It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza conflict: 'Israeli market strike kills 15'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well the IDF seem to be racking them up now , on top of the UN school shelling news just in that a strike on a crowded market has killed another 15 civilians and injured 160 more during a supposed truce.

At least 15 people have been killed and 160 wounded in an Israeli strike that hit a market near Gaza City, Palestinian officials say.

The explosion hit a busy fruit and vegetable market in Shejaiya, east of Gaza City, where hundreds of Palestinians were shopping, a spokesman for the Gaza health ministry said.

The attack came during a four-hour truce called by the Israeli military.
www.bbc.co.uk...

When will the world step in and put and end to this insanity

Obama I'm looking at you !

edit on 30-7-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
There were bottle rockets hidden beneath the cucumbers!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This report is according to Palestinian officials.

For all we know, it could have been yet another errant rocket fired by Hamas that landed in Gaza.

I'll wait for an official response from the IDF.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
And some people say it's not a genocide. It is what it is.
The slaughter of innocents again and again ...

I fear the world will not step up, the coward heads of states are the coward Zionists slaves.

In a moment you'll have the usual heartless drones saying it's Hamas fault..

edit on 30-7-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

GAZA/OCCUPIED JERUSALEM: Israeli strikes near a market in the eastern Gaza Strip killed 17 Palestinians and wounded more than 200 Wednesday, the local health ministry said.

Residents said that Israeli shelling and two missiles from the air hit the area in Shejaiya, on the fringes of the city of Gaza. An Israeli military spokeswoman said she was checking the report.

Other news source is reporting more dead and injured.
Source: www.dailystar.com.lb... mmpH

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever

For all we know, it could have been yet another errant rocket fired by Hamas that landed in Gaza.

And you think you will get truth from the IDF ? How funny ..

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9
And some people say it's not the genocide. It is what it is.

I fear the world will not step up, the coward heads of states are the coward Zionists slaves.

If the world was so scared of Israel as you and others make them out to be, and Israel really wanted the genocide of the Palestenian people, Israel is fully capable of doing this in a matter of hours if not minutes.....and wiping Palestine off the map....

So this throwing around the term of genocide is a bit ridiculous......

If they hate the muslims so much, then why do the majority live within Israel in peace with the rest of the populace?

Enough
edit on 7/30/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
dbl
edit on 7/30/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I want to know when the World is going to recognize
the Israeli regime for what it is!

They don't seem very different to the Nazi's of
1940 Germany.

When is the world going to step in and stop them...
When is the United States going to grow a pair and
stop supporting Israel..

What's going on in Gaza is an affront to humanity and needs
to be stopped.

Disgraceful.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

If the world was so scared of Israel as you and others make them out to be, and Israel really wanted the genocide of the Palestenian people, Israel is fully capable of doing this in a matter of hours if not minutes.....and wiping Palestine off the map....

If they hate the muslims so much, then why do the majority live within Israel in peace with the rest of the populace?

Enough

There is a difference between the word extermination and genocide. This is clearly a genocide, no if or buts.

And yes, the zionist ideology is mainly racist and discriminatory.

You honestly don't see the similarities between the Zionists regime and the NAZI regime ?

edit on 30-7-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

What's going on in Gaza is an affront to humanity and needs
to be stopped.

Absolutely agreed , the governments of the world have blood on their hands through their inaction , the inhumanity I see makes my blood boil and the lack of meaningful action makes a mockery of the UN , its time to start enforcing the rule of international law regardless of cultural sensitivities .... War crimes should be called war crimes.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Perhaps there are those that do not see this beastiality as conditioning for the Western world...but I think we are being slowly (debatable I realize) conditioned to atrocity of every nature......
The obvious lack of any motivation by the PTB to lessen the carnage most everywhere in the world makes me think we are being set up to lose our HUMAN COMPASSION......
I don't know who or why, but we are being stripped of our human souls and our natural compassion by forces unknown.....
The trend is clear if you look backward to the First World War where the last chivalrous peace was Christmas in the trenches....where the troops ceased for a time to kill each other, and met in no mans land....the truce declared from the bottom up.....
The human psyche is at a crossroads that technology has brought us to.......
It remains to be seen if mankind will reject,.... or embrace..... its own humanity.....

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
There is no excuse for striking populated places. The Israelis have drones and they know exactly what they're hitting. When a billion Muslims stomp through Israel it will be just.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I see your point but I know right from wrong and no matter how many times I see it that doesn't change , the theft of land over decades , the repeated incursions and the death of people not responsible for the actions of the few remain in my mind as in injustice that the governments of the world are complicit in through their silence in unerring support for what has become a rogue nation.

I will never become desensitised to the sight of dead children.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Enough

This.

There is no chance this was an intentional strike on civilians by the IDF. If it wasn't another errant Hamas rocket, similar to the incidents that took place with a hospital and UN shelter a couple of days ago, there has to be a reasonable explanation.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

And you think you will get truth from the IDF ? How funny ..

Yes. The IDF has acknowledged every incident on their part thus far, unlike Hamas.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
CNN has reported that Hamas violated the humanitarian cease fire that was supposed to be in effect for four hours earlier today. Hamas militants took advantage of the window of opportunity and fired more rockets into Israel from within close proximity of the market. The IDF responded with retaliatory air strikes targeting missile launchers.

The loss of civilian life is tragic. However, Hamas continues to provoke a military response and deliberately put Palestinian civilians in danger.
edit on 30-7-2014 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Enough

There is a difference between the word extermination and genocide. This is clearly a genocide, no if or buts.

And yes, the zionist ideology is mainly racist and discriminatory.

You honestly don't see the similarities between the Zionists regime and the NAZI regime ?

No actually by definition genocide and extermination are both defined as the systematic extermination of a whole populace. So you are wrong there. The only difference is semantics based on WHY they are being killed

2.you claim they are racist except again. The Muslims that live in Isreal live a good life and most live a higher standard of living

The difference is the ones in Isreal aren't trying to bomb the non Muslims in Isreal

So it stands to reason the issue is Hamas. Not this idea that the Jewish state of Isreal hates Muslims so they want to kill everyone in Palestine thought process

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

CNN has reported that Hamas violated the humanitarian cease fire that was supposed to be in effect for four hours earlier today. Hamas militants took advantage of the window of opportunity and fired more rockets into Israel from within close proximity of the market. The IDF responded with retaliatory air strikes targeting missile launchers.

The loss of civilian life is tragic. However, Hamas continues to provoke a military response and deliberately put Palestinian civilians in danger.

Because Hamas is running a PR campaign against Isreal. They know they are outgunned and outmatched.

Anyone who studies military strategy knows that winning hearts and minds to a cause is a primary goal. They also know that the tactic Hamas is using is a classic one

What baffles me is that so many people can't see this.

Hamas cares only about their agenda. Not their populace. They do nothing to protect their Palestinian people. This is intentional. Dead civilians =sympathy on the world stage

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

This.

There is no chance this was an intentional strike on civilians by the IDF. If it wasn't another errant Hamas rocket, similar to the incidents that took place with a hospital and UN shelter a couple of days ago, there has to be a reasonable explanation.

Here are the rockets that Hamas fires into Isreal.
en.wikipedia.org...
Here is a quote from a documented incident of one of those rockets power.

In October 2010 five children and three women were injured after a Qassam rocket training site exploded near a crowded residential area of Tel As-Sultan in Rafah.

Here is a quote from the MoD. This was also before the "Iron Dome" was in use.

In 2006, the Israeli Ministry of Defense viewed the Qassams as "more a psychological than physical threat."

Do you honestly think a 1.5Kg warhead made of salvaged TNT and/or fertilizer is going to cause this much destruction?
Here is an example of 3lbs of C4 detonating.

Don't think I am excusing the fact that these rockets are being fired. I am just tying to put things into context.

EDIT: To remove excessive space. : p
edit on 30-7-2014 by rockn82 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join