It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital

page: 120
<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: 00nunya00

Oh really? That's how it works? My point is they used absolutely no names, not even the names of the Health officials. The column is from a journalist that posts one story a month, and from their stories obviously isn't an investigative reporter. Snehil Sinha is listed as "opinion" on the site. So just an opinion columnist.

Like I said, I am hoping this is some journalist making a huge screw up as Ebola in the slums of India would not go down well. Malaria is common there and produces flue like symptoms. People could confuse Ebola for Malaria and entire families would get sick. If it is an accurate story I am hoping it is just precautionary and nobody has Ebola.

I am feverishly trying to source this story. I emailed the editor.

Fair enough. Time will tell if it was inaccurate or not. I would also refer you to the fact that the most credible news sources in the US use unnamed sources all the time, as they're not authorized to make public statements about an issue, but want to get important info out there ASAP. It does not necessarily mean that the information is false.

You will probably not get e reply to your email until tomorrow, as it's the middle of the night over there right now. Thank you for your efforts to verify the story.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

No need, see my reply. HindustanTimes.com already renamed the landing page of the article:

www.hindustantimes.com...

ebola-scare-in-delhi-turns-out-to-be-a-false-alarm

If you search for her she had 42 stories, now she only has 41 and the ebola scare is not listed:

I think they are cleaning it up. It looks like it may have either been a sick joke or horrible reporting.

Like I said, the timing of the countries announcement about Delhi just seemed to coincidental for such a generic story.
edit on 7-8-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Were we the last to know about the Medical workers? Were we the last to know that airport staff were being monitored? No...

This is every reporters dream. I guarantee you every major network around the world has freelancers out there tracking down people from flights to see if they are healthy. The Network that finds the outbreak first gets the most viewers.

Yes, we were the last to know, because the first to know was the inner circle of people that were directly related to those cases, then the secondary circle of officials that were notified, then the third circle of journalists scooping the story, and then finally the fourth circle: all of us reading the story.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

No need, see my reply. HindustanTimes.com already renamed the landing page of the article:

ebola-scare-in-delhi-turns-out-to-be-a-false-alarm

Wonderful, that's great news. Thanks for the update.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I see your point, however we were the last to know within a couple hours of it going down...My point was mainly that we will know pretty quickly. The Media is all over this.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Wait, I'm confused----the text in the first version of the article (still open on my browser) is the exact same as the "new" version, and besides the URL, there's nothing in the article that has changed, including the text quoted by the original poster of it. Am I missing something? Where is the "false alarm" info besides in the URL?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
FDA lifts hold on experimental ebola drug

WASHINGTON (AP) - Federal health authorities have eased safety restrictions on an experimental drug to treat Ebola, a move that could clear the way for its use in patients infected with the deadly virus.

Canadian drugmaker Tekmira Pharmaceuticals said the Food and Drug Administration modified a hold recently placed on the company's drug. The company has a $140 million contract with the U.S. government to develop its drug TKM-Ebola, which targets the genetic material of Ebola. But last month the FDA halted a small study of the injection in humans due to safety concerns.

Tekmira said Thursday the agency "verbally confirmed" changes to the hold that may allow the company to make the drug available to patients.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I see your point, however we were the last to know within a couple hours of it going down...My point was mainly that we will know pretty quickly. The Media is all over this.

Do you even have a TV? The MSM has completely backed off on ebola reporting. They got beat up pretty bad for running 24 hr *it's a miracle* *secret magic serum* *The Americans in Atlanta are almost cured* programming.

And the CDC yesterday announced that no more hospitals are going to release any information to the press if they are seeing anyone suspected of having ebola. Hospitals are to report directly to the CDC...only. CDC used patient confidentiality as their reason for halting all info from hospitals to anyone but them.

Ebola talk in the U.S. is becoming low key with the MSM now. What they do talk about now, is the CDC is confident that they can handle anything.

Thank God/Goddess we have the internet to keep on top of things.

Des

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Do you even have a TV? The MSM has completely backed off on ebola reporting. They got beat up pretty bad for running 24 hr *it's a miracle* *secret magic serum* *The Americans in Atlanta are almost cured* programming.

And the CDC yesterday announced that no more hospitals are going to release any information to the press if they are seeing anyone suspected of having ebola. Hospitals are to report directly to the CDC...only. CDC used patient confidentiality as their reason for halting all info from hospitals to anyone but them.

Ebola talk in the U.S. is becoming low key with the MSM now. What they do talk about now, is the CDC is confident that they can handle anything.

Thank God/Goddess we have the internet to keep on top of things.

Des

Whoa, I didn't see that CDC announcement, can you link it for me? That's a big deal.

(And Des, I love ya babe, but we really have to try to break this cycle of snark/counter-snark. We all have to try to be as impeccable with our words and tones as possible if we don't want bans and thread shutdown.
)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I missed a lot!

But am still stuck on the plane...here's a bit more than my original post. Okay...I'm back to the plane that transported the patients from Liberia to Atlanta. I spoke to a pilot friend who said (I hope I get this right) it is likely they refueled somewhere before Maine on the return trip.

originally posted by: [post=18244828]~Lucidity with a few additions...
PhoenixAir Plane
Multi Patient VIP

This Amazing Jet Will Transport Ebola Victims From Africa To The U.S.

The jet initially took off on its mission Thursday at 2:03pm EST, but turned back after only 2 hours and 14 minutes of what should have been a six and a half hour flight to the Azores for a refueling stop. Then, at 5:08PM EST, Phoenix Air flight 333, under the callsign "Gray Bird" made its way to the Azores once again.

It's a GIII, with a range of 5,070 miles (4,410 nautical miles) with maximum fuel and reserves, but wen flying at its top cruise speed, it can fly 3,330 miles (2,900 nautical miles) nonstop.

It is Distance is 8107 kilometers or 5038 miles or 4378 nautical miles from Liberia to Atlanta.

So I guess it makes sense it had to stop to refuel in Maine?

However, the distance from Libera to Maine? That's 7079 kilometers or 4399 miles or 3822 nautical miles.

Does it still make sense? I dunno. Maybe Zaphod's already been here?

Aside from all this, doesn't it look to you as if it can fit two patients? So why did they bring them one at a time?

Other Oddities

The tail number N173PA is registered to N173PA LLC, WILMINGTON, DE (Corporation), not Phoenix Air. The plane is its own LLC?

The plane made a round-trip flight on Thursday , July 31 to Delaware. It show it at the same time starting to make a trip to the Azores, specifically to Lajes Air Base, but it then diverted, if I'm reading this right.

The last records I can find are from that date...I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

The World's 18 Strangest Military Bases

See page 14...right in there with Detrick.

Lajes honors Biomedical Sciences Corps

That's all...for now.

A.B.C.....I....

ETA....

O ther places plane has been...

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Wasn't it mentioned that this person was sent to Atlanta specifically because of their disease centre there? They would have quarantined the patient to prevent any possible spread in North America. It is also extremely hard to contract hence why even with the outbreak in Africa it is only affecting a small percentage of the population.

There is a doctor on Vancouver Island (I live on the Vancouver mainland) who contracted Ebola from treating patients but when he came back to Canada they quarantined him in his house and there have been 0 reports of anyone becoming infected here because of him. I think you can rest easy.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Awesome research there, thanks! That must have taken a lot work to compile, I appreciate it!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Thank you. Wish I had more time. Had a few requests to make this a separate thread...so I did.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 8/7/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The URL isn't enough for you?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Yes, and apparantly you dont because CNN and Fox are basically still 24x7 ebola. I just turned it off for good about an hour ago because it was getting old.

a reply to: Destinyone

I also can't find your CDC announcement. Can you source it?

I can't say I don't blame them about *suspected* Ebola. All it did was cause planic.

edit on 7-8-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Does anyone know if this is a good source?

www.thecommonsenseshow.com...

I'm concerned that our wide-open borders will make it easy for Ebola to come to the U.S. I've seen claims on several websites (mostly blogs) that it's already in Mexico.

Trying to find concise information through the mainstream media is next to impossible.

Thoughts, anyone?

edit on 7-8-2014 by dianajune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

The URL isn't enough for you?

The URL is certainly a good indication, but I don't understand why they would leave the rest of the article untouched if it was, indeed, a false alarm. I'm not arguing that it WASN'T a false alarm, I'm confused as to why nothing else was changed (not even the article headline), so I'm sincerely asking if I'm missing something or guidance to understand why they would leave the "false alarm" update to nothing but the URL (which most people don't actually look at, besides us skeptics, researchers, and eagle-eyed folks).

ETA: side note; I popped a xanax a little while ago, so please bear with me tonight if I'm a little slow to comprehend or cloudy in my posts. Be gentle, please.

edit on 7-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

My thoughts are that the scary version has people willing to be suicide bombers with a current lack of things to go blow up with being convinced that enduring a short period of illness for the cause would be right and honorable too. This has gone on so long that the plot of books will probably have crossed even the mind of street fighters among those aligned against America.

Get them sick, get them across a couple borders then let random travel take it's course. It actually has been the plot of books I think. This should be a time our borders are closed tight enough to turn charcoal briquettes into Hope Diamonds, but this is the moment they are more wide open than any time since we cared enough to hire a Border Patrol.

A coincidence, I have no doubt.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune
Not sure about that site. Seems like it's all over the map with theories and topics.

Consider this too, though, for what it's worth: Right-Wing Media Exploit Ebola Outbreak In West Africa To Spread Immigration Fears

We're human. We try to make things fit.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I also can't find your CDC announcement. Can you source it?

I can't say I don't blame them about *suspected* Ebola. All it did was cause planic.

I agree about the suspected cases; I do hope they will continue to be timely with informing the public if cases are confirmed, though. I think confirmations are vitally important for locals to take the precautions they might need (or deserve the right to take) if a person walked around in their city with ebola symptoms once it's confirmed. Car pooling instead of public transport, disinfecting grocery cart handals, using tissues to open door handles, etc.
edit on 7-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join