It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital

page: 121
<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
Yes, and apparantly you dont because CNN and Fox are basically still 24x7 ebola. I just turned it off for good about an hour ago because it was getting old.

That's funny. I was unaware CNN had different programming for different areas. I have had CNN on for hours and on my end its been very little Ebola coverage and nearly non-stop ISIS coverage.

Lie. Busted.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Question for those who have been following the periodic WHO updates on new cases and deaths: it looks like here is where they update new numbers, for instance, that update is from Aug 6th for the new cases and deaths from Aug 2-4. Does that mean that they update new numbers every 2 days, with stats from two-day intervals that are two days old? So that means we can expect new updates tomorrow, with the stats from Aug 5-6th?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Lie busted? OK. Turn on CNN right now...it's Ebola...they're talking about Nigeria...

Does that mean your lie is busted? No, it just means they switch between world news. Don't act like they aren't covering Ebola.

a reply to: netwarrior

Edit: Now it's starving kids in the mountain of Iraq.

I think MSM is realizing this is slow news with no real developments outside of Nigeria which seems to be contained.

edit on 7-8-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
Does anyone know if this is a good source?

www.thecommonsenseshow.com...

I'm concerned that our wide-open borders will make it easy for Ebola to come to the U.S. I've seen claims on several websites (mostly blogs) that it's already in Mexico.

Trying to find concise information through the mainstream media is next to impossible.

Thoughts, anyone?

I've never heard of this website before, but reading the page it seems like Dave Hodges has provided several sources from various walks of life to support the premise that West Africans are streaming across the southern borders. Exact numbers aren't known... but sufficient enough to talk about it. To me when someone compiles a variety of evidence (in this case eye witness testimonies) it gives credibility to the story.

What we have no clue about is if any are infected which is the (main) concern at this point. I found it alarming (but not surprising) to hear the border guards are becoming ill with things like scabies, TB, pneumonia.

The world is upside down, inside out and entirely bass ackwards. We have common sense and wonder how on earth there are all these problems when there is obviously (to us) easy solution. I used to think it was just chaos, but after many years of research have come to believe the chaos is what we see - behind the chaos things are very well orchestrated.

We have no way of knowing what 'they' are up to with this Ebola. To say 'economically' actions can't be taken is ridiculous. To say there isn't manpower to deal with this is ridiculous too. There are no excuses (in my book) to allow this to not be contained with the technology, resources (unlimited), knowledge and means available to CDC, WHO, military, governments. No excuses - I absolutely believe they can contain it. The big question is will they.

I think its wise to err on the side of caution and take precaution and not to rely on them to save any of us. Also it is worth knowing from the Nova/Ebola video posted a while back (I think it's a year or more old) doctors used an Ebola survivor's blood that greatly increased the odds of saving lives. To me there "is" already a treatment for this - those that survive it obviously have some advantage to fight it off.

We can't rely on MSM for any truth, they are completely owned and controlled and spoon fed 'what' to talk about.

edit on 7-8-2014 by wishes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Not covering ebola for 3 hours means it is not 24x7. Not once in the previous 3 hours did they breathe the word Ebola. Before that it got about 10 minutes of coverage before going back to ISIS.

Now its Wolf talking about ISIS. Again.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: switchqm8

Was anyone ever able to find out what "Level 1" is? I know it is the highest response for their operations center, but that only applies to their center in Atlanta correct?

Does that really mean a whole lot? I would think they need to upgrade their containment levels that go from 1 being the lowest to 3 being the highest. 3 would cause travel restrictions to all area's who have shown an outbreak.

Not sure if this has been answered but this is what Alert Level 1 means according to CDC..

CNN) - The CDC has issued it's highest alert for the Ebola crisis: A Level-One.

This the CDC's Emergency Operations Center - the nerve center of its response to the Ebola outbreak.

Reporter: "A few minutes after I walked in, phones and blackberries started buzzing, the alert level was raised to the highest there is. While we were here the activation level just went up to Level 1."

What does that mean?

What that means is more people and more resources dedicated to the response

It also sends a message within the organization the sort of all hands on deck kind approach to things that people may need to drop what they are doing or cut back what they're doing to contribute to this ebola response because we just need more bodies to help with the activities.

link in a sec.

KTIVnews

edit on 8/7/2014 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Thanks! So it does seem it is specific to the response center in that more people are focusing on it within the CDC. I would definitely lime to see a better containment level on travel to and from west Africa.

a reply to: paxnatus

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Me too ray! take at look at my last post in another thread.....

I don't know if ya'll have seen this yet but this raises some real questions and i think all the medical professionals can back me up on this.....

Here in the U.S.: Different confusion. Different questions. for example, if Ebola is not airborne, why the extraordinary precautions for Dr. Brantley and Ms. Whitebol?

It turns out standard precautions may suffice.

"We're pretty confident that any large hospital could handle an Ebola case using traditional isolation rooms with negative pressure room and with traditional, Stephan Monroe, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said.

Droplet and respiratory precautions.

And while I suited up in multiple layers when I was in Guinea earlier this year, the CDC says a mask, goggles to protect eyes or a face shield to protect the face, a protective gown to prevent bodily fluids from covering clothes and arms and gloves can provide protection for most situations.

The WHO is currently meeting and could announce a public health emergency on Friday - that would add even more urgency at the CDC's nerve center here in Atlanta.

Now not to bring up the old argument between airborne and droplet transmission but this. In the medical profession they are 3 basic different types of Isolation....Universal precautions = gloves .Contact precautions = gloves, and gown..If you are going to come into contact with body fluids or during more involved wound care....Respiratory = gloves, gown and mask. For your patients who are most contagious but basically for pathogens spread through the air.....Not just droplet but airborne....If we remember back to to 2009 at the hyped up scare over H1N1 you may remember heaaing wear masks.....but viral particles will seep through a standard isolation mask......It would require a respirator type mask and the general healthcare population never ever wear those.

Unlike facemasks, respirators form a tight seal to the face. Respirators typically refer to CDC-certified N95 or higher filtering face pieces (meaning that they filter out 95% of airborne particles). They are primarily manufactured for use in construction and industrial jobs that expose workers to dust and small airborne particles.1 In order for respirators to be effective, they must be fitted properly according to the OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION(OSHA) guidelines.5 Respirators are harder than facemasks to breathe through for extended periods of time and can cause skin irritation. CDC guidelines do not suggest respirators for children or people with facial hair.

[url=http://center4research.org/i-saw-it-on-the-internet/face-masks-and-respirators-can-they-prevent-viruses-like-h1n1-swine-flu/]centers4research[/ur l]

I wanted to add my opinion...I do not believe standard hospitals are ready for taking on an Ebola patient in a regular isolation room ....If we are in full protective gear including respirator gadget then maybe but it is gonna take a very long time to train that many....and once you get so many involved in each case, the number for contamination sky rockets...never mind the chances of cross contamination...

Pax

edit on 8/7/2014 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
Gracias.
normally during the week I leave for work at 7am and dont get home till 10:30 pm at night so pretty much I have no time to know whats going on in the world during the week. Lol im really not trying to be paranoid here but if someone naturally has a crappy immune system, is there something wrong that can be medically fixed? Or some sort of doctor to see. Or are we just screwed? I had to go to instacare today cause someone was so kind to come school this week sick (the e-mergence doesn't work) Bad news is I appear to be getting sick and i have a massive amounts of fluid behind my ear drums, the good news is that it isnt infected "usually only gets infected in children" Which was funny cause i was just at anotther instacare last week after having a virus and the doctor said the post virus rash i still have on my back is usually only seen in children lol. I should start prepping for an out break just in case, maybe a nice bubble. lmao

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Asherz189

i sent you a PM Ash, hope it helps!

let me know if you have questions...

Pax

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Here is the youtube copy of today's congressional hearing:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Here is the youtube copy of today's congressional hearing:

Thanks for bein on top of this dude you beat me to the punch in both threads lol

One of several very important things learned at ~1:45:

Reported infection/death believed to be only 25%-50% of reality.

In other news

Seems like Monsanto isn't ready to let their magic serum save everyone just quite yet

“We’ve got to let the science guide us,” [Obama] said during a news conference that concluded the three-day U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit in Washington. “We’re focusing on the public health approach right now because we know how to do that.”

The president said the disease has spread because health systems in the region were “overwhelmed” and many people there don’t fully trust medical workers. With the right public health protocols, he said, the virus “can be controlled and contained very effectively.”

“I don’t think all the information is in on whether this drug is helpful,” Obama said when asked about the ethics of making the drug available. “I will continue to seek information about what we’re learning with respect to these drugs going forward.”

and some sawyer fun

Images from a Close Circuit Television (CCTV) monitored here at the James Spriggs Payne’s Airport have shown how the late Patrick Sawyer was terribly ill before boarding the Nigeria bond flight.

The late Sawyer from the recording, it appears he knew, he had been infected by the deadly tropical disease. His behavior, among other passengers waiting at the boarding gate was strange.

His face bore a sad countenance like someone who was troubled, as he sat alone avoiding body contacts with everyone who came close by him.

His strange behavior and frequent movement up and down as he eagerly awaits his ASky flight had prompted the security camera operator to focus on him. In the video, Patrick could be seen avoiding physical contacts with airport employees and other passengers during the check in process.

After checking in, Patrick briefings left the terminal, but he would soon be shown sitting in an isolated area by himself at the boarding gate or waiting room. The video footage also shows the late Patrick lying flat on his stomach on the floor in the corridor of the airport a sign of someone in excruciating pain.

This writer, who also watched the video footage of Patrick at the Spriggs Payne Airport said the late Patrick was seen preventing people from touching him. The recording shows him snubbing an Immigration officer who was seen moving straight toward him in a friendly gesture for a handshake as he boarded the flight. The footage was shown after his death was announced upon arrival in Nigeria.

Patrick died Thursday night at the First Consultant Medical Centre, Obalende, in Lagos where he was hospitalized. Sawyer only arrived in Nigeria on Sunday, July 20 for a conference when he was tested and confirmed of having the Ebola virus.

www.thenewdawnliberia.com...:patrick-sawyers-last-hours-at-spriggs&catid=25:politics&Itemid=59< br />

Patrick Sawyer, the Liberian man who brought the Ebola virus into Nigerian, looked "terribly ill" and might have known he was infected with the virus before traveling to Nigeria, the Liberian media is reporting.

According to a review of Close Circuit Television (CCTV) images at the James Spriggs Payne's Airport, Monrovia, by Liberian newspaper, The New Dawn, Mr. Sawyer, also a naturalised American, looked terribly ill and deliberately avoided contacts with people just before boarding the Asky Airline flight that brought him to the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos.

Describing his behaviour as "strange", the The New Dawn said Mr. Sawyer bore a "sad countenance" like he was troubled and sat alone avoiding bodily contact with other passengers who came close to him at the boarding gate of the James Sprigg Payne's Airport as he awaits his flight to Lagos.

According to Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Jide Idris, Mr Sawyer who was a consultant for the Liberian Ministry of Finance, arrived Lagos on July 23 to attend an ECOWAS convention in Calabar. He became terribly ill on the airplane just before it touched down in Lagos.

Some ECOWAS officials and airport staff helped him out of the airplane and rushed him to First Consultant Medical Centre, Obalende, where he died two days later.

"His strange behaviour and frequent movement up and down as he eagerly awaits his Asky flight had prompted the security camera operator to focus on him. In the video, Patrick could be seen avoiding physical contacts with airport employees and other passengers during the check in process," the newspaper wrote.

Airport video footage, according to the report, also showed Mr. Sawyer lying flat on his stomach on the floor in the corridor of the airport and seemed to be in "excruciating pain."

The footage showed Mr. Sawyer preventing people from touching him.

According to the The New Dawn reporter who reviewed the video, he even snubbed an Immigration officer who initiated a friendly gesture of a handshake moments before he boarded the airplane.

FrontPage Africa, another Liberian newspaper, is also reporting that Mr. Sawyer, who is believed to have been infected by his sister who died of Ebola told its reporter soon before he travelled to Nigeria that he had gone in search of his sister's husband who ran away after she tested positive for Ebola.

The paper said Mr. Sawyer vomited a few times among his friends in Liberian just before heading to the airport and also on the plane.

FrontPage Africa's publisher, Rodney Sieh, later told PREMIUM TIMES by telephone from the Liberian capital, Monrovia, that his paper's extensive reporting on the matter showed clearly Mr. Sawyer knew he had contacted the Ebola virus before travelling to Nigeria.

"He definitely knew he was sick and it was curious that he still decided to travel," Mr. Sieh said. "His sister had died from the virus and he most likely had contact with her."

Rage and disruptive behaviour According to FrontPage Africa, after Mr. Sawyer became ill on the airplane; he denied to First Consultant's personnel that he had contact with anyone infected with Ebola despite repeated inquiries after initial tests for Malaria and HIV were negative.

The newspaper said Mr. Sawyer however went into a rage and behaved in a disruptive manner at First Consultant Medical Centre after he was told he tested positive to Ebola.

allafrica.com...

one user's comment claims people there believe Sawyer was a terrorist and/or pawn.
edit on 8-8-2014 by JG1993 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I'm glad you recognize HT as a credible source, I've used them as a source in the past and found them to be reliable.

I trust you will also recognize the IBT as equally legitimate:

Delhi resident who arrived from Ghana on a flight is being watched closely for symptoms of Ebola after WHO alerted Indian authorities that his co-passenger had tested positive

Ebola Scare: Indian in Delhi on Watch for Symptoms

That's the exact same phrase used in the original article I linked.

Don't tell me about a resident who is being watched for symptoms, I want to know WTF is going on with his co-passenger who tested positive!

Is there now a patient in isolation in India?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JG1993

His assessment of the numbers is really something.

I've said this in a few other posts, but will repeat here:

What's clear to me is our guys are still playing catchup and in denial. At times you can see Isaacs in the audience during the first panel's testimony, and I thought he was going to explode. You could see it in his face....crossed arms.... thrown back.

It's obvious he thinks a lot of what was said is BS- particularly the bit about the thousands of PPEs, which the government admitted sit over there undistributed.

Then there was the bit about Sawyer.

It turns out that while in Liberia, he was traveling with one of the most prominent physicians in Liberia touring ebola patients, and that physician openly mocked the existence of ebola while visiting a Samaritan facility. Apparently they tried to breach Samaritan's isolation ward with no gloves or protective gear. Sawyer and that physician then left and visited a hospital in downtown Monrovia to examine other Ebola patients. The physician died four days later.

Sawyer died a day later in Nigeria.

So Sawyer was actively touring claimed ebola patients in addition to supposedly caring for his sister.

Amazing testimony.

Issacs ends with "I think we will see death tolls that are unimaginable right now...."

Just wow.

edit on 8-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I think the only people who can on a very close proxemity from patients there are the few people who survived the disease. They should be paid 100 times the salary of doctors and walk with 3 doctors making house visits. the surviver tuned nurse will take the vital signs and with a flash light can doctors from outside the house see the patient and talk to him through the survivor nurse. They could also use phone to phone Skype to see details of his body and skins.

It is essential that doctors live! the survivor turned nurse can not be infected again even if the patient coughed or vomited in his face.

The survivors can donate 2 pints of blood which probably can save from 4 patients up to 20.

With good food the survivor with his blood can save 100 patients monthly?
Dr bently survived only because of the donated blood, and since the donator-surviver had just recovered and his blood contain the small size of antibodies along huge amounts of viruses still on the run in his blood for another may be 20 days, then dr brantly could only taken small amount of blood having very little amount of antibodies like a tenth of cubic centimeter, and since most antivenum serum injects are 1 to 2 centiliters, then even a one of a twentieth of a standard antibodies ampule can save a person not really needed much.
Added benefit was the virsuses in the blood dr bently recieved which the opportunity for his own immunity cells to produce his own antibody and kill the virus , this way the doctor got both aquired aquired immunity from the antibodies and active immunity from the virsuses he recieved (viruses being similar to live virus vaccine!!)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asherz189
a reply to: crazyewok
Gracias.
normally during the week I leave for work at 7am and dont get home till 10:30 pm at night so pretty much I have no time to know whats going on in the world during the week. Lol im really not trying to be paranoid here but if someone naturally has a crappy immune system, is there something wrong that can be medically fixed? Or some sort of doctor to see. Or are we just screwed? I had to go to instacare today cause someone was so kind to come school this week sick (the e-mergence doesn't work) Bad news is I appear to be getting sick and i have a massive amounts of fluid behind my ear drums, the good news is that it isnt infected "usually only gets infected in children" Which was funny cause i was just at anotther instacare last week after having a virus and the doctor said the post virus rash i still have on my back is usually only seen in children lol. I should start prepping for an out break just in case, maybe a nice bubble. lmao

There are a few conditions that cause immune system problems , im not a doctor, just a lab rat so its not right for me to try and go in to diagnosis.

What I suggest is you visit your Doctor and discuss your concerns, see if they can find out why.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JG1993

I've been thinking about the possibility that Sawyer was more than just a victim also.

His behavior in the airport and purposely urinating all over multiple people/healthcare providers in quarantine just screams malevolence.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I watched a lot of the testimony live and what I found to be the most disturbing was the gentleman from Samaritan's Purse who testified at the end of the hearing.

He was visibly shaken and seemed to be in panic mode.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Seek_Truth
but do't forget that he lied about the incubation period being from 8-10 days that could go from 2 - 22 days.
that's impossible unless there were 2! or more strains of Zaire version outbreaking in one jungle on the border of three countries . just too many coincidences to believe.

incubation period can change from epidemic to epidemic of the same strain, like for 2009 it is 10, for 2011 12 days with 10 being the more virulent.

it is how health departments prepare for an epidemic . if the incubation period is shorter then more serious consequences might happen, then they will bring the needed stuff for that once they find out the lengtth of the incubation period. the way how they calculate that, is to measure the time between the first slope and the second. and then they know. there will be a third and a forth.
like rubella for example if it was shorter then there will be suffocation among children 2%, then they dessiminate papers to the doctors to prepare for such thing like emergency tracheoctomy, antibodies, people could be warned not to take it lightly, and so on.

as for our case here mr purse crying wolf but not telling the exact incubation period, seem he want to hide the fact it is planted there. and the sudden bancrupsy declaration of the UN now! why not a month ago, so those nations know there is no help coming.why the un WHO and Pasteur institute did not declare emergency a month ago, alerting the nations to wisen up.
2 to 22 days is a complete freud and belittling of people, especially they know the nations wont even have a time to complain.
the delay of declaring emergency a whole one month, and the planes are still flying, and that will be taking precations later like after the second flare etc, instead of now , just cutting the flights completely from that area, why?
so it is not those nations but more nations, the all nations maybe.
since UN takes care of all nations without discrimination.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
No, the incubation period has ALWAYS varied widely for Ebola. It has nothing to do with strains. The majority of infected become symptomatic after 8-10 days.

a reply to: reletomp

new topics

top topics

<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join