same information, just the info, on GLP.com and they deleted the post and banned me...so yeah, I will probably never visit that site again...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NEB0168

and IMAGINE how many people are on the run in REALITY. This is a fraction of what is probably actually happening. How many of these people were able to leave Africa? How many are already infecting other countries? I am telling you - after listening to Issac's testimony yesterday - if you caught the end - he said it may be too late and "the cat may already be out of the bag"... I got chills.

Most of these people are too poor to do anything other than run to the jungles...I don't think we have to be concerned about a mass of people hopping on planes.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Not concerned with masses of people on planes - although this link leads me to think that family in the US are attempting to get family out

www.startribune.com...

I'm more concerned with infected people traveling to other areas of Africa and coming into contact with someone who has the means / plans to travel elsewhere and infecting them. Its plausible.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Agreed. I for one will not gamble or risk my life. Because we simply do not really know now it's spread. If the aid workers got it and one was working in decontamination, she did something wrong. I applaud her efforts in helping the sick, but at the same time she gambled with her life. Unless we hear she and others were accidentally pricked with a needle. Would I hire her to work at this job again? No.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix
It only takes one person to hop on a plane though.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NEB0168
Excellent point.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Thanks for the follow up.

I hope it's a hoax and if it is what a load of crap reporting. India should be more careful. Such a large population panicking or having to rely on disinfo could be a disaster. They need to get their story straight.

Officials are telling people who came in contact with Sawyer, or anyone with Ebola, to watch for symptoms. With reports of fleeing families, I'm not sure it's a good idea leaving people to their own devices.

top topics

<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join